Mini 2018 - American Presidents Mafia (Game Over)

Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:55 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1222, Irrelephant11 wrote:I'm completely open to you explaining yourself? And confused why you won't
No thanks.

Looking at the nature of your scum read it is an obvious case of confirmation-bias. Even the innocent/NAI posts I have made, you have attached insidious scum-motivation to them :giggle: . I think only other town/or scum (who know I am town) can help you. Nauci's earlier post did this exceptionally well.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:05 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

But your refusal to answer for your own actions doesn’t make it easier for me to townread you
Also
-scum don’t have much incentive to convince me you’re town
-town doesn’t know you’re town

So just tell me your thoughts behind things? Don’t just “accept the scumread” (unless you’re scum)
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:08 am

Post by Shoshin »

36 seems to be asking whether I ever open games as scum by bussing teammates.

Irrelephant is right that Key's question implies that I could be scum here even if I lynch scum on D1.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:09 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 1220, Irrelephant11 wrote:Shoshin is still a woman, btw
Bad habit. I’m trying best I can.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:11 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 1220, Irrelephant11 wrote:I can't think of myself ever asking that as town at that point
Fine I get that. It’s sort of like my read on sho. I can’t see town doing what he has done but you town read him for it.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:14 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 1223, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm saying your logic is wrong. Multiple people have objected to your reasoning and you haven't taken any of it in.
This still implies I’m town.

I’m not taking it in because those people aren’t really looking at his actions. They are biased because they already town read him and they refuse to consider a new perspective.

Nobody has explained why town sho would lie like he did, why town sho would refuse to answer me, or even why town show would accuse others of misrepping when he is guilty of it himself.

So since nobody can do that, their opinions don’t really hold any weight.

This is basically multiple cases of conf.bias.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:15 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1224, Keyser Söze wrote:
Gamma Emerald ISO re-read:

Entitled 'A Tale of WIFOM'.
Took over 5 posts to get Gamma to share a simple observation/opinion/read, despite a page one break from RVS.
Told me he wants to "kick back" this game, so indirectly acknowledges his distant/laboured start. I wanted The Incredible Hulk, he was giving me comatose Bruce Banner.
Early game, seemed to be more interested in finding out who Bernie Sanders was an alt of instead of finding out who was scum :giggle:
Gamma then challenges both Shoshin and Invisibility. Would class it as pro-active surface level scum hunting. He's looking for meaning, but it's easy work so far, so not gonna applaud.
Gamma talks a bit game theory with Soshin. Playing the nice/helpful guy so far... but later says skitter's "logic kinda seems weak". I prefer this more pointed play. Still not enough aggressive scum hunting for me though.
I called his early play "distant and nice", Gamma comes back and says: "I want to enjoy this as much as possible, getting into a big stink kinda defeats that goal". Gamma is fully aware (or says he is fully aware) of the non-aggressive tone he is demonstrating. Thus, he acknowledges he'll likely stick out among the loud/abrasive/tenacious characters in the playerlist.
In post 519, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 402, Bernie Sanders wrote:Keyser if you put your sus on me aside for the moment who do you think is scum?
I kinda question the motive of this type of post: it reads like trying to subtly make someone drop the read they're being told to set aside
This suspicion involves me as the victim, so it resonated with me for a while, and added another shade to my suspicion of Bernie Sanders. I hope Gamma follows up this with more questions to BS.
honestly fair, but I didn't see any continuation of this, however he never answered why I shouldn't be harping on him about this.
In post 570, Gamma Emerald wrote:What have I done to deserve being higher? You haven't seemed to have that high of an opinion of me so far so this is off-color imo.
Yes, feels like Gamma questioning the sincerity of my frustration/suspicion of his slot. He notices a CONTRADICTION. But it does demonstrate he is actually
very aware
of players who are not town reading him (I never called him outright 'scum', but I have been keeping him in my sight all game, nudging and poking him).

Decides NSG's rep out wasn't AI: "Yeah nsg flaking out is ehhh but given the ubiquitous drop-out I think it's passable". Wouldn't scum want to keep all replace out slots in the lynchable zone?

[INSERT FROM LATER]
In post 1080, Gamma Emerald wrote:one thing I can say is relevant is the idea that the replace outs were all scum.
Oh... Gamma has changed his tune.. please confirm Gamma :shifty:

Still too much fixation over who he thinks BS is. Needs to be more serious.

Defends Momrangel over Bernie's accusation that her stances were not actually stances/sitting on hard-read people. Is Gamma developing a scum read on Bernie...?
In post 722, Gamma Emerald wrote:I have multiple townreads but no scumreads
Not even a s/lean on Bernie?
[LATER]
In post 1128, Gamma Emerald wrote:Bernie Sanders kinda feels town
OK, I was way off. Definitely thought he cast some doubt in your head surely though...?
Just because I disagreed with Bernie's stance doesn't mean that I should scumread them. Pretty poor reasoning there.
In post 884, Gamma Emerald wrote:I haven't voted once
Gamma's "no scumreads" comment is backed up by the point that he hasn't voted anyone. However, if he's finding it hard to sort players why not use your vote? He surely isn't hard town reading everyone. Why not step on people's toes, provoke reactions, follow up your suspicions. You can't play this sit-on-fence periphery figure without expecting the wrath of other players questioning your behaviour (quite a WIFOM element in favour of him, as it would be so easy to lynch him for his backseat persona). The way he said "I haven't voted once" sounded like he was open and proud of that fact too :giggle:
I wasn't proud of it, I was just stating it's kinda weird to judge me with the other non-voters given that fact.

Gustavo is the ONE player I feel Gamma has interacted with directly (with emotion?). Gamma does look torn on Gustavo.
you obviously aren't reviewing my most recent play if this is your conclusion on the matter.

These are Gamma's null/scum leans:
In post 1128, Gamma Emerald wrote:Nauci tbd
Momrangal haven't gotten anything solid yet
Not_Mafia a bit scummish
the worst could be scum
Gustavo could be irrational town or scum
northsidegal blech
I wish I'd seen more direct interactions with these players. A town player should be showing more signs of frustration with so many unresolved players.
Nauci and Gustavo don't really count among those, NM yeah I want to interact but that require his participation too, Momrangal is honestly the one I most want to chat with out of those, tw hasn't been too active, and putting nsg on there is just foul cos the slot was inactive, so how could I interact? This point kinda makes me scumread Keyser a bit.
In post 1212, Gamma Emerald wrote:A lot more engagement how? If I need to be more engaged, what the fuck do you want from me? If others need to be more engaged with me that's placing the burden of removing the scumread on other people which isn't fair to me because regardless of what I do if no one else does what you want "oh no one is engaging with him, SCUM!!!!"
Oh dear lord.
*FEELS INTENSFIES*
has Gamma finally cracked? :giggle:
I mean in a sense yeah? I'm not very happy with the standard Nauci seems to be judging me from.

Some conclusions soon.

@Gamma - what do you think my read of you should be right now, based on my above opinions of your play so far?
Honestly I'd expect a scumread, but some of your stuff feels questionable. I'll be sure to work on a write up of a couple of questions to some of the people you reminded me of (Bernie, Momrangal, NM, EP)
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:16 am

Post by Gustavo »

Btw gamma, The fact you went a majority of the day without voting anyone is a huge red flag. The few times I’ve seen that those people flipped scum. Even if I’m wrong and you are actually town, it’s shameful you’ve done that.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:17 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1230, Gustavo wrote:
In post 1223, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm saying your logic is wrong. Multiple people have objected to your reasoning and you haven't taken any of it in.
This still implies I’m town.

I’m not taking it in because those people aren’t really looking at his actions. They are biased because they already town read him and they refuse to consider a new perspective.

Nobody has explained why town sho would lie like he did, why town sho would refuse to answer me, or even why town show would accuse others of misrepping when he is guilty of it himself.

So since nobody can do that, their opinions don’t really hold any weight.

This is basically multiple cases of conf.bias.
But sho didn't even lie? I'm gonna need you to demonstrate how what she has said about her meta is a lie. As for refusing to answer you maybe it's because she thinks you're not judging her fairly so she sees no point? As for misrepping haven't paid attention to that so I may need to look that over myself.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:18 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1232, Gustavo wrote:Btw gamma, The fact you went a majority of the day without voting anyone is a huge red flag. The few times I’ve seen that those people flipped scum. Even if I’m wrong and you are actually town, it’s shameful you’ve done that.
I think that's the first time I've done that in any game. Honestly I'm not happy with it myself because it makes me feel like I'm dead weight.
<Embrace The Void>

Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:21 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1226, Irrelephant11 wrote:Don’t just “accept the scumread” (unless you’re scum)
Town can accept a scum-read on themselves :giggle: Your scum-tell book is again short sighted :(
It's about sussing out if anything I say will actually help you sort me. Judging by the nature of your scum read... I doubt it.
Me defending myself ain't gonna help me find scum, but it would help to stop a potential misslynch.

If you think I am being anti-town or grossly damaging to the game then I may spend a few hours addressing everything you have wrote about me. Don't want anyone feeling like that.

Moreover,
if I'm L-1
, or if the majority scum read me, I promise I will pro-actively defend myself with great passion and immense conviction :twisted:
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:38 am

Post by Shoshin »

Key, what're your current reads?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:39 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1231, Gamma Emerald wrote:This point kinda makes me scumread Keyser a bit
I think my point was fair.

I think you should have shown more... town-
impetus
initiative
urgency

Do you think the motivation I've seen you demonstrate this game co-relates with the ideal town player in my head: showing initiative when faced with a lack of strong reads?

Why couldn't I be a disappointed townie @Gamma? Don't know why you jumped to "scumread Keyser".
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:02 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 1233, Gamma Emerald wrote:But sho didn't even lie?
She did and I proved she did. That’s my issue right now. How can do many people deny actual proof is beyond me.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:04 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 1233, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm gonna need you to demonstrate how what she has said about her meta is a lie.
Did that already. She said she doesn’t give reasons or whatever (can’t remember the exact phrase) but most of her votes has reason. She said I should know based off her meta she doesn’t do this but her meta showed she did.

That’s a lie. A straight up, bold faced lie
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:06 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1236, Shoshin wrote:Key, what're your current reads?
Gonna explore scum-Bernie Sanders-Momrangal.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:07 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 959, Shoshin wrote:
In post 951, Gustavo wrote:
In post 191, Shoshin wrote:Nauci
Why did you vote nauci immediately after math did with absolutely no reason for it and hardly any mention of him prior?
As you know from Tropical, I don't always state my reasons for voting. So why ask this question?
In post 995, Gustavo wrote:Btw if you look at shoshin’s town game. His first serious vote on invisibility includes reasons with his vote - viewtopic.php?p=10200938#p10200938

His 2nd serious vote was on mumble and it included reasons - viewtopic.php?p=10212098#p10212098

His 3rd serious vote was on me and it included reasons - viewtopic.php?p=10220015#p10220015

His 4th vote lacked reason but his 5th had some.

Please somebody verify what I’ve just posted and see if what sho says below is truthful.
In post 959, Shoshin wrote:As you know from Tropical, I don't always state my reasons for voting. So why ask this question?
Sorry but the 1 time late game isn’t enough to make her statement true. Almost every vote had reasons. There were a couple other votes that she brings up later and I explained why I didn’t count those not. She confused her games and those votes around that time seemed to be related to them.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:15 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Gustavo have you glanced at Shoshin's town game in "Newbie 1869 | Stuff I found online II"?
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:18 am

Post by Gustavo »

And damn you for making me talk about that bullshit again.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:19 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 1242, Irrelephant11 wrote:Gustavo have you glanced at Shoshin's town game in "Newbie 1869 | Stuff I found online II"?
No. Why would I?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:20 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Well I'm having trouble knowing if you still scumread Nauci for her naked vote but regardless it's Shoshin's most recent town meta and it's relevant to a lot of things you are thinking/saying
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:21 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

*scumread shoshin lol when you've been ISOing one player and try to talk about another :P
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:49 am

Post by Gustavo »

my internet is acting up due to some outage and I am low on data so bbl
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:58 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 1245, Irrelephant11 wrote:Well I'm having trouble knowing if you still scumread Nauci for her naked vote but regardless it's Shoshin's most recent town meta and it's relevant to a lot of things you are thinking/saying
the only reason I was looking at that game was because she mentioned that game. She said I should know better because that is what she did that game.

The reality of the matter is I was super busy during that game and barely paid attention, especially since town was attacking each other. I honestly didn't really remember much about her and only pushed her after a specific incident made her look bad. That incident was due to another idiot townie and not sho's fault but of course as scum I was taking advantage of it.

So when THIS game she says she is doing what she did in that game, I quickly iso'd her and searched for "vote:" and learned that she gave reasons for her first couple of serious votes outside of rvs. That alone makes this game different than that game and her comparison of the 2 is a farce.

Now she could very well be town here and just mis-remembered, but she didn't say that after I showed the difference. She didn't even respond to me when I showed her the differences. Guilty go silent. Town defend themselves imo.

That is where I am at and unless I see an innocent result on her, which I won't see today, I am sticking with MY read. I don't care if nobody else agrees with me. I accepted that and have moved on to gamma. Talking about my read of sho is pointless and if we are both town, scum is laughing about it because that is how scum won that other game.

That is where I am leaving it. I am going to try and just put my scum read of her on the backburner and start looking for other scum. I don't want to tunnel anymore and I don't want to argue. it's statistically proven to be detriment to town when these kinds of arguments happen.

I like a gamme lynch, i'd be ok with maybe a math or skitter lynch also. The worst and nauci I feel are townish to me and anyone else not mentioned I don't have a read on them yet.

Please do not ask me about sho anymore today. There is literally nothing else I can say that I haven't already.

Thank you
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:03 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »