NY214: Project Pinecone (Game over! Town wins!)

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:35 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Yeah, I’m gonna have a v/la on Friday at least. Getting my wisdom teeth removed that day, so I’ll probably be in no condition to make logical discussion until Saturday at the earliest.

V/LA acknowledged.
Last edited by Pine on Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:41 am

Post by the worst »

#anaesthesiaposting
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:43 am

Post by Inferno390 »

So I was reading back through looking to generate discussion and found this:
In post 85, davesaz wrote:I kinda like the effort to make content from both of them.
Liking it doesn't mean I find it AI, any alignment can feel a need to make content happen.
This is really non-commital. The thought pattern feels off too. Thoughts?
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:44 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 426, the worst wrote:#anaesthesiaposting
Lol YAAAAAAAAS

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:47 am

Post by Inferno390 »

I also want to hear more from Chickadee and anyone with less than 20 posts.

Inferno390 GTKAS

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:50 am

Post by the worst »

out of sheer respect for Pine and excitement to be part of a fantastic list I am forcing my fluffposting down a LOT.

but if you feel like you need more from me lmk.
HitAlt
HitAlt
Goon
HitAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:35 am

Post by HitAlt »

I need to get to posting so that I'm above that 20 post mark.
I'd hate to be under any scrutiny.
I am Alt. Hope it's a hit.
HitAlt
HitAlt
Goon
HitAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:37 am

Post by HitAlt »

This universally slow pace of posting also means that I might have meta-dived every single one of you by the end of the game.
That is what I tend to do when I'm bored.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:01 pm

Post by the worst »

can you teach me how to meta well?
HitAlt
HitAlt
Goon
HitAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:11 pm

Post by HitAlt »

In post 433, the worst wrote:can you teach me how to meta well?
Try to binge-read multiple different games in a row, or simultaneously. It helps when you are getting started with a player you're unfamiliar with since it's easier to notice certain quirks happen in multiple games.
Every time I notice a clear similarity, I'll make a note of it and then try to find a scenario where there's a contradiction.
And then if that contradiction is connected to a different alignment, you just might have a basis for a tell. (or a "metaread" as people like to say)

When you get better at it, you start to notice the similarities and differences in word choices and reactions to certain things almost automatically.
Like for example, I have found two players (shall go unnamed in this game since they are not part of it) who always have the same reaction to being voted themselves
when they are scum.

And apparently they don't realize what they do differently, probably because they think they are acting as they "should" act as town.
So they just keep doing the same thing, and I get more confident every time..
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:14 pm

Post by the worst »

That is super spicy tyvm.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:19 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 435, the worst wrote:That is super spicy tyvm.
It's like a curry.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

You all have waaaaaay too much time on your hands if you can binge read games
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:42 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Ausuka deff looks the worst out of all players on my wagon.

I want to look at the other two wagons and still need to put all my town reads down on paper
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Looks like enough of you are really going to just ignore the “Chill means not having more than double the posts of the median player in the game” element of the game so I’m going to have to put together a wall to gather my thoughts. Oh I can hear the cried now “Wall suck, I hate having to read” blah blah blah. You all brought this on yourselves (and by all I mean those people how have a stupid amount of posts currently).

At this stage I have a few soft Town reads – Inferno, Elbirn, Rask and Ausuka. Looking at the first three is should be pretty clear why … they each took risks with the way the opened the game and used those risks to generate discussion and movement out of luzl RVS territory. From there each has continued to be looking at players from an alignment standpoint enough for my tastes to say “you get an early Day 1 Town read”. Reason for Ausuka – look first at . Unless more than 1 of the group of profii / Inferno / Gust are scum I think her willingness to take a quasi controversial stance on those who drew early attention to themselves and got flack speaks to thinking beyond just the surface level of posts. In full disclosure she was willing to help build the mini wagon on Flubber so she gets Town points from me on that also.

Then we have my scum reads. Very first is of course Flubber. Early pressure for scummy posting is y no means a bad thing despite what his response at and he either fails or purposefully doesn’t get why his post was scummy. Not specifically that Flubber was fence-sitting on Rask (which he was) but that he used an absolutely bogus reason to say he was scummy. Does anyone believe for a second that any player can be “coasting” less than 24 hours into the start of a game? Or that a Town Flubber would make that the tentpole of why Rask would be scummy.

This is the spot where I’d talk about my Gustavo read in more depth but given he was so obstinate as to argue with Pine about Pine’s own game it is possible he's just a newb with an under-developed worldview. I’m resetting that slot to a Null lean scum at the moment since I think I should be able to sort Andy out.

Still have my 3rd darkhorse scum read but waiting on the thing I was waiting on last night there. So it will remain a mystery until I get movement.

@Andy
- Good to see you my friend. Last we talked you were retired from Mafia. More time in life now for it? Also … your predecessor looked very newb scum to me so if you are indeed Town with me here show me the obv Andy Towniness before you start bread loafing around.

@Chicakdee
– When you get back if you aren’t already planning I’d like your gut best four or five scum suspects.

@Flubber
– Why in did you not specifically point out who is not “in pursuit of other reads”? I see you’ve said Ausuka looks worst of those on you … does that me you think she wasn’t looking for reads outside of you? I need to look at Button’s game again to see how you reacted to votes there because a 3 player wagon Day 1 of a Large game hardly seems like it absolutely merits “Must be scum here” from the votee.

Davesaz
– Any reason you just ignored the question in ?

@Inferno
– You do get that having more than 20 posts in a 48 hour period is not something to be proud of, right? This will veer into MD territory but spam / meme posting is a huge part of the problem with the MS culture and a big reason for the poor Town performances in the last few years. I mean part of me wants to quote my post from the only game I ever replaced out of due to spamming and the fact that those I pointed out as culpable for ruining the environment of the game had a disproportionate amount of scum compared to the population of the game.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:08 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 429, Inferno390 wrote:I also want to hear more from Chickadee and anyone with less than 20 posts.
I would also like to hear more from me. My focus is going to be on this game tonight, so I should be able to get some stuff down. I got really uninvested during the last few pages, which made it hard for me to contribute.
In post 438, Flubbernugget wrote:Ausuka deff looks the worst out of all players on my wagon.

I want to look at the other two wagons and still need to put all my town reads down on paper
I'd like to hear more about this, because at the moment, Ausuka is in my town pile.

@Magna, our thoughts are lining up a lot right now. I don't know that I have enough to really have 4 or 5 scumspects. I have more town reads than scum reads at the moment, but I will absolutely check in with this as my reads form more.

Specifically, I have the same town list as you right now. Inferno, Elbirn, Rask and Ausuka. I might even throw in TW, but I'm unsure as of right now. And so far I would say I'm getting town vibes from you, but I think I need some more time with you to sort you better.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:10 pm

Post by Chickadee »

Actually Flubber, could you talk specifically about why other people on your wagon are better, rather than why Ausuka is worse?

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:11 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 440, Chickadee wrote:@Magna, our thoughts are lining up a lot right now. I don't know that I have enough to really have 4 or 5 scumspects. I have more town reads than scum reads at the moment, but I will absolutely check in with this as my reads form more.
Even if you don't have solid reads per see ... just let me see some pure gut reaction scum reads as soon as you can. I know postgame of TheList we had the discussion where I encouraged you to follow your gut given how nicely it worked there. It is indeed early I just wanted to see what you came up with here.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:15 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 442, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 440, Chickadee wrote:@Magna, our thoughts are lining up a lot right now. I don't know that I have enough to really have 4 or 5 scumspects. I have more town reads than scum reads at the moment, but I will absolutely check in with this as my reads form more.
Even if you don't have solid reads per see ... just let me see some pure gut reaction scum reads as soon as you can. I know postgame of TheList we had the discussion where I encouraged you to follow your gut given how nicely it worked there. It is indeed early I just wanted to see what you came up with here.
Yea, I knew that's where that request was coming from. I've kept it to heart. The feedback you gave me actually meant a lot. Let me skim back through the thread, and I'll get back to you.

Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:18 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 439, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Does anyone believe for a second that any player can be “coasting” less than 24 hours into the start of a game? Or that a Town Flubber would make that the tentpole of why Rask would be scummy.
If it were a suspicion worthy of conviction I would have voted there.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:24 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 439, MagnaofIllusion wrote:@Flubber – Why in 367 did you not specifically point out who is not “in pursuit of other reads”? I see you’ve said Ausuka looks worst of those on you … does that me you think she wasn’t looking for reads outside of you? I need to look at Button’s game again to see how you reacted to votes there because a 3 player wagon Day 1 of a Large game hardly seems like it absolutely merits “Must be scum here” from the votee.
Well I'm being scum read off one post, sheeped off that reasoning, and a permanent scum read for one of the players in that wagon. I'm justified in finding that suspicious.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:25 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

And nobody has 100% only pursued me as a single read. Ausuka deff comes the closest though.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by Chickadee »

This is where I am before looking back through things. I'm going to start from the bottom of this list and work my way up in ISO's. Each section is not necessarily in order, but the sections at the top stand out as more towny in my mind. The top section is really the only people I would absolutely not lynch today.

Elbirn
Raskolnikov
Inferno390
Ausuka

MagnaofIllusion
the worst

xyzzy
Andrius
HeWhoSwims
dramonic
HitAlt
Profii
Skygazer
davesaz

brassherald
Flubbernugget

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:39 pm

Post by the worst »

what if I told you brass is town?
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:41 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

@Magna:
I’m not sure why you’re getting so upset over the amount of posts I have. Yes, I will agree that I have considerably more posts than many other people in this game, but it’s not like I’m just sitting here being spammy. I have been at least trying to produce game relavant content, whether it’s generating discussion or defndimg myself of pressuring others. And though I have made some fluff, this was not intended to be a super aggressive game and I’ve kept it to a low amount. I am also posting from mobile most of the time, which means that I am going to generate smaller posts most of the time because I don’t want to spend 20 minutes typing on a phone.
But I’m a player that likes to stay in the thick of things because it helps me get reads on people. I’m gonna be pretty active. It’s part of my playstyle. If I want people to people to post more, it’s because I want them to provide more to the discussion so I have more info to work with. I have a very analytical, information driven playstyle. So I want more posting and thoughts from the less active players.
It’s not really that I think that people haven’t posted enough either. It’s just that the game driving content has mostly been coming from a few different sources thus far. So I want the people with the least posts (and therefore the least game driving content) to give their thoughts, generate some discussion, and share their reads, so that I in turn can gather more information and make better reads.

Does that make sense? I’m really not trying to call anyone out on lack of posting. I just want more to work with going forward now that I’m not in a bad 1v1 with someone.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”