Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:31 am

Post by Ms Marangal »

In post 20, BNL wrote:I disagree with the second paragraph. I agree this is likely to be role madness, but this means crumbs are not as useful for scum as everyone is a role so PR wise it doesn't matter much who they kill.
It may be a little late for this, but considering there are sample VT pms in this game, I doubt it's role madness
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:36 am

Post by KittyMo »

Vote Count 1.04

[5] Awoo ~ Kokichi Oma, mastina, Pine, implosion, Wisdom
[2] mastina ~ Myloninja13, Ms Marangal
[2] mutantdevle ~ BulletNLynchproof, Awoo
[1] BulletNLynchproof ~ Espeonage
[1] Pine ~ Errantparabola

[2] Not Voting ~ mutantdevle, Srceenplay

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch!

Deadline is at (expired on 2018-07-01 13:30:00)

Still searching for a Srceenplay replacement.
Myloninja13 has been prodded.
Last edited by KittyMo on Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:39 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 177, mastina wrote:More or less my thoughts. Every time I see Errant post, it makes me think town, though this is with the caveat that I don't really have a good baseline for what from him is scum.
mwahahahaha.
In post 194, implosion wrote:List of people that I'm willing to call some degree of town so far: BNL, EP, mastina, Kokichi, Wisdom, Pine, mutantdevle, vaguely in that order. This list is easily mostly garbage right now though since I haven't audited it yet.

Nonetheless, leaves Awoo, espe, myloninja, Maragnal, and srceenplay. Doesn't feel great that this list is by and large lurkers but that's basically a good excuse to not audit the list of townreads yet so~
With all the same caveats and disclaimers:
Town: BNL, implosion, mutantdevle, Pine, Awoo
The rest: mastina, wisdom, mara, mylo, espe, srceen, kokichi

out of these I like
VOTE: kokichi
the most.
In post 180, mastina wrote:
In post 152, Awoo wrote:VOTE: mutantdevele im watching you, pine.
See this?

This is scum, blatantly hopping onto a wagon initiated by town, most likely ON town.

The proof?

Awoo votes mutant, while pointing suspicion onto Pine...the player who singlehandedly initiated the wagon in the first place.
I think this is very wrong.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:08 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

For someone who says they read my games, you sure cant read my alignment
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:10 am

Post by Errantparabola »

That’s my secret. I can’t read anyone’s alignment.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:12 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

It's okay, I'm always scumread as town anyways. Can you explain the pine and mutant townreads?
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:13 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Espeonage, you usually put a read on me early in games weve been in. How come you havent bothered to give your analysis of what you think my alignment is?
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:24 am

Post by Awoo »

HOLY SHIT IM L-2
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:35 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 164, BNL wrote:
In post 160, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 151, BNL wrote:I agree with the mutantdevle vote. Other than the mentioned awkward 138, many of his comments are related to addressing points at him. He seems more interested in self defense than scum hunting.
"Maybe mutant has a reason to not be scum hunting but instead of asking him that reason I'm just going to opportunistically vote for him and paint him as scum for it."

All of my posts that addressed points against me at the time of your post were simply questioning things about me rather than defending myself against them. I don't so how that makes up 'many of my comments' or is particularly defensive.

And ofc I'm going to seem more interested in self-defence than scum hunting when I've done literally no scum hunting at all...
Give me a good reason I should believe you’re town if you refuse to scum hunt
In post 165, BNL wrote:Actually I will provide an alternative question.
How are you going to help town win if you don’t hunt for scum?
Just to clarify, I'm not refusing to scum hunt. I'm just saying you shouldn't expect it from me. Assuming your definition of scum hunting is asking questions and analysing posts, I do that as and when I see fit and now when pressured to do so.

There are many ways I can contribute to the game without doing the typical boring mainstream stuff. First of all, this is a role madness game, obviously, I have my role to help with. Next is my vote. I will sheep where I see strong cases and pressure as I desire. My reads are not and probably never will be strong, so I've kinda given up on them. You're better rolling a dice on who to lynch than lynch my scum reads. Additionally, whilst this won't be so relevant in the current game state, my main townie skill is mechanical solving and setup spec. It's scum hunting in a different way to reads. I doubt that's going to be too useful given the nature of this game, but not being able to rely on this won't make my traditional scum hunting any stronger.

I'm tired of forcing myself to come up with reads in games. Truth be told, I still null read most people in days 2, 3, etc. I don't like forcing myself to be like "hmm well this is a town lean because they look kinda town but I'm not confident". If I'm not confident in a read, I don't really have it IMO. I'm just along for the ride. I'm cooperative and obedient so my playstyle doesn't harm town in any way. I'm better off this way because I'm the kind of person that gets your strong town PRs lynched if you force me to case people and push my poorly formed reads from poor scum hunting.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:35 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 166, Wisdom wrote:no, mutant, the opposite
I tend to townread whoever many people scumread because usually all they scumread is their playstyle
I honestly don't know why more people don't do this.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:43 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 193, implosion wrote:That said, devle, I want to echo BNL's point - you're acting like we're supposed to be reading you as town here, while simultaneously explaining that you aren't doing any scumhunting. Why exactly are we supposed to think you're town here? And why haven't you done any scumhunting? I'm willing to buy that there's a level of scumminess that you're going to show regardless of alignment, but... you're acting like you showing that scumminess and people seeing it is a reason for people to think that you're town, which is patently absurd.
I don't expect anyone, other than those who really know my meta, to town read me yet. I just prefer it when people question me with words rather than votes because you get more information that way. I'd like to think I'm quite transparent and approachable. If you ever want to know what's going on in my mind, ask me. Don't vote me in an attempt to make me spill my thoughts.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:44 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 195, BNL wrote:Implosion so how did you get mutantdevle town?
I question this too since you literally just spoke about how you don't see why anyone would be town reading me thus far.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:47 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 208, Awoo wrote:HOLY SHIT IM L-2
Want to be L-1?
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:49 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 213, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 208, Awoo wrote:HOLY SHIT IM L-2
Want to be L-1?
Had almost anyone else been at L-2 I'd probably vote here to provoke a claim. But since Awoo has already claimed his role I don't see any point in placing such vote unless I seriously wanted them lynched.
I mostly just lurk now.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:05 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Well that seems like posturing but okay.
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:11 am

Post by Awoo »

UNVOTE:

WARNING
WARNING! AWOO HAS STARTED PLAYING THE GAME, AND IS NOW OBVIOUS
TOWN!

mastina:
Very good logic against me, strong townread. I swear I'm not being scummy on purpose just to get reads, this is not sarcasm. But after this post you will swiftly realize I am town and collapse the wagon ;) now

BulletNLynchproof:

So here's why I called this guy powerscum:
too reasonable & agreeable, slow to action and fast to back off. What did awoo mean by this? well:
and suggest something meaningless, immediately backs off facing slightest opposition. Not saying this never comes from town but the purpose behind these posts reminds me of the whole "trying to appear town" thing. Trying to appear reasonable, you know? This is further backed by more useless(? idk im vt xD) setup spec but then calls me lynchbait, has also proceeded to never vote for me in the game, for some reason backs up calling me lynchbait while (also spewing me as town?) in .
Translator's note: spewing means "when mafia has perfect information and calls someone town/mafia too easily because they know already".
What I'm trying to say here is, he's soft defending me suspiciously, when he probably shouldn't be. It gives the mental image of the "brian skies mafia" who is super reasonable about everything and hard to lynch, and sometimes stays off town lynches on scummy townies just to be right about it and appear really intellectual (LOL) but you know what I mean.

AND FUCK THIS POST this is what set me off the deep end. Here is an artists depction of this scenario:
awoo wrote:duhhhhh i think everyone voting for me is scum btw i eat glue and paint chips and idk how to play mafia
BNL wrote:Hmmm... interesting. The young master has quite the plausible and not impossible theory. *sips champagne* *contemplates* Hm.... indeed. Let us encourage this truly intelligent thought to flourish.
Does anyone else see a problem here? See how this fits into the intellectual powerscum idea? Yeah. I might eat glue, but I can also win the game.

ok whos next on the list...

Errantparabola: idk hes probably town lets skip this one I like the way he caught BNL a little bit but also excused him so back down to null.

Espeonage:
who?
implosion:
havent read his posts, dont feel like doing it. we all have those people, you feel me? but I heard a voice calling him town somewhere ITT so I'll believe it.

Kokichi Oma:

is trying too hard over something that doesn't matter. -points for that. I can tell you 100% that my opening should NEVER be getting townread LOL
but the rest of his posts seem like he's just pushing his scumread (me) which is still + points even if I'm not 100% that he has a genuine read on me. If mafia, he knows how to make his push look good. So in conclusion: he's doing something questionable, and his motivation is questionable, but he looks good doing it.

mutantdevle:
someone called him town so i believe them, i think it was mastina. PEDIT: actually he has some quality content in his dump. I'll explain it if you ask me. I think this here is town.

Ms Marangal
not much here. interacted with BNL in , so we can read into that after we FLIP THAT SUCKA TODAY.

Myloninja13:
who? ISO reveals that he sheeped BNL and had some bad caution in and considering I made the same play as town with big balls no holds barred straight out sayin it without fear of getting scumread. Yeah come to think of it I might just want to kill this slot. Also weak townread on me which is :/

Pine
I actually like this guy now that I read him. He's having fun.

Srceenplay & wisdom:
no read but I think wisdom has been voting on wagons which isnt a bad thing to do. protown? but like what does that mean, nothing. therefore null.

VOTE: BulletNLynchproof THIS IS MY COUNTERWAGON EVERYONE HOP ON
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:13 am

Post by Awoo »

[5] Awoo ~
Kokichi Oma,
mastina, Pine, implosion,
Wisdom

If there's scum on my wagon its not likely in the green area.
I LOVE using colors
to decorate my posts.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:16 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Wasnt I just your townread?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:02 am

Post by Wisdom »

yeah but the others he townreads more
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:03 am

Post by Wisdom »

also

VOTE: mylo

i should be sheeped
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:21 am

Post by implosion »

Wisdom, what's your read on Awoo now?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:23 am

Post by implosion »

In post 212, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 195, BNL wrote:Implosion so how did you get mutantdevle town?
I question this too since you literally just spoke about how you don't see why anyone would be town reading me thus far.
Indignance is a slight towntell I think. Probably one that varies inversely with account join date. But there's a reason you were at the end of the list.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:34 am

Post by KittyMo »

NicoRobin replaces Srceenplay
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:46 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 216, Awoo wrote:
TOWN!
You're giving mixed signals here.

Also, am I the only one who found this post a bit of a disappointment to what it was introduced as?
I mostly just lurk now.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”