Mini 2018 - American Presidents Mafia (Game Over)

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 748, skitter30 wrote:this is the last time 'the worst' appears in his ISO by ctrl+f; he doesn't mention gemini or 'duck' anywhere at all.
in the interest of being thorough, i just checked for 'tw'; most of the hits were for 'btw' and a few were actually in reference to tw, but all in a offhanded kinda way and didn't really indicate a read on him, and were from earlier in the game than the quote i pulled above.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:07 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 748, skitter30 wrote:i try not to focus on associatives pre-flip because i kinda get fucked over if i think about it too much without real data, and then tend to find evidence that fits the theory instead of the other way around.

he probably isn't scum with nauci, but i dislike that he lampshaded the associatve in
In post 659, Irrelephant11 wrote:Hey at least now you can all probably see that me/Nauci isn’t s/s wooo
if nauci is scum with him she'd have to have literally started a bussing wagon which i find kinda unlikely.

irrelephant doesn't have a read on tw as far as i can tell?

this is the last time 'the worst' appears in his ISO by ctrl+f; he doesn't mention gemini or 'duck' anywhere at all.
In post 491, Irrelephant11 wrote:I can't read the worst tell me more
shoshin just listed a scumpool of five (incidentally including tw) and he was like, ok, sure, that's cool, lets be buddies now; i don't think that has much significance wrt tw being a potential irrelephant partner. i'm actually more concerned about the buddying he was doing there-ish to shoshin than his tw read, especially since she was focusing more on other players in that pool at the time (ie me), so if tw was theoretically a partner he might not be too worried that town!her had FOS'd partner!tw there. basically i don't think shoshin's scumread of tw there is really significant or indicative of partners either way.
The weird thing about my game with Irrelephant was that despite me over lurking and working on that Master thesis catch up post I never finished, almost no one pressed me on it. Irrelephant11 actually pushed my slot the most out of everyone in the game except the tunneled person, but this was only maybe 2 questions in 30 pages. I think he tends to try not to talk about associates, which is why I previously mentioned the potential TW association because his only comment was that he can't read TW (which is what he said about me that game).

He had a tendency to sheep others' ideas relatively readily so any criticisms of town would be magnified, so I'm going to be continuously pressing for deeper explanations of his reads to strip that comfortable method away.

Invisibility catch up posts were sorely disappointing. I honestly don't know who I want off the island more right now between some of the options.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Stuck on mobile for the rest of the night we’ll see how this goes
In post 490, Shoshin wrote:Alright, cool. So Nauci, Skitter, and the worst as scum? I think that makes the most sense at this point.
Still plausible

Reads:
Mathdino - innocent until proven whack
Nauci - feels like she’s looking for my lynch, not my alignment. Possibly over tunneling as town though I’m not ready to say that my green flip means she’s 100% scum. She is playing somewhat different from last game but idk what to do with that info since she knows I’d recognize her scumgame if she copied it. Scummy.
skitter30 - man how do you separate someone scumreading you from scumreading them back I’m not used to people thinking I’m scummy so I’m trying hard to read him aside from that. I also feel similar about Skitter/Nauci as they seem to feel about me/Shoshin. They’re weirdly buddy-y (though admittedly less intense than I have been with Shoshin), which imo would suggest they’re not both scum? Has anyone here experienced scum “matching reads” and buddying each other in this subtle way before? Null for now.
Momrangal - out of the murky lurkers (Invis, the worst, nsg, gamma), my towniest read. Has provided real reads and the playing (pushing Invis with vote, etc) seems mildly town-motivated
Shoshin - town. Playing exactly like our last game, and she’s killin’ it. I think we should all sheep her honestly
Bernie Sanders - more likely town, but I’m actually struggling to maintain any sort of read. Null, leaning town.
Invisibility - i wanted him to be town but he’s done little to show it. Null, because Invis :roll:
the worst - I wanted him to be town but he’s done little to show it. Null, leaning scum.
stungun0404 - town. lemme know if you’re behind and need this explained
nsg is a ?
Keyser Soze - I can’t get this idea that your posting seems fake out of my head. Null, but I’m returning to this before EOD.
Gamma Emerald - Done next to nothing towny all game. Scummy.

Re: 745 - oh shiz I forgot this was theme game with options of not 10:3

Honestly I think I’ll stay on a wagon on a player I find scummy with players I don’t find scummy, so no vote movement here.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Ugh Nauci you’re sounding towny sometimes but you keep calling for my lynch and it doesn’t feel like you actually think I’m scum you just want me lynched and I want us both to be town but we’re never gonna be able to work together if we are, are we
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

What are the odds Nauci is an Irrelephant11 Lyncher
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 699, Invisibility wrote:stay tuned for part 2, kiddlydinks!
Wait I thought this would have happened by now
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:15 pm

Post by skitter30 »

math, am i in a retaliatory OMGUS scumread tunnel thing?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:16 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 5175, brassherald wrote:I will say I tried to get the American Presidents Mafia
as close to normal as possible
. Knowledge of the American Presidents, pre-Reagan (I have maintained the decision on suggestion by Pine[?] that the newest possible president is Jimmy Carter) is not necessary either.
from the queue thread for reference
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:18 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Can we just stop and talk about how Nauci and I played *one game* (my first game!) together? I readily admit I don’t have a magic way to read her. She seems certain that the ways I’m playing like last game are sure indicators that I’m scum, and the ways things aren’t the same are sure indicators that I’m scum. Like??

Pedit: oh good I would not enjoy if I were the target of a Lyncher
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:19 pm

Post by skitter30 »

my scumread of you has little to do with that game tbh
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:21 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Okay, but that’s not the case for Nauci
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:22 pm

Post by skitter30 »

very true, and i agree that if you just had the one scumgame idk how super reliable that meta is tbh
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:24 pm

Post by skitter30 »

or at least, it isn't really reliable for me because i can't cold meta that well and you don't have a large bank of scum and/or towngames to compare to; i'd need more data to try to draw a pattern if i don't have first-hand experience
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Right so what do you think about Nauci’s insistence on doing so
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i can understand where she's coming from because she actually has that first-hand experience so she's using that to try to read you. that makes sense to me, and how i usually approach these sorts of things if i actually have recent first-hand experience; i have a fairly decent track record with that.

i really don't know if her conclusions are necessarily accurate tho without spending a lot more time studying that game and the scum pt for that game, which i may or may not do; it depends how much time i have/feel like spending on meta.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 676, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 653, skitter30 wrote:I never classified you as townie with bad reads, and my read has since degraded from 'minor townlean' to 'idk how to sort this guy right now because I see a lot of concerning things even though I liked his very early game'; this morning we even had a convo about me not sure how to sort you, and I haven't expressed a change in my read of you since then. idk why you're asking me if I 'finally scumread you', or like why you're framing my read of you as 'scum who wants to mislynch me' given that I never said anything of the sort.

I also haven't said recently that I like your posts.

Honestly I dont know where you're getting most of this post from because very little of it reflects my stance on you.

Can you answer the 'is English ur first language' question please?
(Surely you must think I’m scum though trying to pro-actively misslynch you or a townie with bad reasons to scumread you.. because you have refuted/argued every single point, and also noted I’ve grossly misrepresented you... and said my tone is fake..?) looks like you’re not being lynched D1 so I’ll have to re-look at my read of you D2 :cool:

Yes, English is my first language.
still catching up. you guys bombard the thread every time i turn around... lmao. :lol:

that’s a possible scum-indication on skitter that I had not observed—re: consistently focusing on refuting a certain person’s points who looks town in an attempt to spread doubt/confusion. like, i sincerely don’t understand cases against keyser being scum right now—it’s much easier to assume he’s town this day phase. and plus, spreading doubt about highly townread players is something i’ve done as scum before, so i’m going to have to note your observation here, keyser.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:35 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 765, stungun0404 wrote:re:
consistently focusing on refuting a certain person’s
points who looks town in an attempt to spread doubt/confusion.
oh, i do that to everyone if i think they're wrong; my read on him isn't really relevant.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:36 pm

Post by Nauci »

T_T cutting my write up on my naughty list because my smashed thumb looks infected af and I should go see a doctor (who wants to see pics!!).

Hopefully I can type it up tonight or tomorrow

I have thoughts on the ones that aren't Irrelephant11 but I was reading their past games because I don't know much about them. Maybe I'll dive the town reads later too, but I'm starting a 9-6 programming boot camp on Thursday so maybe I just have to forego the meta work :o
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:40 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 766, skitter30 wrote:
In post 765, stungun0404 wrote:re:
consistently focusing on refuting a certain person’s
points who looks town in an attempt to spread doubt/confusion.
oh, i do that to everyone if i think they're wrong; my read on him isn't really relevant.
Am I scum spreading lies about you, missrepping you, to get you misslynched? YES or NO

Or am I simply a townie who is wrong about you? :lol:
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:44 pm

Post by skitter30 »

oh, to clarify in case i worded that badly, i meant that my read on you has little to do with the fact that i'm refuting your points; i'm doing that cuz i think you're wrong.

you're ~nullscum atm; i'm not entirely sure that you were misrepping me on purpose so much as misreading things and not understanding what i meant.

like i don't think that 'misrepping me and spreading lies' == 'scum' in this context because i'm not sure if you were, like, doing that on purpose or just misreading me.

i do think you were trying to lynch me though, yes.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:45 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 748, skitter30 wrote:i try not to focus on associatives pre-flip because i kinda get fucked over if i think about it too much without real data, and then tend to find evidence that fits the theory instead of the other way around.

he probably isn't scum with nauci, but i dislike that he lampshaded the associatve in
In post 659, Irrelephant11 wrote:Hey at least now you can all probably see that me/Nauci isn’t s/s wooo
if nauci is scum with him she'd have to have literally started a bussing wagon which i find kinda unlikely.

irrelephant doesn't have a read on tw as far as i can tell?

this is the last time 'the worst' appears in his ISO by ctrl+f; he doesn't mention gemini or 'duck' anywhere at all.
In post 491, Irrelephant11 wrote:I can't read the worst tell me more
shoshin just listed a scumpool of five (incidentally including tw) and he was like, ok, sure, that's cool, lets be buddies now; i don't think that has much significance wrt tw being a potential irrelephant partner. i'm actually more concerned about the buddying he was doing there-ish to shoshin than his tw read, especially since she was focusing more on other players in that pool at the time (ie me), so if tw was theoretically a partner he might not be too worried that town!her had FOS'd partner!tw there. basically i don't think shoshin's scumread of tw there is really significant or indicative of partners either way.
I agree that I can’t see scum-scum in Irrelephant11-Nauci. There are other viable lynches right now.

Unless we got really lucky here and both Nauci and TW are both scum and he’s sacrificing the mafia goon :giggle:

Interesting read though - I may have misunderstood Irrelephants read of TW.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:52 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 503, Irrelephant11 wrote:alright cool

H
e
y
t
o
w
n
i
f
y
o
u
'
r
e
r
e
a
d
y
t
o
w
i
n
s
h
e
e
p
m
e
a
n
d
s
h
o
s
h
i
n

we're buddies and we figured it out
Brother, what did you want us to Sheep you and Shoshin with?

Only Nauci=scum?

What had you ‘figured out’ so confidently?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:55 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 749, Nauci wrote:@Math: wait are you going to actively try to change your meta to be less readable like in this game but also fall on your meta to defend yourself a lot
This one game's just a gag, don't be such a drag
Being hard to read is such a damn mixed bag
Plus I'm town every game, it'd be pretty lame
To ruin all my townplay by never being the same
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:07 pm

Post by brassherald »

Oh
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:07 pm

Post by brassherald »

Hey
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”