Newbie 1876 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:47 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Reminder to Ice to answer 425 when he has the chance.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by nonny »

In post 497, brassherald wrote:So do I. I feel like it has to be Ice or trinity, unless one of you is just ridiculously good at scum.
Not impossible, just highly improbable.
In post 498, IcemanCh wrote:So do you lynch me first or sky? I can tell you I"m town but, that doesn't really work. So I really hope that scum isn't in Brass, Woo, and Sky. If I have to self lynch to make things happen I'm willing to just tell me what you all want to do.
What is your read on Trinity?

I don't want to have blinders on, being over confidant could still be bad for the town. We should still use the time we have an make sure we are on the right track.
In post 459, TrinityNZ wrote:
In post 455, nonny wrote:From all this I'm between Ice and Trinity as scum. More confident in the latter so VOTE: Trinity.

Feel free to continue your regularly scheduled program. (sorry for asking votes to stop, felt like a lot was happening quickly while I was stuck re-reading, now off to bed since stayed up way too late doing all that)
Gosh, I didn’t know I could ask for posts to stop. I’d like that too. I’m really struggling to catch up with everything that’s been said during my day at work, I really don’t know where to start! I have to keep checking definitions of things, like bussing, policy lynch, WIFOM, and every time I come back there’s another long post!
You can ask, doesn't mean it'll happen. See Bins post 314 for precedent in this very game. And I simply asked for votes to stop being thrown around.
*insert bad joke here*
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:08 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 499, GuerillaWoo wrote:Right now I'm leaning Trinity.

VOTE: Trinity tell us why it shouldn't be you. Do you agree with this lynch within two strategy?
Could you explain what you mean by lynch within two strategy? I’m nit understanding this power role stuff and the strategy talk but it does seem I’ve been completely wrong about bins and nonny. So

UNVOTE:
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:14 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

In post 502, TrinityNZ wrote:
In post 499, GuerillaWoo wrote:Right now I'm leaning Trinity.

VOTE: Trinity tell us why it shouldn't be you. Do you agree with this lynch within two strategy?
Could you explain what you mean by lynch within two strategy? I’m nit understanding this power role stuff and the strategy talk but it does seem I’ve been completely wrong about bins and nonny. So

UNVOTE:
That by process of elimination, it's either you or Ice, and we just have to lynch one of you two at random and we'll win.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:51 pm

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 425, Skygazer wrote:Sus of Ice jumping onto Bins after sheeping her brass read.

Ice, what about the flip made you change your mind on brass? What are your thoughts on Trinity at the moment?

It's one of those hindsight things. Plus I"m really bad at second guessing myself in this game. One of the reasons why E flipping red was so frustrating for me. For once I stuck with a read almost to the end only to jump off for a minute and lose it.

Anyways. In hindsight everyone was right about E. So the majority was right about E. Everyone was claiming some connection between Bins and E. If E flipped red then Bins must be red too. So, I went with. I'll be honest I"m not 100% up on the logic behind why but, if everyone was right about E then everyone should be right about bins.

Of course that's turned out to be wrong as well.

So Nonny and Bins are both town. Woo is way to involved to be scum. Brass is to me seems much more involved and town like now.

I am still concerned about Sky being scum. Especially know that we look back and she tried to put info out there like she might be a possible power role. No one pushed her on it because it was D1 and we were pushing on E. Now, it comes out as some kind of weak assumption that Bins was a power role. I don't like the smell of it to be honest.

I'm good with Trinity and I being lumped into possible scum.

To me it's Skygrazer, Trinity and I that should be in everyone's lynch pool.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:52 pm

Post by IcemanCh »

Not to mention the complete lack of substantial content from Bins.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:53 pm

Post by IcemanCh »

Getting ready to walk out the door. I'll check in.... sometime in the next 24 hours. Whenever the wife and I switch driving.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:51 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 504, IcemanCh wrote: I am still concerned about Sky being scum. Especially know that we look back and she tried to put info out there like she might be a possible power role. No one pushed her on it because it was D1 and we were pushing on E. Now, it comes out as some kind of weak assumption that Bins was a power role. I don't like the smell of it to be honest.
Ah, I'm glad someone picked up that I was keeping my initial statement vague enough to be interpreted that way. Can you think of any reasons why a town member would want to look like a power role when they're not?
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:21 am

Post by IcemanCh »

The only reason I can think of is to get scum to target them at night instead of an actual power role OR scum trying to leave clues to later make a claim
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:40 am

Post by IcemanCh »

To me it seems more scummy then not. I don't like fake role plays. They always come across scummy.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:40 am

Post by IcemanCh »

VOTE: skygazer
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:10 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

Yeah I ain't buying that. Went through her ISO again.

What do you think about Trinity, Ice?
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:25 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 508, IcemanCh wrote:The only reason I can think of is to get scum to target them at night instead of an actual power role
Ding ding
Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:39 am

Post by Jackal711 »

VOTE COUNT 2.2

TrinityNZ (2) - nonny, GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo (0) -
Skygazer (0) - IcemanCh
IcemanCh (2) - brassherald, Bins
nonny (0) -
brassherald (0) -
Bins (0) -

Not Voting: Skygazer, TrinityNZ

With 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch.

Day 2 deadline is Thursday, July 12th at 10:45 am PDT which is in
(expired on 2018-07-12 10:45:00)
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:50 am

Post by IcemanCh »

I don't have super strong thoughts on trinity. Nothing super stands out to me. For all intents and purposes Trinity is neutral to me. I completely support the idea that scum is in me trinity or sky. I also accept the lynching of me and trinity first. But I'm telling you after you lunch and trinity flips town you'll need to lynch skygazer in lylo. I don't but the town trying to protect a power role.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:51 am

Post by IcemanCh »

I'm convinced sky bussed E.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:04 am

Post by GuerillaWoo »

I actually kinda buy that.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:05 am

Post by nonny »

In post 507, Skygazer wrote:
In post 504, IcemanCh wrote: I am still concerned about Sky being scum. Especially know that we look back and she tried to put info out there like she might be a possible power role. No one pushed her on it because it was D1 and we were pushing on E. Now, it comes out as some kind of weak assumption that Bins was a power role. I don't like the smell of it to be honest.
Ah, I'm glad someone picked up that I was keeping my initial statement vague enough to be interpreted that way. Can you think of any reasons why a town member would want to look like a power role when they're not?
Which is being discussed?
In post 439, Skygazer wrote:I still have that one reasoning as to why I think Bins could be town (the one I said I'm holding close to the chest that I'm still not willing to discuss) so I'm holding off on placing her at L-1 until I see more from her and Ice.

or
In post 335, Skygazer wrote:I don't think lynching Bins today is the best idea for the record, for reasons I don't want to talk about yet.
Because 1 independent of 2 could be a breadcrumb. But with 2 it just simply looks like a follow up. And following up a hint like that which was first posted day 1 doesn't look like a breadcrumb PR to me. Since as we all know, we start in Day. Short of being scum, everyone starts with the same information on other players.

In post 512, Skygazer wrote:
In post 508, IcemanCh wrote:The only reason I can think of is to get scum to target them at night instead of an actual power role
Ding ding
What I don't get is why you would admit to bread-crumbing for a role you are saying you don't have. Esp a weak breadcrumb at best. I'm utterly lost. I'd discount it as Ice stretching, but you admitting it is odd.

I do like that Ice is still scum hunting. The offer to lynch himself prior stood out but has too much WIFOM to really want to discuss. To be clear in post 453 I did not clear Sky wholly. I do still find E's anticipation of her odd. I have also already stated and still feel we shouldn't be overconfident, I do feel trinity is scum independent of our current scum in 2 scenario, but that does not mean we don't look at everyone else. Nothing is confirmed until scum is dead.
IcemanCh wrote:I'm convinced sky bussed E.
Reading back through Sky's Iso to find the "breadcrumb" I'd say this isn't farfetched. She casted shade on E but never actually voted him until pretty late in the game, she was on Nonny wagon at first and then tried to start Trinity wagon when we were pretty darn close to our E lynch conclusion. The only time she voted E was the hammer, this should not escape notice.
*insert bad joke here*
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:09 am

Post by nonny »

UNVOTE:

Just to be clear, no where near ready for Day 2 to end. We still have over 12 days that can be used. Also I assume I'm NK, so not looking forward to that :lol:
*insert bad joke here*
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:50 am

Post by IcemanCh »

I'm getting the feeling that admitting it and bringing it up was so that it could get hashed out now before LYLO. If that is the case then it means that Sky KNOWS she is going to be in lylo. Which would mean she knows trinity and I are not scum

I get that this seems to be a stretch and that could be because I'm new. I think our best bet is to make sure Brass and Woo make it to lylo. Nonny will be NK tonight. So there is a good chance we can get them to LYLO.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:12 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 514, IcemanCh wrote:I don't have super strong thoughts on trinity. Nothing super stands out to me. For all intents and purposes Trinity is neutral to me. I completely support the idea that scum is in me trinity or sky. I also accept the lynching of me and trinity first. But I'm telling you after you lunch and trinity flips town you'll need to lynch skygazer in lylo. I don't but the town trying to protect a power role.
Could you explain a bit more why you are offering yourself up as scum here? I don’t know why you would do that if you were town?

Are you saying that because we are town and not power roles, that we should get lynched first, to save the others with power roles? So we would be like a sacrifice? If so, and it helps town win, then that seems logical I guess.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:38 pm

Post by IcemanCh »

I'm not saying that I'm scum. What I'm saying is that Nonny and Bins are both conf town. That leaves Me, you, brass, woo, and sky as possible scum. I believe that woo and Brass are the most likely town here based on their actions and post. That leaves me, you and sky as the possible scum. You and I are the easiest lynchs as we have the weakest positions. I think the sky is more likely the scum we are looking for but it's a much more complicated read. So I'm on board with you and I bring lynched on order to get a town win.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:40 pm

Post by IcemanCh »

Basically you and I are 100% expendable and neither of us should be in lylo.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

In post 520, TrinityNZ wrote:
In post 514, IcemanCh wrote:I don't have super strong thoughts on trinity. Nothing super stands out to me. For all intents and purposes Trinity is neutral to me. I completely support the idea that scum is in me trinity or sky. I also accept the lynching of me and trinity first. But I'm telling you after you lunch and trinity flips town you'll need to lynch skygazer in lylo. I don't but the town trying to protect a power role.
Could you explain a bit more why you are offering yourself up as scum here? I don’t know why you would do that if you were town?

Are you saying that because we are town and not power roles, that we should get lynched first, to save the others with power roles? So we would be like a sacrifice? If so, and it helps town win, then that seems logical I guess.
Anyone else see shade thrown in P1 followed by a town mentality setup in P2 all wrapped in a blanket of "I'm a newbie".

Think I've made up my mind on a Trinity lynch today.
GuerillaWoo
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
GuerillaWoo
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:25 pm

Post by GuerillaWoo »

Also I'm worried that I'm town reading Brass too easily but also I think he's town

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”