Mini 2018 - American Presidents Mafia (Game Over)

Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:24 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

UNVOTE:
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:39 am

Post by Nauci »

OH MY GOD I JUST LOST A 1200 WORD DRAFT BECAUSE I ACCIDENTALLY REFRESHED THE WRONG PAGE I HATE MY LIFE RIGHT NOW
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:44 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

I commend your effort since replacing in Nauci. I hope we're on the same team here.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:45 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Lol “since replacing in” wut

Sorry frond been there :( :( :(
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:46 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Oh, you're not a replace in :mrgreen: My bad. Sentiment stands though. Must have lurked during early game.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:49 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Nauci did admittedly make me turn my head on you Irrelephant (few cracks in your shining armour now).

Could town-Nauci believe those things about you? I.e rational suspicion.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:50 am

Post by brassherald »

Gustavo replaces stungun0404. Please welcome him.

The slot which he got was determined by rolling dice, and should not be considered AI for any of the slots being replaced at this time.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:53 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Wellplayed Gustavo, welcome brother.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:53 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Welcome Gustavo! Your slot was an interesting one and the circumstances surrounding the replacement even more so. Need any help catching up?

@keyser I just answered that question about Nauci last page, did you see that?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:54 am

Post by the worst »

Welcome Gustavo o/
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:55 am

Post by the worst »

In post 863, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 861, the worst wrote:and?
I want you to 'rock my world'.
In post 862, the worst wrote:
In post 860, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 834, the worst wrote:Nauci is not feeling like town!Nauci.
What is "town!Nauci"?
= "Nauci when she's town" :P
What is "town!Nauci"?
town!Nauci = Nauci when she's town

Workin on part 1
--
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:59 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 910, the worst wrote:
In post 863, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 861, the worst wrote:and?
I want you to 'rock my world'.
In post 862, the worst wrote:
In post 860, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 834, the worst wrote:Nauci is not feeling like town!Nauci.
What is "town!Nauci"?
= "Nauci when she's town" :P
What is "town!Nauci"?
town!Nauci = Nauci when she's town

Workin on part 1
I seriously don't understand. Did I misunderstand your post?

Are you saying Nauci is not playing up to her town meta?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:12 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Sorry, got lost in your spoiler :giggle: most of your points seem fair. I think you’re saying I’m being opportunistic, strategically being a voyeur, manipulating wagons I’m not joining, speaking from the perspective of scum, keeping avenues open and gloating over other player’s misfortune..?

I may be guilty of all these allegations, but I can still be town. But I accept your scum read.

You wrote:
“Nauci is probably actually town because scum!Nauci wants me to like her and town!Nauci is actually this paranoid of me”

Is it that black and white for you now?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:14 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

No it’s just my best effort to remove emotion from my read on Nauci
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:19 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Looking at your VCA, TW has appeared on both rival wagons to his own now. Desperation? Saving his own skin? Or does he genunely want to lynch scum?

That’s why I want to get to the bottom of his scum read of Nauci.. but he’s not being very forthcoming.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:29 am

Post by Nauci »

Okay take 2 I guess

This here save draft button is gonna get a lot of mashing from now on
In post 866, Shoshin wrote:Nauci, your case boils down to, "Irrelephant did X as scum, he's doing X here, therefore he's scum." It's not a very strong argument.
This comment is extremely unfair and dangerously dismissive of my write up (which provides meta, context, and evaluations in addition to any active scum-casing).

I specifically admitted that several of the gut IRRELEPHANT FEELS SO SCUMMY feelings were because he was doing a lot of the same things from that game in this game, but that they could well just be regular irrelephant posting so I shouldn't put much weight in them.

It would be foolish to discount the stuff he explicitly and excruciatingly plotted out in our scum thread, however (town blocks, pocketing, townslips, strategic shading, etc.).

My post was 50% to warn everyone that you should NOT give Irrelephant easy tone/tells/effort based town reads, because he's a brilliant player who is extremely capable of sounding super towny in a generic sense.

I think it's crucial to read Irrelephant based on the big picture: who is he setting up, could this be advantageous to his 11-steps-ahead plan, are the hypothetical posts real wavering or leaving-options-open posts, etc. I think that pushing him hard means we get posts like with perspectives and details that we can evaluate much more easily for scum POV/motivation/etc. It should be *hard* to put up a detailed case for a mislynch, and I intend to make it so.
In post 871, Shoshin wrote:Nauci, do you think Irrelephant makes this post -
In post 557, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 550, skitter30 wrote:do you often ignore questions? It's very hard getting you to answer things directed straight at you)
I will vouch for the fact that this is true of town Shoshin, and is part of why I'm having an easier time townreading her than most players
- as scum? Why not let Skitter's paranoia fester?
Once again: Irrelephant is extremely capable of any individual town sounding post (see the "good point" posts that I should not have given credit for; reasons to discount are in my write up).

But in addition, it's silly to question why he would defend you (someone we're saying he's trying to pocket) from skitter (someone I've thought he's trying to shade). That's in line with scumrelephant win-con.
In post 873, skitter30 wrote:
In post 829, Nauci wrote:I think this is a very bad faith post. I remember several people commenting on the worst's posting, I specifically wrote about him and my experiences/read of his meta (I don't think I even commented on his predecessor), and BS wrote a whole meta schpiel about his play. I can't tell if you're selectively reading or deliberately misrepping.
i'm toying with the idea that she may be wk'ing a mislynch

i'm pretty confident that they aren't svs tho
Who is the "they" here? Is "she" referring to the momrangal post I mentioned, or about me?

I love games where half of the players are active and suss each other in circles while the other half approach non-existence. Yay!

@Irrelephant:

I think that as any alignment, you should veer off from these syntactical lines of thinking. Phrasing/wording/slang/idioms/vocabulary is usually mostly reflective of someone's culture/education/personality. If you know that "this works well" means "corroborates the theory," you should analyze the thought behind it OR explain in detail why phrasing X would mean thought process Y vs "I personally would have used Y instead of X here." It would either improve your scum hunting as town, or reduce your empty shading opportunities as scum.

The "I want to watch them fight" comment seems like the same sentiment as your "hopefully it at least makes other players' ability to read us easier" from . I've always thought 1v1s were good for sorting those involved, as a 3rd party observer or participant.

The "this is an attempt to scum read me later" comments ping me BADLY. Those aren't reactions I ever would have had to those comments (if they were about me instead) unless I was scum with a "oh god they're onto me" kick. One post literally says he didn't even think about scumrelephant as a possibility and it was a blind spot, so I can only see fear/misdirection motivating "this reads as excitement," and I really don't draw a line from "you just know Nauci well" to "attempt to scumread [irrelephant] if nauci flips town"?

I think that I have done my best to be extremely pro-town thus far, but "doesn't suck up to Irrelephant" shouldn't be a point in my favor. If I were scum I'd be as afraid of townrelephant as townmathdino, and try to hide because after we pocketed flicker/teacher you couldn't possibly trust anyone buttering you up.

(Oddly enough I also confuse stun and skitter posts in my memory because they have similar tones)

Damn I'm only at like 850 words and I have no idea what thoughts were in the missing parts. Fffffuuuuu
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:38 am

Post by the worst »

Keyser no offence bro but you're becoming an active annoyance to play with. I'll catch up when I catch up and respond to your posts when I can. Are you actually just like lockscumreading me or is there some personal reason you continually prod and throw shade at my slot?

Dead set I've solemnly sworn under the Order of the Brass Herald not to replace out of games ever but I do not blame people for being like "lol fuck these pages" at this point.

I'm struggling to form townreads without sheeping at this point which is killing motivation further. Sorry to ruin your day but I'm town and I'm not getting mislynched today. Stop positioning me for a mislynch and move on to something else.
--
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:39 am

Post by Nauci »

Welcome, Gustavo!

Damn those dice for filling one of the more sorted slots (IMO) >:C

I did "lurk" early game. We basically started on the weekend that I power cleaned my boyfriend's formerly-gross-af apartment for like 11 hours on Saturday and I could barely move on Sunday. My right hand is still busted as a result. :/ I am making an effort to be as tryhard as possible before my programming bootcamp starts on July 2 and I won't have the time or energy to do any meta diving or long write ps w/o sacrificing my sanity.

I don't want to self meta any more but the worst has seen town me in a game where he was scum (but I don't trust what he says because he's top of my naughty list here), and Math was in the same game. Math also skimmed a couple of my games and read Team Mafia Tiebreaker.

Was anyone else here in team mafia? Because theoretically you have also seen my town performance there if you participated in the tiebreaker challenge.

TW isn't being forthcoming on his read of me but also not on just about anything else in this game. I give him until EOD tomorrow for the effort he keeps promising, but around these parts I expect presidential candidates to actually deliver on their promises!
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:41 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 916, the worst wrote:Keyser no offence bro but you're becoming an active annoyance to play with. I'll catch up when I catch up and respond to your posts when I can. Are you actually just like lockscumreading me or is there some personal reason you continually prod and throw shade at my slot?

Dead set I've solemnly sworn under the Order of the Brass Herald not to replace out of games ever but I do not blame people for being like "lol fuck these pages" at this point.

I'm struggling to form townreads without sheeping at this point which is killing motivation further. Sorry to ruin your day but I'm town and I'm not getting mislynched today. Stop positioning me for a mislynch and move on to something else.
Look, if you aren't going to explain what you think I'm like as town, then don't answer. If you're going to answer later, then say/do that.

But this cheeky circular posting is dumb and I'm posting because I do not want you to feel like we're satisfied with your non-answers.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:43 am

Post by the worst »

like every time I open the thread it's more pages of people talking in circles, I have IRL and other commitments so I'll get around to effortposting at some point.
--
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:43 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 916, the worst wrote:Keyser no offence bro but you're becoming an active annoyance to play with. I'll catch up when I catch up and respond to your posts when I can. Are you actually just like lockscumreading me or is there some personal reason you continually prod and throw shade at my slot?

I don't want a 1500 page essay. Simply two or three sentences to say why Nauci isn't town Nauci in your opinion, then I leave you.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:43 am

Post by Gustavo »

Sup everyone. Bare with me. I hope I can catch up soon. My gut would be to just vote nauci and create some fireworks but I’m learning people don’t like fireworks so I’ll try a different approach.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:43 am

Post by the worst »

hmm otherwise I could abandon the first 36 pages and start trying now
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:46 am

Post by the worst »

In post 920, Keyser Söze wrote:I don't want a 1500 page essay. Simply two or three sentences to say why Nauci isn't town Nauci in your opinion, then I leave you.
so what impressed me about Nauci's playstyle when I was scum vs. her was how transparently conspicuously town she was. she was constantly critical, open minded and worked well with others townies.

she feels less attached and engaged here and I cannot shake the feeling that her posting is pushing an agenda and specific preconceived stances rather than actively forming opinions fluidly as she goes.

if that makes sense??
--
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:47 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 918, Nauci wrote:

Look, if you aren't going to explain what you think I'm like as town, then don't answer. If you're going to answer later, then say/do that.

But this cheeky circular posting is dumb and I'm posting because I do not want you to feel like we're satisfied with your non-answers.
What does town!Nauci mean?

I havent been on mafiascum for a while.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”