NY214: Project Pinecone (Game over! Town wins!)

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:52 am

Post by brassherald »

Gustavo, is English your first language?

I'm not at all trying to be insulting, but I feel like the answer to this is important to my read right now.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:57 am

Post by Gustavo »

yes it is, I don't speak any other languages. why do you ask such a weird question?
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:58 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 374, Inferno390 wrote:@Gustavo
And what exactly are your reasons for calling Profii scum?
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:01 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 336, Flubbernugget wrote:Read up to page 11.

All this "liar"talk gives me a feeling that Gustavo is being a pedant wrt inferno. I will have to confirm via iso eventually

The case on me is weak sauce. Something about coasting being scummy but not willing to call scum over it. As a rule of thumb, voting someone over one tell is a bad idea
What do you mean by “Pedant?”
I wouldn’t say voting on one tell is a bad idea, but I’d argue that your “coasting” is NAI.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:04 am

Post by Gustavo »

I’ve already provided reasons. Asking questions that have already been answered isn’t chill.

Also to maintain the chill I’m ignoring you as best as I can. The fact you picked a fight with me and then tried to play the victim is disgusting and regardless of your alignment I have no respect for you.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:07 am

Post by profii »

In post 353, the worst wrote:pretty sure we have two obvscum already. I'm intentionally withholding my vote until I'm satisfied with a couple of things :]
Lol I’m doing the same thing and you were one of the people but I think I’m towning you for doing that
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:09 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 376, Gustavo wrote:yes it is, I don't speak any other languages. why do you ask such a weird question?
Because for some reason, every time anyone says anything about you or to you, you come in with a wild misinterpretation of what they are saying.

The only explanation I could come up with other than you are being intentionally difficult to deal with is that you speak another language as your primary language.

I'm reading a few things you've been saying and wondering how you are missing the plain meaning of the words.

I'm not seeing your play as pro-town at all, and at this point, don't understand why anyone's playstyle would be to just misinterpret everything.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:10 am

Post by profii »

In post 357, Gustavo wrote:
In post 342, profii wrote:Ok so now we have Rask content... easily town
Why does content = town?
Nah the content he provided was town, I just couldn’t be bothered to pick anything out... I’m interpreting being chill as an excuse to be lazy haha
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:12 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 382, profii wrote:
Why does content = town?
Nah the content he provided was town, I just couldn’t be bothered to pick anything out... I’m interpreting being chill as an excuse to be lazy haha
By the way, this is a perfect example of what I just said.

I feel like anyone could have read Profii's post and figured out what he meant, but not Gus, who apparently only speaks English.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:12 am

Post by Gustavo »

I don’t believe I’ve misinterpreted anything. Feel free to show me where you think I have and I’ll correct you or admit my mistake if you actually find something
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:13 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 383, brassherald wrote:
Why does content = town?

I feel like anyone could have read Profii's post and figured out what he meant, but not Gus, who apparently only speaks English.
Well then you are mistake. 1. Profli wasn’t clear. 2. Now he’s clarified, I disagree. The posts rask made don’t make him obv town.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:14 am

Post by Gustavo »

Mistaken*
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:20 am

Post by Gustavo »

I’m sorry I don’t just assume things. There was nothing wrong with asking profli to clarify
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:26 am

Post by brassherald »

I'm sure I'm "mistaken" on this one too, but you misintepreted Inferno saying you had a lack of contribution to mean you had done nothing when that is not what lack of contribution means.

Anyone can build up the most posts in the game without actually doing anything and 73 posts in, I really feel like you just keep picking fights that come down to twisting other people's words and then claiming everyone is twisting your words.

I have no explanation for this, and your explanation is probably going to be "No, you're wrong" but, feel free to tell me I'm wrong.

P-Edit: I'm not just talking about assumptions, I'm talking about reading something and figuring out what the words actually mean rather than being way too literal and seemingly misunderstanding them.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:28 am

Post by profii »

In post 385, Gustavo wrote:
In post 383, brassherald wrote:
Why does content = town?

Well then you are mistake. 1. Profli wasn’t clear. 2. Now he’s clarified, I disagree. The posts rask made don’t make him obv town.
so how do you feel about the Rask slot?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:46 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 370, Gustavo wrote:and I haven't see good reasons as to why my read on profli is wrong.
The way I understand your profii case, it's strictly because "no-lynching is not anti-wincon". Is this correct?
If it is correct, I absolutely think this reasoning is wrong. No-lynching D1 absolutely is anti-wincon (for town).
If there is something more to it, you have not explained what the something more is, and doing so might help.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:47 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 388, brassherald wrote:I'm sure I'm "mistaken" on this one too, but you misintepreted Inferno saying you had a lack of contribution to mean you had done nothing when that is not what lack of contribution means.
He said "lack of contribution"
I said " i contributed"
He response "I don't like your contribution"

His first post was contradicted by his 2nd post. It was just a mistake or it was a lie. Since he didn't correct himself, I interpret that as a lie. I am standing firm on this one. That was a straight up lie by him. It wasn't his only one either.

Anyone can build up the most posts in the game without actually doing anything and 73 posts in, I really feel like you just keep picking fights that come down to twisting other people's words and then claiming everyone is twisting your words.
inferno picked a fight with me, I haven't pick a fight with anyone. When a person lies about somebody else, they are the one picking the fight. So go blame inferno for the fight that happened.

also I can make as many posts as I want, not every post has to have content but a majority of my posts are actually game relevant. They are either responding to other players or are helping me explain my thoughts about my scum reads. If you have an issue about the amount of posts I am making, sorry I can't really help you there. I'm trying to be chill but i am also trying to play the game.

P-Edit: I'm not just talking about assumptions, I'm talking about reading something and figuring out what the words actually mean rather than being way too literal and seemingly misunderstanding them.
That post by profli was very vague and that was how I interpreted it. I wanted to make sure my interpretation was correct.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:47 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 389, profii wrote:so how do you feel about the Rask slot?
null
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:49 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 387, Gustavo wrote:I’m sorry I don’t just assume things. There was nothing wrong with asking profli to clarify
This I actually agree with. I saw profii's post and did read it as "the content provided" not just "now that there is content", but I didn't see anything in Rask's posts that was
obv
town.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:55 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 378, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 336, Flubbernugget wrote:Read up to page 11.

All this "liar"talk gives me a feeling that Gustavo is being a pedant wrt inferno. I will have to confirm via iso eventually

The case on me is weak sauce. Something about coasting being scummy but not willing to call scum over it. As a rule of thumb, voting someone over one tell is a bad idea
What do you mean by “Pedant?”
I wouldn’t say voting on one tell is a bad idea, but I’d argue that your “coasting” is NAI.
I'd guess that he means exactly what the dictionary says.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:58 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 390, davesaz wrote:
In post 370, Gustavo wrote:and I haven't see good reasons as to why my read on profli is wrong.
The way I understand your profii case, it's strictly because "no-lynching is not anti-wincon". Is this correct?
If it is correct, I absolutely think this reasoning is wrong. No-lynching D1 absolutely is anti-wincon (for town).
If there is something more to it, you have not explained what the something more is, and doing so might help.
Well then your understanding is wrong. It would be helpful if you actually read my posts.
In post 306, Gustavo wrote:I don’t really understand where you’re coming from by saying no lynching is anti-wincon. That’s not what I’m scum reading you for though. Maybe that’s the issue? I was scum reading you when I voted you. Idk how to put it but your early posts all seem so fake to me. Like you are trying to appear town and it doesn’t come off as genuine. The whole no lynch thing was definitely some more fuel to my fire and maybe that’s why people are so hung up on that. Like I said earlier it looked like you were just throwing more dirt on rask who was already doing a good job making himself look bad and your conclusions to me don’t make sense logically. I’ve never seen anyone say no lynching is playing against their win condition. It’s not like he was going to actually gain momentum for it. Some people I’ve seen argue no lynching helps town and while I don’t agree I understand their logic. I don’t understand yours. I don’t see it coming from town unless they are a newbie which you aren’t. It’s hands down the best information available to us. Definitely better than the reasons others have given (magna for example)
HitAlt
HitAlt
Goon
HitAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:01 am

Post by HitAlt »

@ausuka, how would you rate/describe your own scum game?
In your own words, don't need to go in depth, but would appreciate more than "I suck" or "I'm good".
I am Alt. Hope it's a hit.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:02 am

Post by davesaz »

Thanks.
In post 306, Gustavo wrote:I was scum reading you when I voted you. Idk how to put it but your early posts all seem so fake to me. Like you are trying to appear town and it doesn’t come off as genuine.
Please quote and analyze.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:10 am

Post by Gustavo »

nah
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:13 am

Post by Inferno390 »

I would like to point this out.
In post 164, Gustavo wrote:I have issues with his stances so far. Self voting and no lynch voting aren’t playing against a win condition regardless of alignment. I feel like he should know better since he’s not a newbie.

He does need to make less wordy posts though. That’s why they come off as iioa
This post clearly contradicts what Gustavo is claiming his read is based off of right now.
Which is why I asked that question earlier.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”