NY214: Project Pinecone (Game over! Town wins!)

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:04 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 298, Gustavo wrote:I will always defend myself. Don’t say anything negative about me and I won’t have to respond.

We could end this day with s profli lynch. His buddies will kill me and everyone is happy.
This sounds lots like "Don't scumread me and everything will be fine."

You realize that, right?
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:05 am

Post by Gustavo »

I just read flubber’s 180. I don’t see how that’s worse than profli’s sayung rask is playing against his win condition by no lynching tbh.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:07 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 300, brassherald wrote:
In post 298, Gustavo wrote:I will always defend myself. Don’t say anything negative about me and I won’t have to respond.

We could end this day with s profli lynch. His buddies will kill me and everyone is happy.
This sounds lots like "Don't scumread me and everything will be fine."

You realize that, right?
No. But if you scum read me you have to be prepared for me to defend myself. Players should defend themselves without fear of being called “defensive” which tbh is the most laughable accusation anyone can make. You also need to do it without lying about me.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:08 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Aww fuck I'm super behind now

I'll have an hour to read what I can read some time tomorrow.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:09 am

Post by Ausuka »

That makes sense to me though w/profii? nolynching d1 definitely doesn't help the town. Like, I agree Rask's actions weren't scummy but I feel profii's actions weren't either.
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:48 am

Post by profii »

In post 304, Ausuka wrote:That makes sense to me though w/profii? nolynching d1 definitely doesn't help the town. Like, I agree Rask's actions weren't scummy but I feel profii's actions weren't either.
This is basically my point
I feel like I don’t really understand where Gus is coming from so I’m happy to just leave it and draw a line under it but if Gus wants to explain more I’m happy to listen
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:26 am

Post by Gustavo »

I don’t really understand where you’re coming from by saying no lynching is anti-wincon. That’s not what I’m scum reading you for though. Maybe that’s the issue? I was scum reading you when I voted you. Idk how to put it but your early posts all seem so fake to me. Like you are trying to appear town and it doesn’t come off as genuine. The whole no lynch thing was definitely some more fuel to my fire and maybe that’s why people are so hung up on that. Like I said earlier it looked like you were just throwing more dirt on rask who was already doing a good job making himself look bad and your conclusions to me don’t make sense logically. I’ve never seen anyone say no lynching is playing against their win condition. It’s not like he was going to actually gain momentum for it. Some people I’ve seen argue no lynching helps town and while I don’t agree I understand their logic. I don’t understand yours. I don’t see it coming from town unless they are a newbie which you aren’t. It’s hands down the best information available to us. Definitely better than the reasons others have given (magna for example)
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:30 am

Post by brassherald »

Numbers have been crunched to show that a no lynch on day 1 is statistically inferior to a mislynch for town.

At least it is that way in newbie games, I would assume it holds true in larger games.

(I am a trash person)
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:40 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 307, brassherald wrote:Numbers have been crunched to show that a no lynch on day 1 is statistically inferior to a mislynch for town.

At least it is that way in newbie games, I would assume it holds true in larger games.

(I am a trash person)
Im sure. Hence the I understand but don’t agree.

There is absolutely no evidence though to support that voting no lynch is playing against your win condition yet here we are.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:41 am

Post by profii »

My logic was simply if we no lynch then we cannot remove scum from the game (exception vig)

Therefore it’s bad

Whilst that sounds bad for Rask I’m more interested in seeing how the 3 voters plus flubber get on - it’s easy for scum to say “bad play we must lynch it” so I’d say odds are 1 of those 4 are probably scum
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:45 am

Post by Gustavo »

That’s very naive thinking.

But ok. That’s true but we also don’t remove town from the game.

There are more day 1 mislynches than scum lynches.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:51 am

Post by brassherald »

You get more than just a death out of the lynch, though, you get mod confirmed information. You get a smaller pool to hunt in. You get valuable information to use in Night Kill Analysis. You can perform Vote Count Analysis.

There is not going to be a situation where a day 1 no lynch is the best option unless you start Day 1 in MYLO.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:53 am

Post by Gustavo »

Yes I understand all of that. But to say no lynching is against your win condition is ridiculous. (I’d use a much stronger word but you guys are too sensitive).

I refuse to believe town profli believes that. I tbink he’s scum trying to throw dirt on an easy target.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:59 am

Post by Inferno390 »

I THINK

That it doesn’t matter because it was just an RVS vote (which more often than not is just people jacking around at the beginning anyways) and Rask obviously didn’t actually want a No Lynch anyways, so let’s all stop talking about it because it’s not helping us hunt scum.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:59 am

Post by Inferno390 »

I THINK

That it doesn’t matter because it was just an RVS vote (which more often than not is just people jacking around at the beginning anyways) and Rask obviously didn’t actually want a No Lynch anyways, so let’s all stop talking about it because it’s not helping us hunt scum.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:05 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 313, Inferno390 wrote:I THINK

Not sure you are in the position to criticize people’s scum hunting.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:09 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 164, Gustavo wrote:I have issues with his stances so far. Self voting and no lynch voting aren’t playing against a win condition regardless of alignment. I feel like he should know better since he’s not a newbie.

He does need to make less wordy posts though. That’s why they come off as iioa
In post 306, Gustavo wrote:I don’t really understand where you’re coming from by saying no lynching is anti-wincon. That’s not what I’m scum reading you for though. Maybe that’s the issue? I was scum reading you when I voted you. Idk how to put it but your early posts all seem so fake to me. Like you are trying to appear town and it doesn’t come off as genuine. The whole no lynch thing was definitely some more fuel to my fire and maybe that’s why people are so hung up on that. Like I said earlier it looked like you were just throwing more dirt on rask who was already doing a good job making himself look bad and your conclusions to me don’t make sense logically. I’ve never seen anyone say no lynching is playing against their win condition. It’s not like he was going to actually gain momentum for it. Some people I’ve seen argue no lynching helps town and while I don’t agree I understand their logic. I don’t understand yours. I don’t see it coming from town unless they are a newbie which you aren’t. It’s hands down the best information available to us. Definitely better than the reasons others have given (magna for example)
Someone read these and let me know if they find any discrepancies. Thanks.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:13 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 315, Gustavo wrote:
In post 313, Inferno390 wrote:I THINK

Not sure you are in the position to criticize people’s scum hunting.
How many posts have I made that involve me trying to actually discuss points and and do hunting?
And how many posts have you made about me complaining that I’m a liar and not actually contributing to a kind and calm discussion?
Thanks. Have a great day.

Inferno390 GTKAS

profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:19 am

Post by profii »

In post 312, Gustavo wrote:Yes I understand all of that. But to say no lynching is against your win condition is ridiculous. (I’d use a much stronger word but you guys are too sensitive).

I refuse to believe town profli believes that. I tbink he’s scum trying to throw dirt on an easy target.
I would 100% say this any game any alignment. (Well any normal without weird rules)

It’s NAI

I’d rather take a x% chance of hitting a scum vs a guaranteed 0% chance

It’s just a statistic

Anyway, point made, we are out of RVS - I’m not voting Rask for it because there hasnt been much else there. I’m moving on

I think it’s fair to say we just play the game differently - it’s not a criticism, variety is just the spice of life
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:41 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 297, davesaz wrote:@MoI re 244 -- your Flubber case seems to rest on a single post, am I reading that right?
Yes. My "case" (which really isn't a case but an observation of an actual scummy post in the first 24 hours of the game) rests on that post.

Do you have an issue with that?

Also why are you still voting brass which was an RVS vote?

--

Also want to say that Gustavo has made it into my scum pool with his posting this page. His posting feels not like someone honestly looking for scum but someone bending over backwards and contorting to justify his claimed read. I think embodies this best. That's not an intellectually honest statement but one meant to support his stance that profii is scum.

Have a third darkhorse read from a quick readthrough I did before dinner but will have to wait to post that read for ... reasons ...

I mean frankly while his verbiage is rather oddball the basis of profii's statement about No Lynching Day 1 stands up to reason - it is not to Town's benefit to No Lynch Day 1 regardless of the fact that a mislynch statistically is more likely to happen than a scum lynch.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by Gustavo »

In post 317, Inferno390 wrote:How many posts have I made that involve me trying to actually discuss points and and do hunting?
And how many posts have you made about me complaining that I’m a liar and not actually contributing to a kind and calm discussion?
Thanks. Have a great day.
You haven’t made that many actually. I had to start the calm discussion remember? I caught you lying, you tried to yell I caught you making more lies, you claim I was evasive, you got mad somebody stand up to you and you vote me.

You aren’t scum. You have a hurt ego.

Good day sir
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:11 pm

Post by Gustavo »

In post 319, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 297, davesaz wrote:@MoI re 244 -- your Flubber case seems to rest on a single post, am I reading that right?
Yes. My "case" (which really isn't a case but an observation of an actual scummy post in the first 24 hours of the game) rests on that post.

Do you have an issue with that?

Also why are you still voting brass which was an RVS vote?

--

Also want to say that Gustavo has made it into my scum pool with his posting this page. His posting feels not like someone honestly looking for scum but someone bending over backwards and contorting to justify his claimed read. I think embodies this best. That's not an intellectually honest statement but one meant to support his stance that profii is scum.

Have a third darkhorse read from a quick readthrough I did before dinner but will have to wait to post that read for ... reasons ...

I mean frankly while his verbiage is rather oddball the basis of profii's statement about No Lynching Day 1 stands up to reason - it is not to Town's benefit to No Lynch Day 1 regardless of the fact that a mislynch statistically is more likely to happen than a scum lynch.
Another person with a bruised ego? I see you ignored my post that showed you are a hypocrite. For the record, there is literally nothing wrong with my posting this page or any other page.

If town, profli’s conclusion to no voting is so dumb, and dumb is nice because it’s so dumb it’s worse than the word I used earlier which triggered people.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:15 pm

Post by Gustavo »

Y’all can go ahead and lynch me. My earlier statement about the people in this game stands.

VOTE: gustavo
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 322, Gustavo wrote:Y’all can go ahead and lynch me. My earlier statement about the people in this game stands.

VOTE: gustavo
Let this serve as a formal warning -

Play nice with others, or you will be replaced.

Play to your wincon, or you will be replaced.

A second warning will not be given.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:24 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 108, Flubbernugget wrote:I think inferno flails by now if they're scum

I don't feel like entertaining elbrin's schtick as scum. Will entertain an inferno tunnel as scum.

I'll read the worst trolling as the wagon grows on them as town for now
Don't understand this post (inferno there?) (what does the 2nd sentence mean?) (tw trolling as the wagon grows on them?)
In post 115, Skygazer wrote:Agreed. In my onion I think the first reaction test (elbirn) is fine but the second one (rask) a bit LAMIST especially considering he never really followed up on it other than his read on inferno.
VOTE: rask
I could understand a straight scumread but scumreading something like this too-town when I don't see how it'd come off towny makes me feel you read it knowing I'm town
saying I haven't really followed it up is kind of overly obtuse as well given the timeframe (very soon) but I also don't get it since even at that point I commented on davesz, inferno and maybe a bit on elbirn?

Profii hesitating on AI judgments as stated though claiming it's his style so ehhh unless contradicted. Ironically closest thing to a judgement is calling out as political (non-committal) but also he's soft on how ai that is heh

Gustavo is kinda just wrong wrt self vote or d1 nl relating to wincon (though that's assuming a complete straight take on both and not RVS and whatnot other factors) but reads as though he genuinely does believe in what he's saying. as opposed to scum pushing something they actually know is BS for an agenda, and also gustavo is easily new enough for that take to be plausible. logically right or logically wrong doesnt really mean much unless the agenda looks malicious
deranged and incoherent
?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”