Newbie 1876 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:45 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Sus of Ice jumping onto Bins after sheeping her brass read.

Ice, what about the flip made you change your mind on brass? What are your thoughts on Trinity at the moment?
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:48 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

Btw if we find out by match's end that we have a jailkeeper and you didn't jail bins and she's scum, I'm gonna find you. I'm gonna find you and I'm gonna hurt you.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:03 pm

Post by nonny »

In post 423, IcemanCh wrote:If E was actually a Doctor and healed someone then it would give us a confirmed town. I knew it was a long shot since he'd have to pick the right target.
I already asked you about this, where is this coming from? I know it doesn't matter as much with E flipping scum but dude, seriously? A Doc is really hard to confirm. In this set up the Doc can also be paired with a jailkeeper for example, which could block a kill/save someone. Having one no kill does not confirm doc. It helps open up the possibility but it doesn't confirm by any means. Also, say Jailkeeper blocks scum, then Doc could have picked scum partner for all you know. Or Jailkeeper protected someone, again Doc may have picked anyone at all. In the reverse, a jailkeeper wouldn't be able to confirm town/scum based on one no kill either.

I will weigh in on the Trinity/Bins/Ice thing soon. I'm still leaning trinity and want more posts from her. Would like more from Bins too, but yeah....I'll hold me breath.

I'm going to look at Iso's and then post more. Curious if Fish was on to someone and that's why he got killed.
*insert bad joke here*
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:39 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

In this setup the jailkeeper only blocks the nightkill if there's one scum left ftr
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:46 pm

Post by nonny »

In post 428, GuerillaWoo wrote:In this setup the jailkeeper only blocks the nightkill if there's one scum left ftr
Really? Interesting. Back in the day town role blocking mafia was based on which scum submitted the NK, so like if townRB targets scum 1 but scum 2 gives mod the kill then nothing happens, whereas if scum1 sends pm to mod then there is no NK. Assumed that'd be same, weird how little things change.
*insert bad joke here*
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:04 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

That's the setup outside Road to Rome. In newbie games I guess people are flaky so they made it so one can submit both actions.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:04 pm

Post by Bins »

Actually, if Trinity is scum they would have bussed pretty hard

Also sorry to do this again but
VLA this weekend

Weekends are just awful for me

I’ll still try and post but I’m pretty sold on an Ice lynch
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:06 pm

Post by Bins »

Guerilla, Sky are both town
Trinity is still pretty town and I like her stances on E
Nonny has a few posts (I mentioned before) that I can only see from town

So yeah, that’s all

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:07 pm

Post by Bins »

In post 402, brassherald wrote:
In post 401, IcemanCh wrote:Can you expound on that? Why do you see trinity as scum?
POE.

Guerilla pushed E harder than anyone, so town.

I still don't buy that Bins and E would be on the same mislynch wagon, town.

Nonny was being hardcore defended by E, which even for slippy scum like E was, I would not buy, town.

Skygazer has been pretty townie to me as well with some good posts and good contribution.

Trinity has not shown to be town, so, by POE, could be scum. I liked the early questions but as conftown FormerFish pointed out, Trinity never followed up. Not town.
Pretty much seconding this post.

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:07 pm

Post by Bins »

VOTE: Ice

gtkas
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:16 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

Policy lynch bins
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:19 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Okay lol yeah so that was pretty bad.
UNVOTE:
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:23 pm

Post by nonny »

How does 433 read to 434? Like 433 says Trinity looks scum, which in 432 Bins just said she didn't look. Nothing in the quote in 433 says Ice looks scum.....

Which policy Woo?
*insert bad joke here*
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:30 pm

Post by Skygazer »

I don't see town Bins being so quick to lynch Ice after spending an entire day defending the scummiest player in the game. There's pretty much no new content from her, she's just sheeping and quoting other people's points.

I can see scum Bins dropping the case on brass so suddenly because she doesn't feel she can pull off that lynch at this point. I can also see her killing FF because of his read on her.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:41 pm

Post by Skygazer »

I still have that one reasoning as to why I think Bins could be town (the one I said I'm holding close to the chest that I'm still not willing to discuss) so I'm holding off on placing her at L-1 until I see more from her and Ice.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:48 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

Sky I've been waiting for you to bring that up, glad you did.<3
In post 437, nonny wrote: Which policy Woo?
All of them.

But for real, she's barely involved, hasn't given a single solid, well-rounded read, barely can be said to have pushed a player, spent almost every minute of D1 defending our only scummy player, is now sheeping her dang scum read, is the only one whose aim in D1 was to extract a counterclaim from 2.7's fakeclaim, and has been AWOL in every other instance.

Ice made that one post but I truly believe that he's just a little naive in his reasoning (like remember him saying town players don't get mad and behave rationally to being suspected?).

I can see Ice making a couple mistakes this game, I cannot see that for Bins. It's purposeful evasion at this point. And like if you're busy irl you sub out, you don't post minimally to avoid the kick then come in with the least interested leads ever. That's what scum do, not town.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:06 pm

Post by nonny »

Why do you like policy lynches so much? Not the first time you've suggested one.

I'm working on a reread/long post(hoping to be done within the hour). Please don't keep throwing votes around at this point. Bins is acting suspect as hell but I don't think she's our scum.
Mod can we have current vote count?
*insert bad joke here*
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:08 pm

Post by Bins »

In post 435, GuerillaWoo wrote:Policy lynch bins
Why lol?

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:09 pm

Post by Bins »

In post 438, Skygazer wrote:I don't see town Bins being so quick to lynch Ice after spending an entire day defending the scummiest player in the game. There's pretty much no new content from her, she's just sheeping and quoting other people's points.

I can see scum Bins dropping the case on brass so suddenly because she doesn't feel she can pull off that lynch at this point. I can also see her killing FF because of his read on her.
I was more just reaction testing Brass and I agree the reaction I got was pretty town

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:11 pm

Post by Bins »

Why is everyone so hung up on “content” this game.
Like I feel stressed out to produce stuff but I have been playing the game. What else are you looking for? i agree with your Ice read.

gtkas
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:14 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

And like I actually kinda feel bad for Bins. Her partner made a stupidly risky gambit and couldn't follow through on D1. I think she would've bussed him if it were D2 or D3 but I can actually see a scum Bins tryna rescue her partner from himself. Not overtly, not by saying "I think his claim is legit", but by saying "I don't want to potentially lose the doctor."

I don't think it matters. We know our lynchpool consists of Bins, Ice, and Trinity. If the second scum is in nonny, brass, or sky then we're not gonna spend today suspecting any of em (and we'll prolly lose the game). We have no reason to, but the four of us are so motivated by the D1 scum lynch that we're pretty much determining town's trajectory on D2. Does it make sense why I think Bins is particularly lynch-worthy after those posts? She's the IC. She's uninterested in scumhunting. At best, she's sheeping someone else's PoE without acknowledging the disconnect between both Trinity reads.

I'd like to know why Trinity would buss hard.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:18 pm

Post by Bins »

Can everyone in this game please stop saying I’m not scumhunting???

I’m so confused. If I have “new and original” reads, I’d be pulling stuff out of my ass. I got beaten to the punch with the Ice read so I find it easier to just go “ditto”. I’m reasoning my Trinity opinion and giving confirmation on townreads.

Do you want me to fake it? Like “hey guys!! I don’t really think this but Guerilla is scum because [fake reasons]”

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:19 pm

Post by Bins »

Also can you not see the possibility of a member of town believing that claim?

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:25 pm

Post by Bins »

In post 50, IcemanCh wrote:
In post 49, 2 718281828459 wrote:OK, so...

All right. We have friction between nonny and Formerfish. I want to scumread nonny except that it is reminding me of my last game (1872, especially in day 3).
However this is NOT day 3, this is day 1.

I still want to keep my vote on nonny. This could be a mislynch, but we can afford 2 mislynches, so...

Would you like to defend yourself or claim a power role?
Wait... wot.... no..... You don't ask for claim at L-2. You also don't vote for people on the idea that town can "afford" it. You're basically opening up for a mislynch in such a way that you can say "lol opps" tomorrow and have no consequences. This is scummy.

VOTE: E2.7
In post 222, IcemanCh wrote:I'm willing to bet scum is on damage control right now and that's why we haven't heard from E2.7

VOTE: E

I think that's L-1
This is all so surface and something I can definitely see coming from scum. No actual real thought went into this (please don’t call me out on this or I’ll cry).

The bus came on something that looked like damage control. Something he knew his buddy was going to get heck for. And the vote to L-1 is the biggest bus vote I can find.

Geurilla I can urge you to look at my scum games to prove I’m not that trash and you don’t have to feel bad for me. I bus without hesitation in most scum games. I would have known there was no saving 2.7. You should look at the wagon for bussing, I’m 100% sure his partner knew he was screwed.

gtkas
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:27 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

In post 441, nonny wrote:Why do you like policy lynches so much? Not the first time you've suggested one.

I'm working on a reread/long post(hoping to be done within the hour). Please don't keep throwing votes around at this point. Bins is acting suspect as hell but I don't think she's our scum.
Mod can we have current vote count?
I believe they're a necessity in the early game when they're an option, if the need to use em arises. Like imo 2.7 was a policy lynch. We can call his claim scummy or talk about how we read obvious bad intentions but let's avoid the unearned confidence of hindsight for a sec: the biggest argument for lynching him was depriving scum the capacity to use him as WIFOM. We all had doubts and wanted to back out at various points, and at the end of the day we kinda got lucky on a policy lynch. We weren't at all certain he was scum. We risked losing a doctor.

IMO policy lynches shouldn't be done on D2 if D1 was a misslynch, and shouldn't be done on D3 ever. It's just about identifying a pattern of behavior, or a character state, that can be used to hurt town, regardless if it comes from town or scum.

Plus if we won this game on two policy lynches I'd be vindicated forever. Strangers will give me money and compliments. I'll find my inner peace, at last.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”