Newbie 1876 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:48 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

Why's everyone using the word protocol all of a sudden. Wonder if that's worth looking into. :')

Bins can you explain to me what these "protocols" are and why they're so unique in this game and why on top of that these unique "protocols" would cause a townie, specifically a PR, to not only freak out and arrive at everyone's scum-dar but on top of that to meekly claim PR then doc.

Because this is an unnervingly particular scenario and the word "protocol" is vague.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:58 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 278, Skygazer wrote:
TrinityNZ wrote:I thought I had put this at the bottom of my post last night but it got left off:

UNVOTE: nonny
VOTE: 2.7

For the reasons I gave last night that my strongest scum lean right now is 2.7.
In post 271, TrinityNZ wrote:2.7 is looking like the most likely scum to me. I considered transferring my vote to him after his posts started getting a bit desperate after he made the claim, but some had said we should take more time before lynching him,
so I’m not sure whether to move my vote to him now or not
(Bolded for emphasis)

271 absolutely does not look like a post where you're about to vote for 2.7 considering you specifically stated you don't know whether to move your vote to him or not. This looks like an inconsistency with some significance to me.

Also why haven't you answered my questions in 273?
I’ve answered your 273 questions now - as mentioned I think we’re in different time zones :)

I did have issues late last night when I was tired, with losing posts and them not working properly, so all I can do is agree with you that it is inconsistent! (And having had a few wines at a birthday dinner). I am a bit unsure of which way to go on things, and how to make sure I contribute and help with hunting out the scum, and how to go about changing my mind on who I suspect and being clear about my reasoning.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:03 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 280, 2 718281828459 wrote:
L-1 again
. I think my votes are coming and going in waves.

OK, so now I like how nonny's voters all left (although, of course I do not like where one of them went). I am not really sure about the Iceman vote -- could it be that Iceman is just inactive for personal reasons? (Is this brassherald jumping to conclusions again?)

Expanding on that, I am wondering why a mere lack of activity from Iceman is causing brassherald to say "Top scumread right now" suddenly. Even though
I
disliked the ideas he had before, this jumping around with (at least in this case) flimsy evidence could be further evidence of brass being scum.

There has been so much, I am not sure how to respond to all of it. Though I am starting to not like Trinity's attitude (and the brass+Trinity team lines up with what I thought earlier...)
Although, I have to wonder how much of that is inexperience, so I want to wait before voting there. (It could be that she just wanted to keep a vote on the board but still voting for nonny.)
Well, it was really that I think you’re the most likely scum of everyone, even more than nonny (who I do also suspect), and so was trying to indicate that by voting for you. I’m not sure what you mean about ‘attitude’?
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:06 pm

Post by Bins »

In post 300, GuerillaWoo wrote:Why's everyone using the word protocol all of a sudden. Wonder if that's worth looking into. :')

Bins can you explain to me what these "protocols" are and why they're so unique in this game and why on top of that these unique "protocols" would cause a townie, specifically a PR, to not only freak out and arrive at everyone's scum-dar but on top of that to meekly claim PR then doc.

Because this is an unnervingly particular scenario and the word "protocol" is vague.
It's the word that E was using. I'm sort of using it to indicate that he seems to be very new to the site "protocols", hence why he's so worried about the "protocols". I think it's weird too. Sort of cute. Which is why I'm not sure why he would fakeclaim.

I'm also not for the idea that his buddy told him to fakeclaim. That's like... not something I see going down.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:07 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 284, Formerfish wrote:
In post 277, TrinityNZ wrote:I’m not sure what else I need to do to follow up?
You asked a lot of questions. Have the people who you were asking replied to all of them? If you want me to I can do an ISO on you and quote all the places you asked questions.
I don’t think there’s anything outstanding that I’m still waiting for an answer for.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:09 pm

Post by Bins »

I think brassherald is still my strongest scumread. I have pretty much every other slot at varying levels of town, which I'll try and get into.

gtkas
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:12 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 285, nonny wrote:
In post 284, Formerfish wrote:
In post 277, TrinityNZ wrote:I’m not sure what else I need to do to follow up?
You asked a lot of questions. Have the people who you were asking replied to all of them? If you want me to I can do an ISO on you and quote all the places you asked questions.
Also, have you answered all the questions directed at you? I know at first you said you were posting from a phone, it may be easier if you can use a computer to do a more full post, at least once in a while.
Formerfish wrote: We might be better off killing 2.8 today no matter what.

I know. I know. That sounds kinda crazy, right? My question to you all is this, is it?

Say he is town. I as scum would not kill him tonight. I would leave him alive because tomorrow when he's not dead it's almost a free mislynch right there for them. Also, I would probably no kill for the simple fact that as the towndoc he could pick one of the scum team to protect, which would in effect clear that scum player when town2.8 is killed and flips green.

Now from the flip side. If 2.8 is scum I would probably no kill as well. It would ratchet up the wifom to unbelievable levels on not only himself but also on whoever he "protected."
It does make sense. I had a similar thought that currently we don't have any "real" information. We won't really until we have a lynch. All of our reads currently are based on nothing but knowing our own alignment. (I know this is just day 1 mechanic) Once we do have one (or two depending on NK and PRs in game) confirmed alignments then scumhunting can become more solid.

That being said, I personally still want to hear more from Trinity and Bins. More information now can help with look backs later, right?

This is more random thought but is there any benefit from a "no lynch", I'm guessing no, because that still leaves us in WIFOM tomorrow if 2.7 isn't the NK.
I would LOVE to be posting from a real computer! I have either an ipad or a phone at home - no PC. And at work this site is blocked (I work for the government). It would be so much easier to post from there, with dual screens!
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:18 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 303, Bins wrote:
In post 300, GuerillaWoo wrote:Why's everyone using the word protocol all of a sudden. Wonder if that's worth looking into. :')

It's the word that E was using. I'm sort of using it to indicate that he seems to be very new to the site "protocols", hence why he's so worried about the "protocols". I think it's weird too. Sort of cute. Which is why I'm not sure why he would fakeclaim.

I'm also not for the idea that his buddy told him to fakeclaim. That's like... not something I see going down.
If it is fake, it seems to be working - quite a few are backing off from voting him.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:59 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 299, TrinityNZ wrote:OK, post #236, where it looks like she is telling him what to do, and also she says she is leaning towards him being null, which seems strange in view of other comments.
236 says she's leaning scum??
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:01 am

Post by Skygazer »

Oh, I see where she said null, but that just was for a specific post that I thought was indicative of town.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:46 am

Post by Skygazer »

Intent to hammer.

If 2.7 is town it'll remove an easy mislynch target later down the road. If they're scum then that'd be nice.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:32 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

I don't think he's at L-1 anymore.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:40 am

Post by brassherald »

He's not, nonny unvoted so he's L-2.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:43 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

Yah y'know what, let's Leroy Jenkins this and put it to bed. The WIFOM's gonna murder me and I'm low on nicotine.

VOTE: 2.7
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:59 am

Post by Bins »

What part about me catching up after getting back from Paris so wait 24 hours is so hard for you to understand? Not everyone has weighed in yet. There's still other players in the game I want to talk about.

gtkas
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:02 am

Post by Skygazer »

Relax, I haven't hammered yet, I just stated that I intend to.

Guerilla, how is quitting going? I'm in the same boat as of today.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:28 am

Post by Bins »

Well stop intending to!

gtkas
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:42 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

In post 315, Skygazer wrote:Relax, I haven't hammered yet, I just stated that I intend to.

I'm smoking now so, terribly. Still, one in three days isn't awful considering I'm a chain smoker.

Good for you bud, good choice. If you need tips lemme know cuz I've gone through this a bunch and I know how tough it can be.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:43 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

In post 314, Bins wrote:What part about me catching up after getting back from Paris so wait 24 hours is so hard for you to understand? Not everyone has weighed in yet. There's still other players in the game I want to talk about.
Fair

UNVOTE:
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:13 am

Post by Jackal711 »

VOTE COUNT 1.10

TrinityNZ (1) - Skygazer
GuerillaWoo (0) -
2 718281828459 (3) - Formerfish, IcemanCh, TrinityNZ
Skygazer (0) -
IcemanCh (1) - brassherald
nonny (0) -
Formerfish (0) -
brassherald (2) - Bins, 2 718281828459
Bins (0) -

Not Voting: nonny, GuerillaWoo

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is Sunday, July 1st at 11:15 am PDT which is in
(expired on 2018-07-01 11:15:00)
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:35 am

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 317, GuerillaWoo wrote:
In post 315, Skygazer wrote:Relax, I haven't hammered yet, I just stated that I intend to.

I'm smoking now so, terribly. Still, one in three days isn't awful considering I'm a chain smoker.

Good for you bud, good choice. If you need tips lemme know cuz I've gone through this a bunch and I know how tough it can be.
I’ve done it and for me it was all about changing that voice in my head that says smoking is enjoyable to one that says it’s disgusting. There’s a book called ‘the easy way to give up smoking’ or something by Allan Carr (I think) which has helped me and two of my friends give up and stay off the nicotine. It’s from the eighties I think but still really good
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:45 am

Post by Skygazer »

Yeah this is my second time quitting. I have some patches that the state of Maryland gave me for free from my last time around so hopefully that's enough for the physical cravings, I just really need to work on these psychological cravings. I've been really phlegmy and short of breath lately so it's kind of wild to me that the urges are this strong. I guess I just made it too big of a habit.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:47 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

I'll look that book up.

It's easy for me to find smoking disgusting when I'm smoking, but after three days when the cravings kick into fifth gear it's really just about stopping the confusion and time dilation. For me that's the worst part, not the burning lungs or headaches, it's where your brain turns dumb and time goes slow.

The replacements are so great though. I stopped the patches cuz I felt like I had to go off nicotine entirely and I was back smoking. My biggest advice is don't stop the patches and don't feel like any of this is an issue of willpower.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:01 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

Anyway we went off on a tangent here lol, let us know when you're ready with those reads Bins
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:03 am

Post by Bins »

I’m hesitant to straight up say my townreads if we’re about to lose our doctor.

But I really feel if Numbers ain’t scum, him and I are right on Brass. I don’t want to flip him because of this. I just want to push something else other than this. It’s a yawn.

Does anyone wanna give a brassherald read?

Does brassherald want to ask me about my read on them? It’s been ignored.

gtkas

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”