Newbie 1874 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #417 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:33 am

Post by OkaPoka »

hello all

I am going to be catching up soon. In the meantime, anything I should be paying attention to when I do the read?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #422 (isolation #1) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Basically typing as I read
Apologies if I get some things wrong, this is based on a light skim + and iso's, typically I don't dig until day 2 and see something off.
OnlyIAmMe-
->spends iso's 0-12 doing nothing of substance.

-> okay here is what I don't get, in [post=, he calls out Lefty for attacking Una which is meh. But then he moves on to mark Una as secondary scum which is fair.
-> He makes a couple insubstantial posts in between until , in which it appears he has UnaBombaH as the secondary townsperson/third formatting is weird, but the point is there appears to be a massive difference in reads in the course of these 9 posts. Oddly enough the only posts in that timeframe are interactions between OIAM and Lefty. And Lefty spent the time making Una appear more scummy, something isn’t adding up here.
-> Has an interesting conversation with Stanley, I don’t really get the point of it. Seems like trying to draw something that isn’t there.
-> Una moves up to most town for him, that is fair but I don’t really see the transition between 170 to 328. Never explained.
-> Okay is one weird post. Why is he trying to draw out a PR day 1? Something is off.
-> and are awfully weird. Trying to fake a scumslip? What is this guy on about.
-> Okay now this guy claims VT for some reason. What in the world?
I don’t understand what OIAM is trying to accomplish here. It is fishy to me, something is off with this guy.
stan1ey-
-> lol is that a scumslip? what in the world
-> This is a weak reason to swap your vote over to a sizeable wagon.
-> simply scumreading without explanation is kinda weak. Unless you want to explain a little more or try to push some info out of him. Reading this as a hit and run or something along those lines.
-> an argument with OIAM, nice.
-> okay I’m kind of starting to follow your logic, but this is some basic stuff about not lynching PRs. But this throws it all out the window. Why in the world are we lynching a PR, sure your point about stalling can work for a lynch, but typically town would not like to lynch a PR. Just my thought
->okay I am following, better to claim now if PR if deadline is near so a new wagon can form. Still don’t like previous posts about being okay with lynching a PR. Lynching a PR is a death sentence.
-> oooh a wall: wait a moment. In the next post he has OIAM has the second most scummy but in the wall he is towny reading him. Does he really have only one scumread?
->and here he goes swapping some things around. Draynth really dropped to null territory huh?
BlackVoid/KernelRunaway-
->kernel: wow a gamesolve already. And this guy only has activity as the basis of his case. Wonder how he got replaced then. Now doing nothing k. and he is gone.
-> first post is a wishy-washy post on una and oiam and fc and draynth? That is a lot of null/lack of confidence. Where is the conviction?
->okay he has conviction on townreads
->ooh he is asking some questions to una, okay I like where this is going
-> okay this guy might be town, he is pretty well-put together and actually asks questions. Though would like to see more activity from him, because scum can pretty easily just ask a few questions, write a few walls, and then hide.
Lefty-
->I like this aggresivness from lefty, though is bs
->okay would have preferred some explanation bethind the una vote other than choo choo
->extremely confident in his gameplay and reads, not sure of validity of his case against una but the motive seems pretty towny overall, does not shy away from confrontation.
-> I hope lefty means he is going to lynch una based on content generation and overall scummy activity and not a policy lynch
-> would love if you delved deeper into why you would want to lynch FC
-> okay he explains it, though a compromise lynch is kind of weird unless you are going to push FC for answers.
Myloninja13 –
->though I dislike PoE using townreads personally to come to a vote, it is still fair and probably a townie thing to operate in that fashion.
-> okay spends lots of his posts doing nothing of substance
->eww meta reads, though that is not necessarily scummy I feel like it is a dangerous game to play because meta can evolve and change at any time
Draynth-
->no like this, spending a bit too much time talking about not this game related things, questions are weak, and poking around without stabbing.
->guy needs to do something proactive
->lots of questions that don’t seem to be going anywhere in assistance to town
-> first real vote is a L1, provides a nice readslist tho
-> another L1
-> zzz
Ircher-
->yeah he is town, too lazy to comment on anything because nothing scummy is standing out. Also I see big walls so im just going to go ahead and skim that and revisit it at a later time. Appears he is pushing for some lynches which is nice and is actually actively scumhunting.
-> wait why the Stanley vote, says he is ok with it but WHY
UnaBombaH-
->I didn’t see the merit to wagoning una at first, but he seems to be getting really defensive and he isn’t new to this game so
-> uh wut. How does slotting someone as town make them scum. Gonna need more info.
-> im liking the confidence, feel like it’s a bit misguided because you are ignoring the idea that he is town just trying to be town. Saying its NAI simply does not make sense in this scenario, it isn’t like he is doing nothing of substance
-> town pockets too bruh, or maybe not pocket but they can have solid town reads and agree heavilyd
->I do like the aggressiveness on lefty tho, shows that he is actually motivated which is usually town or just decent scum
-> you can make reads without those two in mind tho, just mark them as null
-> okay he is doing something now of substance
-> im just going to skim these walls tho, revisit later
-> okay so this guy is a pr 100%, if he manages to make it out next day then either he is lying or we have some really inattentive scum

Scummy to Town

OIAM > Stanley > Una > Draynth > Mylo > Black > Lefty > Ircher

Probably will reread later for more reads now that ive done an iso dive
more comments inc
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:39 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Not okay with lynching una today because read my previous post

Ircher/Lefty are probably town with their activity levels and playstyle. Lefty requested replacement so I that'll suck, but if Ircher is scum and keeps up this level of activity, he'll probs slip up somewhere. I hope.

Draynth and Mylo and Black need to talk more, my reads are pretty generic on them.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #424 (isolation #3) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

VOTE: onlyiamme

look at my post, respond to some questions I have about you please.
Mainly how did you go from una being second scum to town in such a short period of time without him doing anything?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:24 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

what about that weird thing where you tried to fake a scumslip/trying to draw out a pr claim?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (isolation #5) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:28 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 349, OnlyIAmMe wrote:Accidentally quoted again.

Una, could you be a cop? Maybe instead of nk the cop could investigate you first, to see if you should be mislynched or kept alive?
like explain the town motivation behind this post
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #431 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:54 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

im sorry i dont understand what you mean

who is going to say "how do you know it is mafia cop"
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:03 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 432, stan1ey wrote:Bro come on i never suggested lynching a PR.. surely there is a difference between a PR and someone claiming a PR otherwise we'd only ever lynch VTs.

Also i think the post you mean where you said OIAM claimed a VT, i think he was suggesting Una is a VT not himself
In post 287, stan1ey wrote:Actually i should say that although i think theres a slight chance Una is a power role, at this point he is straight up stalling. If he claims a PR this late in the game we are kinda screwed since we probably wont have time to make another wagon. if he was a PR he would have claimed earlier as he would want us to have the time to be able to form a new wagon properly. I am pretty certain he is mafia. there is no way claiming tomorrow would have been better for a town victory than claiming 3 days ago, i think actually
i would be ok lynching Una even if he claims a PR at this point
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (isolation #8) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:03 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

could you clarify a little more on what this means?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (isolation #9) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

okay so if noone counterclaims him would you be okay with it even still?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (isolation #10) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:12 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

if we got to the point where is was going to be intent to hammered, he would most definitely claim.

the way you worded it sounded like if he claimed the pr, you would be ok to lynch him no matter what
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (isolation #11) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:17 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 440, stan1ey wrote:i'm pretty sure if nobody counter claims then that confirms his claim is true? Unless he gets lucky in the one he choses
well then the question now is would you lynch him? even with a specific claim and no cc?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #451 (isolation #12) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:12 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 444, OnlyIAmMe wrote:The mafia can either have 2xmg, 1mg and 1 rb, or 1mg and 1 cop. If i said the cop would proba ly investigate you, how would i know that the cop was the one chosen without being mafia?

Why is this confusing?
wat
wat

ur saying that the mafia rolecop is going to come out and say it on day 1?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (isolation #13) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 443, stan1ey wrote:Yeah i'd prolly be ok taking that chance tbh. unless a better option came up, at the end of the day mafia is always gonna claim a PT
what the fuck?

okay new question: would you rather take a no lynch or a guaranteed pr lynch?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #454 (isolation #14) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

im ok with a stanley lynch today, im ok with hammering, i just want to squeeze some more stuff out of OIAM and stanley before I declare an intent to hammer.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (isolation #15) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 451, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 444, OnlyIAmMe wrote:The mafia can either have 2xmg, 1mg and 1 rb, or 1mg and 1 cop. If i said the cop would proba ly investigate you, how would i know that the cop was the one chosen without being mafia?

Why is this confusing?
wat
wat

ur saying that the mafia rolecop is going to come out and say it on day 1?
and do you sincerely believe that there is a higher chance for scum to scumslip then a PR to confirm what role they are?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #457 (isolation #16) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:07 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 456, OnlyIAmMe wrote:Yes. I didn't want the maf rolecop to claim either, that post meant that
scum would be more likely to point out what roles scum are

As in, questioning 'scumslips'involving mafia roles.
wait why would scum be more likely to point out what roles scum are? isn't the point of playing town to generate discussion?

this is still confusing to me, can you paint your perfect scenario/what you were going for situation for me to get a feel of what you were trying to accomplish?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (isolation #17) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:10 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 459, OnlyIAmMe wrote:Perfect scenario:
Me:post
Scum:"wait... You say
the
mafia cop. How did you know the role was rolecop? "
Me: I didn't, you told me. Lynch this scum!
Vote:Scum
[b/]
"
this is dumb

there is no way in hell that this is more likely then una saying "yeah im cop"

this discussion will continue into tmr's phase
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (isolation #18) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:06 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

cant tell if OIAM is insane or is attempting to justify his actions
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (isolation #19) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:06 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

or just a genius and seeing something nobody else sees
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (isolation #20) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:23 am

Post by OkaPoka »

@unabombaH do you have any leads?

@jaysadweeb did you know you hammered, how much of the thread did you read before and how much mafia experience do you have?

@oiam what was the scumslip that you saw?

@draynth now that you are here, can you provide a readslist?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:20 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 509, OnlyIAmMe wrote:There was no reasoning, nothing should have changed with mu l-1 vote.
I was already suspicious of lefty and the way their replac. came in makesme think scum.
Same with fc. Their replacement seems like mislynching scum.
I'm thinking the team is Jay/Oka
hey could you answer my question?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #517 (isolation #22) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:31 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 514, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 510, BlackVoid wrote:You also claimed that your role is "self-resolving." That's wrong. Only Cop and JK are self-resolving. Now we're in pretty much the same situation with you that we were in on D1.
This was, in fact, me TRYING to draw the nightkill over the block if at all possible.
But like said, once stan1ey flipped cop, scum had no reason to guess what I am anymore.
I still went with a protect on Ircher, fully predicting the outcome, but obviously doing it still.
In post 512, BlackVoid wrote:Shouldn't these be the other way around? If scum have a roleblocker, you should WANT To be nightkilled because you can't be confirmed town and a suspicious slot has been eliminated.
Me WANTING something does not equal what scum will/should optimally do. :lol:
Of course I would prefer being nightkilled rather than be left alive and blocked, but if they have a chance to block me, why would they need to kill me then? :facepalm:
okay why would you want to be killed? Yeah that confirms you as town but it also confirms you as dead. And a confirmed dead town can't do anything unless they have a lead or something. But you are claiming to be a noninvestigative role which only allows us to have a readslist from a confirmed dead town, which would soon be outdated and not guaranteed true.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (isolation #23) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:32 am

Post by OkaPoka »

@blackvoid question applies to you too. ^
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (isolation #24) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:31 am

Post by OkaPoka »

only mylo hasn't checked in so far, so once he does we can probably answer a lot of questions about una.

@draynth yo were the readslist at/who do you think is scum
In post 472, BlackVoid wrote:I finished reading through OkaPoka's posts. I'm really glad this replacement happened because he comes across very town. Lots of analysis and conclusions that I'm on the same page on and I also can follow the thought process pretty easily. I'll re-read OIAM again to see if I'm missing something there.

@OkaPoka, what do you think of OIAM's push on Stanley starting from ? That's my biggest reason for thinking he's town. It took me a couple of read-throughs to understand what he was talking about but the way he was pushing it and the confidence felt like he actually thought he spotted something and it didn't feel fake at all. I'm interested in seeing where your conversation with OIAM is going too so don't hammer just yet. I'll weigh in on it later.
imma answer this now bc i forgot to before.

imo it just kinda feels like he is trying to throw shit at the wall and see what sticks, hell he even admits that
In post 213, OnlyIAmMe wrote:Just trying to make another case. I'm talking about the fact that you
didn't
say that putting someone at l-2 id a bad thing. I'm 99% sure that was the main reason--joining a wagon and putting an l-2 vote on someone.
normally this would def be scummread from me, but the fact that he is admitting to doing this? moves to a nullread. Usually imo scum doesn't admit that they messed up/had bad reads until a flip happens and then they get all sorry and shit. which is incidentally why I'm still scumreading oiam because i feel like his whole dance with the rolecop/cop= scumslip was a slip of mouth and he can't admit that he might have been wrong and his gambit explanation is even dumber.

which is why i kinda need this question answered
@OIAM WHAT WAS THE SCUMSLIP MYLO MADE?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (isolation #25) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:36 am

Post by OkaPoka »

i dont think we should also discard possibility of jay=scum, because though lefty's posting style was town as hell, scum could pull it off with a lot of effort and the main problem is that the style of play lefty was playing if he was scum is unsustainable as scum as more days progress and the chances of more slips/breaking of character (? dunno if thats right) goes up.

@jaysadweeb what was your thought process then behind the hammer? was it simply follow the biggest wagon or was it being troll or something else?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (isolation #26) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:53 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 531, OnlyIAmMe wrote:
vote:jay

Quick hammering is useless town
but is it indicative of scum behavior?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (isolation #27) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:00 am

Post by OkaPoka »

okay good answer thanks
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (isolation #28) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:16 am

Post by OkaPoka »

your case really sucks btw
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (isolation #29) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:18 am

Post by OkaPoka »

because you have to prove motivation which you aren't and you won't be able to do unless you ask questions which you aren't doing to jay
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (isolation #30) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:20 am

Post by OkaPoka »

we have two scenarios imo
jay is scum and quickhammered to get a free lynch and can now chalk it up to inexperience and being bad and an oopsie

or jay is town is actually hammered him because inexperienced and being bad and an oopsie

which is why i am asking him for reasoning behind the hammer

feel free to throw some more questions that you find are relevant
or dont its a free country
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (isolation #31) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

have you been not scumhunting this entire time?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (isolation #32) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:22 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 540, OnlyIAmMe wrote:Jay, why do you find me and Oka suspicious?
In post 541, OnlyIAmMe wrote:How many games have you modded?
draynth already asked the first question

why is the second question relevant?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (isolation #33) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:00 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 547, OnlyIAmMe wrote:I didn't realizwe until I looked back the first question was asked.
Does it matter who asked it? Depending on the person, shouldn't you ask the same thing each page?
The second question is relevamt because if jay had modded a lot of games, they should have seen what quickhammmering like that does for town. Although I wanted Jay's answer before this,they'll probably say!"not a lot" or "i don't rememberl
it matters for me because as a general rule, town is scumhunting while scum is trying to appear town. Asking lazy questions when prompted is one thing scum likes to do to give the appearance of being town, and copying questions is quite lazy.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (isolation #34) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:01 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 554, Draynth wrote:
In post 553, Draynth wrote:I've had 2/3 games where I've made it to a 3 player LYLO, as town, and been voted by the other townie before giving me a chance to speak when I wanted to review the universally townread player. In all cases that person ended up being scum.
This is just me trying to justify being paranoid by the way
why are you trying to justify being paranoid?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (isolation #35) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:04 am

Post by OkaPoka »

VOTE: onlyiamme

ill vote this for now

@onlyiaamme, can you create a readslist for us? Can you vocalize/type up why is jay/me the scum team using evidence? No more gut reads unless absolutely necessary.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (isolation #36) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:32 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

@blackvoid might have a look at that later on if i have some time
viewtopic.php?p=10219375&user_select%5B ... #p10219375

i replaced into this game, OIAM had already replaced out by the time I got in, keep in mind this game OIAM was a scumrole and though he was only there for a couple posts, he voted for himself in RVS.

i dont really like using meta to scumhunt, though I can see the application because it can work. It's just a lot of effort in my opinion for little reward, especially when meta is so volatile for newer players. People's identity and how they play the game are ever changing on this site and when you just join this site you are kinda settling in and developing a playstyle.

however if what you said is right and im understanding correctly, it would be slightly worrying that OIAM has downgraded his style of play to be less substantial, because that easily could be scum laying low which would work in a low energy game like this one.

this game is feeling like its hitting a lull, we need more people to interact and give feedback otherwise we are going to get down to the wire without any solid reads. normally id be going after the low content people but most people in this game are being quite low content.

everyone has to start voting some people up here, scum have no motivation to exit lurk phase if nobody is calling them out on them and then pressuring them to come out of the woods. and if its town that exits lurk phase then thats also good, we get another voice in this game.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (isolation #37) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:35 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

and popping in and saying hi doesnt count as content btw
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (isolation #38) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:39 am

Post by OkaPoka »

i agree with draynth, can una stop talking about his meta now and start talking about who is scum. we are wasting a lot of time doing something i feel is pointless.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (isolation #39) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:37 am

Post by OkaPoka »

why should i trust you if i am a player who doesn't care about meta?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (isolation #40) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:31 am

Post by OkaPoka »

who is scum una
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #577 (isolation #41) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:26 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

mylo, who is scum and why? why does it matter if oiam is a popular lynch, why is it concerning, and how is OIAM even a popular lynch?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #582 (isolation #42) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:58 am

Post by OkaPoka »

how do i convince yall to throw a vote onto oiam or at least onto someone so we can get this game moving and open up a conversation about who is scum and not other things that are potentially time wasting
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (isolation #43) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

the problem is we have been at this with promises of catching up for like 3 real days now and nothing of progress is being made because the game is not moving forward. nobody has an incentive to post if we dont call them out on things. im worried if the game doesnt move on we will have a *worse* day 2 and rapidly coalesce to another lynch before anyone has a chance to defend themselves.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (isolation #44) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

did you fucking hammer
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #591 (isolation #45) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

just to clarify when you read the isos, that implies you knew he was at L! then right?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #596 (isolation #46) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:48 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

lets plan for the worst case being that oiam flips town

jay is probably going to be the next days lynch and he is flipping scum unless he is trolling in which case we lost if we are entering lylo with a troll

tonight either me or you (blackvoid) are probably going die
tmr we lynch jay

then next night the remaining of us two are going to be lynched

so we need to figure out if una or draynth or mylo is scum
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (isolation #47) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:50 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

If we think about this logically,

una has a chance of being scum because he has a perfect fakeclaim of being doctor and being uncontested if we are indeed with setup of two maf goons + one doc + vts
but he did crumb doc before stanley flip
but he also has done no scum hunting basically and kinda just hid the entire game

we have draynth
he has done minimal scum hunting and a lot of lurking
he claims that he usually lurks i think

we have mylo
i think mylo is town
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #601 (isolation #48) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:53 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

tomorrow is going to a fucking mess
there is 100% no reason for jay's scum buddy not to push jay
and there is no reason for town not to push jay
we shouldnt read too much into tomorrow unless someone scumslips

however the scenario we should be watching for is
if jay flips roleblocker
then una is guaranteed dead

thus entering a game in which blackvoid/me and mylo and draynth decide final day i think?

alternatively if oiam flips scum
we have an entire day tmr to talk
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #602 (isolation #49) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:54 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

best case scenario is of OIAM flips roleblocker which completely confirms una as doctor, una would be the target of tmr nk and then we have two chances at winning
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #603 (isolation #50) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:55 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

but i think una has a higher chance of being scum than draynth
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #604 (isolation #51) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:55 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

providing oiam flips town and jay flips goon
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #607 (isolation #52) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:03 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

if we are to win we have to make a couple assumptions in worst case scenario

assume blackvoid+me+mylo are guaranteed town

assume jay is scum

the only decision left is draynth or una

I'm feeling its una, he has done a lot of talking and not a lot of action. he has thrown out advice and meta talk and defending himself, but the hallmark of a town player is scumhunting which una has done like none of.

however draynth has also done little scumhunting and has been lurky in general, but at least draynth sort of makes an attempt at scumhunting?

pedit:
i think mylo is town because when jay did the hammer, mylo reacted in a way that screamed town. at the very least, mylo has made an attempt at scumhunting and posted some very basic reads. in a game like this one, there are definitely better lynches than mylo. he has floated along but his few posts seem to come from a town perspective, being actively scumhunting and posting thoughts and such on the state of the game.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #609 (isolation #53) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

im not really picturing a scenario in which we gain anything from stalling tomorrow's lynch though, scum buddy will def vote up jay and town will vote up jay. any discussion about how tomorrow plays out will be filled with wifom and we should focus our reads on the developments of today and yesterday.

it takes a lot more effort to discredit bullshit than to post bullshit, and tomorrow's wifom potential is going to be a sea of bullshit for day 4. thus we need to take what happens tomorrow with a grain of salt.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #610 (isolation #54) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:08 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 182, Myloninja13 wrote:Not really liking Ircher's early attack on lefty, I understand it was still RVS but I'm not thinking it was justified. And Ircher swapped to a town read on him with few posts that didn't read as particularly townish from me too.

I'm liking Draynth but It's probably less to do with me finding him town and more that he's being calm and working through things.

Okay, Ircher explained he was mostly trolling in regards to him attacking Lefty, which makes more sense.

I've played with both Una's town and scum games, and I personally think this is closer to his scum game, but I'll wait to see how it progresses.

Lefty is playing quite strong here.

Not liking FC so far, especially the duo of posts

Kernel is a town lean so far.

I want to town lean OnlyIAmMe for a few posts like and but I'm having a very rare gut read on them being suspicious here. I can't really explain it, but I can't town read them without feeling like I'm wrong.

Ircher is playing more townish now.

I'm going to have to check up on scum and town Una, because I'm seeing a few things that remind of both.

Okay, I think that's it so far. Right now I'm feeling overall most comfortable with a FChariot vote, mostly from a lack of town reads from that slot.

VOTE: FChariot
imo i dont ever see scum making a post like this. and in a game like this its an assumption we have to make to win.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (isolation #55) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:11 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

yeah we can talk about it, we should take some time to plan out day 4 because most likely neither me or black are going to be alive by then and then it will be lylo with three people with question marks over their heads
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (isolation #56) » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:17 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

yeah you should do a reread once assuming lefty/draynth team being a thing and another assuming una/lefty team being a thing
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #635 (isolation #57) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:26 am

Post by OkaPoka »

checkin in, I think I may have an idea of what blackvoid was talking about? Although it is very setup related.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (isolation #58) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:25 am

Post by OkaPoka »

basically the theory is of a lefty+una team

In this scenario, they are both mafia and therefore mafia goons.
thus they know of three scenarios
2 of which its safe to claim doc
one of which claiming doc would draw out a doc claim and thus be a free kill
Lefty and Una both know of this, so lefty hard pushes una to get him to crumb and eventually claim, una pushes back and they try to start wagons on each other.
what this means is in the scenario in which una gets cc'd and lynched, lefty can nk the other remaining doc, hunt down the tracker with pr guessing and then coast to victory.
or una doesn't get cc'd and eventually claims, giving town essentially a conf town for the rest of the game. in reality he is scum, and if lefty ever gets lynched una is super conf town and town listens to him.

what i find odd in this scenario is una and lefty seem to have a disagreement in how the game should be played. una keeps hinting at pr while lefty wants a solid claim and continues to push una.
In post 326, Ircher wrote:I’m willing to Lynch elsewhere today based on Mylo’s meta read of Una and Una’s softclaim. That said, I need a good alternative. Stan1ey was presented, and I could perhaps get behind such a Lynch, but I would like to hear other peole’s thoughts on the matter.

FChariot’s latest post btw makes me think newb!scum.
In post 327, Lefty wrote:I’d lynch FC.
In post 334, UnaBombaH wrote:So we are all "fine" with a FC-lynch.. :lol:

But no one is "fine" with a stan1ey-lynch? (I threw that name into the basket, and Ircher apparently is "fine" with that too).
No one has further said whether they now scumread/townread me after all the long walls I did, which makes me think most didn't even read them?
There's no way those posts were null in any way - you should either scum- or townlean me by now.

I'll vote for FC before I leave to the cabin for the weekend today unless someone else joins the stan1ey-wagon before that.
what does this mean ?
well now town is okay with lynching the fc slot. and if lefty+una are truly a team then this is genius.
lefty pushes una hard, once ircher the super town says he is okay with fc lynch, lefty has an out to create a wagon on someone else without seeming like he is backing off. keep in mind a townplayer wouldn't care about the optics, just scum
more people signal their support for fc lynch, una is okay with it, but he remains more strong about a stanley lynch. if una+lefty is a thing, that gives una an out from the stanley wagon and gives him the ability to join this third wagon if he so desires without seeming like a wagoner who is trying to mislynch. shows progression for future scumreads.

In post 396, Lefty wrote:Sorry all I’ve become sort of detached from this game. I feel really good about Una being scum so I’m not shocked he softed a PR, but I understand the EV argument where lynching him is stupid atp. Even so, it doesn’t really change my read because I think scum ~always fakes a PR (especially ambiguously) under that sort of pressure.

I need to reread in depth but I remembered at one point thinking if Una/FC wasn’t the team then stan1ey/Draynth maybe had some equity, but that was based a lot on POE.

I’ll compromise and lynch FC here because if they flip scum that just solidifies my take on Una for avoiding discussion about the FC wagon.

last post lefty makes.
again this is assuming lefty+una.

lefty doesn't believe una's claim.
lefty says he is ok with fc.
he says flipping fc scum would make him lynch una, but now he has an out once my slot flips town, he can credibly back off from a una lynch.
then he gives us another pair for him to credibly latch onto and mislynch. including stanley
una scumreads stanley.
thats two wagons these two "colliding players" both of some sort of credibility to coalesce and latch onto. plus they wont be called out for it with the beginning of day 1 shenanigans of bussing and bussing.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #637 (isolation #59) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:33 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 629, UnaBombaH wrote:If Jay is somehow town, they have played very much anti-wincon IMO.
Then again, this IS a newbiegame, but I think the point about hammers was made more or less clear after D1 anyway.. so not many excuses can be made for him anymore.

I'd approach the hammers from the PoV of "who benefited the most out of the discussion being shutdown?"
That should lead us closer to who might be their buddy.
argument for shutting down discussion today:

today is the perfect day for scum to spew out wifom. jay can literally say whatever he wants. scumbuddy wants to spew bullshit after bullshit after bullshit, town has to shut down bullshit with more effort. town grows apathetic to the game as the game begins to stall and go in circles. town stops paying attention to the game. we approach the deadline. jay lynched, im dead tmr night

and then we have lylo with 2 apathetic town and one scum who now has a way of winning because town is apathetic and tired. so much wifom happens that town begins second guessing and turns the game into a 50/50. because reading into today is going to be useless, but town is going to try and confuse themselves.

everyone knows jay is scum by now, there is like no point into reading what happens today. we should be looking into interactions that happened prior to jay becoming conf scum.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (isolation #60) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:36 am

Post by OkaPoka »

Let's run a scenario.

lets say jaysadweeb leaves one post today that says X is scum and then gets lynched.

how do you guys react? What do you discern from a simple post? Is he playing mindgames? Is he giving out his scum partner? Or is he doing a last second push against town?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #641 (isolation #61) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:23 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

today imo we should discuss whats going to happen day 4 and then end day

but im pretty sure its una has second scum, other than the off chance that jay flips rb.

ill go see if a case against draynth has some merit.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #642 (isolation #62) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:30 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

okay did an iso read of draynth upto lefty leaving and im not seeing much associative tells, but I could i guess write something up about draynth=scum as an individual case if I feel inspired
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #647 (isolation #63) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:31 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 645, Draynth wrote:
In post 636, OkaPoka wrote: what i find odd in this scenario is una and lefty seem to have a disagreement in how the game should be played. una keeps hinting at pr while lefty wants a solid claim and continues to push una.
Would this happen if they were both scum though? After all, they have day talk
Do you think it was an attempt to gain town cred for one of them should the other flip?
im not sure
its certainly a possibility because anything is a possibility but based on gut + evidence, i think that lefty and una is still the most likely.

if we really wanted to be sure we would have to meta dive both of their scum games and see how often they buss but lets be honest nobody is going to read hundreds of pages and make a call that might be right

anyways i was going to do a draynth post but i realized that anything i accused draynth of, una would also be guilty of

thus basically we have two scenarios
jay flips rb -> lynch draynth
jay flips goon -> lynch una

thats day 4

im ready to vote if you guys are, ill wait for mylo to do his analysis and discover something i missed before we end this day
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #648 (isolation #64) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 645, Draynth wrote:
In post 636, OkaPoka wrote: what i find odd in this scenario is una and lefty seem to have a disagreement in how the game should be played. una keeps hinting at pr while lefty wants a solid claim and continues to push una.
Would this happen if they were both scum though? After all, they have day talk
Do you think it was an attempt to gain town cred for one of them should the other flip?
we honestly won't know until flip tho, if lefty hadnt replaced out then we could have been able to see a full potential plan but with him replacing out its going to be hard to tell what they were trying to accomplish, if they even had a plan
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #664 (isolation #65) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:15 am

Post by OkaPoka »

yeah i think una is trying to wifom us and confuse us

okay if we are all ready lets do this

VOTE: jaysadweeb
OkaPoka