Newbie 1876 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:36 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

Bins if you end up being his partner at least then we'll know where he got the D1 roleclaim idea, won't we
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:19 am

Post by Bins »

I'm only saying claim if you ARE a doctor. Don't CC if you can't actual prove the claim as false.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:41 am

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 198, Bins wrote:Counterclaim is definitely the right play. All this softing going on is just a mess to deal with later. There's no reason to stall a conf!scum out until the day after, it's honestly going to put us in a much worse position.

Doctor isn't as strong as a role as you may think. It is a strong role, but if it can get a scum lynch in the bag Day 1 we have a LOT of information early on in the game. Stalling this and not claiming and leaving this information until it's 2 v 5 or whatever is worse.

This is just wrong. In this situation E2.7 has come out looking pretty scummy. Throwing out a doctor claim to me seems like he was fed that line by his scum buddy in an attempt to get something out of his lynch. The ship is sinking might as well find any other roles.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:44 am

Post by IcemanCh »

I will add that if the train moves away from lynching E2.7 then a CC would make sense. But, right now the train is firmly on E2.7 so there is NO NEED to counter claim.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:46 am

Post by Bins »

In post 203, IcemanCh wrote:But, right now the train is firmly on E2.7 so there is NO NEED to counter claim.
Think your analysis of the situation is wrong here, but OK. We can wait and stall more.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:58 am

Post by brassherald »

I'm just going to throw my two cents in here regarding CCs, if I were doctor, I would claim. That being said, there is no "correct" way to play mafia, so, just decide whether you are going to CC or not.

That being said, I obviously now hard claim not doctor, if it was not clear before this point.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:57 am

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 204, Bins wrote:
In post 203, IcemanCh wrote:But, right now the train is firmly on E2.7 so there is NO NEED to counter claim.
Think your analysis of the situation is wrong here, but OK. We can wait and stall more.

How so? Several of us have moved the vote of temporarily but, I know that I'll probably end up putting my vote back on E2.7.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:59 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

In post 201, Bins wrote:I'm only saying claim if you ARE a doctor. Don't CC if you can't actual prove the claim as false.
Fair enough. Doubt we'll get that CC, odds seem slim.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:28 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 98, 2 718281828459 wrote:I wish that there was a designated person who had an IC-like role but was not playing, therefore you could ask questions that might reveal your role ("So I found 2 townies as Cop, should I reveal now or later?" or "Should I, as scum, pretend to be a Tracker to try and win this LyLo?") without compromising the game.
I was rereading and came across this again. On the one hand, this kind of comes off as a really forced attempt to hint that they may be a power role, like it could be scum trying to set up a later claim. On the other hand, 2.7 hasn't pointed this post out at all to back up their claim. I kind of think that scum 2.7 would be much more likely to go back to this post in an attempt to prove their claim, yet 2.7 hasn't, which kind of sort of leads me to believe that this was just a reckless stream of conscious town post... Does anyone else have any thoughts about this post?
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:44 am

Post by nonny »

Skygazer: I made a post before about 2.7's 98, it does seem an odd statement, especially seeing that scum does have someone to talk to and possible guide them.

Currently I'm still scum lean on 2.7 as well. Hypothetically if someone CC doc, we lynch 2.7, and the CC doc is alive tomorrow then day 2 is wasted on WIFOM? Maybe it's not a good play, but isn't that a possible scenario were scum could buss (am i using that right?) their partner in an effort to make it to lylo? Seeing as there is no guarantee that we even have a doc in set-up.
In post 194, TrinityNZ wrote:
In post 153, nonny wrote:I'm hesitant to even respond to the multiple people saying I was "self deprecating", what I said about being a perfectionist was not meant to be self deprecating. I asked a question, received an answer, and responded to the answer. I did not phrase it as "woah is me, poor me", merely stated a fact and noted I'd try to lighten up since I'm just a serious person. This is the last I want to post about my personality, if you see it as scumread so be it, I feel like I've explained where I was coming from enough, either you see it as genuine or you don't.

The definition of self-deprecating to me is that it isn’t about “woe is me, poor me”, but is about putting yourself down to appear humble and therefore a nice person. And so then I ask, why do you need to make us think you’re a nice person?
I never said it was a negative, that is your own connotation. Do with it what you will.
In post 153, nonny wrote:This explanation I have nothing against, feels legit and I respect knowing how you read things yourself. The part that I don't get is why Trinity is sheeping, almost every post from her is just following another player, like in post 122 (how do we link to posts?), with time can find more examples as well.
Yes, you’re right I’ve probably mostly replied to previous posts as I’m still having probelms figuring out how to reply to earlier posts and do quoting properly. So it’s easier just to reply to something and follow on from what was previously said. Also, I’ve been trying to be active, but haven’t always been sure what to say, so again it’s easier just to follow on from an existing topic. I’m sure I’ll get better as the game goes on. I’ve changed my view now to descending rather than ascending, so that will probably help too.
So then, what is your current take on the 2.7 discussion going on? Seeing as that's our main concern currently, it'd be good for every player to weigh in.
*insert bad joke here*
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:17 am

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 209, nonny wrote:Skygazer: I made a post before about 2.7's 98, it does seem an odd statement, especially seeing that scum does have someone to talk to and possible guide them.

Currently I'm still scum lean on 2.7 as well. Hypothetically if someone CC doc, we lynch 2.7, and the CC doc is alive tomorrow then day 2 is wasted on WIFOM? Maybe it's not a good play, but isn't that a possible scenario were scum could buss (am i using that right?) their partner in an effort to make it to lylo? Seeing as there is no guarantee that we even have a doc in set-up.
In post 153, nonny wrote:I'm hesitant to even respond to the multiple people saying I was "self deprecating", what I said about being a perfectionist was not meant to be self deprecating. I asked a question, received an answer, and responded to the answer. I did not phrase it as "woah is me, poor me", merely stated a fact and noted I'd try to lighten up since I'm just a serious person. This is the last I want to post about my personality, if you see it as scumread so be it, I feel like I've explained where I was coming from enough, either you see it as genuine or you don't.

The definition of self-deprecating to me is that it isn’t about “woe is me, poor me”, but is about putting yourself down to appear humble and therefore a nice person. And so then I ask, why do you need to make us think you’re a nice person?
I never said it was a negative, that is your own connotation. Do with it what you will.
In post 153, nonny wrote:This explanation I have nothing against, feels legit and I respect knowing how you read things yourself. The part that I don't get is why Trinity is sheeping, almost every post from her is just following another player, like in post 122 (how do we link to posts?), with time can find more examples as well.
Yes, you’re right I’ve probably mostly replied to previous posts as I’m still having probelms figuring out how to reply to earlier posts and do quoting properly. So it’s easier just to reply to something and follow on from what was previously said. Also, I’ve been trying to be active, but haven’t always been sure what to say, so again it’s easier just to follow on from an existing topic. I’m sure I’ll get better as the game goes on. I’ve changed my view now to descending rather than ascending, so that will probably help too.
So then, what is your current take on the 2.7 discussion going on? Seeing as that's our main concern currently, it'd be good for every player to weigh in.
Currently I’m trying to understand the whole claim and counter claim situation, so trying to read and understand everything to get to my own view. 2.7 does look a bit off at this point
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:50 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

In post 209, nonny wrote:Skygazer: I made a post before about 2.7's 98, it does seem an odd statement, especially seeing that scum does have someone to talk to and possible guide them.

Nah. If we lynch one scum on D1/D2 we delay LyLo by a lot. Scum planning on a quick LyLo wouldn't bus without prompt from town. They'd want two misslynches on D1/D2.

Meaning if 2.7 is scum fakeclaiming doc, their partner has hopped off his wagon or was never on it. We get one scum today we end up in LyLo on D4, assuming it's all misslynches from there.
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:24 pm

Post by Jackal711 »

VOTE COUNT 1.7

TrinityNZ (0) -
GuerillaWoo (0) -
2 718281828459 (1) - GuerillaWoo
Skygazer (0) -
IcemanCh (0) -
nonny (3) - TrinityNZ, Skygazer, brassherald
Formerfish (0) -
brassherald (2) - Bins, 2 718281828459
Bins (0) -

Not Voting: nonny, Formerfish, IcemanCh

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is Sunday, July 1st at 11:15 am PDT which is in
(expired on 2018-07-01 11:15:00)
Last edited by Jackal711 on Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by nonny »

VOTE: 2.7 This seems like the best place for vote to be right now, nothing has convinced me the claim was legit, especially the appeal to "protocol." We also, have now stalled it seems.
*insert bad joke here*
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:07 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

Yeah real talk, thred's ded
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:56 pm

Post by Skygazer »

If 2.7 had another scum player to talk to then why would he make a post about wishing he had another more informed player to talk to about advice? I'm kind of thinking 98 is more indicative of town at this point.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:00 pm

Post by nonny »

In post 215, Skygazer wrote:
If 2.7 had another scum player to talk to then why would he make a post about wishing he had another more informed player to talk to about advice? I'm kind of thinking 98 is more indicative of town at this point.
By itself, yes it can be seen that way. Initial impression was more just talking to talk and therefore neutral, at least that's how I read it.
*insert bad joke here*
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:06 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 216, nonny wrote:If 2.7 had another scum player to talk to then why would he make a post about wishing he had another more informed player to ta. By itself, yes it can be seen that way. Initial impression was more just talking to talk and therefore neutral, at least that's how I read it.
You said that's your initial impression but I'm assuming you don't see it in a different light after 2.7's doc claim?
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:28 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

The fact that 2.7 hasn't been back here since the claim is not at all making me doubt my read on him. Stirred the shit and walked out. Better for him as scum to lay low while we argue among ourselves. Sigh.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:52 pm

Post by Formerfish »

I agree with Woo. If I had just claimed and people were still questioning it I would stick around and interact with them. The whole "not lynching without a CC" thing from 2.8 bugs the shit out of me as well. And doc is one of the easiest claims to fake, someone dies and he just claims that scum is leaving him alive for wifom and that he picked someone else to protect the night before explaining away the nk.

VOTE: 2.8
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:54 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

Yeah it comes off as 1) an insight into game meta from a player that's been leaning into the VI role, especially when challenged, and 2) An underhanded attempt at forcing his own immunity.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:54 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 161, 2 718281828459 wrote:Then it was all survival instinct -- it is one thing to lynch a townie, but to lynch one of only 2 (or maybe even only 1) power roles?
This is what hit me hardest. Like the only way that this line of thought makes any sense is if he were a cop. I just went through this myself in a game that just ended. I was the cop who on day 2 had to try and figure out if there was another pr while trying to solve the game with the info I had.

If he was a cop he wouldn't even mention the fact that there may only be 1 PR because he would be 100% outing himself as that cop.

It makes even less sense with the doc claim, and if it don't make dollars it don't make cents.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:17 am

Post by IcemanCh »

I'm willing to bet scum is on damage control right now and that's why we haven't heard from E2.7

VOTE: E

I think that's L-1
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:42 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

In post 222, IcemanCh wrote:I'm willing to bet scum is on damage control right now and that's why we haven't heard from E2.7

VOTE: E

I think that's L-1
This is a bad post
2 718281828459
2 718281828459
Goon
2 718281828459
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:07 am

Post by 2 718281828459 »

In post 218, GuerillaWoo wrote:The fact that 2.7 hasn't been back here since the claim is not at all making me doubt my read on him. Stirred the **** and walked out. Better for him as scum to lay low while we argue among ourselves. Sigh.
I thought I did post something but I guess the post did not take.
Most of the posts you guys wrote were
about
me and not
to
me, although I may have missed stuff.
My reads have not really changed anyway, I still think nonny is town (or at least not scum enough for all those votes) and brass is scum.
Retired Account
. I have no replacement.

After 2 years (almost exactly!) of inactivity I am giving MafiaScum a second chance...

Nah. I'm gone. Again.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”