Newbie 1874 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:01 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

In post 444, OnlyIAmMe wrote:The mafia can either have 2xmg, 1mg and 1 rb, or 1mg and 1 cop. If i said the cop would proba ly investigate you, how would i know that the cop was the one chosen without being mafia?

Why is this confusing?

Mafia can't get a cop?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:12 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 444, OnlyIAmMe wrote:The mafia can either have 2xmg, 1mg and 1 rb, or 1mg and 1 cop. If i said the cop would proba ly investigate you, how would i know that the cop was the one chosen without being mafia?

Why is this confusing?
wat
wat

ur saying that the mafia rolecop is going to come out and say it on day 1?
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:14 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

Haha, I wish lol.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 443, stan1ey wrote:Yeah i'd prolly be ok taking that chance tbh. unless a better option came up, at the end of the day mafia is always gonna claim a PT
what the fuck?

okay new question: would you rather take a no lynch or a guaranteed pr lynch?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

im ok with a stanley lynch today, im ok with hammering, i just want to squeeze some more stuff out of OIAM and stanley before I declare an intent to hammer.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 451, OkaPoka wrote:

Why is this confusing?
wat
wat

ur saying that the mafia rolecop is going to come out and say it on day 1?
and do you sincerely believe that there is a higher chance for scum to scumslip then a PR to confirm what role they are?
OnlyIAmMe
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:03 pm

Post by OnlyIAmMe »

Yes. I didn't want the maf rolecop to claim either, that post meant that
scum would be more likely to point out what roles scum are

As in, questioning 'scumslips'involving mafia roles.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:07 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 456, OnlyIAmMe wrote:Yes. I didn't want the maf rolecop to claim either, that post meant that
scum would be more likely to point out what roles scum are

As in, questioning 'scumslips'involving mafia roles.
wait why would scum be more likely to point out what roles scum are? isn't the point of playing town to generate discussion?

this is still confusing to me, can you paint your perfect scenario/what you were going for situation for me to get a feel of what you were trying to accomplish?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:41 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

I'll answer Stanley's post first and then thoughts about OkaPoka. Welcome btw!

@Stanley, you asked me about my read on Draynth among other things. I'm writing up a wall right now but I want to separate this out for everyone's benefit so it doesn't get buried in the wall.

My read on Draynth
: out of all of the players in the game, he's one of the few that I don't have a solid reason to townread. I see a lot of questions that seem a bit obvious/surface level and he doesn't really go anywhere with his questioning. For example, asking Lefty why he thought Ircher's vote was for pressure but FC's wasn't when the answer is fairly obvious based on the respective posts. Asking Ircher why he changed his mind on Lefty in when Ircher had already explained. I think several of the answers to his questions can be easily deduced. I don't see much in the way of analysis and it seems like he's asking question just to look like he's doing something as opposed to thinking about why people are posting what they do. Then comes his readslist and he L-1's UnaBombaH based on Ircher's points and a something that makes him think UnaBombah is scum but he can't say what it is. When UnaBombah received continued pressure, Draynth never reconsidered his read or tried to interact with Una despite the original reason being so weak. Also, he doesn't make a single comment on UnaBombah's massive posts where he Una gives reads on all players in the game. Instead he sticks with promoting generic play such as "Una shouldn't claim unless intent is given" but no actual thoughts on how his read is progressing.
OnlyIAmMe
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:02 pm

Post by OnlyIAmMe »

Perfect scenario:
Me:post
Scum:"wait... You say
the
mafia cop. How did you know the role was rolecop? "
Me: I didn't, you told me. Lynch this scum!
Vote:Scum
[b/]
"
OnlyIAmMe
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:03 pm

Post by OnlyIAmMe »

unvote

Now I can be the l-1

vote:stan1ey
OnlyIAmMe
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:03 pm

Post by OnlyIAmMe »

That is l-1!!!
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:10 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 459, OnlyIAmMe wrote:Perfect scenario:
Me:post
Scum:"wait... You say
the
mafia cop. How did you know the role was rolecop? "
Me: I didn't, you told me. Lynch this scum!
Vote:Scum
[b/]
"
this is dumb

there is no way in hell that this is more likely then una saying "yeah im cop"

this discussion will continue into tmr's phase
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:21 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Responding to the rest of Stanley's points:

1. Regarding your read on UnaBombah, I didn't like you asking him whether he gets lynched a lot because if he said that he didn't, you would have used that as a reason to suspect him. But just because his normal playstyle doen't lead to him being lynched doesn't mean he's scum here. Perhaps other people don't find his playstyle or the type of phrases he uses to be particularly scummy. He wasn't wagoned here because he was cocky or patronising or told us we'd be able to make an educated decision. He got wagoned because Lefty and Ircher made a hard push on him and people agreed with them. If Lefty/Ircher weren't in the game, odds are UnaBomBaH may not have been wagoned. So, it feels like you are making a few logical leaps here.

2. You acknowledge that you townreading Draynth was flawed. You said Draynth was town because he argued that he wasn't going to keep his vote on someone at all times instead of just doing what UnaBombah told him to and voting someone. I have trouble believing that you genuinely believed this argument when you were so easily persuaded otherwise. In fact, in your previous scumgame, your partner MathDino pointed out to you multiple times in the scum PT that a lot of what he said in thread were his real thoughts. You know that scum don't normally lie about theory points because it's something that can easily be checked from game to game. That's also a pretty weak reason to townread Draynth that you continued using all the way until when there was much more content to go on.

3. As to the other reasons you now gave for townreading Draynth: I don't think his readslist in was good at all. I don't see why you are townreading him for his read on Una which is basically "Una is scummy but I don't know why" and sheeping Ircher. I don't see as something scum would be unlikely to make. In fact, if scum see that someone is reading up on their games, they would be curious to know which games are being read so they know what town is looking for when reading them. I can see town also asking that question of course but I consider it null and not a towntell. Also, I don't think Draynth put you at risk of being lynched by saying that he was paranoid of you truthfully claiming mafia goon in your first post. That's moonlogic and isn't actually going to get anyone to agree with him.

4. You wanted comments on your reads on OIAM and Ircher. I'm very confident Ircher is town. The way he deconstructed people's posts, the amount of effort he went through and the fact that all of his conclusions are reasonable and things I can easily follow and understand and mostly agree with points to him being town. It's one of those reads I'm happy to put the game on the line for. OIAM is bit more hazy. Sometimes I don't understand or agree with his thought process and reading him has been much more of a struggle. I do understand his vote on you because he's been scumreading you since your little one on one argument so I expect he'd jump on a wagon of you if one got started. I think the LAL argument is kind of a stretch but that seems typical for him so I'm giving him a bit of latitude. It's possible I'm wrong on this read though and if you or anyone sees his posts differently, I'm happy to discuss more.
OnlyIAmMe
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:53 pm

Post by OnlyIAmMe »

What is the difference between bringing up LAL and saying you are paranoid of a mafia goon comment?
OnlyIAmMe
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:55 pm

Post by OnlyIAmMe »

@oka who are we to decide what is likely and not likely? Have you seen Una do this in their town-pr games. Have you seen examples of this?

I know Oka seems to be scumhunting but their pred still makes me think they are scum
OnlyIAmMe
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:58 pm

Post by OnlyIAmMe »

Let me see if I can put into words part ofmy stan sr.
I feel their scumhunting id a little weak abd maybe forced?
Does it seem to anyone else sometimes Stan is clutching to straws? I want to do a full ISO work sometime, but I don't like reading or making wall posts. Let me see the deadline; hope for an extension; tomorrow I will try. I mean, this morning.
OnlyIAmMe
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:59 pm

Post by OnlyIAmMe »

Maybe I should've down rqs instead.

At what point is the line of mislynching scum and scumhunting town?
Or, what are the obvious gray and black(scum) areas?
OnlyIAmMe
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:03 pm

Post by OnlyIAmMe »

Rephrase:At what points do scumhunting town and mislynching scum turn into a mix?

I mean the general population, not certain people.

Lazy Towum is me
3/5 townie
2/5 lazy scum

Because there are town scum too
OnlyIAmMe
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:06 pm

Post by OnlyIAmMe »

Someone tell me what my scum motivation would be.
OnlyIAmMe
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:09 pm

Post by OnlyIAmMe »

Too many people are doing work for mine to be of any significance, I think.
OnlyIAmMe
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:11 pm

Post by OnlyIAmMe »

@mylon all PRs are in the cop categ.. Why can!'t maf have a cop?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:23 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

I finished reading through OkaPoka's posts. I'm really glad this replacement happened because he comes across very town. Lots of analysis and conclusions that I'm on the same page on and I also can follow the thought process pretty easily. I'll re-read OIAM again to see if I'm missing something there.

@OkaPoka, what do you think of OIAM's push on Stanley starting from ? That's my biggest reason for thinking he's town. It took me a couple of read-throughs to understand what he was talking about but the way he was pushing it and the confidence felt like he actually thought he spotted something and it didn't feel fake at all. I'm interested in seeing where your conversation with OIAM is going too so don't hammer just yet. I'll weigh in on it later.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:50 pm

Post by Huntress »

bumpity
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum