Mafia 75: Return of the Mafia! TOWN WINS (really late)

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:37 am

Post by armlx »

Too lazy to find games now, but have you heard of the stereotype of the poisoned punch bowl?
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:41 am

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:Too lazy to find games now, but have you heard of the stereotype of the poisoned punch bowl?
No. I'd still like you to find me games. Hell, even 1 game would do for now. :P

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:46 am

Post by armlx »

Quite frankly, I'm going back and having trouble finding a single game with a cult, let alone one with a cult kill. I know it has been discussed before several times.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:57 am

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:Quite frankly, I'm going back and having trouble finding a single game with a cult, let alone one with a cult kill. I know it has been discussed before several times.
You tried Cultafia?

The only completed game i can think of is my own Doctor Who Mafia. The cult victims were 'deleted' according to the flavour.

Keep searching please.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Matt_S »

This game has random mafia kill methods, including poison. So poison killing isn't necessarily a cult thing. However, given that we still have three kills after lynching the serial killer, something's definitely up. The cult recruit having a kill would explain pretty much everything.

On another note, I was debating with myself whether to go back to Peers, or follow through with my suspicions on killa seven or TheSweatpantsNinja. Given that killa seven does seem to be naturally scummy, I'll leave him alone for now. And since I fear a chain of OMGUS if I vote TheSweatpantsNinja now, I'll
Vote Peers
. He slipped away when Rosso's lynching came up. For your convenience, my initial points against him:
Matt_S wrote:
Matt_S wrote:I'm looking at Peers for tomorrow. His last two posts are perfect to explain my suspicions.
Peers wrote:
Vote: killa

Yeah, I'll join the wagon. Let's see if we can get a worth-while claim out of this.
He was questioned a lot on what would be a worthwhile claim, yet he never answered. And it sounds like he's only wagoning in order to get a claim.
Peers wrote:
armlx wrote:We still have a week to talk people, no need to lynch right now.
Translation: "Hey, maybe if you guys ignore my scumbuddy you'll convince people to lynch a hapless town role instead", right?
Translation: "I can't let this guy hunt more scum or I'll be dead tomorrow!"
Yeah, I've convinced myself.
Vote Peers
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Matt_S wrote:This game has random mafia kill methods, including poison. So poison killing isn't necessarily a cult thing. However, given that we still have three kills after lynching the serial killer, something's definitely up. The cult recruit having a kill would explain pretty much everything.

On another note, I was debating with myself whether to go back to Peers, or follow through with my suspicions on killa seven or TheSweatpantsNinja. Given that killa seven does seem to be naturally scummy, I'll leave him alone for now. And since I fear a chain of OMGUS if I vote TheSweatpantsNinja now, I'll
Vote Peers
. He slipped away when Rosso's lynching came up. For your convenience, my initial points against him:
Matt_S wrote:
Matt_S wrote:I'm looking at Peers for tomorrow. His last two posts are perfect to explain my suspicions.
Peers wrote:
Vote: killa

Yeah, I'll join the wagon. Let's see if we can get a worth-while claim out of this.
He was questioned a lot on what would be a worthwhile claim, yet he never answered. And it sounds like he's only wagoning in order to get a claim.
Peers wrote:
armlx wrote:We still have a week to talk people, no need to lynch right now.
Translation: "Hey, maybe if you guys ignore my scumbuddy you'll convince people to lynch a hapless town role instead", right?
Translation: "I can't let this guy hunt more scum or I'll be dead tomorrow!"
Yeah, I've convinced myself.
Vote Peers
Chain of OMGUS? I dont understand. :?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Matt_S »

Battle Mage wrote:Chain of OMGUS? I dont understand.
I vote TheSweatpantsNinja, he votes me. Killa seven also votes me to be consistent with his stance yesterday. Then I vote killa seven. People start getting mad at me, I vote them, etc.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

(2) think very hard;
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:36 am

Post by killa seven »

Matt_S wrote:
I vote TheSweatpantsNinja, he votes me. Killa seven also votes me to be consistent with his stance yesterday. Then I vote killa seven. People start getting mad at me, I vote them, etc.
you sound guilty, i never voted you or fo'd you, i only called you out on one thing. you look very scummy at the moment. i dont remember you voting for me yesterday, dont confuse killa sven 1 with killa seven 2 thank you.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:45 am

Post by Battle Mage »

killa seven wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
you sound guilty, i never voted you or fo'd you, i only called you out on one thing. you look very scummy at the moment. i dont remember you voting for me yesterday, dont confuse killa sven 1 with killa seven 2 thank you.
Actually i dont see why he cant compare K7 1's suspicions with K7 2's...
I mean, if you are the same person, theres no reason why you wouldnt hold similar views if you were the same affiliation.

Mind you, fear of confrontation is kinda scummy Matt...

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:55 am

Post by Matt_S »

killa seven wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
I'm telling a story of what will happen, not of what already did happen. I'm free to add any creativity I want to prophecies.
Battle Mage wrote:Mind you, fear of confrontation is kinda scummy Matt...
Then vote for me. Just because I don't think voting for TheSweatpantsNinja now will lead to anything constructive doesn't mean I'm afraid of confrontation. OMGUS voting is hardly real confrontation anyways. It's just a distraction.
Show

(2) think very hard;
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:22 am

Post by dahill1 »

upon rereading khelvaster (animorph), he was always wishy washy about BM. one post he would be defending BM, the next attacking him.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by Toaster Strudel »

dahill1 wrote:upon rereading khelvaster (animorph), he was always wishy washy about BM. one post he would be defending BM, the next attacking him.
Indeed, and I am EXTREMELY leery of the Miller/Hider claim, that's the kind of claim that's just tooooo scummalicious.

The Miller/Hider claim explains two of the problems that scum might encounter in a game. The first problem is that they may be investigated and found guilty. Conveniently, BM declared himself a miller. The second problem is that the scum must explain his continued survival night after night. This is especially important if we have living vig, and the miller doesn't get nigthkilled and continues to live. So "hider" and "miller" makes a perfect combo for a scum claim.

Also, I see BM is very active and scheming. That's his scum persona, not his town persona.

The Miller/Hider claim is the real clincher. I don't believe it. I believe that BM is just plain scum.

vote: Battle Mage
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:12 pm

Oh, ans something else I'm just thinking of, a Hider claim is also useful for a scum because it might keep the vig at bay.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Toaster Strudel wrote:
dahill1 wrote:upon rereading khelvaster (animorph), he was always wishy washy about BM. one post he would be defending BM, the next attacking him.
Indeed, and I am EXTREMELY leery of the Miller/Hider claim, that's the kind of claim that's just tooooo scummalicious.

The Miller/Hider claim explains two of the problems that scum might encounter in a game. The first problem is that they may be investigated and found guilty. Conveniently, BM declared himself a miller. The second problem is that the scum must explain his continued survival night after night. This is especially important if we have living vig, and the miller doesn't get nigthkilled and continues to live. So "hider" and "miller" makes a perfect combo for a scum claim.

Also, I see BM is very active and scheming. That's his scum persona, not his town persona.

The Miller/Hider claim is the real clincher. I don't believe it. I believe that BM is just plain scum.

Please 'splain Rosso's guilty on him first.
Show

(2) think very hard;
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Toaster Strudel wrote:

QFT i was going to write something like this in my next post but you pretty much summed it up
Vote BM
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:18 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Dear dahill1,
Matt_S wrote:Please 'splain Rosso's guilty on him first.
Show

(2) think very hard;
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:19 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Matt_S wrote:Dear dahill1,
oops
unvote

that does make a huge hole in my argument
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by skitzer »

On the poisoning: I was in a game where the Mafia had a poisoner, but it was delayed. So, saying that the cult recruit was a poisoner, they may have been recruited night 0, notified of recruitment and poisoned someone night 1, and their first victim died and they poisoned another last night.

Also, BM is looking very scummy today.

FoS: BM
tonight's the night the vig should get 'em, if we don't lynch him first.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by dahill1 »

dahill1 wrote:
Matt_S wrote:Dear dahill1,
oops
unvote

that does make a huge hole in my argument
EBWOP: the part about the khelvaster/BM connection
he still could be cult
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Duh, BM is scum?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
VanDamien
VanDamien
Goon
VanDamien
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by VanDamien »

Matt_S wrote: Please 'splain Rosso's guilty on him first.
Cult also = scum.

Vote: Battle Mage
Fnord is the whole donut.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by dahill1 »

VanDamien wrote:Cult also = scum
revote BM

sorry meant to do this last post
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:27 pm

Duh, BM is scum?

Like Goofball says.
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:35 pm

For clarity's sake.

Normally, one would expect a cult cop to get a "guilty" on cults, and "not guilty" on non-cults.

However, Rosso seems to have gotten a "guilty" on a miller - but I too would expect that a miller would be innocent to a cult cop. However, BM was guilty to Rosso. This must mean that BM was culted. A culted miller/hider? That cannot be suffered to live.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:11 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

need to reread the end of the day yesterday..I thought Ani's contentless post/vote on RC looked suspicious...

BM, did you ever indicate that you felt Ani was scummy yesterday?....anyway, going to read...more later.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”