NY214: Project Pinecone (Game over! Town wins!)

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:43 am

Post by Elbirn »

Prod me harder daddy

In post 866, Flubbernugget wrote: Elbrin is still scum, and shame on you all for letting the "I'm blatantly acting like scum but explicitly pointing that out so it's all okay" schtick fly under the radar.
In post 978, Flubbernugget wrote:
Spoiler: the one post from Elbrin with content that doesn't involve tunnelling inferno
In post 507, Elbirn wrote:
In post 348, the worst wrote:
In post 232, Elbirn wrote:@Both of you, What made that post notable or good when it was nothing? Like it's really self serving for Rasko to like it so lul
Fwiw this was about when I decided Inferno was an early townread. I don't really think you're interested in why I found the post noteworthy though? Like let me know if you're after something here.
Actually yeah I do want to know, which was why i brought it up. The post was apparently enough for two people to declare it the first "GoodPost" of the game AND to get a town read off of it, but at the time I rolled my eyes at it. I want to know your thought process.
In post 485, dramonic wrote:
In post 475, brassherald wrote:Re , I'm not going to say I have a great explanation, but dramonic's posts just feel like scum posting. It's pure gut, and no real evidence, yeah, but, like everything feels like he's too calculated, I guess would be the right phrase, to be town.

I also don't think is a town post, but, again, I can't quite put my finger on why.

My dramonic read is purely instinct, and I cannot read his posts and tell my stupid instinct with my brain that it's being stupid.
Those tags lead to your own post and the OP, so I'm assumin you screwed up something in there :neutral:
Also I might come off as calculated because I have to actually think about how I post. My normal posting style is not chill at all. XD
Disclaimer I don't know Dram hardly at all but can confirm that my impression of him from speakeasy has been the opposite of chill and seeing all these xD smiles faces and such is like being winked at by Lucifer
In post 489, Inferno390 wrote: But someone else I’ve been stuck on is Elbirn. I keep rereading his ISO and thee is something really odd about his posting. I can’t figure out what though.
VOTE: Skygazer
Boy you do not get to jump on a flash wagon for no reason while also shading me. Tell the class why I'm a scummy scum butt

Should be good now
Correct me if I'm wrong but you never mentioned before post 866 so saying I'm "still scum" seems inorganic. I also fail to see what your point was in spoiler quoting that post of mine with no conclusion drawn from it.

Is there something youd like to say orrr?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:44 am

Post by Elbirn »

Dammit.

*Never mentioned me
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:45 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 927, Skygazer wrote:
Strong Scum

flubber
HitAlt
Your two scumreads are the two viable wagons we have today?
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:47 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 999, brassherald wrote:
In post 998, Inferno390 wrote:@Brass: I care!
So please, tell me more about how I’m scum.
Your voting seems very opportunistic. And, up until that last post, all of your reads seemed wishy-washy to me.

The last post might move you to scumlean rather than scumread, but I need to consider it.
I can get on board with this read.
This is a major town point for brass.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:48 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Talk to me about your other reads brass. Dramonic? Taly? What’s going on inside your head?
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:53 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 991, brassherald wrote:We're getting close to the deadline...

@Elbirn, who we lynching?
I don't even know, as evidenced by my non-voting. I don't care for either wagon and feel that people have written off several people as town who I cant recall having done fuckall to earn it / give my mothers intuition the heeby-jeebies. But then I don't know if they need scrutiny or if scum and town alike are coalescing around the same reads to blend in. Like...do I angry face at the universally townread or look for the fake thought process of someone justifying their shitty townread

Anyway my contrarian gut reads are chick/ausuka/skygazer but that's based on nothing enjoy
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:55 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 1004, Inferno390 wrote:Talk to me about your other reads brass. Dramonic? Taly? What’s going on inside your head?
Dramonic has done nothing but coasted the entire game. He has pushed hitalt, which as I said, makes no sense to me at this point. I also still don't feel good about his interactions at the end of davesaz's time, and his posts in response to me saying he hadn't followed up on things a few days ago were literally posts that he made to people who are no longer in the game, and he has nothing with any of the other 14 slots before that point where he can display his following up?

Taly I could definitely be mistaken on and am not nearly as confident as any other presented read because I think I always scum read Taly based on his style of posting. But, if dramonic is scum, I think Taly is town. dramonic/davesaz before rang of TvS to me, and Taly has done nothing to assure me that this slot is the town slot. Dramonic has just been worse, to me.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:04 am

Post by Inferno390 »

@Elbrin, you’re killing me. Can you give us some reads with foundations to work with plz?

@Brass, while I like your reads here, I want to go into detail on them for a minute:
Do you think there’s anything to he way dramonic has been disitantly scumreading Taly ever since his replace in?
What dod you think of davesaz’s replace out? I felt like it was kind of forced, but I’ve never played with him before, so I’d like a second opinion.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:28 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 547, Flubbernugget wrote:Elbrin - has exactly one post that isn't fluff or related to the early flame war
@elbrin
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:30 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 940, Flubbernugget wrote:I'll quote elbrin's post for posterity later today when I have time.
Also this
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:39 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 1007, Inferno390 wrote: What dod you think of davesaz’s replace out? I felt like it was kind of forced, but I’ve never played with him before, so I’d like a second opinion.
See, here's where I'm having an issue with this read, actually, I think it seems like it was forced, but I want to go into davesaz's meta to see if he did stuff similar in the past.

I just have not had the time to do a meta dive, so I really have been keeping it in the back of my head to do and will just have to eventually find a time to do it.

I'm making a note here for myself to remind me to do this at the very least during the night phase.

The rest of your stuff I will get back to later, but I just finished dealing with a frustrating item at work, and the rest seemed like a good amount of effort that I need to do and I'd really prefer it if my lunch would just come so I could stop even pretending to work after that headache and take an hour off.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:51 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 996, Inferno390 wrote:-Early game, dramonic does hardly anything to interact with the game until #604, which is the top half of page 25. So very little real hunting from him early game.
Before that point I discussed reads on you and Gus, which is basically 80% of the in-game posts by that point
-He refuses to explain why Gus is Town because of “chill rules,” but when I point out Gus’ major inconsistencies, his only response is “you’re gonna be disappointed with people.” Plus, in #472 he talks about Gustavo’s argument and how he has to convince himself as scum and such. What argument? There was no arguments being had. So weak case for town!Gus, especially when challenged
Pretty sure anyone except you and Hit would understand exactly what I'm saying here.
-He provides little in terms of actual reads
I've provided reads on like half the playerlist, dunno what you're smoking
-the davesaz wagon consists mostly of “you’re not being transparent enough” and no other real points and concerns are being stated
Transparency is 95% of what makes a player town.
-he’s actually just sheeping the Hit wagon. He’s added no relavant content to it
Again, you haven't actually read my ISO
-he’s done a total reverse on TW with no progression or reasoning except for that he’s defending Hit, who isn’t even confirmed scum yet
Reverse based on what?
-Is passive aggressively tunneling Taly despite giving no reads on him after davesaz replaces out
It's the same playerslot. I don't care what Taly has to say.
-only provided original reads on davesaz. No other original content from the slot after that exchange
See above
-Posturing pretty hard for accusing someone of posturing and not doing anything
... do you know what posturing means?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:30 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

In post 1002, Elbirn wrote:
Strong Scum

flubber
HitAlt
This is a damning thing and I still think Skygazer is scum

Woops sorry pine for activity. Been tired.

I'm still willing to lynch in [Gazer, Taly, Dram, Hit, Chick], my preference is [Hit/Gazer/Dram] at this point

Well I guess - people who TR in those, convince me?

And people not in that pool, discuss the reads with me or so?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:23 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1007, Inferno390 wrote:@Elbrin, you’re killing me. Can you give us some reads with foundations to work with plz?
I cant right now because it would be disingenuous, not gonna act like I have insight that I don't. I will read some ISO's when I have time to at work if I can. I want to check up on the three I named above to see if there is anything there.
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:56 am

Post by Inferno390 »

NOw that I can sit down at a computer, I'm gonna start calling BS.

In post 1011, dramonic wrote:
In post 996, Inferno390 wrote:-Early game, dramonic does hardly anything to interact with the game until #604, which is the top half of page 25. So very little real hunting from him early game.
Before that point I discussed reads on you and Gus, which is basically 80% of the in-game posts by that point
Oh, yes, your two posts saying: "Gus is town because of his 1v1" and "Gus is a specific type of player that makes what he did town, so Andrius is conftown."
And notice how I said "little hunting?" Plus I address your read on Gus below, and in context, it's more of taking a position on the current topic and trying to use it to push a replace in as conftown. (Which, by the way, your conftown claim is a bit of a stretch anyways. But that's another point.)
-He refuses to explain why Gus is Town because of “chill rules,” but when I point out Gus’ major inconsistencies, his only response is “you’re gonna be disappointed with people.” Plus, in #472 he talks about Gustavo’s argument and how he has to convince himself as scum and such. What argument? There was no arguments being had. So weak case for town!Gus, especially when challenged
Pretty sure anyone except you and Hit would understand exactly what I'm saying here.
Wow. Talk about blowing people off. dramonic, I don't know what sort of playstyles you think exist, but in what world does someone COMPLETELY REVERSE ON THEIR REASONS FOR A READ?
-He provides little in terms of actual reads
I've provided reads on like half the playerlist, dunno what you're smoking
I was not aware that I, Hit, the Andrius slot, the dave slot, Duck, and flubber composed 8 people. and there's about zero detail on any of them except for davesaz.
So yeah, you've given a handful of reads with little to no reasoning behind them.
-the davesaz wagon consists mostly of “you’re not being transparent enough” and no other real points and concerns are being stated
Transparency is 95% of what makes a player town.
Wrong. Good, logical, town benefiting hunting is 95% of what makes a player town. You an be as opaque as frick and no one will give a damn if you're advancing the gamestate in a way that benefits town.
-he’s actually just sheeping the Hit wagon. He’s added no relavant content to it
Again, you haven't actually read my ISO
Yes I have. And the one post you do have explaining your sheeping is more or less parroting exactly what I said at the start of the wagon.
-he’s done a total reverse on TW with no progression or reasoning except for that he’s defending Hit, who isn’t even confirmed scum yet
Reverse based on what?
Well, at the start of the game, you make it pretty clear that you think Duck is town. When he stats defending Hit, however, you just reverse on him with no outward indication of why.
-Is passive aggressively tunneling Taly despite giving no reads on him after davesaz replaces out
It's the same playerslot. I don't care what Taly has to say.
That would be called stupidity in action. You don't just ignore what a slot says because you think that the player from before was scum. At this point it's a level of confbias that isn't even dumb anymore. It's just scummy.
-only provided original reads on davesaz. No other original content from the slot after that exchange
See above
Above where? You are parroting, sheeping and generally coasting through this game, and providing little to a town-beneficial gamestate.
-Posturing pretty hard for accusing someone of posturing and not doing anything
... do you know what posturing means?
"A particular way of behaving that is intended to convey a false impression."
Such as:
Acting like you're a town leading role when you've actually done little to push the gamestate forward
Sheeping wagons and then acting like you've got some big read on the victim
Parsing a post to make it look like you're giving logical responses when you're actually just blowing of the poster's points :D
Other things I like about scum!dramonic:
-You've said that Andrius is conftown from the moment of his replace in an then proceeded to have 0 interaction with the slot.
In post 920, dramonic wrote:That's a lovely accusation, except I've been on Taly's ass since before the replacement
-No you have not. You've posted about zip about taly except for the fact that you think he's scum. You've got no real case on him, you're just conftunneling his slot.
In post 972, dramonic wrote:I did, several times. The fact youve got a confbias doesn't make things not there.
-Confbias? What confbias? I started scum reading you literally right before this post was made. What?

In conclusion, dramonic is either blowing off my points or trying to reverse the work of defending himself onto me (which is a super scum thing to do btw), not contributing to a good town gamestate, and providing reads without actually giving his own reasons for them.

If we don't lynch dramonic today, I will be sad.
Last edited by Pine on Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:57 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 1013, Elbirn wrote:
In post 1007, Inferno390 wrote:@Elbrin, you’re killing me. Can you give us some reads with foundations to work with plz?
I cant right now because it would be disingenuous, not gonna act like I have insight that I don't. I will read some ISO's when I have time to at work if I can. I want to check up on the three I named above to see if there is anything there.
I'm fine with that. I just really want to hear more of your voice.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:31 am

Post by Chickadee »

In post 1012, HeWhoSwims wrote:
In post 1002, Elbirn wrote:
Strong Scum

flubber
HitAlt
This is a damning thing and I still think Skygazer is scum

Woops sorry pine for activity. Been tired.

I'm still willing to lynch in [Gazer, Taly, Dram, Hit, Chick], my preference is [Hit/Gazer/Dram] at this point

Well I guess - people who TR in those, convince me?

And people not in that pool, discuss the reads with me or so?
tbf, I'm not a bad D1 lynch. I'm a better D2 lynch ;)

Ooooor never lynched.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:06 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

Okay, I’m just gonna say this:
The whole “I’m a good lynch at so and so point or not at all” thing is starting to get old.
It was one thing early on with Duck, who plays an excellent scum game and has endgamed me once with good play.
It’s just obnoxious when everyone goes around saying that they aren’t a good lynch today because they’ll be easier to sort D2/are always scummy D1/whatever.
If you play scummy, you’re gonna get lynched. If you don’t want to get lynched, forward the town game state more. Don’t feed out that shoddy D1 cop out. Give real definable reasons why you shouldn’t be lynched, and play towards town benefit more. Give reads. Actively scumhunt. Show us that you shouldn’t be lynched instead of just saying it.

Going back to being chill now.

Inferno390 GTKAS

brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by brassherald »

If you are town, chick, why are you ever a good lynch?
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:36 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 721, brassherald wrote:
In post 700, Inferno390 wrote:VOTE: Andrius
What do you see here?
Can’t believe I missed this. Caught it ISOing Brass. Town points for this.

@Brass: this was actually a reaction test to see if I could lure out a few people that I was low-key associating with Andrius (which I’m not gonna reveal at this time because of the way the gamestate has turned). The fact that you caught it and called me out on it the way you did is a positive.

Inferno390 GTKAS

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:26 pm

Post by dramonic »

Man you're easy to bribe
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:25 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 1020, dramonic wrote:Man you're easy to bribe
Wow, snarky bait one liners and no response to my breakdown of your “defense.” So not scum behavior.
And heaven forbid I want to hear other opinions from other people.

Inferno390 GTKAS

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:28 pm

Post by dramonic »

Repost it in a readable color and Ill consider it, but from what little I read its just more twisty bull
I'm a hoot
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

So I’m just doing a bunch of misrep and making stuff up, and you’re not going to give a real defense because you don’t like the color I’m using?
Sounds exactly like something Town would say.
This is just being evasive and nasty because you don’t like the fact that someone’s aggressively pushing you. Stop being hurt and defend yourself. Otherwise you’re just being pissy scum.

Inferno390 GTKAS

Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:28 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 1017, Inferno390 wrote:Okay, I’m just gonna say this:
The whole “I’m a good lynch at so and so point or not at all” thing is starting to get old.
It was one thing early on with Duck, who plays an excellent scum game and has endgamed me once with good play.
It’s just obnoxious when everyone goes around saying that they aren’t a good lynch today because they’ll be easier to sort D2/are always scummy D1/whatever.
If you play scummy, you’re gonna get lynched. If you don’t want to get lynched, forward the town game state more. Don’t feed out that shoddy D1 cop out. Give real definable reasons why you shouldn’t be lynched, and play towards town benefit more. Give reads. Actively scumhunt. Show us that you shouldn’t be lynched instead of just saying it.

Going back to being chill now.
I wasn't trying to be facetious. It's not about me being easier to sort.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”