projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3175 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:53 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 3173, Nosferatu wrote: i think the reasons that math and co. have for voting you are trash, ive said that but it feels like today is stalling, i wanna see something new now that we've got all of these replacements.

so, to summarize

you recognize that the logic behind voting me is objectively trash

you realize that the people primarily voting me are using that trash logic to justify their vote.

and yet, you're joining them because you want to "see something new".

what do you expect to happen?
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3176 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:55 am

Post by Nosferatu »

idk what i expect

im fucking bored

pedit: revisionist my ass thats literally exactly what i said
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3177 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:55 am

Post by projectmatt »

that's great. that's a great reason. i love mafia.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3178 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:57 am

Post by Nosferatu »

its an amazing game truly
last.fm
gtkas
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3179 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:00 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3175, projectmatt wrote:
In post 3173, Nosferatu wrote: i think the reasons that math and co. have for voting you are trash, ive said that but it feels like today is stalling, i wanna see something new now that we've got all of these replacements.

so, to summarize

you recognize that the logic behind voting me is objectively trash

you realize that the people primarily voting me are using that trash logic to justify their vote.

and yet, you're joining them because you want to "see something new".

what do you expect to happen?
You mean how I felt when RC was tunneling my ass despite the fact I am proven to be telling the truth and impossible for me to have killed A50?

shocking

The reason you call my reasons trash is because they are about you. You actually don’t interact with them.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Oath
Oath
Goon
Oath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3180 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:01 pm

Post by Oath »

Not false, just incorrect...
In post 3106, Gamma Emerald wrote:
but like how can we know you're not jester or something?
Sorry it wasn't He Who Swims it was Gamma who introduced the idea of me being a jester...
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her/Hisss

Post Post #3181 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:02 pm

Post by hebichan »

Whoa, whoa.

Its not impossible for you to have killed A50, just it was impossible for RC to track you to it and only it.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3182 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:03 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

@math: pls point out the revisionism in this statement
Nosferatu wrote: i suggested that we figure out something to do about the hood; it was an example
In post 3065, Nosferatu wrote:
Honestly I think the hood should claim and then we leave them alone to do their thing

as long as they have no obvious scum in their midst I see no reason to just cull them every other day phase
In post 3070, Nosferatu wrote:
restricting ourselves to lynch in the hood seems counterproductive
In post 3071, Nosferatu wrote:
if y'all wanna
find the one certified town in the hood and then eradicate everyone else,
that is a plan as well

but just "well uhh we'll lynch math and go from there" is not a plan
In post 3090, Nosferatu wrote:
if we really want
, we can turn a fully claimed hood into a revolving door masonry with a vig
did you actually think i went from "lets not lynch in the hood" to "lets kill everyone in the hood" on some david blaine shit?
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3183 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:04 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 3179, MathBlade wrote:The reason you call my reasons trash is because they are about you. You actually don’t interact with them.
:roll:
last.fm
gtkas
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3184 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by hebichan »

Hey MB.

What's your role name?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3185 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:06 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 3179, MathBlade wrote: The reason you call my reasons trash is because they are about you. You actually don’t interact with them.
i spent an overly long amount of time explaining why your logic was utter garbage and you didn't even respond to it.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3186 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by projectmatt »

nosferatu i know this is crazy & wild, but maybe it's smarter to vote people who scumtell/the people pushing garbage logic that you roll your eyes at, instead of implicitly supporting what they're doing by voting with them

you want something to happen, right?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3187 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3184, hebichan wrote:Hey MB.

What's your role name?
VT (LynchMob)

@pmatt quote it please
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3188 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by hebichan »

And you guys are certain you have no idea what happened with TGP?
Oath
Oath
Goon
Oath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3189 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:11 pm

Post by Oath »

Hey MathBlade you gonna address the fact that you got all up in arms about no one suspecting I was jester when there was actually someone who did and I addressed it?!!?! HMMMMM

Actually nah, you won't you scumz.
hebichan
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
hebichan
She/Her/Hisss
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3190 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:13 pm

Post by hebichan »

If there is a jester this game, I will cry.

I was thinking it about oath when I made that post about asking oath to stop trying to suicide, but didn't want to be the first to say it.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3191 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:15 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3188, hebichan wrote:And you guys are certain you have no idea what happened with TGP?
I have no fucking clue

We recruited creature
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3192 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:15 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3189, Oath wrote:Hey MathBlade you gonna address the fact that you got all up in arms about no one suspecting I was jester when there was actually someone who did and I addressed it?!!?! HMMMMM

I already addressed this wtf?

Hewhoswims has no mention of jester
GTKAS -- MathBlade
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3193 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:18 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 3187, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3184, hebichan wrote:Hey MB.

What's your role name?
VT (LynchMob)

@pmatt quote it please
okay.
In post 2945, projectmatt wrote:
In post 2944, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2942, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 2938, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2935, Nosferatu wrote:the fact that people actually give matt shit for literally unvoting and then re-voting the same player is hilarious
Welcome to hilarious then.

I have done that shit as scum. So I look out for it.
please tell me why you intentionally as scum unvote and then re-vote literally one post after the other
Because it “looks active”. It makes it seem like I was doing things when I liked the game state.

It introduces the suggestion that I was thinking or waffling when not.
this would maybe make sense if i didnt post multiple times inbetween my unvote and my re-vote outlining what my reads on people were and why i thought theta was still the best option.
In post 2948, projectmatt wrote:
In post 2947, MathBlade wrote:If @2945 And I have cased people too as scum. I get called “honest” and “no way Math is scum” after I do. That is not relevant to the point.
it's super relevant. you're saying that i unvoted theta and then revoted them to make it look like i was thinking without actually having to do it, right? that logic falls completely flat since i outlined my thought process and my logic. clearly, thought was put into what i was saying. the argument just doesn't. work.
In post 2947, MathBlade wrote: @2946 Again it’s not “ego” it is me admitting my flaws and noting my concern. It’s exactly what Mastina did in Civ Mafia. I am trying to be better.
let's put aside the ego thing. my problem is simply that your logic is bad. i don't know/care how paranoid you are about being manipulated, but if youre town in this circumstance, your paranoia about being manipulated has made you out some questionable and super poorly thought-out logic.
your response was to call me scum again and refer to my points as being irrevleant.

are you capable of enough self-reflection to recognize that your logic is horribly, horribly bad?

i guess we'll see
Oath
Oath
Goon
Oath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3194 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:18 pm

Post by Oath »

In post 3192, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3189, Oath wrote:Hey MathBlade you gonna address the fact that you got all up in arms about no one suspecting I was jester when there was actually someone who did and I addressed it?!!?! HMMMMM

I already addressed this wtf?

Hewhoswims has no mention of jester
and then I posted...
In post 3180, Oath wrote:
Not false, just incorrect...
In post 3106, Gamma Emerald wrote:
but like how can we know you're not jester or something?
Sorry it wasn't He Who Swims it was Gamma who introduced the idea of me being a jester...
So I mean you're glazing over posts which to me is just more indicative of scum who don't need to read every little thing because they aren't actually hunting.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3195 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:23 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Jesus I am at work and this game is going a mile a minute

I missed that post sorry
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3196 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 3186, projectmatt wrote:nosferatu i know this is crazy & wild, but maybe it's smarter to vote people who scumtell/the people pushing garbage logic that you roll your eyes at, instead of implicitly supporting what they're doing by voting with them
i dont want math to die yet though
last.fm
gtkas
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3197 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 3196, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 3186, projectmatt wrote:nosferatu i know this is crazy & wild, but maybe it's smarter to vote people who scumtell/the people pushing garbage logic that you roll your eyes at, instead of implicitly supporting what they're doing by voting with them
that's a deflection. math isnt the only one voting me or using bad logic.
Oath
Oath
Goon
Oath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3198 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:41 pm

Post by Oath »

In post 3196, Nosferatu wrote:
Of course you don't. You're scumz toooooooo
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3199 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:54 pm

Post by Vecna »

Reads, Reads, Reads;

Im gonna do some more with this post, and actually explain how im approaching reading a lot of people this game, or at least for the last 50 pages or so. Its mostly baesd on people their thought process, and how they appear to, or how Ive seen them analyze stuff in the past.
Ill be using some of this stuff, and itll probably piss off some people....but I think its quite helpful to look at stuff this way.

Tier 1: Mostly a surface level type of reading/analysing level. Call out scummy stuff where you think to see it. Dont really care too much about past stuff. Often done by newer players. Works on some people, fails badly on analyzing others.
Tier 2: Try to look at reasoning, the thought behind the thought of the individual, include past history, and decide whether scummy stuff is due to newbness or actually being scummy
Moonlogic tier: Look for patterns, look for people that try to fool people using Tier2 logic by adjusting their own meta, lots of gut reads that get reinforced by stuff you see, often resulting in reads people dont recognize or really bad reads and tunneling/paranoia

Townreads:
HeWhoSwims1 - Town, mostly because of the result, less so because of actual play. The play does fit mostly in the T1-T2 mix type of thinking, although there really hasnt been a lot of it after the hebi result. Had the usual scumread on me which fits from a town perspective.

Creature - Pretty self explanatory. States the stuff thats on my mind most of the time. Has some good insights and points at stuff that needs pointing at. Some small chance he is fooling me since he did react heavily to some accusations on day1, but thats probably just the paranoia nibbling on my ear.

MathBlade - This im going to get shit for but whatever. The slot is town. Im getting more and more sure about it. The flashbacks to every previous game before are real. Agitation and frustration. Proud Mathblade for figuring out the Ankamius soft. Agitated Mathblade because Vecna doesnt get him, his softs, and his reasoning. Im sure Mathblade is also probably decent at faking these things, but I really strongly doubt he is so self aware that he would implements all of these little things so flawlessly in a scum performance, also in such a way that it keeps bringing back flashbacks all over the place. The stubborness, the resolute stances of "X is scum because they did blabla"....its all feeling extremely familiair.

Keychain1 Oath - This slot is also probably town. Its a straight up Tier1 thought process, calling out shit that it thinks is scummy, which is probably understandable if youre new to the site and dont have the history. I get scumread by people approaching the game in the way he does all the time. I bet Mathblade does too. It fits pretty well in a town thought process here. The line "you mad I caught you" is extremely cliche, but it also fits quite well. I have a feeling many frustrations are yet to come. Oh well.

Hebichan - Also pretty straight forward, claimed PR, probably a rather safe bet for town. Wish it would get slightly more involved, but nothing there to get suspicious over so far.

Yuurei1 2 NicoRobin1 2 Vaxkiller - Everything uttered by Yuurei was soft as honey. And most of it very much in line with my own though processes at any time. The only cause for suspicion is that it all sounded too towny, no fuckups, no reasons for criticism. Very safe, but still feeling very towny at the same time. Hopefully Vax is gonna give some new life to the slot.

Townleans:
Archwing1 Nosferatu: This one im hessitant about. Right now after the last 10 pages im feeling he's probably town. Other moments it feels sneaky sneaky all over the place, pretending a little too hard to not care about the game anymore while still feeling a little agenda'ish. Hmmm. At the same time, everything he states makes sense from a town pov just as well. Pretty sharp, no fear type of playstyle. Fine putting it here now since its pushing roughly the same reads as I am, so what could go wrong. Read might change again in the future.

Null:
Definition1 Ankamius: Starting the game with that soft was odd. Mathblade is wrong also about what the intent was, yet Ankamius was fine with letting him think he was right regardless. However, I think most of the aversion to toxicity was most likely real. I was probably an asshole for not waiting with the hammer. Ofcourse, it could also be used by scum as an excuse to hide and not get involved. Pushing the Yuurei read that goes against the grain felt pretty damn towny again though.

ArcAngel91: Normally starts participating at this point in the game. Has been very much missing in action, hasnt shown any interesting ideas that I did observe from her town game when I waas scum with her before. Will have to become a policy lynch or a vig target at some point if it holds up.

RadiantCowbells Titus: Im not gonna talk about this slot much yet, because I wanna see what Titus does. Could absolutely be both allignments, although my past impression has always been extremely toxic Rc = scum RC.

Scumpool:
CheekyTeeky1 zMuffinMan : I agree with creature - this slot is suspicious. I wasnt on its case during Day1 because I knew full well it was busy in that other game. There I witnessed how obv-town it can become and how freely it shares thoughts. All of that was missing this game, and Zmuffin makes a bit of a scared impression so far. Cheeky was also a little too easy on giving me a townread during D1, and even though I liked getting the support, the reasoning behind it was very thin.

Aronis1 Gamma Emerald: Ive already widely gone into this. Too happy to have me push certain reads, people in his hood. Didnt do shit d1. Was happy getting townreaad for it too. GE's replace in right now.....started of agitated, then switched to just asking random questions without seeming to care much for the answers.

northsidegal1 projectmatt1: NSG, likes to make sensible posts as town. Only started participating D1 because urged by RC. Some weird interactions between those slots. PJM also entered the game with posts towards Aronis that seemed like a first setup for a bus. Calling the slot scum, only to completely forget about it afterwards.

Theta Alpine: Could go either way, but has done some really weird things that are probably scum indicative for plenty of reasons. Or just because playstyle. Tier1 thinkers should be all over this slot. Should probably ask Oath about his notes here to find out why he isnt.

Probably shouldve saved this crap for tomorrow since this feels like it turned out to be a piece of junk. Oh well.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”