Goon
Reality Check
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:52 pm

Post by Reality Check »

like I said

I don't care enough to push shoshin
"Someday, everything will make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason."

Ankamius + mastina hydra
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:52 pm

Post by the worst »

I think Shoshin is town here Anka.
if the numbers thin and we don't find scum I'll reconsider her
Reality Check
Reality Check
Goon
Reality Check
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:54 pm

Post by Reality Check »

you're going to be dead long before that, worst

and so will I lol
"Someday, everything will make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason."

Ankamius + mastina hydra
Reality Check
Reality Check
Goon
Reality Check
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:55 pm

Post by Reality Check »

I hope you're right because I think only a mechanical guilty will lose scum the game if you're wrong

Ankamius + mastina hydra
Reality Check
Reality Check
Goon
Reality Check
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:58 pm

Post by Reality Check »

and btw, shoshin's style is similar to mine from a few years ago

and it doesn't feel like town-me-from-a-few-years-ago

Ankamius + mastina hydra
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:08 am

Post by the worst »

is this an Anka soulread?
Reality Check
Reality Check
Goon
Reality Check
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:10 am

Post by Reality Check »

the way she hides information is so familiar
the way she tries to push reactions from engagements is so familiar
the problem is both of those have the same stink my posts do when I'm faking them

the way she's pushing me has the same type of OMGUSy feel that I have when I see a push on me that I don't think is town
the problem is it's fake, I don't get the impression she believes her own cases from this

it's like I'm playing a game with myself from 2013/2014

and it's the 2013/2014 me that fakes my 2013/2014 town meta

Ankamius + mastina hydra
Reality Check
Reality Check
Goon
Reality Check
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:13 am

Post by Reality Check »

In post 2030, the worst wrote:is this an Anka soulread?
it's a feeling at least

I think I've gotten more nuanced about how I play that style, but the basic principles are still there

and Shoshin's style feels really eerily similar to it

Ankamius + mastina hydra
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:14 am

Post by the worst »

fwiw I think pushing things that kinda seem ridiculous is a very Shoshinesque trait generally speaking... Do you strongly get the impression she really doesn't believe what she's posting as well?
Reality Check
Reality Check
Goon
Reality Check
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:15 am

Post by Reality Check »

In post 2033, the worst wrote:fwiw I think pushing things that kinda seem ridiculous is a very Shoshinesque trait generally speaking...
that's me as both alignments

Ankamius + mastina hydra
Reality Check
Reality Check
Goon
Reality Check
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:15 am

Post by Reality Check »

In post 2033, the worst wrote:Do you strongly get the impression she really doesn't believe what she's posting as well?
here's a counter question for you

how do you read her level of conviction over time this game?

Ankamius + mastina hydra
Reality Check
Reality Check
Goon
Reality Check
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:16 am

Post by Reality Check »

I'm not talking like day phase to day phase, I'm talking about push to push to focus shift to etc.

Ankamius + mastina hydra
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:19 am

Post by Shoshin »

Reality, you'd probably read me better if you stopped comparing how I play to how you play because we obviously think very differently about the game.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:19 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Guys, just please trust me on this. Shoshin is town. It isn’t in town’s interest for me to elaborate on this.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:24 am

Post by the worst »

I've actually found Shoshin's conviction as pretty earnest. she's like strongly spewed frustration when I've pushed her buttons and the stuff she's been pushing hasn't really felt all that forced to me..

In post 2037, Shoshin wrote:Reality, you'd probably read me better if you stopped comparing how I play to how you play because we obviously think very differently about the game.
Not a good post
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:29 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1822, ArcAngel9 wrote:I REALLY CANT STOP THE LYNCH, IT IS MY JOB TO PROTECT PEOPLE HERE!!!
The sense I'm getting from AA9 is that she's forced to protect certain players (e.g. Creature) and maybe even to attack others (e.g. Nico) though I'm unsure about the second part.

I doubt AA9 flips scum here. Most likely has some absurd negative utility, just like she claimed at the start of the game. If she's faking this, I'd be very shocked.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:29 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2039, the worst wrote:I've actually found Shoshin's conviction as pretty earnest. she's like strongly spewed frustration when I've pushed her buttons and the stuff she's been pushing hasn't really felt all that forced to me..

In post 2037, Shoshin wrote:Reality, you'd probably read me better if you stopped comparing how I play to how you play because we obviously think very differently about the game.
Not a good post
I have very good reasons for townreading her. I am not taking out of my ass here. She’s town. Please trust that I have damn good reasons for thinking this.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:29 am

Post by Shoshin »

2037 is a fine post, the worst. Reality shouldn't be scumreading me and her reasons for doing so are bullshit.
Reality Check
Reality Check
Goon
Reality Check
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:30 am

Post by Reality Check »

that's basically just the most likely explanation for why a lot of your posts feel so weird

I know the manipulating-information style of playing because I'm an expert at it

there's examples in the thread that you use that style because you're using the same tricks I do

so it's not necessarily true that I'm comparing you to me specifically, I'm comparing your play to what I know of how this playstyle works

and what I'm seeing equates to scum far more often than town.

Ankamius + mastina hydra
Reality Check
Reality Check
Goon
Reality Check
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:31 am

Post by Reality Check »

In post 2039, the worst wrote:I've actually found Shoshin's conviction as pretty earnest. she's like strongly spewed frustration when I've pushed her buttons and the stuff she's been pushing hasn't really felt all that forced to me..
but has it shifted beyond that

Ankamius + mastina hydra
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:32 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2042, Shoshin wrote:2037 is a fine post, the worst. Reality shouldn't be scumreading me and her reasons for doing so are bullshit.
What Reality doesn’t understand that there are posts that townclear you but it isn’t in town’s interest’s for me to look them up.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:33 am

Post by the worst »

In post 2042, Shoshin wrote:2037 is a fine post, the worst. Reality shouldn't be scumreading me and her reasons for doing so are bullshit.
the way you flail feels like scum who's been caught for the wrong reasons. just generally feedback. do you think she's scum fabricating it or do you think she's just wrong?
Reality Check
Reality Check
Goon
Reality Check
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:35 am

Post by Reality Check »

In post 1896, Reality Check wrote:Someone did something really spicy last night.
In post 1899, Reality Check wrote:I kind of want to try to fish them out since it's pretty blatantly town, but I don't want to at the same time because it's a more effective role when hidden.

Hmmmmmmm
nancy, is there any non-zero chance this could apply to you

no clarification beyond yes or no please, I'm not sure how to match the quoted posts to a player without outing their role yet

Ankamius + mastina hydra
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:35 am

Post by Shoshin »

Hey Nancy, I think we should rethink the lynch on AA9. It's too obvious that she's playing the way she's playing because of her role, which she warned us about right away on D1. Yes, she defended Creature but was it because she's scum or because she was forced to by her role? She says Nico is town yet votes Nico... then says she's going to the redirect of Creature lynch onto Nico without actually having the ability to do that (if she were scum who could redirect then she obviously would have without saying anything)... and then says it's her job to "PROTECT" people... it all adds up to some bizarre role where she doesn't have control over who she reads as town/scum.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:36 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2043, Reality Check wrote:
that's basically just the most likely explanation for why a lot of your posts feel so weird

I know the manipulating-information style of playing because I'm an expert at it

there's examples in the thread that you use that style because you're using the same tricks I do

so it's not necessarily true that I'm comparing you to me specifically, I'm comparing your play to what I know of how this playstyle works

and what I'm seeing equates to scum far more often than town.

Why aren’t you listening to me? :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: You are never lynching her as long as I am in the game. That’s a promise.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”