Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3300 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:00 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 3294, Reality Check wrote:Shoshin you realize that scum need sensible reasons to not get caught, right?
That's untrue. If townies don't give reasons, then scum don't need to either.
Town don't need to make sense to everybody else, all that matters is the conclusion
I didn't say town ened to make sense to everyone. I said they have reasons for their reads.
All that matters to scum is the process because they need to be wrong or they lose
The result matters more than the process. Scum play with an agenda. They need to convince a minority of townies that another townie is scummier than them. It's not just about appearing town, it's about mislynching.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3301 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:01 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Shoshin are you a 3P because that would explain a lot. She was definitely pushing a random/Chick S v S thing earlier. Her rage towards CS makes total sense if she’s a 3P.

RN, she barrels into the thread, completely destroying anyone’s earlier townread on her. It’s almost like she’s trying to look over the top scummy.

Or maybe the real reason she feels so much upset over Angel mislynch is maybe she has some insane roll. *tinfoil*

It just looks like she’s trying way too hard to look scummy.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3302 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:01 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 3299, Wisdom wrote:
In post 3298, Shoshin wrote:Wisdom's townread on the worst is fake
How is it different than, say, my townread on Reality? I havent explained that one either
I don't have a problem with unexplained reads. I have a problem with players who refuse to explain strong reads when questioned.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #3303 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:03 am

Post by Wisdom »

Then you are going to eternally scumread me

However i feel like you're smart enough to factor in different playstyles when reading people instead of relying in simplicities like "town explain things, scum don't", ie your read on me is bs
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3304 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:05 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 3301, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Shoshin are you a 3P because that would explain a lot. She was definitely pushing a random/Chick S v S thing earlier. Her rage towards CS makes total sense if she’s a 3P.

RN, she barrels into the thread, completely destroying anyone’s earlier townread on her. It’s almost like she’s trying to look over the top scummy.

Or maybe the real reason she feels so much upset over Angel mislynch is maybe she has some insane roll. *tinfoil*

It just looks like she’s trying way too hard to look scummy.
I'm not third party.

I said Random/Chick was plausible as scum/scum. But I never said Chick was scum. I expressed a strong preference for lynching Random over Chick, after all.

I'm not trying to look scummy. The problem is that you don't know how to distinguish scum from things you don't understand. Nothing I've done is scummy.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3305 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:05 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3296, Shoshin wrote:
In post 3287, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 3274, Shoshin wrote:Look, mafia is a game of probability. Nothing is certain. Certain behaviors or associations make one alignment or the other more probable. The town-tell is honesty about against-the-grain behaviors when a less-scummy-sounding lie could have been told without any harm or risk of detection.

In my case, I could have said I targeted Sajj because I thought she was vig. I could have made up all sorts of shit. But I didn't. And that's a town-tell in this case.
But no one else thought that before she claimed.

Your excessive anger towards CS doesn’t make any sense either. It almost seemed that you were happy he was dead and no longer a threat to you.

It seems to me that you scumread anyone who scumreads you?

Could you be a 3P?

I’m not picking up you being aligned with anyone. I don’t see you and Chick being w/w together but I could be wrong about that since random’s been pushing TPF since D1 but she’s pushing you over him.

But then you’d be targeting Wheme over random, so your only partner by default if you’re scum, has to be Wheme. I don’t see a Shoshin/Chick w/w connection.
Yeah, I was pretty upset with CS. I claimed to him because I trusted him but it turns out he was actually a shitty player and he told my claim to someone I scumread. And then he started pushing for my lynch on policy. I had no issues letting him die. I don't think he's a good player as town and he's not someone I want around over myself.

I scumread anyone who scumreads me? WTF? I scumread Random before he scumread me. Like, what are you talking about?
Who did he tell your claim too? Random was scumreading you as well he should because it makes perfect sense to scumread someone who’s deathtunnelling you. Wisdom my be uberannoying But that doesn’t make him scum, unfortunately. :(
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3306 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:06 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 3303, Wisdom wrote:Then you are going to eternally scumread me

However i feel like you're smart enough to factor in different playstyles when reading people instead of relying in simplicities like "town explain things, scum don't", ie your read on me is bs
Yeah, that's why I asked if it's a meta thing after voting you.

And I think even if that's your meta, you're in a group of players that I scumread by poe and your role sounds like bullshit.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3307 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:06 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3297, Wisdom wrote:
Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 3291, Wisdom wrote:
In post 3287, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I don’t see you and Chick being w/w together but I could be wrong
you are
Not thinking you’re scum doesn’t mean this is persuasive. Try harder. :lol:
Give me your moonlogic about why theyre not scum together
How ‘bout you use yours to explain how they are?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3308 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:08 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3298, Shoshin wrote:
In post 3293, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 3280, Shoshin wrote:Like, Nancy, think about it. You're comparing honesty about a game-related action vs honesty about outside factors (e.g. feeling sick) when they're obviously very different. You need to add more nuance to your analysis.
How was Wisdom being dishonest about the game? Name one thing so far he has lied about?
I wasn't talking about Wisdom when I brought up my honesty as a town-tell.

But to answer your question, Wisdom's townread on the worst is fake, though I'm not sure if it's a lie (that depends on the worst's alignment).
Not giving reasons /= fake.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3309 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:09 am

Post by Shoshin »

If Wisdom's not going to explain anything, only way to read him is a combination of who he's pushing and poe.

He's in the group of possible scum by poe.

And he's pushing a mislynch (me) while defending scum (Random).

That's part of why I scumread him. His refusal to answer why the worst is "definitely town" was what pushed me over the edge.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #3310 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:09 am

Post by Wisdom »

poe, theyre both scummy, and shoshin is actively pushing counterwagons
now remind me why you think they arent together

@nancy
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3311 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:09 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 3308, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 3298, Shoshin wrote:
In post 3293, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 3280, Shoshin wrote:Like, Nancy, think about it. You're comparing honesty about a game-related action vs honesty about outside factors (e.g. feeling sick) when they're obviously very different. You need to add more nuance to your analysis.
How was Wisdom being dishonest about the game? Name one thing so far he has lied about?
I wasn't talking about Wisdom when I brought up my honesty as a town-tell.

But to answer your question, Wisdom's townread on the worst is fake, though I'm not sure if it's a lie (that depends on the worst's alignment).
Not giving reasons /= fake.
We're talking about probability. Like, do you understand what probability is?
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3312 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:10 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3306, Shoshin wrote:
In post 3303, Wisdom wrote:Then you are going to eternally scumread me

Yeah, that's why I asked if it's a meta thing after voting you.

And I think even if that's your meta, you're in a group of players that I scumread by poe and your role sounds like bullshit.
Why does his role sound like bullshit? He doesn’t even know who the fuck Sarah is?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #3313 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:11 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 3309, Shoshin wrote:And he's pushing a mislynch (me) while defending scum (Random).
correction, im pushing a scumlynch (chick)
But youre cute trying to twist things
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3314 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:12 am

Post by Shoshin »

Nancy, can you make a single post outlining all your concerns about me? I'd like to see the big picture of the problems you're having and see what I can do to address them.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3315 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:13 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 3313, Wisdom wrote:
In post 3309, Shoshin wrote:And he's pushing a mislynch (me) while defending scum (Random).
I thought you said I'm scum with Chick, and that Random is town. Did I misread that?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #3316 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:13 am

Post by Wisdom »

oh yay more spam incoming

nancy id tell you not to do it but youll most likely not listen
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3317 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:17 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3309, Shoshin wrote:If Wisdom's not going to explain anything, only way to read him is a combination of who he's pushing and poe.

He's in the group of possible scum by poe.

And he's pushing a mislynch (me) while defending scum (Random).

That's part of why I scumread him. His refusal to answer why the worst is "definitely town" was what pushed me over the edge.
When dd he defend random? He merely asked
questions
about why he would lie? That doesn’t mean random couldn’t have been lying. Taly was somewhat sus on random if you recall. No way are random/Taly w/w together.

Also the worst has had at various times Taly as one of his top scumreads. No way are the 3 of them the scumteam.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3318 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:20 am

Post by Shoshin »

lol Nancy.

I can see this game won't be won today.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3319 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:22 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3314, Shoshin wrote:Nancy, can you make a single post outlining all your concerns about me? I'd like to see the big picture of the problems you're having and see what I can do to address them.
I honestly don’t know what to make of you at this point. I’m leaning to badtown or 3P at the moment. There is too much conviction in your ludicrous reads for you to be scum. Also, I still don’t see the scum motivation in protecting Nico.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3320 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:25 am

Post by Shoshin »

Okay, time to take a different approach to this game because this isn't working.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3321 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:25 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3315, Shoshin wrote:
I thought you said I'm scum with Chick, and that Random is town. Did I misread that?
Yes.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3322 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:27 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3321, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 3315, Shoshin wrote:
Yes.
He isn’t trying to lynch YOU today.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3323 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:27 am

Post by Shoshin »

Alright, whatever. Lynch Chick. Nothing I say is going to stop that from happening.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3324 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:29 am

Post by Shoshin »

Nancy, how long have you been playing mafia?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”