Mini 2018 - American Presidents Mafia (Game Over)

Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:45 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1799, BlackVoid wrote:Hi guys! I was spectating the game but was skimming pretty hard. So, I'll give it a thorough read-through. I'm going to do something different here and actually post walls of quotes responding to everything I find notable and then post a list of my reads in the end. I think it'll help me process the game faster. Also, I have to leave for work in around 3.5 hours but I have the day off tomorrow so that's when I'll do the bulk of it.
Welcome!

Excited for some new activity!

P.S. are you scum?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:03 am

Post by Shoshin »

Irrelephant, what's the qualifier "defo" mean in ?

Skittere's town because she didn't vote Gamma? No. Scum probably split their votes on/off that lynch.

She's town because she shaded you when you joined her on Mom? That reasoning doesn't make much sense. Why is her instinct to shade someone who agrees with her? If anything, wouldn't that suggest that she had no conviction in Mom flipping scum?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:15 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Ohhh lol yeah “defo” is short for definitely it’s true. But I use it in a slang-y way because i can’t actually be 100% on any of them. I know that scum probably split their votes, but i think Mom > Nauci > Keyser are the most likely candidates for off-Gamma-wagon scum. That means errant and Skitter are v likely town. I think Not_Mafia > the worst >
Mathdino
BlackVoid > Gustavo are the most likely scum on the wagon, which means Shoshin and Bernie are v likely town. Even if I’m slightly wrong about the details of my wagon analysis, those four players seem the least likely to be the scum on/off the wagon. That’s my thoughts process there, and it matches my reads of each of those slots.

I’ll go find the quote for Skitter shading me because I think my paraphrase was poor
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:23 am

Post by Shoshin »

If there's scum voting Gamma, I doubt it's Math.

Could be NM or the worst, though.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:26 am

Post by Shoshin »

Why is Nauci scummier than Key or Errant?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:51 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 1663, skitter30 wrote:VOTE: mom

ftr i consider irrelephant's vote suspect given that he was hard townreading her yesterday for little reason and i literally called out all of her bad interactions with the gamma wagon yesterday repeatedly

p-edit: yes, all of those
In post 1691, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1670, Irrelephant11 wrote:Sorry, what part are we scumreading here? The way I'm voting your scumread? Or the way my read on Mom changed to match new information? (Or some third option, don't let me box you in)
In post 1689, skitter30 wrote:the way i pointed out all the problems you have with her play yesterday and you ignored them because she was on your highest tier of townreads, which you couldn't actually justify when prodded to do so

i'm slightly worried that both you and bernie jumped on her today and it makes me wonder if she's either the designated mislynch or the designated bus, although your pair of votes does seem to be indicative that the two of you (bernie and irrelephant) are probably not partners
this was meant to be a response to the above quote; i put a quote by duckling there instead
What I like here is that Skitter shows an inner conflict of “hmm I think Mom is scummy but Irrelephant joining me without a clear progression muddles things for me”. I could maybe see scum motivation to lynch Mom and have me take the fall but idk it reads genuine to me.

Re: Nauci I remember thinking EOD2 “if Gamma flips town Nauci seems ready to say she told us so, so check her out D2”. I haven’t had time this weekend to actually go back and examine me memory of this more closely but it’s a part of my reads until I do
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:04 am

Post by Shoshin »

I had the opposite reaction to 1663.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:06 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Tell me more

Also how are you reading Mom’s progression on Gamma?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:07 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I definitely feel like I let Mom go easy after finding a couple reasons to townread her D1
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:14 am

Post by Shoshin »

It's not suspect to reevaluate reads after a flip (if anything, the opposite) so it's odd that Skitter would call you out for reevaluating Mom in the opening stages of D2. And I'm especially concerned about that analysis because she agrees with the conclusion you came to. It's just hard to imagine a townie suspecting you for that.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:17 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 834, the worst wrote:I'm like 15 pages of splotchy reading behind but Nauci is not feeling like town!Nauci.
Hi TW, sorry to re-tread old ground, but are you seeing town!Nauci
now
?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:18 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1808, Irrelephant11 wrote:I definitely feel like I let Mom go easy after finding a couple reasons to townread her D1
I can relate to this feeling.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:36 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1810, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 834, the worst wrote:I'm like 15 pages of splotchy reading behind but Nauci is not feeling like town!Nauci.
now
?
I see tryhard!Nauci
but no not towntelling
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:37 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Gustavo's D1 read on Gamma

"And that is a huge red flag.
With regards to gamma one could argue he’s avoiding this game. Last post here on Tuesday. Posted on site yesterday. Logged on today."

Gustavo sounds highly suspicious of Gamma not voting (I found it NAI). Gustavo suspects Gamma has been avoiding the game.

"Im confused. Your response doesn’t make sense to that post"

Gustavo sounds like another player confused about Gamma's posting.

"Since nobody wants to lynch sho, I’ll go here"

Gamma votes Gustavo (for being "scum who just doesn't give a shit if he's wrong"), Gustavo votes Gamma. Gustavo doesn't feel the need to go into detail the whys and hows. Maybe he'll add this later...

Gustavo unvotes Gamma because his strongest scum read (shoshin) votes Gamma. Hmmm, it could indicate how Gustavo would be naturally uncomfortable on Gamma's wagon.

"I’m fine with a gamma lynch tho"

Gustavo is still unashamedly happy with the Gamma lynch though.

"The fact he’s not voted all game and his first vote is on me and his reason basically implies he knows I’m town is a red flag for me
I can’t be scum who doesn’t give a shit if I’m wrong. I’m fairly obviously town. He’s not scum hunting imo."
Gustavo re-votes Gamma. This time Gustavo shares his fully detailed reason. I think this scum read and reason is consistent with the way I've seen Gustavo express his scum reads/suspicions. Everything is so black and white... I don't think Gustavo likes to express/explore if a particular player could have said the same thing as town. It's close-mindedness, but I can't just help see this as Gustavo being honest.

"I need to find the 3rd scum"

Gustavo has seemingly convinced himself of scum-shoshin and scum-Gamma. Yes he's being honest, but I'm actually seeing this as bad play regardless of alignment. Yes, Gustavo is sharing his scum reads and suspicions, but then he is demonstrating confirmation-bias.

"Btw gamma, The fact you went a majority of the day without voting anyone is a huge red flag. The few times I’ve seen that those people flipped scum. Even if I’m wrong and you are actually town, it’s shameful you’ve done that."

Seems a fair point if Gustavo is familiar with that behaviour.

"Me as scum would be stupid to push somebody everyone is town reading because of the negative attention I’d receive, and look. I’m receiving negative attention."

At least here, scum-Gustavo realises he can not win through sub-optimal play.

"I like a gamme lynch"

Gustavo again points to where he wants D1 to end.

"Let’s lynch Gamma and end this day already"

Scum-Gustavo is happy to power through the Gamma miss-lynch or town-Gustavo stuck in confirm-bias... I would side with the latter (WIFOM).

Re-quotes Not_Mafia's post to hammer Gamma. Scum-Gustavo has no shame! Is scum-Gustavo that confident of his game, and of town's willingness to put up with his forceful behaviour?

"Cause there is a perfectly viable scum wagon on gamma. People trying to push a counter are suspicious"
Here we go again. This looks like too much of a confident scum play here to be scum. I can't imagine this being scum-Gustavo powering through this miss-lynch, and scaremongering other players off potentially superior counter wagons. Like is scum-Gustavo that confident he won't be vigged/investigated/tracked? WIFOM is telling me town-Gustavo here.

"The gamma wagon literally just started. It’s too soon to say there was no traction."

Gustavo even opposing Skitter's wagon-mechanics theory of Gamma's wagon being a misslynch wagon. Gustavo is actively trampling down any oppoistion to the Gamma wagon. WIFOM says town, town, town.

"A gamma lynch points to somebody on Bernie being scum if gamma flips scum.
Let’s flip gamma already and find out. Your resistance to it makes you look bad if he flips scum."

Some classic pre-flip wagon analysis thrown in too.

[Gustavo may have actually sparked something here to revive my bad feels for Skitter.]

"Gamma isn’t town"

This is the cherry on top! Gamma then gets hammered. I won't be voting Gustavo today! If he's scum, well-played mate.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:40 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1812, the worst wrote:
now
?
I see tryhard!Nauci
but no not towntelling
That is a great way of putting it. I am actually scared to confront this new way of seeing Nauci's whole contribution, as I've enjoyed her posting. I'll be looking at her last (could just be paranoia).
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:42 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 1812, the worst wrote:
now
?
I see tryhard!Nauci
but no not towntelling
Mm i feel this actually

Part of me is like “wow effort! Nauci is probs town” but agreed that not much else makes me townread her, if anything

Pedit: well this is concerning then
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:44 am

Post by the worst »

yeah but I get the feeling she's posting to get townread not posting to nail scum
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:48 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In summary, of the D1 reads of Gamma from the players on Gamma's miss-lynch wagon, I have liked them in this ranked order so far:

1 Shoshin
2 Gustavo
3 Mathdino
4 Not_Mafia

Note: my good feels for the Shoshin and Gustavo slots have been strengthened.

[I will try to complete the next three votes (the worst, Irrelephant11, Bernie Sanders) tonight.]
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:49 am

Post by the worst »

how are you actually reading Not_Mafia tho
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:55 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1818, the worst wrote:how are you actually reading Not_Mafia tho
I've already made some minimal notes of him so far.

He is neither a strong town read or a strong scum read (I don't think anyone should be reading him as such).

I believe he's exactly where he wants to be read.

I'll only begin to understand his motivations if he starts opening up.

He's not on the top of my list right now of players I want/need to sort, as I understood by everyone's D1 comments that this is
his thing
(playstyle-wise, which is infuriating, but it's his choice).
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:01 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1812, the worst wrote:I see tryhard!Nauci
but no not towntelling
If you believe this, what have you done about it, since our last chat about Nauci on D1?

(I've been casting my eye over your ISO for a few minutes now...)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:03 pm

Post by the worst »

that's a surprisingly and impressively nuanced read on Not_Mafia. I may actually finally be getting over my first impression of you :P
In post 1820, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 1812, the worst wrote:I see tryhard!Nauci
but no not towntelling
If you believe this, what have you done about it, since our last chat about Nauci on D1?

(I've been casting my eye over your ISO for a few minutes now...)
just watched my wagon fill itself up with scumfucks. not claiming slayers gambit here but I have been busy with other stuff and I think weirdly it's delivered in its own way. :lol:

but hey here I am now. wanna jam?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1777, the worst wrote:yikes there's prolly 2 scum on my wagon
I just feel like you should have voted Nauci here.
But that's me.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:12 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

Here too...
In post 1816, the worst wrote:yeah but I get the feeling she's posting to get townread not posting to nail scum
In post 1821, the worst wrote:just watched my wagon fill itself up with scumfucks.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:17 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

From the first few pages, I think Shoshin is probably town for tossing out early townreads. It's the kind of "POE mindset" that town often tend to have where they try to narrow down the pool of potential scum by finding town. I also think the pg1-2 conflict between her and skitter was based on playstyle and both genuinely believed what they were saying.
In post 51, Momrangal wrote:Zzz
This is great and all but let's all build a wagon on actual scum
VOTE: invisible
This is the entrance I liked the least. The "zzz" tries to give off the impression that Momrangal doesn't find anything that's been said so far to be useful and the term "actual scum" feels like she's saying she's got some really good insight that everyone else is missing. But she doesn't actually say what it is. This whole post just rubs me the wrong way. I think the discussion that's happened so far is fine for the first two pages and not worthy of a "zzz."
In post 65, Momrangal wrote:Cuz what I see is active lurking already happening.
How was Invisibility "active lurking?" At the time you said this, he had already inserted himself into skitter's and shoshin's back-and-forth and posted opinions and clarifications to help move it forward. I think that's fine for page 2. What else were you expecting?
In post 87, Keyser Söze wrote:@Irrelephant - maybe I had flashbacks to a game where I (as scum) felt comfortable scum reading only my team mate right off the bat, early game, and my team mate didn’t know what to do (both throwing shade and giving me a defence via meta). I saw abit of this in Shoshin and mathdino. But the way things have unfolded... I feel like this is too reachy.
This post gives me a slight townread on Keyser. It's a pretty deep thought process and I have a hard time seeing scum coming up with such a nuanced reason to suspect two people. Also, his point about scum occasionally only feeling comfortable scumreading their teammates resonates with me because I've felt that way as scum sometimes when I was newer. It feels like townie paranoia.
In post 102, Nauci wrote:The strongest page 5 reads I have are that shosh/skitter are probably the same alignment, and that said alignment is town. Correcting for misconceptions by someone else about someone else feels town motivated to me because scum would just sit back and let the confusion do its thing.
Can you elaborate on your phrasing here? You said they are the "same alignment" and that alignment is town as opposed to just saying that you are townreading them both. That implies that the second most likely possibility is that they are both scum as opposed to one of them being scum and the other town. Why? I generally have a hard time understanding the logic behind people saying that two players could be both scum or both town. I think the second sentence may have been an explanation for this but I'm not sure I understand what you are talking about there.
In post 109, stungun0404 wrote:i had a gut feeling naucy was being naughty. i wasn’t explicitly scumreading the slot per se, but nobody had voted for the slot yet and i couldn’t see a clear town motive peeking through their iso at their earlier content, so i laid a vote down there.
This explanation of voting someone because he thinks they aren't getting enough attention is a towntell (for a newbie). Considering he joined a month ago, that gives me a slight townread.
In post 111, Irrelephant11 wrote:Feeling currently like Shoshin/Stungun/math has at most one mafiosa. Keyser/stungun/skitter could have as many as THREE but probably not more than like 1.5.
How are any of these players related to the other? Why not just post your reads on people instead of listing out three people and saying there's at most one scum in there (on what basis did you conclude this)? The thought process behind the second sentence is also something I don't understand.
In post 133, Bernie Sanders wrote:eh fuck it

VOTE: stungun
What were you thinking at this time? I dislike "fuck it" votes in general because it's hard to see what the person is thinking and analyzing wagons based on "fuck it" votes is pretty hard too. Fuck what? Did you think stungun was "rattled?" How? And why is it scummy? Did you find Shoshin's argument persuasive? The handful of content posts stungun made up until that point felt towny to me.

Stungun's is towny as well for the same reason Shoshin mentioned in .
In post 142, Bernie Sanders wrote:Eh can't even bullshit being interested on this
Are you saying the Stungun vote was a reaction test of sorts?
In post 151, Nauci wrote:Okay after a quick re-skim I'm feeling not good about how easily pushed back Stun was. Vote on me without follow up justification, even highlighting not asking anyone else to do so, and then very quick unvote from just being asked why.
He didn't quickly unvote. He posted several times between responding to why he voted you. I didn't think his motivation for voting you felt scummy at all. There are a lot of easy things he could pick on if he wanted to blend in without drawing attention to someone he thinks is not being given enough scrutiny. He eventually unvoted towards the end of the day so he could re-read with fresh eyes the following day I assume. Saying he quickly unvoted and was pushed back too easily doesn't feel like an honest representation of what he did.
In post 171, Irrelephant11 wrote:Hot take: Keyser hasn’t done anything towny yet
I found his posts generally towny. Do you have any opinions on his posts so far? Did you have a reason to be concerned or you just thought he was null?

That's the first seven pages. Heading off to work now. Will be back at around 8 hours.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”