Mini 2018 - American Presidents Mafia (Game Over)

Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by Gustavo »

In post 971, the worst wrote:does this not strike you as a situation scum!Shoshin would try to avoid being in though?
That’s wifom my friend. I don’t have time to play the wifom game. His iso reeks, his vote on nauci was opportunistic and he refused to explain why, he had doubt yet he stayed on.

To me that’s scum. I’ll log off and do the rest of my reading and take notes on my own time but for now I have no interest in voting nauci. Have no interest in voting you. I’ll develop more reads later.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by Shoshin »

@the worst

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76221 - me as scum
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76303 - me as town

Gustavo was in both games. He should know better than to vote me here. The way he's misrepresenting what I'm saying shows a pretty strong desire to characterize my play in the worst possible light. No way he's town here.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:26 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 950, Shoshin wrote:
In post 949, skitter30 wrote:really? i iwish i had this skill
The trick is to not overthink it. Is he doing pro-town things? He's town. Is he doing pro-scum things? He's scum.
yeah so it's a bit hard for me to diffrentiate from him. i'll sheep math when he comes back probably tbh.

--
In post 953, Not_Mafia wrote:I look forward to playing this set-up again when my consciousness has been uploaded into a machine and the roles include Ted Nugent, Joe Arpaio and Snooki
i just want to say that although you frustrate me in a mafia sense, i do appreciate your sense of humor

--
In post 956, Gustavo wrote:
In post 818, Shoshin wrote:
In post 814, the worst wrote:uh pardon me since when do you know me well enough that you can tell what's fake from me? o.0
Even this way of defending himself is bullshit. I call something fake, and his response is, "you don't know me well enough to know it's fake." He's not even denying that it's fake... instead he just wants to discredit me...
I don’t even know how you reached that conclusion...

Sorry was examing the biggest wagon but that last series of posts has me looking at sho’s Iso.

Somebody who isn’t sho, please tell me why he isn’t l-1 right now?
i'm reasonably confident that she's town, and is prob close to one of my strongest townreads.

i kinda feel like you've decided that there must be scum on the nauci wagon and that shoshin is it. honestly the nauci wagon isn't really a thing and is just kinda residual as people are trying to figure out what to do with tw and the many replacements.

who did you replace again? if stungun, you've kinda lost the townread on the slot.

--
In post 970, Gustavo wrote:VOTE: shoshin

He’s not a team player. I ask him a few questions and he flails and votes me. By his own definition of what scum is, he’s guilty of being scum.

I’ll see y’all day 2.
this is a gross vote and town is fully capable of displaying cog-dis; your questions are bad and i don't think she's flailing. the way you're approaching her thought process is very black and white; you're like calling her scum for not immediately switching off the nauci wagon even tho town doesn't often immediately switch wagons when they express a greater scumread; that isn't like an inherently scummy trait or anything.

are you like trying to dismantle the nauci wagon? that's the vibe i'm getting right now

same vibe from:
In post 975, Gustavo wrote:
In post 971, the worst wrote:does this not strike you as a situation scum!Shoshin would try to avoid being in though?
That’s wifom my friend. I don’t have time to play the wifom game. His iso reeks, his vote on nauci was opportunistic and he refused to explain why, he had doubt yet he stayed on.

To me that’s scum. I’ll log off and do the rest of my reading and take notes on my own time but for now I have no interest in voting nauci. Have no interest in voting you. I’ll develop more reads later.
given that she isn't like in any remote danger of getting lynched atm, this is pretty odd imo.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Skitter, you can sheep me too, you know. I know you don't have any experience with me but my reads are usually pretty good.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I especially urge you to vote Gustavo.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:44 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i have firsthand experience with math's reads being good, and i only trust him on certain players that i know he can read better than me (nsg and nm are the main people i trust him with tbh)

i also think he'd probably tell the truth as scum on nsg irregardless of her alignment.

i really don't sheep in general unless i think that person's reads are significantly more likely to be correct than my own, and i only think that if i ey have substantive proof that they can read that player well; math is for most intents and purposes probably the only person who generally falls in this category tbh

like i think you're probably town but i'm not going to sheep you on random reads because i don't know your read accuracy

incidentally i am considering voting gustavo, but it's not because i'm sheeping you
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:47 pm

Post by Shoshin »

lol okay
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:53 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 974, Shoshin wrote:
In post 968, the worst wrote:Shoshin do you have some examples of scumgames?
There's one on this site. My scum play looks nothing like my play in this game. It's not even close.
I'm not asking for your evaluation, there's a couple of things I want to check. Do you have some off-site games you can throw me a link to?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:53 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 976, Shoshin wrote:@the worst

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76221 - me as scum
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76303 - me as town

Gustavo was in both games. He should know better than to vote me here. The way he's misrepresenting what I'm saying shows a pretty strong desire to characterize my play in the worst possible light. No way he's town here.
just caught this too. thanks.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:04 pm

Post by Gustavo »

I’m just here to deny I misrepped shoshin. I find it kind of hypocritical since he misrepped the worst.

I’d also like to say my scum game is nothing like my play so far this game and in both of those games he linked, sho did provide some sort of explanation for his vote or reads.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:06 pm

Post by Gustavo »

In post 977, skitter30 wrote:i kinda feel like you've decided that there must be scum on the nauci wagon and that shoshin is it. honestly the nauci wagon isn't really a thing and is just kinda residual as people are trying to figure out what to do with tw and the many replacements.
No. I started with the wagon that was largest and wanted to see if people had reasons for their vote. You should see I questioned 2 people because I didn’t understand their placement on the wagon. It’s good to question questionable votes imo and that’s what I was doing.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by Gustavo »

In post 977, skitter30 wrote:are you like trying to dismantle the nauci wagon?
No. I was just looking for a starting point because I’m not actually going to read every post that’s been made so far. Day 1 is the most useless day anyway so I figured I’d cut right to the chase.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:12 pm

Post by Gustavo »

In post 801, the worst wrote:VOTE: Nauci
Can you explain why you went from null to scum on nauci? All I see is gut but can you put it into words for me?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:25 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 923, the worst wrote:
In post 920, Keyser Söze wrote:I don't want a 1500 page essay. Simply two or three sentences to say why Nauci isn't town Nauci in your opinion, then I leave you.
so what impressed me about Nauci's playstyle when I was scum vs. her was how transparently conspicuously town she was. she was constantly critical, open minded and worked well with others townies.

she feels less attached and engaged here and I cannot shake the feeling that her posting is pushing an agenda and specific preconceived stances rather than actively forming opinions fluidly as she goes.

if that makes sense??
is this useful?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:30 pm

Post by Nauci »

Out for the night doing a favor for a friend :(

I swear I will get to the others this week
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:31 pm

Post by the worst »

have fun Nauci o/
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:38 pm

Post by Shoshin »

the worst, what is it you wanted to check about my play?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:42 pm

Post by the worst »

That'd ruin the surprise. I should actually be able to look into this in good time but if not I'll just talk to you about it. :P
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:45 pm

Post by Gustavo »

I’m kind of disappointed there haven’t been any other real wagons this game. Just based on the lack of reasons for nauci, she’s probably town. By poe there is one scum in that pool of 4 and I’m town reading 2 of them.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:46 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Don't make me wait please, I don't have patience for this lol... telling me about it isn't going to change how I played in that game so you have nothing to worry about.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:57 pm

Post by Gustavo »

Btw if you look at shoshin’s town game. His first serious vote on invisibility includes reasons with his vote - viewtopic.php?p=10200938#p10200938

His 2nd serious vote was on mumble and it included reasons - viewtopic.php?p=10212098#p10212098

His 3rd serious vote was on me and it included reasons - viewtopic.php?p=10220015#p10220015

His 4th vote lacked reason but his 5th had some.

Please somebody verify what I’ve just posted and see if what sho says below is truthful.
In post 959, Shoshin wrote:As you know from Tropical, I don't always state my reasons for voting. So why ask this question?
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by Gustavo »

Shoshin’s scum game he votes Byron without a reason and only gives one after brawl votes him. He only places one other serious vote and he gives no reason for it.

He was quickly lynched. Unfortunately I missed most of that day phase so I don’t remember what he did to get caught.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:04 pm

Post by Gustavo »

In post 977, skitter30 wrote:i'm reasonably confident that she's town, and is prob close to one of my strongest townreads.
I’ll ask you to reconsider given the information I’ve provided so far. I don’t think you in good faith can maintain that given I’ve proven she has been dishonest. She used her dishonesty to paint me in a negative light.

I feel I’ve provided multiple reasons why she is a good lynch today. My play may be odd to you but if you are actually town you have to admit that it’s proven effective especially if she flips scum.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:23 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Hmm, maybe Gustavo actually believes what he's saying.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:24 pm

Post by Shoshin »

UNVOTE: Gustavo

I'd like input from others.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”