Mini 2018 - American Presidents Mafia (Game Over)

Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:01 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1130, Shoshin wrote:Nauci, there's different ways of leading a town. I can tell that your understanding of the word "leader" is different from mine or Mom's.
I'd like to hear your definition

I'd even more like to hear Momrangal's definition before you post yours

I can't tell if invis or nm will be more frustrating to try to read lol

TW: you've played with Gus, right? What's your opinion of this stubbornness?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:02 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

"the responses about Keyser still have me too wary to move to anything close to a town read." what does this mean Nauci?

@Not_Mafia I asked you for some specific reads recently - find it in my ISO?

I'm somewhat townreading Gamma at this stage fwiw
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@Nauci I never asked about scum!irrelephant?
And how am I your other top pick based on that logic?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:04 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 1136, Gustavo wrote:I don’t really wish dragging the shoshin conversation on any longer. Either you side with me or side with her. Telling me I’m wrong isn’t going to change my mind because clearly I don’t agree with that. If you want to say it isn’t AI, that’s great you don’t think so but from what I’ve seen of her play, all of her play, it’s AI for me. You are entitled to your opinion, I’m entitled to mine. Nobody is really pointing to anything protown from her which also supports my read. Now don’t go run off and do that either because I’ve made my mind up.

If you want this game to turn into a shit show, I assure you that it will turn into one if you continue trying to change my mind. My mind isn’t open to be changed on this topic. Not day 1 anyway.
Not like this AtE to scumread either you or Shoshin, with the implication that it should be Shoshin
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:06 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1136, Gustavo wrote:I don’t really wish dragging the shoshin conversation on any longer. Either you side with me or side with her. Telling me I’m wrong isn’t going to change my mind because clearly I don’t agree with that. If you want to say it isn’t AI, that’s great you don’t think so but from what I’ve seen of her play, all of her play, it’s AI for me. You are entitled to your opinion, I’m entitled to mine. Nobody is really pointing to anything protown from her which also supports my read. Now don’t go run off and do that either because I’ve made my mind up.

If you want this game to turn into a shit show, I assure you that it will turn into one if you continue trying to change my mind. My mind isn’t open to be changed on this topic. Not day 1 anyway.
Irrespective of shosh, I'm offended that you don't count the things multiple people have said were pro town about her. I had post a couple of times that her pressure on me was pro town.
In post 1147, Shoshin wrote:I think Mom's town, Nauci.
I haven't heard enough posts or thoughts from the slot to think so and would appreciate if you didn't defend her because I want her to engage instead

I'm happy if you want to help me clarify anything I've clearly misunderstood from her but for now I need to see more of her thoughts and motivations instead of yours
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:07 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1151, Irrelephant11 wrote:"the responses about Keyser still have me too wary to move to anything close to a town read." what does this mean Nauci?

@Not_Mafia I asked you for some specific reads recently - find it in my ISO?

I'm somewhat townreading Gamma at this stage fwiw
I was explaining why I moved you from scummy to null instead of towny based on what seemed like a town series of interactions
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:08 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Right I know I'm asking what "responses about Keyser"? My scumcase of him?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:09 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 1153, Irrelephant11 wrote:

I don't
like this AtE to scumread either you or Shoshin, with the implication that it should be Shoshin
EBWOP
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:09 am

Post by Shoshin »

@Nauci

For me, leading is about figuring out what we need to do to win as a team and doing my best to get everyone moving in that direction. It's not about saying, "hey let's lynch this person," it's about getting the right people to come together to discuss things in a way that makes it very difficult for scum to avoid getting caught and then from that point working together to figure out who the scum are. It's also about knowing when to follow others and when to push things yourself.

In terms of my play, I'd say from the start I got things moving out of RVS and have been pretty strongly trying to work with everyone to develop some sort of consensus on who the townies/scum are, more so than anyone else in this game.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:11 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1152, Gamma Emerald wrote:@Nauci I never asked about scum!irrelephant?
And how am I your other top pick based on that logic?
You asked me how the Gustavo interactions helped my reads, so I explained the two reads that I now have more data points for because of his interactions

You are the other poster who is currently active and needs a lot more engagement to swing my scum vibe, versus nsg/tw/etc.

I have no idea how to even get nm to converse so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:12 am

Post by Shoshin »

I think we can safely ignore Gustavo for the moment, he's town enough to leave alive.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:13 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1151, Irrelephant11 wrote:I'm somewhat townreading Gamma at this stage fwiw
Why?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:15 am

Post by Shoshin »

VOTE: Gamma
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:15 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Gamma
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:15 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1156, Irrelephant11 wrote:Right I know I'm asking what "responses about Keyser"? My scumcase of him?
The parts that I said pinged me really badly as reactions from "oh god she knows I'm scum" POV to Keyser posts; I don't feel like your subsequent follow up was satisfactory so it's still a big point against you
In post 1158, Shoshin wrote:@Nauci

For me, leading is about figuring out what we need to do to win as a team and doing my best to get everyone moving in that direction. It's not about saying, "hey let's lynch this person," it's about getting the right people to come together to discuss things in a way that makes it very difficult for scum to avoid getting caught and then from that point working together to figure out who the scum are. It's also about knowing when to follow others and when to push things yourself.

In terms of my play, I'd say from the start I got things moving out of RVS and have been pretty strongly trying to work with everyone to develop some sort of consensus on who the townies/scum are, more so than anyone else in this game.
Ffffuuu I wanted mom's answer first

Because in the context of what she said to Gus, I needed to know what she meant very importantly to sort her without being able to reference your answer
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:17 am

Post by Nauci »

That's -2 for gamma, btw
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:17 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 1137, Bernie Sanders wrote:
@Mod
can we get extensions given the number of replacements and unconventional replacement order (replace of a slot with almost nothing far more important than another)

Ideally I'd want to get another second pass at this game when I have more time but right now as is I won't return until deadline is really close
Sure, I'll give an extension. Someone request a specific amount of time to extend the day 1 deadline and we'll work from there. I'm being lazy so acting like I want a plaintiff to make a demand.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:18 am

Post by Shoshin »

I doubt Mom's answer to that question has any relevance to her alignment, Nauci. It's too easy a thing to fake.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:19 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1163, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Gamma
If Gamma's scum, this vote probably clears NM as town.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:23 am

Post by skitter30 »

I dont think that's a clearing vote actually.

Maybe I'll read the past three pages at some point.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:24 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1166, brassherald wrote:
In post 1137, Bernie Sanders wrote:
@Mod
can we get extensions given the number of replacements and unconventional replacement order (replace of a slot with almost nothing far more important than another)

Ideally I'd want to get another second pass at this game when I have more time but right now as is I won't return until deadline is really close
Sure, I'll give an extension. Someone request a specific amount of time to extend the day 1 deadline and we'll work from there. I'm being lazy so acting like I want a plaintiff to make a demand.
How about 2 days after we get NSG replaced? Or something like that.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:27 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1169, skitter30 wrote:I dont think that's a clearing vote actually.

Maybe I'll read the past three pages at some point.
So many options of who to vote and he chooses Gamma? I dunno. If Gamma's town, it's pretty meaningless, but if he's scum, it's a pretty strong indication that NM's town. If he were scum, he could have hung around without placing a vote. He could have waited to quickhammer Gamma and try to fake a town-tell. But putting him at L-2 where he's unlikely to get much town cred is precisely the point where scum NM doesn't vote for scum.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:29 am

Post by brassherald »

Errantparabola replaces NSG. Please extend welcoming messages.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:30 am

Post by skitter30 »

If nm just repped in and really didn't read anything he might think the gamma wagon has more traction than it actually has and decided to hop on for the cred while he can as partners.

For someone reading the game I'd prob agree with you, but that doesn't necessarily apply here.

Pedit: hi
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:31 am

Post by brassherald »

Also, the deadline has been extended 2 days due to the replacements, and also because it now falls on Independence Day.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”