Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:12 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 474, wavemode wrote:
In post 472, Mathdino wrote:if you can show me that your scumread accuracy is significant enough to trust your tells (or that you can read specific players well) i'll defer to you
not what i asked. townreads tend to be correct. there's a lot of town and few scum

what i asked is why you don't believe it possible for you to be wrong. because of meta? what is so different here from uglyduck's typical scum game, in your opinion?
i always believe it's possible for me to be wrong, but i'm not going to play the game banking on myself being wrong
like sure i could name a random person in the game and townread them and probably be right
the point is that i've grown to trust my
strong
townreads

i've been hilariously wrong on who to lynch but i haven't been wrong hard-defending someone from being lynched

so if you're psychoanalysing me, it's just that i think it's reasonable for me to trust myself on this one
(again, note that i don't trust myself on scioness, because i have evidence suggesting i shouldn't)

now if you're asking about uglyduck in particular
there's a certain... cadence to his scumplay
he gets combative, he acts like he has something to prove and like he wants to appear like he's present and doing things

but there's no proactivity, there's no real "giving a shit" about the game

he reads this game very strongly like he cares what happens, and that's in line with his towngames from what i've read
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:32 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 460, UnrealSeal wrote:
In post 454, UglyDuck wrote: I mean, if it came to AA9 or me, then yeah I will pick AA9.

I look skummy because I am me and I have looked skummy in every game I have ever played. So a wagon starts. Then skum makes a counter wagon on a lurker, which the tards will eat up. One of us is lynched. Tomorrow there will be some random case on another person, then the next it will switched back to the alive member.

Also, you are town so can we stop arguing please?
this post is so awful lol. overly self-preservative, defending yourself with meta, and trying to stifle discussion by calling the other guy town.

new theory: both uglyduck and AA9 are scum
I am not stifling. Other maybe by not answering questions. And what.... you are trying to tell me that you would lynch your top town read instead of yourself when you are Town?
Not saying AA9 is my TTR just usinghe wording asa point
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:33 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 476, UglyDuck wrote:
In post 460, UnrealSeal wrote:
In post 454, UglyDuck wrote: I mean, if it came to AA9 or me, then yeah I will pick AA9.

I look skummy because I am me and I have looked skummy in every game I have ever played. So a wagon starts. Then skum makes a counter wagon on a lurker, which the tards will eat up. One of us is lynched. Tomorrow there will be some random case on another person, then the next it will switched back to the alive member.

this post is so awful lol. overly self-preservative, defending yourself with meta, and trying to stifle discussion by calling the other guy town.

new theory: both uglyduck and AA9 are scum
I am not stifling. Other maybe by not answering questions. And what.... you are trying to tell me that you would lynch your top town read instead of yourself when you are Town?
Not saying AA9 is my TTR just usinghe wording asa point
Aw crap was that me trying to prove something or give a shit?
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:37 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 459, BuJaber wrote:If me answering the question "where are you reading worry here?" Is not answering the question then I don't know what the question was.

I think the main point of disagreement is that you don't think I would ask anyone if they would hammer and that I asked you specifically because I think you're scum. But I am clarifying to you that the fact that I am on your wagon is a coincidence. I asked you because you are on neither wagon but you made a choice to vote for mutant unlike the 3 people who hadn't placed a vote. I asked you because I've seen townies hammer in your position, so I wouldn't be able to build a case on you day 2 based solely on the hammer. I was less worried about anyone else hammering because they would look super scummy doing it. Main issue is Arc had a completely nonsensical post about me and I responded to it and I would like to hear what they have to say before lynching them. Thus I didn't want to place her on L-1 without guaging your reaction first.

It's a moot point now considering catgirl switched wagons.
Kay that’s all cool. But where were you reading worry?
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:43 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 458, Awoo wrote:
OK that was pretty bad
How so?
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:44 pm

Post by wavemode »

In post 475, Mathdino wrote:now if you're asking about uglyduck in particular
there's a certain... cadence to his scumplay
he gets combative, he acts like he has something to prove and like he wants to appear like he's present and doing things
if you think uglyduck hasn't been doing those things this game then i suppose we'll have to agree to disagree. strongly.

but regardless of that, your words were, "but they are my strongest townreads and i would be fairly upset if you lynched them anyway"

we're not running close to deadline and this isn't just a "welp fuck it" lynch. we genuinely believe uglyduck is scum. it shouldn't be upsetting to you for us to lynch someone who, realistically, if kept alive, will have a wagon on them every game day, since such a large number of players scumread them. it should be worthwhile to lynch them to help us sort the game and get rid of them before lylo. so why do you consider uglyduck to be so valuable? do you actually consider it to be a bad lynch from a strategic perspective? and if so why?
retired...?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:23 pm

Post by Mathdino »

go meta uglyduck
that describes his general playstyle but applies moreso to his scumgame
try to get a feel for the difference

do the work please if you want to get a more accurate read here

and beside that:

why should i ever be okay with lynching someone i strongly think is town
he's not some anti-town fuck, there's nothing policy lynchable about him and he's producing more content than half the playerlist
the only reason i would ever lynch a strong townread here is to set up a burden of proficiency lynch on someone who is incredibly sure he's scum

you're basically asking me why i'm not just going along with whatever other people's reads are

my response? doing that is how people lose mountainous games. the 6 people who get lynched are the 6 least charismatic people in the playerlist.

if i'm alive, i'll defend uglyduck. and if i die, good townies will know to sheep my townreads.
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:45 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 461, Awoo wrote:addendum to theory: if uglyduck flips scum bujaber is innocent child
What does it mean if bujaber flips skum?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:47 pm

Post by BuJaber »

"Self meta is a towntell" lolwut nsg.

I wouldn't call it a scumtell but it definitely isn't a towntell.

I can see duck flipping town but I don't get why he thinks AA9 is town. And I don't understand what he hopes to accomplish with a mutant vote while defending himself instead of selling us mutant. The vote is an empty gesture.

Sure AA9 doesn't seem to care about getting lynched which tends to be a scum thing but also she just reads like a newer/weaker/less confident player than Duck.

Duck are you trying to piss me off to get a read or something? I answered the question in the post you quoted. Each paragraph refers to a sentence or idea you had that each show some worry. One or two alone may be natural but all together they read worried to me. Especially the fact that you had to post in the first place when you actually answered my question with "currently, no chance"
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:55 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Will get NK'd: Mathdino
Town: NSG, Duck, wavemode

Probtown: Unreal, Mylo
Nulltown: wingedcatgirl

Fuck if I know: Bujaber, Awoo, Scioness

Decent lynches: AA9, Invis, mutant

in theory i have enough townreads for a PoE
...in theory.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:01 pm

Post by BuJaber »

I have no idea how you are able to put mylo/catgirl in any category that isn't null or lynchable. They're not even your neighbors. Do you have a telepathic read on them?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:09 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 483, BuJaber wrote:"Self meta is a towntell" lolwut nsg.

you're straight up wrong. i don't care about wording this any other way.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:13 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 485, BuJaber wrote:I have no idea how you are able to put mylo/catgirl in any category that isn't null or lynchable. They're not even your neighbors. Do you have a telepathic read on them?
meta him

this isn't a "meta him he's obvious town", this is me saying that i think you should look at his town meta and scum meta and tell me how you think it compares to this game

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:13 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 486, northsidegal wrote:

you're straight up wrong. i don't care about wording this any other way.
to clarify: obviously context matters here, but in most situations it is.

things fall apart
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:19 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 473, Mathdino wrote:
In post 469, northsidegal wrote:scioness
northsidepal if this came down to a scioness vs a nullread i'd lynch scioness for you, but i have other targets and i'm townreading sci

i'm gonna need you to show me how scioness's play is inconsistent with her towngame

- you said she was fluffy and active lurking, but she was high-content in that newbie scumgame with gemini IIRC. it seems like that's only consistent with her PYP meta

- hasn't she also fluffed/active lurked as town?
you gonna talk to me NSG
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:28 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 473, Mathdino wrote:
In post 469, northsidegal wrote:scioness
northsidepal if this came down to a scioness vs a nullread i'd lynch scioness for you, but i have other targets and i'm townreading sci

i'm gonna need you to show me how scioness's play is inconsistent with her towngame

- you said she was fluffy and active lurking, but she was high-content in that newbie scumgame with gemini IIRC. it seems like that's only consistent with her PYP meta
it doesn't necessarily have to be a meta read - you can just take it as a general scumread. scioness doesn't seem to actually be solving the game. i think a good example would be the empty "what are your reads" questions she's asked a few people:
In post 293, Scioness Sajj wrote:Wingedcatgirl do you have any thoughts about players? Any reads?
In post 333, Scioness Sajj wrote:since you are actually here Mylon

have any thoughts to share?
these are the kind of questions that are really easy to ask as scum, make it look like you're actually playing the game and don't actually require any follow-up (which scioness didn't give). scioness hasn't mentioned wingedcatgirl or mylo since she asked them this question, so i can only assume that she didn't actually take anything that they said into account. this is what i was trying to evoke with this question, to see if scioness actually was doing something with those questions but just wasn't posting it in the thread:
In post 337, northsidegal wrote:hey scioness

can you give me a conclusion that you've come to
but as far as i can tell from what she's posted so far there's nothing.

and also ellitell slightly in terms of activity and maybe some other ~reasons~ involving depth
- hasn't she also fluffed/active lurked as town?
no? i don't think so.

things fall apart
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:50 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I wasn't paying attention to 293 and 333
You know I don't consider "not following up" to be alignment indicative
But yeah those 2 are voteworthy alone

VOTE: Scioness

Give me a lurker lynch if this flips green tomorrow pls
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:51 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Of note
If scioness is doing a significant amount of solving in her pt instead of the main thread for some reason, someone should speak up and probably paraphrase all her posts
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:23 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

I can see duck flipping town but I don't get why he thinks AA9 is town. And I don't understand what he hopes to accomplish with a mutant vote while defending himself instead of selling us mutant. The vote is an empty gesture.

Sure AA9 doesn't seem to care about getting lynched which tends to be a scum thing but also she just reads like a newer/weaker/less confident player than Duck.

Duck are you trying to piss me off to get a read or something? I answered the question in the post you quoted. Each paragraph refers to a sentence or idea you had that each show some worry. One or two alone may be natural but all together they read worried to me. Especially the fact that you had to post in the first place when you actually answered my question with "currently, no chance"

you are gonna sit there and tell me that you think you can ask a question like "if I put someone at L-1, will you hammer" and you do not expect more than a yes-or-no answer in response?
UglyDuck
UglyDuck
Goon
UglyDuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:25 pm

Post by UglyDuck »

In post 485, BuJaber wrote:I have no idea how you are able to put mylo/catgirl in any category that isn't null or lynchable. They're not even your neighbors. Do you have a telepathic read on them?
wait... how do you know who his neighbors are? Real question, still reading back.
Scioness Sajj
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:32 am

Post by Scioness Sajj »

Mathdino has shared his neighbors.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:40 am

Post by BuJaber »

Not just Dino. I am missing just 4 neighbors from the full cul de sac.
Scioness Sajj
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Scioness Sajj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:41 am

Post by Scioness Sajj »

you sure do pay attention. the part from you to nsg is clear for me.

wy are hoods so important to you?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:46 am

Post by Mathdino »

BuJaber I'm gonna need you to fully list every single source you used to piece together the cul-de-sac
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:47 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 498, Mathdino wrote:BuJaber I'm gonna need you to fully list every single source you used to piece together the cul-de-sac
Not because I care but because I need to read you

Return to “Completed Open Games”