Mini 2018 - American Presidents Mafia (Game Over)

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:10 am

Post by brassherald »

Geminitwin has requested replacement, starting a search now
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:15 am

Post by Bernie Sanders »

In post 172, Irrelephant11 wrote:I’m kinda feeling worse on stun/Nauci/Mom/invis for their “lynch the lurker” votes like 48 hours into a game on the weekend
mmm stun and invis are more slated as pressure vs momr and nauci being more of a vote vote
I think stun's is actually okay and nauci's as worse in this respect than the rest, though not sure yet wrt invis and momr though (gemini was my other name to invis I had thought of)
Still feeling the Bern in 2018
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:22 am

Post by stungun0404 »

OK, i will answer all these questions myself in addition to asking them, since it benefits town the best with me currently under voting pressure

@mathdino: between all the players with a vote on them currently aside from the one your voting for in bernie sanders, which wagon appeals the most to you? that is, between nsg, geminitwin12, gamma emerald, shoshin, momrangal, stungun0404 and invisibility.

my answer: aside from nsg, i’d be most prone to join the gemini wagon as of right now because i don’t have any sort of town vibe from her yet, and i shared a town mason with her last game i played. i feel like her questions might have an intent of stirring the pot—so that would be my official reasoning. i would like to see more AI content from her. haven’t gotten much of that yet. i want to give her a chance to give some gamereads first though, because she’s not one i want to gang up on yet. after all, she’s the main reason i decided to join this game (well along with invisibility playing and mwnn’s alt modding). but i can’t deny that something feels off from her content so far.

@nauci: between the lurkers (players with 10 or less posts so far), which one(s) do you feel are most likely to be pushing forward a town agenda as of now, and which one(s) a scum agenda?

my answer: i have to go with nsg for scum agenda, because not having much substance to her posts is why i couldn’t gather much of anything when she was scum in the game i played with her where i was town and she was scum. my answer would be gamma emerald on the basis of making an effort to townread (townleans already on skitter and keyser soze), and not yet pushing forward any scumreads. i don’t see that sort of effort so far from any of the other lurkers

p-edit: @irrelephant: i’m not all “lynch the lurkers” at all. i’m adamant about pushing more content out of the lurkers, which is a clear difference. this is how i always play d1 as town, because i’ve learned from the mistakes of not doing so (case in point: lynchpin mafia where nsg and creature lurked their way to victory). and anyways, scum have a serious tendency on d1 to stay in the background, and we cannot allow that to happen. I definitely don’t like that you are the one arguing against lynching all lurkers, when your content so far could be considered lurker all by itself (7 posts with several of them looking like they may be trying to spread doubt about the gamestate + no given townreads), so spreading doubt about that doesn’t really look good to me coming from your perspective. it’d be different if it was someone like shoshin or keyser soze saying this, but it’s not in this case. i also don’t see how you are reluctant to townread keyser, the evidence is there

more questions to come as i try to make some early predictions. power went out while making this post, so had to switch from ipad to mobile. good thing i had everything copied already.
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:23 am

Post by Bernie Sanders »

FTR just because of timing I'd go as far as to put .70 odds on that replace being influenced by the one off vote by invis, though not to speak to anything wrt AI ness as of quite yet (does suggest anti-assoc)
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:24 am

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 175, brassherald wrote:
Geminitwin has requested replacement, starting a search now
:(

i really wanted to play with her. hope all is well on her end!
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:27 am

Post by stungun0404 »

my answer for pushing forward a town agenda among the lurkers was gamma emerald, i must have forgot to type the town agenda part between switching devices
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:41 am

Post by Bernie Sanders »

In post 178, Bernie Sanders wrote:FTR just because of timing
since it probably get asked anyways the reason I'd spec this is brass posted this morning already without mention and brought up the replace now suggesting it was recent and I so think presumably after a read (distinction being one brought up last last night or by brass otherwise) though maybe is reading too much into it. my impression if you're just generally fed up or busy/no motivation you usually do it either end of night or when you remember in the morning and there's still decent odds of it being latter by chance but my gut is its a read first and then a I'm not feeling this (though even then I guess town still have that response too much for it to really count)
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:47 am

Post by brassherald »

I'm checking with the replacement queue. I will likely be very late with my normal 8 PM EST vote count by the way, going to see Incredibles 2 tonight
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:49 am

Post by stungun0404 »

it’s worth noting, actually, that gemini and i stated in a pm before this game that we were really looking forward to being the same faction again this game; so her replacing out might actually be a scum-indicative replace-out, especially with her doing it after she’s put under pressure for the first time. i prompted her to sign up for this game, and we were looking forward to playing with each other again.

but at the same time, this could also mean she’s got things going on irl, that she has general disinterest, or other things. so i want to give her replacement a chance first before i jump to any conclusions from this, but also want to throw it out there since i am town this game and had already sensed that she might be scum. sure enough, it’s a scumlean for me until further content develops, though

@irrelephant, who are you townreading? i would like to see you hard commit there, as you have yet to.

my answer: well, i’m already hard townreading keyser soze and shoshin, and i have voiced a slight town indication that needs further content to sort it out on gamma emerald. the last one is admittedly not a particularly strong read though, so i wouldn’t exactly trust it if i am lynched today and flip town, but i would trust the other two. also stated a gut townread on mathdino, another one i wouldn’t exactly trust, but my gut rules for now...

@skitter: what’s your reason to believe shoshin is scum playing super aggressively?

my answer: i have no reason to believe this myself, but would like to hear more about this. i definitely feel skitter is more likely of the 2 to be scum, because while they were aggressive, their gameplay so far is much easier imho for scum to duplicate.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Liking stun gun for town, questions feel like they’re deeply insightful
Also hope you have fun brass, I loved Incredibles 2.
PEdit: that’s a really interesting postulation stungun. I think you may be into something.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:55 am

Post by Bernie Sanders »

stungun is legit btw he pretty much all by himself came to very similar thought process on NSG that mathdino had in another game
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:01 am

Post by Bernie Sanders »

In post 165, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm honestly kinda wanting to kick back this game ngl, maybe I'll get solvy later but for now I just wanna smell the roses. It's my first full game back ya know.
you too gamma?
Well I was thinking of maybe just jumping on you old times sakes but I guess you can take it easy for now :lol: :P
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:09 am

Post by Bernie Sanders »

actually naucis not bad despite what I said earlier

curious now as to reads from skitter NSG and math (is this the clique?)

Also math if you keep rhyming I will actually start to hold it against you :roll: (Yeah I know I'm no fun)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 186, Bernie Sanders wrote:
In post 165, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm honestly kinda wanting to kick back this game ngl, maybe I'll get solvy later but for now I just wanna smell the roses. It's my first full game back ya know.
you too gamma?
Well I was thinking of maybe just jumping on you old times sakes but I guess you can take it easy for now :lol: :P
I think I know who you are already.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:16 am

Post by Mathdino »

Thought stungun was town 'fore yall fakers were born
Then dumb scum will choke, so the haters be warned
I expect more from Nauci, her posts got no form
Let's make this a wagon, sound the airhorn

VOTE: Nauci

Sidenote, lynching gemslot would be a fine vote
I cry tho, that replace out is quite a spy note
No joke I need more townreads than this mild boat
So far its stun, Sho, and I like what Keyse wrote
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:18 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 171, Irrelephant11 wrote:Hot take: Keyser hasn’t done anything towny yet
I'm rethinking that read.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:22 am

Post by Shoshin »

VOTE: Nauci
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:25 am

Post by Shoshin »

Stun, can you explain your transition from suspecting me to a townlean to hardtown?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:26 am

Post by Shoshin »

Math, why are you townreading Stun?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:33 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 80, stungun0404 wrote:These 2 posts are enough for me to officially townread Keyser Soze. Clear town train-of-thought/progression to these 2 posts, I gather.

Let’s see what else i can gather...
I agree with this read,
In post 82, stungun0404 wrote:No. there’s not a lot i can conclude from what has went down so far given the amount of time i have, but my gut has urged me to an early townlean on mathdino, so VOTE: naucy
I agree with this lead,
In post 170, stungun0404 wrote:VOTE: Northsidegal. she blew right past me and the rest of town as scum in lynchpin mafia by largely lurking/staying in the background. i don’t reckon i want to see a repeat of that. i’d like to see her give some early gamereads. her content hasn’t really had much substance so far :cool:

questions coming for all :P
He's been very pro-town and that's clear to see.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:38 am

Post by Shoshin »

Those posts are pretty easy to fake so I dunno about that. There's something else Stun said recently that feels townish that I thought maybe you were picking up on but I guess not.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Shoshin what are you asking these questions for? They seem a little scatter-shotted.
<Embrace The Void>

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:44 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 196, Gamma Emerald wrote:Shoshin what are you asking these questions for? They seem a little scatter-shotted.
What are you confused about? What's random about them?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I don’t see the direction you’re heading with hem.
<Embrace The Void>

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:54 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 195, Shoshin wrote:Those posts are pretty easy to fake so I dunno about that. There's something else Stun said recently that feels townish that I thought maybe you were picking up on but I guess not.
My townread ain't recent, it's not a crime to be a trendsetter
I was good by page 8, so I'd like to spend my time better
Than reading some posts when this game has tougher reads
Speaking of which, what's your take on Gamma's deeds?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”