Newbie 1876 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:55 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

I think he was trying to fake a townslip lol.

For the record I am totally cool lynching this particular PR claim. No part of me buys it.

For anyone that's played with him before: was 2.7 this scattered as town? Did he make this many appeals to being a noob?

2.7, link me to your past games, be it on this site or elsewhere.
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:02 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

The only past game is Newbie 1872.

Also, keep in mind that I was not attacked as strongly in that game. Really, I just got over excited and then over defensive, and I should not have. I was not like that in 1872 since I was a vanilla townie.

Also, I thought we were supposed to not lynch PR claims unless someone counter claims.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

After 2 years (almost exactly!) of inactivity I am giving MafiaScum a second chance...

Nah. I'm gone. Again.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:20 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

Jesus I hardly noticed this part of his defense

"I still contend that if 3 townies vote for someone, it is just as stupid for both scum to vote for the target whether the target is scum, requiring a self-vote, or the target being town, which is an instant giveaway no matter what."

Yeah I'm sorry, I'm liking Nonny unvoting and suspecting 2.7 immediately after his claim. Right now I don't wanna vote for her at all.

I have no problems lynching a PR claim. Read his posts on the last page. They're scummy in tone, content, reasoning, tactic, and intent.

Tone: constantly defensive but never, ever actually gets aggressive. He makes appeals to his scumread ffs.
Content: he's still explaining that one post about L-2. Good grief.
Reasoning: see above quote
Tactic: dat D1 roleclaim absent intent to hammer.
Intent: consider that he roleclaimed outta desperation but is not at all acting like he's town and about to die. He's not making loud requests to pursue this or that on D2. Doesn't seem like it's even crossed his mind. The desperation just reads as feigned.

I'm VOTE: 2.7. Let's see how y'all react to him being
L-1.

IMO no one should counterclaim, though. If you're a PR, keep it to yourself. 2.7 is either town doctor and dead on N1, or it's a fakeclaim and he's trying to get you both to claim.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:22 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

DO NOT HAMMER WITHOUT POSTING INTENT
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:33 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

In post 176, 2 718281828459 wrote:The only past game is Newbie 1872.

Also, keep in mind that I was not attacked as strongly in that game. Really, I just got over excited and then over defensive, and I should not have. I was not like that in 1872 since I was a vanilla townie.

Also, I thought we were supposed to not lynch PR claims unless someone counter claims.
So you admit that your playstyle's different? Cuz I just skimmed your ISO in that game and yeah, it was different af my dude. Why are you preempting a meta read on you?
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:33 am

Post by nonny »

In post 176, 2 718281828459 wrote:
Is that why you claimed?
*insert bad joke here*
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:34 am

Post by Skygazer »

Yeah, I agree with the fact that 2.7 said that there could be one PR is pretty sus. I really don't like this claim.
In post 176, 2 718281828459 wrote:Also, I thought we were supposed to not lynch PR claims unless someone counter claims.
Ugh, this reads so so scummy to me.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:39 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

In post 181, Skygazer wrote:Yeah, I agree with the fact that 2.7 said that there could be one PR is pretty sus. I really don't like this claim.
In post 176, 2 718281828459 wrote:Also, I thought we were supposed to not lynch PR claims unless someone counter claims.
Ugh, this reads so so scummy to me.
It tells me he hasn't read the setup info here but not much else. Maybe he's just a dumb PR player and couldn't care less what possible setups mafia has and just townslipped, or he's faking a townslip. Either way, agreed: do not like.

However, to be fair, having read a bit of his previous game, which is his first & only on the site, that setup had possibilities of only one PR as well.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:52 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

Also speaking as someone who's faked a townslip as a town PR, it's all WIFOM.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by Formerfish »

VOTE: unvote

I am skimming now, and will do a more in depth read later.

I have my daughter tonight (she is doing much better. Fever is gone, labs came back negative for UTI, Strep and her appendix looks fine. Just a false alarm, still unsettling though).

I drop her off at the ex-in-laws tomorrow and I have nothing to do this weekend. Get ready for a shit ton more from me.

Is there anyone who has standing weekend vacation/limited access? I like to do most of my sorting in person, meta dive me and you will see this.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:21 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

Glad to hear it bud.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:34 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Also, we are not lynching a pr claim today. Anyone who pushes that is bad and they should feel bad. If he isn't a pr then we will probably know tomorrow. If he is then he probably does tonight. We are not doing the scums job for them.

Anyone who feels differently can fight me.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:35 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 185, GuerillaWoo wrote:Glad to hear it bud.
(Thank you. Being a parent is scary sometimes. And not in the way anyone ever warned me about. The helplessness you feel at times is fucking crushing)
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:07 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

In post 186, Formerfish wrote:Also, we are not lynching a pr claim today. Anyone who pushes that is bad and they should feel bad. If he isn't a pr then we will probably know tomorrow. If he is then he probably does tonight. We are not doing the scums job for them.

Anyone who feels differently can fight me.
I'll take you up on that fight. If I were scum right now and he was town, I'd leave him alone N1. Kill one of the townies on his wagon and go after anyone who said not to lynch him. If scum can push a misslynch today, leaving him alive guarantees they end up in LyLo. It's a pretty obvious play. Plus they'd know who the doctor is so they'll be looking for clues as to who he thinks is valuable.

If he's scum and we lynch him tomorrow, it gives his partner plenty of time to crumb a bus. We have no real associatives right now, I don't see a way in which we'd lynch his partner on D1.

If we lynch him today, we'd have a great chance at getting scum on D1. Me, brass, and Nonny become conf!town. The odds of lynching an actual townie are pretty high D1. We'd also protect actual PRs from counterclaiming.

And if he's town, well, it's like you said, we did scum's job for em and we try again on D2. But I don't wanna spend 28 days wondering whether he fake claimed on D1 and we were all too afraid to press him.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:31 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Despite my feelings towards 2.7, I'm inclined to believe that lynching a claimed doctor is probably a bad idea today (as of right now). I don't see scum really taking the risk of leaving a doctor in the game and gambling with a potential no kill.

I also have to say that I don't see Guerilla pushing so adamantly for this lynch as scum, it doesn't really seem like scum would draw attention to themselves like that? So, townreading Guerilla.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:45 pm

Post by Formerfish »

I am by no means saying he should make it to endgame, but doing this on d1 is bad form. I'll get more into it when I'm fully caught up. I just felt like I needed to say something when I saw him claim a pr and then saw people still calling for his Lynch.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:35 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Ok, I read a bit more. That claim is suspect as hell. I hadn't gotten to the part where he full claimed yet.

Grrr.... We have time to figure this out, I might not be so belligerent in his defense anymore, but I still don't like the idea of lynching a claimed doc. I also will point out that I have made that fake claim as scum before, it wasnt in a newbie game though, and I made it a few more days off the wifom alone.
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:22 pm

Post by Jackal711 »

VOTE COUNT 1.6

TrinityNZ (0) -
GuerillaWoo (0) -
2 718281828459 (2) - IcemanCh, GuerillaWoo
Skygazer (0) -
IcemanCh (0) -
nonny (3) - TrinityNZ, Skygazer, brassherald
Formerfish (0) -
brassherald (2) - Bins, 2 718281828459
Bins (0) -

Not Voting: nonny, Formerfish

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is Sunday, July 1st at 11:15 am PDT which is in
(expired on 2018-07-01 11:15:00)
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:52 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

Gosh a lot has happened since last night! I need to read through and digest everything and there are quite a few terms I don’t understand that I’ll have to do some research on, before commenting. I’ll be back!
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:30 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 153, nonny wrote:I'm hesitant to even respond to the multiple people saying I was "self deprecating", what I said about being a perfectionist was not meant to be self deprecating. I asked a question, received an answer, and responded to the answer. I did not phrase it as "woah is me, poor me", merely stated a fact and noted I'd try to lighten up since I'm just a serious person. This is the last I want to post about my personality, if you see it as scumread so be it, I feel like I've explained where I was coming from enough, either you see it as genuine or you don't.

The definition of self-deprecating to me is that it isn’t about “woe is me, poor me”, but is about putting yourself down to appear humble and therefore a nice person. And so then I ask, why do you need to make us think you’re a nice person?
This explanation I have nothing against, feels legit and I respect knowing how you read things yourself. The part that I don't get is why Trinity is sheeping, almost every post from her is just following another player, like in post 122 (how do we link to posts?), with time can find more examples as well.
Yes, you’re right I’ve probably mostly replied to previous posts as I’m still having probelms figuring out how to reply to earlier posts and do quoting properly. So it’s easier just to reply to something and follow on from what was previously said. Also, I’ve been trying to be active, but haven’t always been sure what to say, so again it’s easier just to follow on from an existing topic. I’m sure I’ll get better as the game goes on. I’ve changed my view now to descending rather than ascending, so that will probably help too.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:03 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 183, GuerillaWoo wrote:Also speaking as someone who's faked a townslip as a town PR, it's all WIFOM.
Can you just confirm for me what ‘faked a townslip’ means? Thanks
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:09 am

Post by Bins »

Whew, lots to read that I only skimmed.
In post 177, GuerillaWoo wrote:I have no problems lynching a PR claim. Read his posts on the last page. They're scummy in tone, content, reasoning, tactic, and intent.
I really can't agree.
Scum risks getting CC'd when they aren't even at full risk of getting lynch? Meh move.

And no, actual doctor SHOULD counterclaim. If this is lying scum, he should be lynched immediately.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:58 am

Post by IcemanCh »

UNVOTE:

I've been super busy at work. I've caught up on everything that is going on. WOW. A PR claim on D1 how horrible is that.

@Woo yes, to me he was this scattered in the last game and appealed to being new a lot. I do think he is still learning.

I will say this. I don't like the PR claim at all. Not even a little bit. It seems forced and like someone fed him to say that. The little bit about "I thought we weren't supposed to lynch Doctors D1" speaks of someone, not the town. Only scum has reasons to live. A doctor who has claimed should know/expect to not see the next day but, it seems like he's trying to argue as to why he should stay around.

Anyways, I'm removing my vote for now. I want to catch up more and gather my thoughts when I have time tomorrow. I think E2.7 is the likely lynch but, we'll see.

Please, no counterclaims. I don't think there's enough here for that.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:06 am

Post by Bins »

Counterclaim is definitely the right play. All this softing going on is just a mess to deal with later. There's no reason to stall a conf!scum out until the day after, it's honestly going to put us in a much worse position.

Doctor isn't as strong as a role as you may think. It is a strong role, but if it can get a scum lynch in the bag Day 1 we have a LOT of information early on in the game. Stalling this and not claiming and leaving this information until it's 2 v 5 or whatever is worse.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:35 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

I'd rather we risk lynching a doctor to get scum than we out our two PRs to cc the worst claim ever.

My vote's still on 2.7.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”