hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:50 am

Post by hebichan »

In post 571, Ruby Red wrote:
In post 560, hebichan wrote:I think Ruby's might actually be the easiest to get a mislynch off of since she directly stated shed listen to her party.
is this something you actually believe
Er, yes?

I mean, I think you're town. But the fact is the more I look at it, the more voting by committee might be a weaker play. Scum can just back a supporter and pocket them in the PT pretty easy.
Ruby Red
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:51 am

Post by Ruby Red »

:thonking:
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:53 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 549, Invisibility wrote:
In post 547, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 533, Myloninja13 wrote:Oh lol. My ability only works once per day :(
Wait.

What?

Which ability?
This seems like a
misplaced statement intended for a PT.

Explain yourself!
His ability to rename districts
This has already been explained
Nevermind. I forgot it then somehow skipped that post in their ISO.
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:53 am

Post by hebichan »

I mean look a nicorobin, shes pretty much just coasting in our party right now.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:53 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 555, Blind Bandits wrote:aronis ur the second to last link on the 7th page
There's a reason I'm not running for president OKAY? I realize I'm not popular :cry:
Ruby Red
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Ruby Red
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:56 am

Post by Ruby Red »

In post 575, hebichan wrote:I mean, I think you're town. But the fact is the more I look at it, the more
voting by committee
might be a weaker play. Scum can just back a supporter and pocket them in the PT pretty easy.
In post 578, hebichan wrote:I mean look a nicorobin, shes pretty much just coasting in our party right now.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:56 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 557, skitter30 wrote:Going to spoil this:

Spoiler: pages 1-3
Page 1

Ruby Red - I know who she is and I'm pretty sure this isn't her scum meta? I almost always misread her but I'm pretty sure she doesn't start the game like this as scum.

Page2

Fighting Dreamers - reading the RANDOM CAPITALIZATION is a pain, but I like the party tenets. From her opening, I think that ruby is more likely than not town but I don't see her defining an actionable way of achieving her campaign promise of 'day1 scum lynch', whereas Dreamers are explaining how they want to run the party and use it to find scum.

Mutant - feels kinda LAMIST imo. Like you're inherently in a conflict over who gets to become president, and you're appealing to her to work with you 'for the benefit of town'- how does one do that in this context? It feels like a nice thing to say but I'm not really sure what you were expecting from her in response there.

Page3
Mutant - - Actually I take that back, that's a lot more nuanced than the previous post. Do you really think that people would try to lynch political opponents over scum though? I think that most people are probably cognizant of the fact that the goal of the game is to lynch scum and not opposing candidates. Or at least, I wouldn't vote someone to be president if they were planning on murdering their political opponents just because they oppose them, as that doesn't help win the game. I think that people probably wouldn't run on that platform because it wouldn't get them elected.

Fighting dreamers - - wait, why is invisibility townreading you a good reason to join your party? Do they have a good track record of reading you?

Mutant - - I like the nonchalance of shrugging off the scumread

NK15 - - I think that theoretically I like this idea. I think that implementing it practically is difficult, as people presumably joined the game in order to enjoy the gerrymandering/voting mechanics, and wouldn't want to use them to turn the game into a proxy for a regular mafia game. Also I think that town is a lot more likely to lol-deviate from the stated plan than scum because scum would be hyper-cognizant of doing something that makes them look sketchy when the 'sketchy' things are delineated so clearly, and town would just do whatever they want (and sometimes do it just to spite the rules).

Spoiler: pages 4-5
Page 4
NK15 - - I think this plan (and this post) comes from town though? I don't think that scum demands that everyone follows the rules that he laid like this; it's too confrontational imo given that I don't think most people would be interested in going along with it. Like he's just laying down what he expects to happen when it probably just won't so it exhibits a certain cluelessness of the gamestate that I feel like scumpartners would probably try to correct (or point out to him before he embarked on this plan)

mutant - - lol that's like what I was thinking basically wrt to the restriction thing and the limitations of this plan. I don't know if mafia effectively always have a double vote - election results by district are posted and we ought to be able to piece together pools of players who committed voter fraud across multiple elections, which would enable us to try to figure out who tried to unduly influence the election. Also agree wrt discussion pre-hammer

Ruby - how are you proposing finding the scum you want to lynch day1? Like, who are they? What happens if you don't find them? I'm not sure

mutant - kinda townread this too. And and and honestly just like most of his posts from that page.

ausuksa - - not sure if it's such a great idea to let one person decide the lynch; by placing my trust in the president like that, I'm trusting them to a) be town and b) have good reads c) have reads that align with my own. I'm liking the parties that support having discussion-based lynches.

Page5
hebichain - - I feel like district distribution is inherently WIFOM-y and that we ought not read too much into it. I also feel like scum are more likely to emphasize such things because they are intimately familiar with that part of the (complex) ruleset. and wrt - like your whole analysis is based on what scum 'probably' does, but honestly that's just guesswork and there's no way of knowing that's what scum *actually* did. I'm not going to read too much into district distribution, and especially not day1, when there's only one datapoint.

invisibility - - Not sure why they'd deliberately create districts they think are unwinnable.

People I've played with (Eh, this is irrelevant for now since I wasn't here n0 but I guess I'll put it in for later days)
1. fighting dreamers - played with the duck a few times <3 , never with the anime person
3. firebringer - once
4. iconeum - played with twice I think
8. mylo - once
13. ruby red - a few times
15. nk15 - once, but they repped out early day1 iirc
18. whemestar - once

Spoiler: pages 6-9
Page6-8

duckling - I really don't think that proposal NK15's comes from scum tbh. Like I get why you think it's LAMIST but I don't think that proposal gets past partners because it's so out of tune with the gamestate.

mylo - I'm kinda soulreading mylo as town. He's feels kinda different from splattoon and less uncertain and self-conscious and more ... care-free is a good word.

I'm just going to ignore the third party claims from wheme/firebringer for now; from what I've seen in the past they both seem the type to lolclaim that

invisibility - - you do realize you wrote , right? Actually Ircher/numbers dude follows up on that and asks why he's getting scumpings from that post but didn't bother to check the post in question apparently because he doesn't point that out? That kinda feels to me like he's asking questions to look busy without actually caring about what they're about.

Page 9

tazaro - - not loving this attitude towards picking a candidate. it's kinda low-effort and an inane reason to support someone. I would kinda treat this post as a meme except you actually went through with that on that reasoning. Not really sure why the duck likes this.

rubyred - - the reaction to being scumread feels kinda aggressive to me.

aronis - I'd like to hear more about your plan to 'operate this nation more efficiently'

ausuka - - I kinda want the president ot have a higher level of accountability; I wouldn't really be satisfied with someone who passes the bar of 'not being a VI and probably won't use it to herovig'. Like I would *not* be OK with mylo as prez even if I think that they're more likely than not town. Also why are you scumreading mylo? I kinda don't think that the posts on this page from him come from scum!him given splatoon

OK I got up to page 9; I'll continue this probably tomorrow night.

townlean: mylo, mutant, nk15, ruby red in roughly that order
scumlean: hebichan, 123, tazaro
Not sure: duckling hydra; need to interact with the duckling probably. Like I like the party itself and the tenets they proposed but I'm not sure if I actually townread the slot.

Everyone else I don't feel like I have good feel for yet
In post 541, Aronis wrote:
In post 538, skitter30 wrote:Hi!

I finished finals so I have time to play this now! I shall get around to reading this soon. Also I'm semi v/la this weekend specifically because I'm graduating, but I should have lots more time come Monday!
Congratulations on graduating.

What political party are you gonna join?
tyty and ausuka too!

wrt parties, thoughts as of where I'm up to:
mutant - I probably townread him the most of the candidates but I don't think that his party is particularly tenable; I don't think that he is going to be president, and I'd rather support someone I townread + I think can become president

nk15 - I townread but I disagree with the tenets of the party and like he's never becoming president on that campaign

anime hydra - I don't know if I particularly townread them but I like the tenets of their party, and like their strategies for sorting people and looking for scum, and like that they want input from others when making their decision.

rubyred - I think her opener + aggressive campaigning probably doesn't come from scum her but like ... she's running on a slogan basically. I'm not sure how she's going to fulfill her promise, or what happens if she fails to do so.

wheme's - A party who's fundemental tenet is shitposting is just meh and like I think we can do better.

or tldr: probably fighting dreamers, maybe ruby.
I'd release my plan to be efficient, but I think the ship sailed on me being president. I might try again tomorrow
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:57 am

Post by hebichan »

If I were scum wanting to pocket you, I wouldn't be doing it in main thread by describing people pocketing you.
Blind Bandits
Blind Bandits
Goon
Blind Bandits
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:58 am

Post by Blind Bandits »

In post 578, hebichan wrote:I mean look a nicorobin, shes pretty much just coasting in our party right now.
nicorobin is a easy mislynch target tho can confirm
purrcferatu
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:59 am

Post by hebichan »

Yeah, that's fair. I'm just trying to get more content from her.

It makes me uncomfy when people join a neighborhood then don't post.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:04 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 560, hebichan wrote:tbh im lowkey scumreading some people in my party.

Watching the people fill in to the groups, I think Ruby's might actually be the easiest to get a mislynch off of since she directly stated shed listen to her party.
Do you townread me?
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:41 am

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 579, Aronis wrote:
In post 555, Blind Bandits wrote:aronis ur the second to last link on the 7th page
There's a reason I'm not running for president OKAY? I realize I'm not popular :cry:
Aronis join our legendary party!
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:42 am

Post by WhemeStar »

We need your great mind!
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:42 am

Post by WhemeStar »

I welcome Anyone to disband their party and merge with mine. We will kill obv scum fighting dreamers
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:43 am

Post by WhemeStar »

People who join their party please give me reasons as you are misguided. Come to my party and I will guide you to victory
Im a dog that quacks
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:53 am

Post by Wraith »

We are all behind our wise leader WhemeStar
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:17 pm

Post by NicoRobin »

I am a believer
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:45 pm

Post by Invisibility »

My mommy told me cults are bad thought
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:46 pm

Post by Invisibility »

She said it exactly like that
She was kinda weird
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:21 pm

Post by Tazaro »

In post 589, WhemeStar wrote:People who join their party please give me reasons as you are misguided. Come to my party and I will guide you to victory
So do you think the "they" of "their party" are scum or not as good at discerning who to lynch as you are ??????????
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:50 pm

Post by Tazaro »

In post 590, Wraith wrote:We are all behind our wise leader WhemeStar
i know the wise is not literally meant, so if you vote for him and he decides the misl/lynch situation ... how is that good?
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:08 pm

Post by Wraith »

/And WhemeStar, our Leader/
/With faith in the people/
/Inspired us to build up the land that we love/
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Numbers
Numbers
Numbers

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by 123456789 »

In post 589, WhemeStar wrote:People who join their party please give me reasons as you are misguided. Come to my party and I will guide you to victory
Stop asking; I’ve answered this twice!
"You learn mathematics by doing mathematics."
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 597, 123456789 wrote:
Stop asking; I’ve answered this twice!
Other people
Im a dog that quacks
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:07 am

Post by jjh927 »

Official buffer post
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”