These are the party allegiances at the time of writing:

Party NameParty LeaderOther Members
SNK☆TUFATMLIOSPFIGHTING DREAMERS123456789; Tazaro; Invisibility; Edosurist
Lynch Scum Day One PartyRuby RedAusuka; Blind Bandits; NicoRobin; hebichan
mutante Partymutantdevle
Better Voting PartyNot Known 15
Shit Posting PartyWhemestarMyloninja13; Wraith; Firebringer
Unaligned-----Iconeum; skitter30; Aronis

Also a helpful <24 hours reminder that the campaigning phase ends in (expired on 2018-06-17 17:30:00) and if you wish to postal vote you must do so before then. Vote early, vote often!
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:18 am

Post by mutantdevle »

@Iconeum, skitter30 and Arons
, I suggest that if none of you are planning on joining any other party then you should all make your own.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:18 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Integrate the letter 'i' where appropriate in my above post.
I mostly just lurk now.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:49 am

Post by Invisibility »

like a lonely party or all three together?
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Numbers
Numbers
Numbers

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:04 am

Post by 123456789 »

(Catching up....)
"You learn mathematics by doing mathematics."
Numbers
Numbers
Numbers

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:12 am

Post by 123456789 »

1. In :
Fighting Dreamers through proxy of jjh927 wrote:I am pleased to announce unreservedly that FIGHTING DREAMERS, the wondrous union of THE WORST and SASKEISMYYAOIKISMESIS is aligned with the TOWN!!!!

d=(´▽`)=b
:thinking:

2. In :
Mutantdevle wrote:I, mutantdevle, am aligned with the town.

@theworst you use your crier ability by messaging the mod and making it clear what you want to crier. Personally, I format mine "I'd like to use my crier ability:" in bold then have my message in an area tag.

Also, shame on anyone who doesn't want to say who they've played with before :igmeou:.
:thinking:

3. In :
Wraith wrote:As usual the government is trying to have an inconvenient agitator killed. I bet spies are reading my PMs right now.
I'm not sure exactly what you are meaning by "inconvenient agitator".

4. In :
Aronis wrote:I feel like if you have to have the mod announce you're town, you're probably not town. If you were really town it'd be obvious from your behavior
No. Ausuka brought up the potential for there to be a lie detector ability on the messages.

5. In :
Aronis wrote:I feel like if you can't understand that post, you're scum. If you were town it'd be obvious what I'm saying because then we'd both be town and thinking alike. But since you don't get it, we can't both be the same alignment and since I'm town, you must not be.
*sigh*

6. In :
Ausuka wrote:No I just feel like either you're scum or you have absolutely no clue what we're doing with the mod announcements. They are for lie detectors. Why do you think that if two players don't understand each other they have to be TvS?
(It is probably the latter; while the possibility exists, it is hard to tell if this is because Aronis is scum.)

7. In :
Aronis wrote:In this instance it's TvS and you're scum. I'm not saying it's always like that.

And ffs lie detectors are in like 1/50 games. Stop acting like thats a plausible reason for those dumb posts.
Maybe you are really scum. Please elaborate on your claim that this is a TvS. As to the lie detector, sure, they are rare, but Ausuka gave a valid reasoning for one to exist, and it is not as far fetched as it may seem. Don't be close-minded.
Numbers
Numbers
Numbers

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:29 am

Post by 123456789 »

1. In :
Skitter30 wrote:Actually Ircher/numbers dude follows up on that and asks why he's getting scumpings from that post but didn't bother to check the post in question apparently because he doesn't point that out? That kinda feels to me like he's asking questions to look busy without actually caring about what they're about.
Is this really the only reason why you have me at a scumlean or was there something else in those first 9 pages?

2. In :
WhemeStar wrote:I welcome Anyone to disband their party and merge with mine. We will kill obv scum fighting dreamers
They are not "obvscum" so stop.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:52 am

Post by Wraith »

I'm not sure exactly what you are meaning by "inconvenient agitator".
Oh man, I've got to keep this up. This is beautiful.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:12 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 603, Invisibility wrote:like a lonely party or all three together?
3 individual solo parties.
I mostly just lurk now.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:31 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 608, mutantdevle wrote:
why
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:48 am

Post by Tazaro »

presidential mafiascum time coming soon near you
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:26 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 609, Invisibility wrote:
In post 608, mutantdevle wrote:
why
In post 556, mutantdevle wrote:2 benefits I can list off the top of my head is that you get a PT to document your thoughts and if any PRs decide to out information using the crier ability then the more party leaders we have the harder it will be for scum to work out who sent it.
I mostly just lurk now.
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:52 pm

Post by WhemeStar »

Join my party
Im a dog that quacks
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:00 pm

Post by skitter30 »

OK thoughts on things from where I left off through where I repped in:

Spoiler:
-> taz, - I don't understand why you want to disqualify him. Unless you're just like anti-nomming him? Like I agree with you he ought not be president but like ... I don't think that's happening anyways. Also I'm a little bit suspicious of people pushing NK15 because, yes, on the surface his party seems kinda out-there and incongruent to actual game mechanics, but like, I don't think that comes from scum here really. It reads more like town being clueless than scum trying to push an agenda because like that agenda is like literally never happening.

-> wrt wheme claiming mason, I'm going to assume that's fake given that he already claimed 3rd party. I don't really have a read on his alignment but I don't think he should be president like ever here, even if he's town

-> wrt ircher, - @duckling hydra: how well can the two of you read 123? @123: if one half of the hydra majorly fooled you in that open, I'm a little confused on why you're trusting in your ability to read them? Point 5 from this post is kinda pinging me

-> wraith, : :igmeou:

-> taz, - I think you're conflating being anti-town with being scum. Like I'm not sure why you're going after wheme just because you don't think he'll make smart decisions; I really don't think he becomes president here like ever unless the whole game collectively derps, or unless there's some major voting fraud happening. Like I feel like you're fixating on his elgibility to be a candidate when he almost for sure won't be in this gamestate. I'm not sure why you're focusing on that over a) deciding who you *do* want to be candidate and/or promoting them or b) finding scum.

Also this post kinda throws shade on an entire district as a whole (the largest one at that) without actually calling any of them in particular scum since you seem to be a cool with a lynch on like any of them.

I legit have no idea what taz is going on about ~page 13

@taz: can you clarify why you like fighting dreamers best?

-> @wraith and firebringer: what are your thoughts wrt fighting dreamers hydra?

-> ruby, wrt - I kinda dislike that you're running on a platform of 'lynching scum day one' when you're kinda evading the question of who'd you kill when asked.

-> taz are you just proposing a general policy lynch on like the entire Theme Park district?

-> fighting dreamers, - I mean, she also lolfaked a guilty day2 as town and was wrong

-> I'm pretty sure that lol-changing-district-name thing doesn't come from scum!mylo

-> not really sure why people are resistant to answering mutant's question wrt who they played with before

-> taz are you like just trying to reach an arbitrary post count each day or something?

-> not sure how I feel about wheme telling mylo to fake-claim mason with him in the party PT

-> I think that district placement is inherently WIFOM-y and that any analysis is going to be based on assumptions that we don't know are true so I'm just not going to read too much into it

-> ausuka, - I really, really, really don't think mylo is scum here. He just feels super different to splatoon to me. He's active lurking, yes, but he's *present* and lolposting and is much more carefree than in splatoon. We couldn't get him to post like *anything* there. I just can't imagine splatoon!mylo popping in to lolchange the name of his district.

-> ausuka, - I'm not really sure why you think the crier mechanic has anything to do with a lie detector?

- mutant on page 21 - I think he's probably town? don't really think he gets that pissed at fire as scum, since scum!him ultimately has no reason to actually *care* about the setup-spec thing he's doing.

OK, after I repped in:

hebichan, - ok, who specifically do you think might be trying to do that?
In post 562, Invisibility wrote:Skitter I was talking about the player 123456789
Whoops, I very badly misread that convo lol

ruby, - I guess my point is that you're promising to lynch scum but I don't really know who you think is scum atm; I didn't really like that you didn't answer aronis when he asked you who would hammer given that you're literally running on that. Like I want to support someone I think is likely to win the presidency + town + competent + has reads that semi-align with my own (or failing that, isn't going to kill someone I majorly townread) and while I think you're competant in a general sense, I don't know specifically what you want to do here.
In post 606, 123456789 wrote:Is this really the only reason why you have me at a scumlean or was there something else in those first 9 pages?
It was just that from those 9 pages; it looked to me like invisibility was referencing a post (that he had written) that you didn't go back and check so it looked like you were just asking inane questions that you didn't actually care about. I didn't put together that he meant you cuz I've been thinking of you as 'ircher' or 'numbers dude' in my head.

Can you talk a bit more about your FD read? I was kinda following 724 and weren't you townreading SIMYK there?

--

after rereading the mechanics post I don't really think joining a party if you aren't a candidate actually means anything beyond being in a PT tbh, especially since joining a party doesn't mean that you pledge your vote to that candidate or anything. Like publicly declaring to join a party doesn't actually mean anything since you can still vote for whoever you want in the actual election. I think a lot of this is basically a distraction from the actual point of the game, which is to find scum; this mechanic kinda enables people to forget that by encouraging them to focus on the campaigning thing.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:01 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Duckling, ruby, mutant, any of you guys on now?
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:23 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

I am if that helps!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:31 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I think I have a pretty good handle on my read of you; I'm pretty sure you're town, basing it off of splatoon. Like even this last post I just can't imagine you making as scum given that you basically lurked your way through splatoon and only posted a bit when heavily prodded by other players and the mod. You just feel a lot more *present* here than there and it just feels totally different. Like I just dont' see splatoon!you lol-changing the name of the district like that.

I want to talk to those three because I'm trying to decide whose party I should support. I townread mutant the most but I don't think he wins president here like ever; not sure if I should take his advice to start my own party.

I kinda townread ruby's opening because I'm pretty sure she doesn't start the game like that as scum but I'm a bit concerned that she hasn't been around that much since then, and that I don't really have a good feel for who her scumreads are; given that she's running on 'lynch scum day 1' I'm not sure that's a good sign. And like I literally never read her right.

I'm tending towards the duckling hydra since I like their party tenants and I think they're competant and I like that they'll take input from everyone. I don't have such a good read on them now, but I think I can get a feel for the duckling somewhat if I interact with him, which is why I wanted to know if he's online.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:38 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

If you had to pick a party that wasn't mine, I'd suggest Ruby's.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:44 pm

Post by skitter30 »

OK, why ruby?
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:47 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

I find them the most town of the three, and I also think they are actually the most likely to hit scum day one.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:57 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 617, Myloninja13 wrote:If you had to pick a party that wasn't mine, I'd suggest Ruby's.
Please don't forget that you can vote for anyone. Not just announced candidates. And...
there are not just three parties either.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:10 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

Actually, yeah technically I could be president without even campaigning! And true, I'm surprised no one has joined your party. Honestly, if I wasn't in my current party I'd definitely be deciding between yours and Ruby's.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:11 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

Wait, we've only got ~8 hours!
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:17 pm

Post by Ausuka »

Oh uh Mylo might be town actually.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:18 pm

Post by Ausuka »

There are a lot of unreadable players in this game. I townread most of the players I have solid reads on so I'm guessing there's scum in them.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”