Mini 2018 - American Presidents Mafia (Game Over)

Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:24 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1748, Gustavo wrote:I’m being left alive for the mislynch in lylo
Your slot is pretty safe right now (due to your previous slot's endeavours).
No need for you to look at yourself right now.
Consolidate your scum feels on everyone you have a ping for.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by brassherald »

Mathdino has not responded to his second prod and will be replaced. I believe that Not_Mafia is due for a second prod when I'm at my computer rather than on my cell. I'm going to give him benefit of this as a warning that he's got until I finish cooking and eating my dinner to not be prodded
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1746, the worst wrote:I was probably the n2 NK target
N1*
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by the worst »

Keyser Soze's avatar changing to Heisenberg has me so shook
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:35 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Someone do something scummy
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:05 pm

Post by brassherald »

Following up on The Declaration of Independence, the only person who signed it on July 4, 1776 was John Hancock.

Votecount 2.2

momrangal (2)
~ ,
Keyser Soze (1)
~
Mathdino (1)
~
Not_Mafia(1)
~
Gustavo (1)
~

Not Voting (6): Mathdino, Momrangal, Not_Mafia, the worst, EPB

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-07-15 20:30:00)

Mod NotesMomrangal and Gustavo are VLA
Searching for a replacement for Mathdino
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:18 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

Shoshin's D1 read on Gamma

"I still don't get what confuses you about "direction" when the questions were about very specific things that Stun and Math have done."

Shoshin doesn't understand Gamma's confusion.

"So I'm thinking we need to sort out Gamma, NSG, Skitter, Nauci, and the worst"

Shoshin shares a list of players she wants to sort.

"easily lynchable players (e.g. Mom, Gamma, Invis)."

Acknowledges that Gamma is easy to lynch (lynchbait?) when talking about the players The Worst has been focusing on so far.

"Nah, if scum isn't Nauci/Skitter/the worst, it's probably between Gamma/NSG"

Shoshin adds Gamma's name into her backup scum team theory.

"Gamma, what're your reads?"

Gamma joins the party. Shoshin is eager for him to express his reads, who he himself confesses are not 'concrete'.

"Gamma, can you link some representative games of you as town/scum?"

Shoshin appears concerned about Gamma's behaviour.

"Why?"

Challenges Irrelephant11's town read of Gamma. Shoshin is obviously not as convinced. Followed with a vote on Gamma.

"If Gamma's scum, this vote probably clears NM as town"

This is cute: pre-flip VCA on NM's quick vote on Gamma. Feels like a real reaction.

"So many options of who to vote and he chooses Gamma? I dunno. If Gamma's town, it's pretty meaningless, but if he's scum, it's a pretty strong indication that NM's town. If he were scum, he could have hung around without placing a vote. He could have waited to quickhammer Gamma and try to fake a town-tell. But putting him at L-2 where he's unlikely to get much town cred is precisely the point where scum NM doesn't vote for scum."
Talks through with skitter her explanation of her pre-flip VCA. I feel like this is an authentic explanation and not scum-Shoshin overdramatizing.

"Mom, what's your current read on Gamma?"

Demands Mom's take on Gamma.

"EP, what's your position on Gamma and why?"

Same question to EP now: sounds like Shoshin is collating information/associations about her main suspect. Natural play.

"I don't mind pressuring others but I'd lynch Gamma before I ever lynch Mom because if Mom's scum I think she'd have voted town Gamma already."

Wow, quite a statement. Looks and feels plausible from the mindset Shoshin has expressed so far.

"Gamma's scum because he's not scumhunting and because everyone else is more town."

The first statement doesn't make Gamma scum, but the second statement explain's Shoshin's vote.

"I'm not policy lynching NM, and I think that push is terrible from both Gamma and Nauci."

Hmmm... associations/distancing wise, this makes me think NM and Shoshin aren't scum partners.

"I have lots of reasons to vote Gamma besides everyone else being more town"

Shoshin then shares a list of (valid) reasons for scum reading Gamma.

"I have lots of ideas about who Gamma's partners are but it's not something I feel like talking about at this moment."

Shoshin has already hinted about the possible combinations... so this comment sounds legit.

"You're not helping your case, Gamma."

I feel Shoshin was being harsh but fair with Gamma.

"I find it very difficult to believe that town Gamma suspects me because I haven't "thought that far ahead."

Unfortunately, everything Gamma spouted in retaliation strengthened Shoshin's scum read of Gamma (or at least appears to). It does appear like Shoshin thought she'd caught scum, and was willing to go all the way with this lynch to the very end.

"Gamma, why is Math town?"

Shoshin now scrutinizing Gamma's reads.

"Has Gamma claimed? He should probably do that."

Pro-town suggestion. Plus, acts as a push to end the last chapter to D1.

"I don't believe there's any thought process underlying that read. I think you threw it out without thinking why."

I can see why Shoshin could feel like this. Echoes her suspicion from her earlier question to Gamma.

"I'd like to see Gamma's flip."

The last nail in Gamma's coffin. Hammer time.

Shoshin has been transparent with every suspicion and read. Her suspicion and read of Gamma was no different. You could see the process, the method and the cogs turning thoughout her theory/reasoning of scum-Gamma. At the time I could not see Shoshin's cut-throat interrogation of Gamma as scum theatre. As Gamma has flipped town, neither do I feel this was scum-Shoshin annihilating a defenceless/unprepared/confused townie. I actually feel even more closer to Shoshin now, even though she bludgeoned Gamma to death.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:39 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

Not_Mafia's D1 read on Gamma

Votes Gamma.

"Hamma Emerald"

Calls for everyone to hammer Gamma.

"The only people who really commit to PL’s on me are the noobs and the desperate, and Gamma ain’t no noob"

Not_Mafia backs up his suspicion/vote of Gamma implying Gamma is "desperate" scum.

Votes Gamma again for emphasis/for the fake hammer/for reactions (his vote is already on Gamma).

[Yes, the reasoning is quite lacking here. The motivation is explicit. He wanted Gamma dead. This is obviously a playstyle thing (which has been talked about endelessly D1). This behaviour may end up hurting town later. Even if Gamma had flipped scum, Not_Mafia's D1 behaviour would have still not helped me in sorting his slot. I hope Not_Mafia can add some sharp observations/opinions/reads to his playstyle D2.]

In post 1431, Not_Mafia wrote:The only people who really commit to PL’s on me are the noobs and the desperate, and Gamma ain’t no noob
You missed out one alternative.
Concerned Townie
. We need to work together after all. If you're town I'd hate for you to be misslynched through PoE.
In post 1754, Not_Mafia wrote:Someone do something scummy
Are you happy with how D1 went?
Do you believe nothing "scummy" was committed?
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:07 pm

Post by Gustavo »

In post 1750, Keyser Söze wrote:
Your slot is pretty safe right now (due to your previous slot's endeavours).
No need for you to look at yourself right now.
Consolidate your scum feels on everyone you have a ping for.
That was just meant as a joke. I’m good with my reads for now. Thanks.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:09 pm

Post by Gustavo »

Not mafia should always be policy lynched but this site is so anti-policy lynching.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by the worst »

we should policy lynch people who suggest policy lynches
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by the worst »

anyone who votes me from now on is just policy lynching for suggesting we policy lynch people who suggest policy lynches
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Pretty certain I know who Gustavo is
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:53 pm

Post by the worst »

same tbh
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:53 pm

Post by the worst »

how've you been lately NM? don't see you around as much these days
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:53 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'm cool, I'm still around, I guess we just haven't been in the same games. How are you?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:51 pm

Post by Nauci »

On mobile but

@irrelephant you said you still scum read Keyser and I'd like to know why and how his EOD posts affected that read progression
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:53 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 1672, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 1638, Nauci wrote:Weirdly enough, I read that progression as more town motivated because I couldn't see why he would wait until the last last last minute to pull out an incriminating meta dive, especially when Keyser had just made the momrangal wagon also viable. Unless mom-bernie actually is s/s which would seem weird too.
I agree with this read of Bernie EOD1, though I'm curious why you (Nauci) think mom/bernie s/s would be weird
Because they had been FOSing and/or voting each other for most of the day I guess
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 1689, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1665, Errantparabola wrote:my biggest reads are keyser and bernie as town.
scummy off the wagon are skitter and momrangal but I'd have to read on how they interacted with Gamma prior for specific scumminess related to being off the wagon
yes, please do so and elaborate

--
In post 1667, Nauci wrote:You guys have got to stop town reading math

He's promised to come back and post several times, but I'm pretty sure every time he glances over, he sees that people are oddly town reading him and decides lol I can only make it worse by posting and fucks back off

I know because I suck at scumming and that was basically how I did it. And because Math repeatedly professes to suck at being scum.
i'm not townreading him; he's hard null; i can't imagine that he's decided to stop posting everywhere on-site in order to win this game as scum; it's just not something i see him doing like ever

i think he's just busy irl

pressuring him when he isn't here to see it doesn't do anything and won't get him to post content, and brass said he'll replace him in the next couple of days if he doesn't come back

pushing him is a waste of your vote because if he's literally not here and doesn't see it voting him won't make him do anything. like that isn't an effective solution to this problem

--
In post 1668, the worst wrote:he's been offsite for a few days with irl stuff

focus elsewhere nauci.
duckling you need to do the 'talk about the game' thing

--
In post 1668, the worst wrote:he's been offsite for a few days with irl stuff

focus elsewhere nauci.
the way i pointed out all the problems you have with her play yesterday and you ignored them because she was on your highest tier of townreads, which you couldn't actually justify when prodded to do so

i'm slightly worried that both you and bernie jumped on her today and it makes me wonder if she's either the designated mislynch or the designated bus, although your pair of votes does seem to be indicative that the two of you (bernie and irrelephant) are probably not partners

--
In post 1683, Irrelephant11 wrote:But vca is a helpful tool and it is honestly just very likely that I'm write about the 2/1 split, with a possible exception in the case of lurky scum
there's almost for sure at least one scum on the wagon, and i doubt all three of them are on it

i really have no way of pinning down whether it's one or two at this time

In post 1621, brassherald wrote:Gamma Emerald(7) ~ Mathdino, Shoshin, Not_Mafia, Gustavo, the worst, Irrelephant11, Bernie Sanders
Momrangal(2) ~
skitter30
, Nauci
Bernie Sanders(2) ~ Keyser Söze, Momrangal
Shoshin(1) ~
Gamma Emerald

Not Voting (1): Errantparabola
although if i actual look at this and color in the flips and me it's indicative that if there's two off it's one of {errant/nauci} and one of {keyser/ mom} (ignoring my own personal reads + the fact that i don't think two scum were sitting on bernie at eod)

if we factor in my reads it points to mom + errant i think given town!nauci and scum!mom

that's my most likely guess if there's two off.
Well I feel like I was obviously talking to the people who did town read him so lol I don't think that was necessary

I was kinda vote parking while I figured out which stone I wanted to check under

Here seems decent while I still don't have time to catch up

VOTE: the worst
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:01 pm

Post by Momrangal »

As i get ready for bed and to wake up in like 5 hrs..

Doing full catch up monday, no nk is something worth looking ar
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:20 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 1666, Nauci wrote:
In post 1665, Errantparabola wrote:my biggest reads are keyser and bernie as town.
scummy off the wagon are skitter and momrangal but I'd have to read on how they interacted with Gamma prior for specific scumminess related to being off the wagon
That's kind of weird when Skitter (and I, but less so) started the momrangal wagon and is the only reason it continued to be a thing at all.
That's why I said "I'd have to read on how they interacted with Gamma"
The answer dto that question didn't come from some scummy association that i found with gamma but basically some stuff i didn't like from both of them independent of that, but yeah, might as well trash those reads and start from scratch.
In post 1673, Keyser Söze wrote:- relook at the nature of my Gustavo t/read (strong town connection with stungun0404, but I do not share the same trust factor with Gustavo).
100 percent how i feel about this as well but i think that the former should get inherently more weight than the latter
In post 1689, skitter30 wrote:yes, please do so and elaborate
okay, so basically all of my reasons for not liking you or Mom were detailed in my ISO and I know you asked me about what I meant about dancing around your scumreads but I really dont want to go back and figure out what i was talking about. It was def an error on my part for not being more specific but, uh, let's just say we're cool in that department and call it even. yeah. shrug
In post 1698, Irrelephant11 wrote:but my heart says it's Gustavo, Nauci, and mathdino
this is a hilariously spicy take and it comes from town almost certainly!!!
it feels to me like a lot of Gustavo's posts mirror this sort of attitude and he's approaching the game in a kind of... antagonistic way that feels transparent in ways that are hard to fake

VOTE: the worst
i think this is a fun wagon

my reads are roughly the same, bernie and irrelephant are good, bit less on keyser now but still town
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:25 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1765, Not_Mafia wrote:I'm cool, I'm still around, I guess we just haven't been in the same games. How are you?
I'm doing pretty good.
yeah that's uncanny, I'm at an all time high number of games and I think this is the only one you're in?
I'm sure we'll be in another soon
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:27 pm

Post by the worst »

@scum please for the love of god push a better wagon
I have a bit of a theory forming but I'm sad ;(
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:29 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

will you townread me if i unvote you
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:35 pm

Post by the worst »

it is in my best interests to say yes
so