NY214: Project Pinecone (Game over! Town wins!)

Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:51 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 441, Chickadee wrote:Actually Flubber, could you talk specifically about why other people on your wagon are better, rather than why Ausuka is worse?
A big part of my town read on brassherald is his interactions with gavot (already forgot their name but that's close enough). I've already talked about that.

I don't know in what realm Ausuka looks more town than Moi, who is taking a strong role in leading the town and generating content.

I'd like to know more about why you're town reading Ausuka tbh
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:56 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 448, the worst wrote:what if I told you brass is town?
I'm listening.
In post 450, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 441, Chickadee wrote:Actually Flubber, could you talk specifically about why other people on your wagon are better, rather than why Ausuka is worse?
A big part of my town read on brassherald is his interactions with gavot (already forgot their name but that's close enough). I've already talked about that.

I don't know in what realm Ausuka looks more town than Moi, who is taking a strong role in leading the town and generating content.

I'd like to know more about why you're town reading Ausuka tbh
I just haven't seen enough from Magna yet to move him up to that top tier. Just because he comes in and does wall posts does not make him town. But I do like what I HAVE seen so far. Hence 2nd tier.

And I'll get back to you about Ausuka, when I'm going through things.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:17 pm

Post by Chickadee »

The thing that bothers me most about flubbers posting is that their entire catch up is self focused.

Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by Chickadee »

Ok brass can be town today. I think i was getting him confused with someone else when I did that list.

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:44 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 427, Inferno390 wrote:So I was reading back through looking to generate discussion and found this:
In post 85, davesaz wrote:I kinda like the effort to make content from both of them.
Liking it doesn't mean I find it AI, any alignment can feel a need to make content happen.
This is really non-commital. The thought pattern feels off too. Thoughts?
Two people did things that I saw as reaction tests to end RVS.
That is a good thing.
I don't think that doing it is AI.

Does this help you understand what I said?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:46 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 439, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Davesaz
– Any reason you just ignored the question in ?
Probably lack of time when I read it.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 453, Chickadee wrote:Ok brass can be town today. I think i was getting him confused with someone else when I did that list.
brass has a very transparent scumtell in my experience. obviously not gonna mason level locktown him this early on, like its a read I'll evaluate, but he does make his alignment known to an extent.

I have a very similar core scumtell if anyone wants to think about it deeper
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by the worst »

I thought I had another sentence in that post. Crap.

Brass also has good instincts and is a good team player as town so fmpov it's worth treating him as town until he scumtells
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:56 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 454, davesaz wrote:
In post 427, Inferno390 wrote:So I was reading back through looking to generate discussion and found this:
In post 85, davesaz wrote:I kinda like the effort to make content from both of them.
Liking it doesn't mean I find it AI, any alignment can feel a need to make content happen.
That is a good thing.

I guess.
What I don't understnad is why you would say that you liked something and then come right back around and say "ehhh but it doesn't ffect my read at all because it's NAI." It seems weird.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:05 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 319, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 297, davesaz wrote:@MoI re 244 -- your Flubber case seems to rest on a single post, am I reading that right?
Yes. My "case" (which really isn't a case but an observation of an actual scummy post in the first 24 hours of the game) rests on that post.

Do you have an issue with that?

Also why are you still voting brass which was an RVS vote?
I might have an issue with it or might not. It would depend on whether I agree it's scummy, coming from Flubber, or at least see a reason that you might.

Some people move their votes around a lot, other people don't.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 458, Inferno390 wrote:
In post 454, davesaz wrote:
That is a good thing.

I guess.
What I don't understnad is why you would say that you liked something and then come right back around and say "ehhh but it doesn't ffect my read at all because it's NAI." It seems weird.
Saying I like it without qualification would likely be taken to mean that I think it's town, which is not the case. My #1 goal as town is accuracy in communicating where I am on things.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:19 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 180, Flubbernugget wrote: I don't think rask has done anything shady but would still entertain him as scum coasting
In post 196, MagnaofIllusion wrote: I’m disappointed none of the rest of you saw the scumminess in 180. Rask coasting as scum in the first 24 hours the game is open? And hedging on Rask ( he’s not scum for this but could be scum for this other thing ) at the same time?
I would expect that if we looked at all the places people hedge, the result would be that town do it more often than scum. (Flubber's null for me, I haven't re-read him yet)
But I do understand there are people who think that way. And if you had something else like meta as a component of the read that would be helpful.

For me it would be more revealing when coupled with other things than as a standalone event.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:20 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 459, davesaz wrote:
In post 319, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 297, davesaz wrote:@MoI re 244 -- your Flubber case seems to rest on a single post, am I reading that right?
Yes. My "case" (which really isn't a case but an observation of an actual scummy post in the first 24 hours of the game) rests on that post.

Do you have an issue with that?

Also why are you still voting brass which was an RVS vote?
I might have an issue with it or might not. It would depend on whether I agree it's scummy, coming from Flubber, or at least see a reason that you might.

Some people move their votes around a lot, other people don't.
Dave aren't you focusing on clearly communicating where you're at? because this post does literally none of that.

How are you viewing Flubber and Brass right now?

pedit: NINJA DAVE
still curious abt brass read tho
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:31 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 444, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 439, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Does anyone believe for a second that any player can be “coasting” less than 24 hours into the start of a game? Or that a Town Flubber would make that the tentpole of why Rask would be scummy.
If it were a suspicion worthy of conviction I would have voted there.
IMO this sidesteps the actual question. I looked through your ISO to see what came out of , if anything.
You floated the idea of coasting. Is there something you can share with us that indicates that Rask's activity during that period was somehow out of line with the norm? If not, what's the point of bringing it up at all?
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:33 pm

Post by Skygazer »

That's a lot to take in. Some thoughts:

Reevaluated my read on Rask, I think my logic was flawed as people have pointed out.
UNVOTE:

Getting townvibes from brass and elbirn. Magna's frustration towards spam posters seems genuine and town.

Not sure if Gustavo would act so belligerent if he were scum, wouldn't scum want to avoid drawing that kind of attention?
In post 431, HitAlt wrote:I need to get to posting so that I'm above that 20 post mark.
I'd hate to be under any scrutiny.
This pings me slightly, unless this was just a joke?

Still trying to internalize everything that just happened and I haven't really had many chances to interact with people so I feel pretty behind.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by davesaz »

I think brassherald is town for now.
UNVOTE:
I'm not going to give Gustavo's replacement a complete pass. I had seen some clear scum indications there, was trying to give things a chance to de-escalate.
Gonna need to go back over some stuff to get more reads.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:48 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 331, Elbirn wrote:
In post 329, Raskolnikov wrote:Actually elbirn kinda did though he dropped it
What have I done? I'm having difficulty parsing your posts and I don't know if it's just me or idk :(
I think this was referring to . (hope I remembered that number right lol)
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:53 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 465, davesaz wrote:I think brassherald is town for now.
Were you scumreading brass before? If yes you hadn't really indicated it, and if no, why did you have your rvs vote on him for so long?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:56 pm

Post by davesaz »

I just answered that in .
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Sorry, I forgot about that.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by the worst »

would you be satisfied with your response in 459? also what's your experience playing with brass & would you agree with my assertion that he's very obvtown as town?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:10 pm

Post by davesaz »

Yes, I would.
Some experience.
I'd say that I rarely if ever obvtown people, and usually don't take other people's word for it.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:23 pm

Post by dramonic »

Omg omg omg omg omg
AAAAAAAANDYYYYYYYYYY ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I dont know how any of you can question the alignment of the Gus slot. It's a prime example of a specific kind of player that makes really clear slips as scum. Like scum has to convince themselves of their own argument before they can convince the town, and I don't think for a second that Gus thought he could be wrong. That doesn't come from a scum mind.
Which is good cuz it means we can conftown the single most wonderful person ever ♡

Currently not at home, but ill prolly vote flubs once I get back and reread. His most recent posts have been less than stellar.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:58 pm

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Hey so I'm spending the day at work today and afterwards I plan to watch the world cup. I'll try to catch up in my breaks but if I don't... You know why.

What I want to say for now is that I don't think Gus being like this is really AI, maybe a bit, but not enough to scumread him (imo)
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:48 pm

Post by xyzzy »

here's some thoughts from pages 7 through 11. it might be tomorrow before I can do more because it's 4 am and I gotta sleep y'all

- so basically Elbirn's self vote just felt like a dumb throwaway joke that can be disregarded whereas Raskolnikov's no lynch vote is the sort of thing that feels very unlikely to come from town. it just feels very constructed to avoid creating any actual content. and I don't think Inferno390 as Raskolnikov's scum buddy would've made .
- brassherald feels town from this post.
- profii saying "I think we will find opportunistic scum in [Raskolnikov's wagon]" feels true and town
- feels like a scum post.
- I don't really have a strong opinion about this post re:brassherald, but I feel like saying that I generally don't care for reads based on meta from previous games at all. unless it's an open setup, the conclusions folks draw tend to be kind of meaningless.
- this vote from brassherald feels kinda not great given the total lack of explanation
- "Almost 9 pages already before 24 hours are up? Do you people not understand what a chill game means?" honestly!!!!!
- good post, Inferno390 town.
- this is a good and worthwhile post.
- oh geez Pine this is a confusing votecount format
- NY214 is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In NY214 you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the NY214 motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.
- imo there is nothing intrinsically town or not town about either of these RVS strategies but the context in which the vote appears can be meaningful.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”