Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:51 pm

Post by Kison »

In post 1399, MagnaofIllusion wrote:On why Tywin’s replace-out is a reasonable to be indicative of scum:

In a non-Open set-up a Town investigation role is pretty much the golden ticket to not being lynched, especially Day 1 unless you are playing in a game with really, really bad Town players. If you think this isn’t the case stop reading because your POV will never reconcile with mine. You can see evidence of the strength of an Investigation claim in OldMan’s continued survival today – even with his bad play and Day 1 IC fake-claim people generally are willing to let him live for at least a few days til his claim is busted or proves likely true.

So put yourself in Tywin’s shoes as hypothetical Town Even Night Cop on Day 1. He’s getting pressure and despite his attempts to explain his thoughts the pressure is not abating. Town Tywin knows regardless of how bad his play is he’s got his claim in his pocket. And as hypo-Town has to believe he will not get counterclaimed by scum because that is effectively a death sentence for one scum by Day 2 (setting aside the current potential conflict with OldMan’s claim which Day 1 was unknown).

Is it possible Tywin Town just decided the game wasn’t fun and flaked despite having a powerful Town role? Yes. Is it also possible that Tywin isn’t a Town Investigative role and felt flaking and getting a potential replacement halo for his slot was better served than trying to continue to fake hunting for scum in the face of pressure. There is enough reasonable scum motivation in the way Tywin’s flake developed that I am considering it as part of my overall read on that slot.

No replace out / flake is purely alignment indicative (and if it is that player should probably be banned for using Trust tells if it is Town indicative or quit playing Mafia if scum indicative). But the nature of Tywin’s flake given the subsequent claim by Lycan puts it as within the realm of reason.
I'd be more inclined to agree with you had his flake not been site-wide. It's hard to pin the replace out on this game going south when it wasn't limited to here.
In post 1394, Momrangal wrote:Kison, if the difficulty of the two wagons worried you, why do you decide to go after pine, and not lycan who was the other person who had a hard time getting lynched?
I could be persuaded on Axel but I've been pretty back & forth on him all game. Last place I landed was regretting voting for him at end of yesterday with his last minute effort to avoid being lynched. I think there's a good case for him being scum, though, & he's doing that non-committal "not voting anyone for long periods of time" thing again.

For Lycan, by play alone I think that slot is the scummiest of anyone in the game right now. The impulsive side of me wants to lynch him now, but I can't see how it would be a good play in any way with the role he's claimed. We'll get more information by seeing what happens tonight.
In post 1412, Korts wrote:
Vote Count
(4) Pine - Momrangal, roflcopter, Kison, OnTheMark
(3) Lycanfire - Eddie Cane, Old Man, Ginngie
(1) Eddie Cane - Lycanfire
(1) Axelrod - MagnaofIllusion

not voting:
RayFrost, Axelrod, Pine

7 to lynch

Deadline is 6 PM EST on Friday the 29th of June.
Last edited by Korts on Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:54 pm

Post by OnTheMark »

@magna — You have lazy me. There may or may not be other games. I just don’t remember misreading you like ever. So hence you’re an easier read than say Eddie or Lycanfire.

I am tired and spend most of my day sleeping. I have no desire to go through all the games we have played.

And in regards to fake claiming it was done recently here with a parity cop (I forget which game) so I get suspicious.

Furthermore RC has fake claimed PGO before and I caught that. I can count on one hand the amount of times I have seen a pgo but it has been fake claimed a fuck ton. I don’t ever trust PGO claims.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:29 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

mm
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:04 am

Post by Korts »

LuckyOtter replaces Lycanfire.

With all replacement slots filled, regular prodding resumes tomorrow.
scumchat never die
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:10 am

Post by LuckyOtter »

Hi folks. I'll get as much read as I can and post tonight.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:18 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

VOTE: Axel
In post 1400, Kison wrote: I'd be more inclined to agree with you had his flake not been site-wide. It's hard to pin the replace out on this game going south when it wasn't limited to here.
Site-wide really only is relevant to the discussion IMO is if he replaced out of like 5 or 6 games simultaneously. What games did he replace / flake from Kison? Or was it a matter of him just not posting? If you did legwork to ascertain this I'd like to hear the details.
In post 1401, OnTheMark wrote:@magna — You have lazy me. There may or may not be other games. I just don’t remember misreading you like ever. So hence you’re an easier read than say Eddie or Lycanfire.
Well given you've been able to exactly demonstrate one single game where you actually had to read me (the Thing) I'm trying to decide whether you are Town Math who doesn't want to grapple with X=1 being a bad, bad sample size or if you are scum Math trying to somehow artificially inflate how well you read me for purposes of pushing a mislynch at some point. I already had one case of this to grapple with in Firebringer. Not really liking a second one.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:11 pm

Post by Kison »

In post 1405, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 1400, Kison wrote: I'd be more inclined to agree with you had his flake not been site-wide. It's hard to pin the replace out on this game going south when it wasn't limited to here.
Site-wide really only is relevant to the discussion IMO is if he replaced out of like 5 or 6 games simultaneously. What games did he replace / flake from Kison? Or was it a matter of him just not posting? If you did legwork to ascertain this I'd like to hear the details.
Why such a high number for it to be relevant?

No, he flaked. I looked at this a bit during day 1 because I initially read his replace-out as damning. When I said as much, Hito asked me why I thought it was alignment indicative and that's when I saw he had been in at least one other game and hadn't posted anywhere since May 5th. Didn't want to dwell on it too much because the one I saw was ongoing so it's grey area.

They're over now. He was in three: this game, (game ended in mod error 3 days after his last post) & .
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:36 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1364, Eddie Cane wrote:Magna, or anyone for that matter, can you cite anything to indicate this is within Tammy's scum range? If not knock of the bullshit.
i want real answer from ginngie and answer from pine too
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:54 pm

Post by LuckyOtter »

So far, I've read up through page 10 and the last few pages and have been skimming in between and looking at VCs. So, forgive me for working with incomplete information but I need to go ahead and start engaging with people in order to get into this and get up to speed.
--
Axel did you ever explain why you weren't voting anyone at the end of D1? I know the KMD wagon formed quickly but there was quite a bit of time between that and your unvote off of Pine.
--
roflcopter, you're reading both pine and axel as scum, yes? Can you explain why pine over axel?
--
RayFrost, did you ever get a chance to read up? Also, are you saying that setup speculation is scummy or just unhelpful?
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:01 pm

Post by LuckyOtter »

In post 1385, Kison wrote:
In post 1333, OnTheMark wrote:Looks like he thought KMD town Lycan scum.

Is this a prevailing thought? Does anyone agree lycan scum? Can someone summarize the Lucan case?
You need not look much further than Tywin's couple of posts to see why that slot is scummy. What little he played the game was super narrow wall posts of hogwash, mostly attacking Hito and justifying his early Eddie Cane town read & holding inconsistent views to do so.
In post 1376, Momrangal wrote:I also think that, if there was an outstanding force that prevented the axle lynch from occurring, it isn't to much to point it out to me and ultimately help me get into a better mindset to the aura of this game
From memory it was mostly that there was a competing wagon on Twin/Lycan going. MoI also wasn't feeling the Axel wagon till later in the day. I don't recall anyone else explicitly opposing it but I could be forgetting someone.

I agree though, with whoever pointed out that Lycan & Axel both seemed pretty resistant while KMD went up in flames super quickly. That definitely has me worried.

UNVOTE: CooLDoG
VOTE: Pine

I'm cool with this wagon. Let's see where it goes. I thought Pine looked okay most of day 1 till he had to take his leave of absence, but I don't think he's giving the effort I'd expect from town. And I say that as town who has been pretty low effort all game. When I read his posts I don't get the idea that he is trying to figure out who the scum are. Not sure what to make of the soft claim. I don't know why he felt it was necessary to reveal all of this with what... you were at 3 votes? I'm not a mechanic junkie so I really don't know what it could be and honestly am not super interested by it either.
Kison, so if my slot is scummy, and you're "worried" about mine and Axel's wagons meeting resistance, and you led the day with a CoolDog vote, what's the point of pursuing a Pine wagon?
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:07 pm

Post by LuckyOtter »

Sorry, Kison, I guess you answered that in part, but I don't see from your POV why Pine is a better vote
--
OK, didn't get as far as I'd hoped tonight, but it's 3am and need stop for now.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:40 am

Post by Korts »

Axelrod, RayFrost, Pine, Ginngie, and roflcopter have been prodded.

I would also like to take this moment to remind you that the deadline is
this Friday
, and there will be no extension.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:42 am

Post by Korts »

Vote Count
(4) Pine - Momrangal, roflcopter, Kison, OnTheMark
(3) Lycanfire - Eddie Cane, Old Man, Ginngie
(1) Eddie Cane - Lycanfire
(1) Axelrod - MagnaofIllusion

not voting:
RayFrost, Axelrod, Pine

7 to lynch

Deadline is 6 PM EST on Friday the 29th of June.
Last edited by Korts on Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
scumchat never die
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:43 am

Post by Pine »

This game sucks
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:48 am

I hate every one of you that got prodded.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:49 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

VOTE: Pine
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:50 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 1405, MagnaofIllusion wrote:VOTE: Axel
In post 1401, OnTheMark wrote:@magna — You have lazy me. There may or may not be other games. I just don’t remember misreading you like ever. So hence you’re an easier read than say Eddie or Lycanfire.
Well given you've been able to exactly demonstrate one single game where you actually had to read me (the Thing) I'm trying to decide whether you are Town Math who doesn't want to grapple with X=1 being a bad, bad sample size or if you are scum Math trying to somehow artificially inflate how well you read me for purposes of pushing a mislynch at some point. I already had one case of this to grapple with in Firebringer. Not really liking a second one.
The point is X=2 not one. Thaw and Thing. If you’re going to attack me, at least do it well.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:51 am

Post by OnTheMark »

@mod please fix the VC that would be awesome!
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:54 am

Post by OnTheMark »

@Magna time to consolidate. Pick a wagon.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:59 am

Post by Ginngie »

I.

I vote Lycan

And he somehow isn’t lynched

This game is confusing
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:04 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

willing to vote Lycan, Pine, Ginngie, Magna rn
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:05 am

Post by Pine »

Part of me wants to be lynched just to be done.

This game needs a shakeup. When I get to my laptop I’ll fullclaim and get the voteparkers off me.

My gut says Kison is the EOD wagon we need. He consistently stands out in my PoE, hasn’t done anything remotely Townish, and a bunch of what he’s done might be quiet opportunism.

VOTE: Kison

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:06 am

Post by Pine »

In post 1420, Eddie Cane wrote:willing to vote Lycan, Pine, Ginngie, Magna rn
Oh hey four Townies. I kind of want to BoP you now.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:06 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

maybe if you 3 weren't actively ignoring me I'd have a different lynch pool!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:08 am

In post 1416, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 1405, MagnaofIllusion wrote:VOTE: Axel
The point is X=2 not one. Thaw and Thing. If you’re going to attack me, at least do it well.
OTM you were in Thaw for like 15 minutes so I really don’t think you can claim to have actually gotten a read.

But that said two games just as abysmal for sample size on accurate reads and the fact you keep softly floating me as a scum team member means you are misreading me here.

Thus I will continue to noodle over your alignment.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”