Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #496 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:26 am

Post by Nahdia »

Hey. Reading. Is there any reason the day hasn't been ended early?
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #502 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:53 am

Post by Nahdia »

well Pine is getting a 10.

Dunnstral is getting a 0.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #526 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by Nahdia »

I think trying to find some way to optimize the ranking phase is folly. Like Chara said, if we have some universal scumread and they slip by that phase, we can always lynch them. IS there even anyone whom people are in total agreement should get all 0's though? Can we talk about that? This conversation seems like a lot of futile fluff that's really easy for scum to blend in during. Scum thrive when mechanics is the focus of the game rather than scumhunting.

@Punreader when you say pun do you mean scum..?

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #531 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:58 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Alternatively, we just don't publish our lists before the ranking phase, we do so afterwards. Giving everyone a pass to lie about their reads is just shooting ourselves in the foot and randoming makes zero sense. Even if scum are able to save themselves in this phase, we'll still clean out some scummy town.

In other news, we should VOTE: End day sooner rather than later, though we can wait for some people to craft reads lists first if they really insist. I would advise against outright ranking them though and publishing who you're giving what score. I don't believe there's much to be gained from a prolonged day 1. From experience, spending a long time just chatting with no information doesn't necessarily lead to better reads. Watching the chaos that was Civilization Mafia certainly taught me that.

Realtalk, that's enough about mechanics. Let's get talking about reads. I think Pine's shit he got warned by the mod for was towny, so I'm eager to see Punreader's assessment to the contrary. Dunnstral's content is lame, particularly his response to my opener; extremely LAMIST and doesn't track considering he's barely playing the game himself. Chara looks like its townself (have I ever played against you as scum tho?) but its read on DV's opening doesn't track with me at all, and the thing it pointed out tends to be something I look for.

TBG really needs to stop talking shop and get back to scumhunting.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #532 (isolation #4) » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by Nahdia »

I hereby declare anyone after this point who makes a post purely mechanical in nature will provoke my eternal ire and I will campaign for their death forevermore.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #550 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:51 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 542, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 531, Nahdia wrote: TBG really needs to stop talking shop and get back to scumhunting.

Cool, can we start with you?
In post 532, Nahdia wrote:I hereby declare anyone after this point who makes a post purely mechanical in nature will provoke my eternal ire and I will campaign for their death forevermore.
Straight up throttling discussion on mechanics is absolutely not pro-town in nature, especially when the players involved have already established scum reads. If and when we see flips we don't want to see after today, I'll be looking at you.

I could maybe buy that you're just super interested in scumhunting over mechanics discussion if it wasn't for the end day vote and lack of any engagement with me w/r/t my reads. As it stands it just looks to me like you're attempting to powerwolf your way into silencing discussion that helps the Town.
Color me exquisitely doubtful that this discussion helps town. Straight up creating a mechanics smokescreen to let scum contribute to the tthread without ruffling feathers is not only not pro-town, it's actually very much anti-town. So stop doing it. I've scanned over what you're discussing; it's fucking stupid. No lying about reads. No randoming your slot ratings. Follow your reads, publish your list day 2, lynch people who shouldn't have survived. We're playing mafia, not taking a math test.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #555 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by Nahdia »

I read Pine's EP thing not as gimmicking his reads but as giving reaction tests, but I can follow your logic and the other stuff you've pointed out definitely tracks.

I disagree with you on PP though. I just read through them, I think their being stilted is pretty well excused by there being no votes. I think their progression towards and the way they claimed came off as town.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #557 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:00 pm

Post by Nahdia »

who what where why

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #564 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:30 am

Post by Nahdia »

Hi quick post here I expected to be able to post plenty while in recovery from surgery but now I've gone and contacted a flu virus on top of everything else so my energy level is zilch and also I feel like I'm dying a bit so I'll pop back in when I can good luck.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #608 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:11 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 594, Taly wrote:
Nahdia,
welcome!

I read through your ISO and nodded a lot; but why is
PP's
claim towny?[/size]
I think, as scum, the wouldn't have pussyfooted around claiming for so long. They woulda just done it or not. If they wanted to deliberate on whether they should or not, they'd ask their scumteam (just checked; scum are confirmed to have daytalk).

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #718 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Holy crap are punreader's posts actually important or can I just like... do some skimming?

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #724 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 611, Shoshin wrote:Nahdia, other than Dunn, who would you peg as scum?
i'm not liking TBG but honestly i know i'm a pretty reactive player so that mgiht just because he's basically called me a village idiot and im salty.

btw i did look over punreader's claim. we should give them high ratings for the simple reason that if they are town, scum will feel obligated to kill them.

i feel like scum is lurking pretty hard rn.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #739 (isolation #12) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by Nahdia »

popping in to say unless i missed something, the people using setup spec to say one of punreader and penguin power must be scum should feel bad. setup spec is bad. it always ends it suffering.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #838 (isolation #13) » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:11 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Nahdia - 10
Chara - 10
Punreader - 10
Fire Assassin - 9
PenguinPower - 8
the worst - 7
Espeonage - 6
Shoshin - 6
Taly - 5
DeasVail - 5
TehBrawlGuy - 4
Pine - 4
MariaR - 3
Dunnstral - 2
Lovebird - 1
Srceenplay - 0
Vaxkiller - 0
NicoRobin - 0

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #935 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:54 am

Post by Nahdia »

TBG fwiw i dont know EP's personal feelings on it but using stuff like google sheets that you cant embed into the forum tends to get you in trouble, since you can alter it irrevocably after posting it and during times you shouldnt be able to post.
In post 856, the worst wrote:
In post 838, Nahdia wrote: PenguinPower - 8
Taly - 5
MariaR - 3
Nahdia why PP so high and Taly/Maria so low?
pretty sure i made my PenguinPower read clear yesterday.
Taly I just had mixed feelings on since i didnt see anything super towny despite a huge mass of posts but i still wanted them around because people who post a reasonable amount help the game, town or scum.
Maria I'm just fucking incapable of reading and she was low by process of elimination because i'm mostly just townhunting here because my scumreading abilities are absolute fucking shit, as she can attest to from our last game together.

Taly's posts today have been solid though and we seem pretty much on the same page on stuff for the moment.

-Zaphkael, 2020

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”