Yuurei
Yuurei
Goon
Yuurei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:02 am

Post by Yuurei »

so being human or not isn't as much alignment indicative as we thought?

interesting.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:02 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 1269, hebichan wrote:last 20 pages...

Luna made a scumslip, luna and mathblade both claimed neighborizors of different fashions.
A scum slip is a bit of an extreme thing to call that imo. More like a questionable post by Luna or something. I don't think they're conf scum from that
Theta Alpine
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Theta Alpine
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:08 am

Post by Theta Alpine »

In post 1276, Yuurei wrote:so being human or not isn't as much alignment indicative as we thought?

interesting.
hmm i suppose my role could also refer to non-town humans now that i think about it
maybe a human sk exists
alter of rautherdir
as town won 5 games | lost 6 games | mislimd 3 times | dayvigged once | nightkilled 3 times | vengekilled once | survived 3 times
as scum won 5 games | lost 1 game | eliminated twice | dayvigged once | vigged once | survived once | perfect scum victory once
and if you count large normal 204 then i won that game after replacing out as scum
Yuurei
Yuurei
Goon
Yuurei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:25 am

Post by Yuurei »

In post 1274, Aronis wrote:
In post 1255, Vecna wrote:Hmmm I just noticed that my role pm could be alluding that theres also potentially non-humans in the town
Is it possible that there could be something else outside of human/wolf? Like a third species?
i think the real question is what the hell are we supposed to do.

let's for the sake of theories, say that there may be a third species or something similar.

if the town win con is to kill all the werewolves, wouldn't it mean that these third species, although generally are anti-town, in this game specifically wouldn't be a enemy?

and if our win con has nothing to with them, wouldn't it mean that them don't have anything to do with us as well?

in other words, if the win con of town is to kill the werewolves, it doesn't matter if there is third species, third parties or unicorns. we only need to get rid of the werewolves. that's all we gotta do based on our win con.

Maybe, depending of how mastina replies my question, we should instantly do a massclaim of species, saying "human" or "non-human".

of course the "bad" werewolves will be claiming human, but werewolves and other species aligned with the town (and that i suppose that need to kill other werewolves and sacrifice themselves) will have nothing to fear.

the unique problem is if there's roughly the same quantity of non-humans in town that there's of humans, because the human town win con is to have at least one
human
townie remaining.

that means that even if we're from the same alignment and will share common goals (eliminating the werewolves), we're not exactly the "same". maybe they need to have one
not-human
townie remaining, although that would be a
huge
problem
setup-wise
and i don't think that it's likely.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:32 am

Post by Ankamius »

I don't agree to a species massclaim

It could just as easily out our strongest PRs or something else as much as not.
Yuurei
Yuurei
Goon
Yuurei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:37 am

Post by Yuurei »

In post 1280, Ankamius wrote:I don't agree to a species massclaim

well, that may or not be true (it would probably get way easier to scum hunt though), but i imagine that the werewolves aligned with town specifically would need to claim in some point, because our win con state seems to imply that we need to get rid of all the werewolves, be they aligned with other werewolves or not. Although i'm not sure so i asked the mod about it.

depending of how things turn out to be, massclaiming "werewolf" and "not werewolf" is essential, even if the bad guys are going to lie.
Yuurei
Yuurei
Goon
Yuurei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:41 am

Post by Yuurei »

well, that is...

if the non-humans win con isn't to get rid of all
humans
though.

but if it was that way, it would mean that alignments means
nothing
, and it's highly unlikely the case.

there may not even exist third species, only werewolves aligned with the town to confuse possible investigative roles.
Yuurei
Yuurei
Goon
Yuurei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:44 am

Post by Yuurei »

or maybe all of the town is human and the werewolves are werewolves, meaning that we're simply confusing things?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:44 am

Post by Ankamius »

Scum are a much higher concern than non-human town, especially on day one where we have very little knowledge of the setup.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:47 am

Post by Ankamius »

When information pops up that make whether people's species is human or not relevant, then it's something to visit. Otherwise it's kind of pointless to speculate about.

The existence of a neighborizer that can only neighborize humans doesn't really fit under that umbrella since it has no direct effect on anything else.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:50 am

Post by Ankamius »

I should probably get back to catching up
Yuurei
Yuurei
Goon
Yuurei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:55 am

Post by Yuurei »

In post 1280, Ankamius wrote:I don't agree to a species massclaim

Ankamius, we need to get rid of
werewolves
. "scum" are
werewolves
here,
even if they are from the same alignment that us

it's less to do with alignment and more to do with being human or werewolf, get it? that's why depending of what the mod says, it's important to make the massclaim and see if there is werewolves aligned with the town and policy lynch them.

in other words, if there's werewolves in "the Town", alignment has way less to do with anything. For example, as absurd as it sounds, if there is a human aligned with the "faction werewolves", we may not even need to kill them. All depending of how mastina replies my question.

that's...crazy...i know. but it's how i'm interpreting things here. species is just as important as alignment.

however, now that i think about it more carefully, it's better to not claim in
day 1
, and let to massclaim "human" or "non-human" when we get rid of the werewolves aligned with the possible "faction werewolves".

Because the "faction werewolves" very probably has a night kill and will use it to kill town, but we don't know if the town aligned werewolves are some kind of vigilantes with night kill and even if they aren't, we can simply massclaim
after
getting rid of the faction of werewolves.
Yuurei
Yuurei
Goon
Yuurei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:56 am

Post by Yuurei »

in other words, back to scum hunting normally and i'll place mine here for now

VOTE: thegoldenparadox
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:58 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 1287, Yuurei wrote:it's less to do with alignment and more to do with being human or werewolf, get it? that's why depending of what the mod says, it's important to make the massclaim and see if there is werewolves aligned with the town and policy lynch them.

in other words, if there's werewolves in "the Town", alignment has way less to do with anything. For example, as absurd as it sounds, if there is a human aligned with the "faction werewolves", we may not even need to kill them. All depending of how mastina replies my question.

that's...crazy...i know. but it's how i'm interpreting things here. species is just as important as alignment.
Statements like these are why I'm scumreading you
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:00 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 0, mastina wrote:[*]
WIN CONDITION:
You win if all
Werewolves
are dead, and at least one
human
member of
the
Town
is left alive.
That's pretty clear to me
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:01 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 1271, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1268, CheekyTeeky wrote:I'm back and depressed I just lost a Lylo for town I put all my attention into D:

I'm sheeping Creature until I trust myself again, may rep out but I'll sleep on it. Anyone feel like summing up the last 20 pages in a paragraph for me?

VOTE: TGP
what were your thoughts before you went into less active mode?
Luna/TGP/HWS/AA9
Yuurei
Yuurei
Goon
Yuurei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:04 am

Post by Yuurei »

In post 1289, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1287, Yuurei wrote:it's less to do with alignment and more to do with being human or werewolf, get it? that's why depending of what the mod says, it's important to make the massclaim and see if there is werewolves aligned with the town and policy lynch them.

Statements like these are why I'm scumreading you
i know right? talking about these kind of things are dangerousssss because everyone get paranoid. but it's true and i need to make it clear.

if we need to lynch the
species werewolves
, and there's humans aligned with the werewolves faction, instead of lynching the "human scum" we should lynch the werewolves aligned with us, town, to win.

honestly, if that is really the case, this setup is simply amazingly creative.
Yuurei
Yuurei
Goon
Yuurei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:08 am

Post by Yuurei »

In post 1290, Ankamius wrote:
In post 0, mastina wrote:[*]
WIN CONDITION:
You win if all
Werewolves
are dead, and at least one
human
member of
the
Town
is left alive.
That's pretty clear to me
When Mastina say "human" it's not a faction, it's a
species

Look at how she says "
the
Town" which implies a
faction

In other words, there's the possibility of "werewolves" be talking about a species, not a faction.

i had thought about it since from the begin to be honest, but it sounded
way
too
crazy
, however, now learning that there may be non humans in the town, it makes some sense.

Anyway, we don't need to talk about this in day 1. It only becomes relevant after getting rid of the werewolf
faction
. If we don't win in that moment, we may need to find the werewolves inside town for example.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:10 am

Post by Ankamius »

That's useless speculation without flips
Yuurei
Yuurei
Goon
Yuurei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:12 am

Post by Yuurei »

yeah, and that's why it's simply a speculation (although not useless) and i'm saying it's better to just go as usual for now.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:14 am

Post by Ankamius »

If the conclusion is to ignore it until it's more relevant, then how is it not useless.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:38 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1245, RadiantCowbells wrote:and when theta flips scum, presuming we lynch them first, treat that as a guilty on Luna.

idc what your independent read on the slot is.
Walk me through this .. really slow.. please

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:39 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

their interactions are awful, I've brought it up already.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:39 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 1279, Yuurei wrote:
In post 1274, Aronis wrote:
In post 1255, Vecna wrote:Hmmm I just noticed that my role pm could be alluding that theres also potentially non-humans in the town
Is it possible that there could be something else outside of human/wolf? Like a third species?
i think the real question is what the hell are we supposed to do.

let's for the sake of theories, say that there may be a third species or something similar.

if the town win con is to kill all the werewolves, wouldn't it mean that these third species, although generally are anti-town, in this game specifically wouldn't be a enemy?

and if our win con has nothing to with them, wouldn't it mean that them don't have anything to do with us as well?

in other words, if the win con of town is to kill the werewolves, it doesn't matter if there is third species, third parties or unicorns. we only need to get rid of the werewolves. that's all we gotta do based on our win con.

Maybe, depending of how mastina replies my question, we should instantly do a massclaim of species, saying "human" or "non-human".

of course the "bad" werewolves will be claiming human, but werewolves and other species aligned with the town (and that i suppose that need to kill other werewolves and sacrifice themselves) will have nothing to fear.

the unique problem is if there's roughly the same quantity of non-humans in town that there's of humans, because the human town win con is to have at least one
human
townie remaining.

that means that even if we're from the same alignment and will share common goals (eliminating the werewolves), we're not exactly the "same". maybe they need to have one
not-human
townie remaining, although that would be a
huge
problem
setup-wise
and i don't think that it's likely.
I was thinking like a third species that's town aligned. So i.e you have 12 human town, 4 wolf scum, and 2 elf town or something. Cause the way things after worded for me is that we may have non-human town. Otherwise it doesn't seem like it would explicitly state we need a human town alive to win. I doubt it's a big deal rn, I was just thinking about it

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”