Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:23 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

I'm going to try to catch up. I was reading along up until Tammy started talking about Micro-800A. I'm trying
my best
to cope with that loss but the commentary she gave before her replace out was disagreeable to say the least.

So yeah, that made me check out and I'm not feeling this game just like everyone else.

I think when the replacements get in we should just decide who to lynch. That always gets people engaged.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:25 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Goes without saying that the replace ins have an ear and can contribute without reading 50 pages of walls. Like I said yesterday at one point I thought more about reading the game than actually reading it because I was literally not allowed to post without reading every single post.

Fuck that just be insightful
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:24 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

So since the game is at a standstill due to replacement requests (I’ll give my thoughts post game on those) I’m going to recenter my thoughts by rereading Hito and KMD and digging into the VCs from Day 1.

That process should be done late tomorrow.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:32 am

In post 1232, Eddie Cane wrote:Your math literally proves me right that its scumsided...

10:3 and 11:4 have the same amount of mislynches... and 1 more scum lynch required. 1 more scum influencing everything. is 107:100 balanced? After all, the chances town has to fuck up and get it right remain equivalent.
Eddie you get that the difference between 13 and 15 players in a game is pretty minor, right? I mean you are approaching this like there is a fundamental strong difference when really the difference is mostly the established site labels of Mini and Large which really are arbitrary.

You want to argue there should be a big difference between games with 13 and 20 players you have my attention. But trying to say 11:4 is completely out of the question without the full setup is poor play at best.

In fact if you are Town I’d expect you to want to default to considering 11:4 to minimize the chances Town gets caught with a “Surprise LYLO” situation. That you are so dead set against it causes my concern.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:29 pm

Post by Kison »

Alright, so. I really don't have time to spend hours wading through 50 pages, so I am just going to spit out whatever comes to mind on everyone in the game in hopes of getting things moving.

I'm willing to leave the Old Man / Lycanfire thing alone for at least one day. Not at all okay with just writing the slots off as town.

Rofl, Magna, & Tammy I feel reasonably okay with right now. I liked Ginngie's slot when it was PJ & it was one I had actually read through pretty thoroughly.

Pine & Eddie Cane are in the "meh" category, but I can't point out anything off the top of my head that screams scum.

This leaves Insanity, Firebringer & CooLDoG & Axelrod. I honestly kind of regretted switching to Axel yesterday. I was out & about on the day of the deadline, and only able to skim, but saw his last ditch effort to avoid being lynched. While not impossible for scum to do, I think in his shoes I would have been way more likely to just have given up. Read more as genuinely pissed at being mislynched. Okay with him living another day.

So the three I am eying at this particular moment:

Insanity: I don't really see the huge difference in the other game that Tammy was talking about. The replace out doesn't say much to me one way or another. Was on the KMD train. Would be okay with lynching.
Firebringer: I see basically nothing town about he's played & slot has been completely useless all game. Hammer on Firebringer, no mention of him prior.
CooLDog: Honestly I feel pretty similar about this slot, but at least he had some level of decent activity for a while. His KMD vote looked sort of forced.

VOTE: insanity018

Could move. Next thing I intend to do is look at everyone on the KMD wagon to see if anything slimy sticks out.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:39 pm

Post by Korts »

Tammy will be replaced too. CooLDoG has not picked up his second prod, and will also be replaced.

Goddammit people.
scumchat never die
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:20 am

Post by Axelrod »

It's like, really hard to get motivated in the midst of all these replacements. At the same time, I feel like that's a cop out. But what can I say, I'm not motivated. How many people are we waiting to get replaced and caught up? Four? That seems like a tall order.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:33 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

prodge
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:19 pm

Post by roflcopter »

i'm really not trying to be a dick to anyone this is just how i play
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:06 am

Post by Ginngie »

I don’t try to be a dick, I just am

Sometimes our very nature is to be a dick
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:39 am

Post by Pine »

Sigh

Back to treading water
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:22 pm

UNVOTE: insanity – part of my reset.

So I ran through Hito’s ISO. The pool of people who were consistently in his pool of scum are in rough tiers of

Lycan / Pine
Eddie / Insanity

By the end of the day he had Gingie as his top Town slot, thought Axel and Tammy were more likely Town but had reasons to suspect them somewhat on a Town KMD flip (Axel for general weak play that could no longer be blamed on lack of flips, Tammy for diverting from Lycan to KMD at the deadline).

So regardless of how much you think NK analysis is bunk I’m willing to put stock that probably at least 2 of the following were scum in his reads and that accuracy was a contributing factor (along with him being active and reasonable and very Town) to his death –

Lycan – Pine – Eddie - Insanity – Tammy – Axel

Now further I think that odds are pretty strong that Lycan and Axel are both the same alignment (Town or scum, if there is a third party floating around here then that muddies the waters but so far no direct signs). I say this because of how the wagons from Korts to looked. For about a week Lycan and Axel set pretty much in direct competition with little movement. Yet when Tammy started the KMD Town flashwagon it grew legs and exploded.

It doesn’t make any sense for Lycan and Axel to be a Scum / Town pairing (or even a Scum / 3rd Party pairing thinking as I type this) for one of them as scum to have sat for basically a week with a viable not-partner wagon in close proximity and for their scum partners to just kinda sit on their hands not trying to get the not-partner pushed to at least claiming. Now both Town? Scum don’t care which hangs and really don’t even care too much when Town KMD gets deadline flash-wagonned (although I’d think they would not necessarily cluster onto it as they could use it to make hay in further days mislynch pushes). Both Scum? They both were off each other for so long I don’t think there was any expectation that cross bussing would get any credit and the KMD wagon was a gift horse. In that case think partners are more motivated to join that mislynch wagon to make sure deadline doesn’t scum’s way.

I said yesterday I didn’t feel that Lycan’s slow wagon felt like it was on scum. Still to some degree feel that way. Which means I by default think that Axel is leaning Town even though he’s doing exactly what Hito warned against – weakly suggesting things but not having any more conviction than yesterday.

Related I think OldMan is diametrically opposed to Lycan alignment wise – a scum Lycan flip means I don’t worry about his alignment until we get much closer to a LYLO situation which I expect neither of us will be living for. If he is still alive with a Lycan flip near expected LYLO regardless of whatever narrative is floated everyone absolutely has to go back and fully assess whether the Lycan play was a bus. Based on who OldMan probably is that’s hardly a stretch but not worth worrying about short-term.

Tammy’s slot is now in my Null reads. I really haven’t liked her play since the start of today. I read her discussion about being busy and prioritizing real life but I can’t help feeling that her replace out frustration had as much to do with the difficulty in keeping up appearances as scum as opposed to not liking the suspicion. To some degree I feel that she wasn’t as much wanting to work with me to sort reads as move me off reads (Axel / Fire / Insanity) that I had and it feels bad. I’m not sloting he as scum yet but I can’t ignore the little warning signal in my gut and continue to slot her as Town.

Cooldog I would at this point policy given that he pretty much stopped playing the game mid / late Day 1 and unlike OldMan / Lycan he will likely never be sorted by the Nightgame.

I want to go back and re-read the start of today looking at everyone who tried to make sure no-one looked to hard into Hito’s reads with the NK WIFOM blanket stance and cross reference those players with Hito’s suspect pool.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:24 pm

Also if you are Town and in this game and doing jack crap you suck.

Unmotivated ... boring ... blah blah blah ... scum is damn happy to just sit around doing nothing and blend in.

If you are Town stop being a whiny baby and act like it. Play the damn game.

Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:25 am

Post by Axelrod »

It's hard to play a game when literally 1/3 of the people are missing from it. That's not being whiny, that's just reality.

I had two questions for you though, so I guess I'll go ahead and ask them.

(1) How often would you say you delegate/sheep your vote to someone who you think is town without having a particularly strong opinion on the person you are voting? Firebringer (who I take it you did not have tremendious respect for his ability to read you) seemed to think this was some kind of tell, and at the very least it looked like you guys have played a lot of games together. Is this something you do a lot? Got any quick examples?

(2) Re: KMD, when you went back to voting him at the end of the day, I'm curious about your reaction to his claim, which appeared to be esentially no reaction. What were you thinking at that point? I know I felt like he was probably more likely Town than scum at that point - not that I was sure, or that there was anything to be done about it - but you didn't say anything.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:39 am

Post by Korts »

FYI, no leads on replacements so far. If any of you have suggestions on who might be willing to step in, that would be appreciated. Otherwise, the Firebringer and insanity018 slots will be modkilled on Monday, and Tammy and CooLDoG on Wednesday, per Rule (12b).
scumchat never die
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:23 am

Post by Kison »

I'll spend some time on this game tonight, looking at the KMD wagon next. I was going to say we just lynch one of the flaking slots at this point, but it looks like that will resolve itself.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:31 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1261, MagnaofIllusion wrote:along with him being active and reasonable and very Town
and along with him being the best or second best player in this game yes
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:14 am

Post by Ginngie »

I’m coming home tonight

I’ll see what i can do
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:15 am

Post by Pine »

In post 1264, Korts wrote:
FYI, no leads on replacements so far. If any of you have suggestions on who might be willing to step in, that would be appreciated. Otherwise, the Firebringer and insanity018 slots will be modkilled on Monday, and Tammy and CooLDoG on Wednesday, per Rule (12b).
Daaaamn. Modkills for flakes.

I'd kinda be okay with those slots being modkilled. Tammy's the only one I don't suspect of being scum.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:33 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

mm I'm just happy cause the game will be essentially sped up 2 phases
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:50 am

In reply to Axel –

Regarding it being “hard to play” when we have 4 replacements – this is factually correct and absolutely not an excuse for Town players to not be putting in effort. You have a whole Days posts to analyze and two flips with which to parse players. Just because there are empty slots who you can’t directly interact with doesn’t mean you can’t see what the previous inhabitants posted before for digestion. Frankly it is a cop-out response and why despite my head saying you logically are more likely Town my gut screams coasting scum. And as to the questions –

1. Are you not reading the thread? This information has already been provided in the game by myself and Tammy. To re-iterate – I rarely delegate my reads because there are rarely players in the games I play who I would trust to sheep before even considering whether I Town read them. “The Thaw” (Mini Normal modded by Nexus) is a recent example cited by Tammy – I sheeped Grey on a read early on while trying to get sorted with him. I’ve also cited the Nearly Vanilla game where I worked hand in hand with Tammy (part of a Tammy / Nacho hydra) to vet reads. As to my thoughts on Firebringer now that he flaked out – I have zero respect for his ability to read me as my evidence presented showed.

2. KMD’s claim required no response. He claimed VT. I don’t care how Town you think that is you don’t let a VT claim who played suspect enough to get to L-1 or whatever to claim live. That’s Mafia 101. Proper play Day 1 in that situation is hammer that slot 100 out of 100 times. It prevents scum from claiming VT under the WIFOM that “Only Town claims VT” (which is a bad stance, seen scum claim it before and have done so myself). It also prevents the possibility another Town who isn’t a VT gets run up to claim. Frankly he never should have claimed at all which is the proper play for a VT in his situation Day1.

Now … some questions for you.

1. Why should I not see these questions as scum perspective filler? You are either asking for information already stated in thread or asking pointless theory questions. What sort of response to these do you think would possibly “help” you find scum?

2. Why are you softly piddling around talking about the KMD wagon when you don’t know Lycan’s alignment and seem to be leaning that it is scum? Why do you think it is reasonable for scum to flash wagon KMD if you think Lycan is scum when you were widely scum-read and could have been lynched and have already stated you would be a “better mislynch” for scum?

3. What do you think about my reasoning about you and Lycan sharing the same alignment? What is your read on insanity and what do you think of the wagon that developed on that slot?

4. What do you think of the discrepancy between Firebringer's claimed ability to read me and the evidence I presented and what do you think that Fire refused to engage on that point when I refuted it?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:16 pm

In post 1269, Eddie Cane wrote:mm I'm just happy cause the game will be essentially sped up 2 phases
So out of interested Eddie my man what are your reads on those four slots?

Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:42 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

fires prob town, Tammy's out of her scum range, cooldog needed to be policied before lylo anyways so that ones a bonus and scummish, insanity scummish

I'm probably gonna reread if they end up getting killed cause town or xcum thats a LOT of info but I have nothing to say til then
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:42 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

wbu?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:49 am

Post by Korts »

Momrangal replaces Firebringer.
scumchat never die

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”