Mini 2018 - American Presidents Mafia (Game Over)

Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:04 am

Post by Gustavo »

If you are scum Bernie looks bad.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:09 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So thinking about it NM inactivity might be NAI? This isn't anywhere near solid fyi
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:13 am

Post by Gustavo »

My experience with Nm is he’s useless and never actually plays the game. He literally does nothing to help town
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:24 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1397, Gamma Emerald wrote:Mind telling the class how none of what I've been doing is scumhunting?
I don't think there's much chance of convincing you that you're scum, so not sure what you're hoping to achieve here.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:25 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1403, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1397, Gamma Emerald wrote:Mind telling the class how none of what I've been doing is scumhunting?
I don't think there's much chance of convincing you that you're scum, so not sure what you're hoping to achieve here.
Convincing me that you're not manufacturing a crock of bullshit to mislynch me?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:28 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1404, Gamma Emerald wrote:
That should be apparent from my posting. If I'm wrong about you, then where did I go wrong with my townreads?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1405, Shoshin wrote:
That should be apparent from my posting. If I'm wrong about you, then where did I go wrong with my townreads?
So you only have one scumread in me? Who is scum with me? Besides that rather than deflecting to your other reads, how about you justify your read on me?
<Embrace The Void>

Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:48 am

Post by Momrangal »

In post 1326, Irrelephant11 wrote:Can you give a strength of this mysterious townread
Like how much should I sheep you
It's a town for today, best to look into him tomorrow. What I saw him do, is something I have seen him do as scum but, giving him the benfit of the doubt today in the off chance that he's town could mean we are given information tomorrow that will absolutely help the game state
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:16 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1402, Gustavo wrote:My experience with Nm is he’s useless and never actually plays the game. He literally does nothing to help town
How does he not get PLed every game

Wat
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:28 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1405, Shoshin wrote:
That was the weird thing

I've been pressuring Gamma since his first 5 posts but I didn't see much commentary from you on why he's scum until the post today

But there is a lot of evidence of how much you've been thinking about his slot, asking him questions and asking others questions about him. Not sure what alignment info I'd pull out of that but I don't have much insight into your thought process on any individual post from him
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1389, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 1371, Nauci wrote:Okay you have to admit that it's reasonable for me to question if your townread on her is worth its salt if the post was defending you, regardless of the rest of the context, right?

Irrelephant11/TW/whomever else was planning to hammer: can we wait to see if Math/NM respond to prods in time? Which is a minimum of 12 hours from now, I think
First question pings me a ton

Yeah definitely, as long as we leave a little time for potential claiming/wagon switching

Also my towntell on Gamma has not been affirmed or refuted by anything since. Still pretty sure it’ll happen or not happen soon tho
Also this disturbs me a bit: you have a towntell on me? You've never played with me!
<Embrace The Void>

Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:36 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1402, Gustavo wrote:My experience with Nm is he’s useless and never actually plays the game. He literally does nothing to help town
I almost never want to PL but extreme inactivity and refusal to participate from a slot that only posts 2 words to prod Dodge makes the whole game so much harder to read that I want to. Like he's so anti town that it's made me question the scumread of Gamma I had for most of the game and if he's just going to be a source of this paranoia indefinitely even if he's not scum I can't abide it. The only reason I didn't already do this is because for some reason a lot of town were making "oh nm is always undeterringly useless and anti town" statements that discouraged voting there but I don't see why

VOTE: not_mafia

I do think gamma would give us more to read tomorrow than NM but literally everyone would

Not sure if nm flip would give us any info but that's just more of my frustration with the slot
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:37 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1410, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1389, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 1371, Nauci wrote:Okay you have to admit that it's reasonable for me to question if your townread on her is worth its salt if the post was defending you, regardless of the rest of the context, right?

Irrelephant11/TW/whomever else was planning to hammer: can we wait to see if Math/NM respond to prods in time? Which is a minimum of 12 hours from now, I think
First question pings me a ton

Yeah definitely, as long as we leave a little time for potential claiming/wagon switching

Also my towntell on Gamma has not been affirmed or refuted by anything since. Still pretty sure it’ll happen or not happen soon tho
Also this disturbs me a bit: you have a towntell on me? You've never played with me!
I think I know what he means and it's probably not a "town tell" type of thing
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: Not_Mafia
so my second game I checked wrt NM was 3-in-1 and in the first game at the very least he was pretty present, and he was town in all 3 games of 3-in-1. So I'm thinking he's scum here. the other game I checked, the earthbound game I modded, he was very active though flavor interest may very well have been the main reason, as he was very excited about it as I remember it.
<Embrace The Void>

Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:00 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 1408, Nauci wrote:
How does he not get PLed every game

Wat
Cause people rather lynch scum over PL somebody
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:06 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1413, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: Not_Mafia
so my second game I checked wrt NM was 3-in-1 and in the first game at the very least he was pretty present, and he was town in all 3 games of 3-in-1. So I'm thinking he's scum here. the other game I checked, the earthbound game I modded, he was very active though flavor interest may very well have been the main reason, as he was very excited about it as I remember it.
I’ve never played Earthbound
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:18 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Idk about consistency but in the game I replaced into, Not_Mafia was already dead as cop. He was very helpful actually, but it was hard to read him before he died (once dead, though, his cop clear was super obvious in retrospect). His votes were also good. I think Shoshin is probably right that lynching Gamma has a good chance of sorting Not_Mafia. Policy lynching certainly seems like the wrong decision, anyway.

All that said, I’m not townreading the slot at this point
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:26 am

Post by Shoshin »

I'm not policy lynching NM, and I think that push is terrible from both Gamma and Nauci.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:32 am

Post by Shoshin »

Hey Irrelephant, I don't know if you remember but NM was my strongest townread in that Newbie game before he died (like I was at 99% town). NM's readable and anyone suggesting otherwise is just wrong. And even if they think he's a policy lynch, they shouldn't be pushing his lynch today, you push policy at LYLO not D1.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:41 am

Post by Nauci »

It's important to note that just because I think it'd be a fine lynch even if he's town, I don't think he's town. However, gamma hopping on this one hope of a counter wagon feels like potentially one more cop out from scum hunting, but at least he provided context where NM actually post. Hard to square my read of gamma with my read of the reads on gamma.

I'm okay lynching nm if I don't feel like the stuff I'm uncomfortable with on the gamma wagon is resolved, because I don't think anyone is going to drop a new case in time that's superior to what we've got.

I think Bernie and Mom aren't s/s but maybe also not t/t so I need to reread there

Irrelephant11/the worst now that he's back at -3 are you going to vote gamma

No more posts until I see either non contributors post or Skitter/Keyser can give me guidance; gosh I hope my strongest town reads aren't horribly wrong

PEdit:

Shoshin I saw people saying NM is readable if he posts, which makes sense. I've skimmed games where NM posts and I would agree he's readable then. But how does your view factor in when he's averaging 2-3 words a day?

Also wait what the hell I thought PLs basically only happened D1 because it's not much worse than the otherwise uninformed reads; when is policy lynching at LYLO ever a thing? Isn't it by definition the last thing you should do at LYLO because policy lynching means beneficial even if they were town? What?!???

Man that's

What?!?!?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:51 am

Post by Shoshin »

I have lots of reasons to vote Gamma besides everyone else being more town.

For starters, he spent the majority of the day laying low and offering a couple safe reads on Key and Stun. Yes, he offered the occassional commentary (e.g. ) but there's no in-depth analysis of alignments.

is a scummy I'm-not-town post; questioning Key here doesn't make much sense from a town perspective.

feels like a bullshit excuse for not having the excitement he would have had as town.

and seem like someone who knows Gustavo is town rather than someone who's reading him genuinely. And the follow-up in feels opportunistic.

Then he starts playing the game a bit more actively since he's under pressure but keeps going after easy targets - eventually votes the worst, keeps talking about NM as null but now he's voting NM.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:53 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1419, Nauci wrote:Shoshin I saw people saying NM is readable if he posts, which makes sense. I've skimmed games where NM posts and I would agree he's readable then. But how does your view factor in when he's averaging 2-3 words a day?
He's posting a usual amount for someone who is set on a Gamma lynch.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:58 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1419, Nauci wrote:Also wait what the hell I thought PLs basically only happened D1 because it's not much worse than the otherwise uninformed reads; when is policy lynching at LYLO ever a thing? Isn't it by definition the last thing you should do at LYLO because policy lynching means beneficial even if they were town?
What's the purpose of a policy lynch? If it's to remove players you don't like, then sure, lynch on D1. But if it's to remove players who can't be read, the optimal strategy is lynching them at the last possible moment after all efforts to read them have failed.

I think towns are capable of consistently lynching scum on D1, so I disagree that PLs aren't much worse than lynching uninformed reads. I also think PLs should be reserved for cases where a player truly can't be read, not for cases where you dislike how a player plays.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:01 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1392, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1300, the worst wrote:
In post 1212, Gamma Emerald wrote: A lot more engagement how? If I need to be more engaged, what the fuck do you want from me? If others need to be more engaged with me that's placing the burden of removing the scumread on other people which isn't fair to me because regardless of what I do if no one else does what you want "oh no one is engaging with him, SCUM!!!!"
Gamma Emerald wrote:Doing quick activity checks to determine if anyone could be scum due to the stall
Mathdino hasn't posted since posting here
Not_Mafia has DEFINITELY been active elsewhere, thinking this might actually be mafia
the worst has been active elsewhere, plus despite being bored at one point has not tried to engage since then, probably scum
Shoshin has been very active in one other game, this might be passable but still sketchy
VOTE: the worst
Still definitely want to keep talking with Gustavo but he's actually provided signs that he's not bsing so I don't like the vote as much, and given the compilation of things against the worst I think he's the best vote rn
VOTE: Gamma

scum with 1+ of the other people he's shaded in 1294.
In post 1303, the worst wrote:UNVOTE:

L-2 for ^ this while I catch up proper
this doesn't make you look any better
this means you reacted to my vote with OMGUS before catching up
this makes me want to revote x(
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:02 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1422, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1419, Nauci wrote:Also wait what the hell I thought PLs basically only happened D1 because it's not much worse than the otherwise uninformed reads; when is policy lynching at LYLO ever a thing? Isn't it by definition the last thing you should do at LYLO because policy lynching means beneficial even if they were town?
What's the purpose of a policy lynch? If it's to remove players you don't like, then sure, lynch on D1. But if it's to remove players who can't be read, the optimal strategy is lynching them at the last possible moment after all efforts to read them have failed.

I think towns are capable of consistently lynching scum on D1, so I disagree that PLs aren't much worse than lynching uninformed reads. I also think PLs should be reserved for cases where a player truly can't be read, not for cases where you dislike how a player plays.
D: D: D:

This runs basically counter to all mafia theory I've ever come across

I don't even know how to process that into my understanding of your thought processes

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”