OPEN 732 : PICK YOUR POWER X/Y (GAME OVER)

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:40 pm

Post by the worst »

VOTE COUNT 1.6

Sando (1)
~ BuJaber,
skitter30 (0)
~
AP (0)
~
brassherald (0)
~
BuJaber (2)
~ vulcan logician, Enigma,
Ausuka (0)
~
Skygazer (0)
~
vulcan logician (1)
~ Sando,
ceejayvinoya (0)
~
ruru (1)
~ OkaPoka,
ofrhz (0)
~
Invisibility (0)
~
OkaPoka (4)
~ brassherald, skitter30, AP, Invisibility,
Enigma (5)
~ ceejayvinoya, Ausuka, Skygazer, ruru, ofrhz,

NOT VOTING:

with 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

day one will end in (expired on 2018-07-25 18:30:00)

mod notes:

- skitter30 v/la Fridays & Saturdays
- back on my pagetoppin' throne where I belong
- I believe the saviour of the open queue will come again
- quack
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:11 pm

Post by ruru »

In post 195, Enigma wrote:Gut says one of the three who jumped on are scum.
This is objectively most probable if you're town though

Do you specifically think it's more likely than random?
I don't think there is (for myself, at least) any point in trying to rationalise ruru for now. I think I'll just ignore her and her claim until later in the game where it will all unravel if she's scum.

Also I was just waiting to see if ofrhz would feel like explaining himself later. He asked a few qs, I responded but he didn't say end up reasoning in thread but rather just jumped on the wagon. Though I imagine it was due to my attention on ruru, and given the controversy and difference of opinions there - leaning the suspicion towards sky.
If I'm unreadable to you then why is sky PoE scum and not me? Are you actually scumreading her?
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:43 pm

Post by Enigma »

In post 201, ruru wrote:
This is objectively most probable if you're town though

Do you specifically think it's more likely than random?
I don't think there is (for myself, at least) any point in trying to rationalise ruru for now. I think I'll just ignore her and her claim until later in the game where it will all unravel if she's scum.

Also I was just waiting to see if ofrhz would feel like explaining himself later. He asked a few qs, I responded but he didn't say end up reasoning in thread but rather just jumped on the wagon. Though I imagine it was due to my attention on ruru, and given the controversy and difference of opinions there - leaning the suspicion towards sky.
If I'm unreadable to you then why is sky PoE scum and not me? Are you actually scumreading her?
So if more people jump on my wagon today or if something otherwise happens to me and I flip or whatever, then the VCA for the wagon will definitely be interesting and worth pursuing.

Less PoE sky, and more scum reading:
1. She townreads you immediately after your introduction post :eek:
2. Doesn't show curiosity when voting me, despite being curious when posting earlier votes :shifty:
3. Ignores and is not surprised by your whole distracting PGO debacle :?:
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:49 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 128, skitter30 wrote:
In post 127, Sando wrote:I very much doubt CJ is partnered with ofrhz, and I know he's not partnered with me. CJ is a very blasé scum when it comes to using powers or plans etc, and basically peaces out of that part of the game, I can't see him going along with this plan and being part of the double up. He would happily let his partners do what they want, so he could be solo to the 3's or the 6's, but I doubt he'd be partnered with a double up.
i really want that scum PT to be opened up ....

@ap: is this a fair assessment of scum!cj given jungle republic?
You'll be disappointed lols. Our pt was just mostly me sending nk targets to the mod. No daychat and pregame chat there sort of ruined planning.

Agree with Sando's assessment tho. I've yet to have a scumgame where I wholeheartedly cooperate with a partner.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by brassherald »

Did that game end?
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:55 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 137, skitter30 wrote:
In post 131, OkaPoka wrote:@skitter30 why aren't you voting someone?

also to everyone, meta changes lets not let it be our guiding reason to scumread/townread someone. especially if you think someone is not capable of doing x because of y game, they can improve and be able to do x in this game.
cuz i'm still getting a feel for things and not sure where i want to vote yet; i often don't vote (or don't vote seriously) till later on during day1

i can't really speak to cj meta but i feel fairly confident on the ruru meta tbh

--
In post 132, Sando wrote:
In post 130, skitter30 wrote:got it, my one and only game with him is jungle republic and all i can base my understanding of that assessment on is how he reacted to ap's plan in thread after the guilty

i'll check out that link at some point.
It's probably a better indicator yeah. Newbie with me the cop was basically a single word short of hard-claiming cop, CJs partner noticed it (as did pretty much everyone) and posted in scum pt during twilight of his lynch that CJ should kill the person. CJ was like "nah fuck it, ima kill this other guy", completely missing the cop thing entirely.

Basically, CJ strikes me as a great scum in game, but not one for following da plan, hence I think he wouldn't be part of a pair that picked the same number, but I think he wouldn't mind if his two partners paired up their numbers and left him solo.
i get what you're saying but idk if i would go so far to rule him out from potentially pairing up because of this tbh

honestly in a general sense i don't really think that the draft numbers should form the basis of reads (not talking to you specifically here); like it can def be a factor but it shouldn't be the *main* factor imo since WIFOM is inherently at play here
Without meta, what's your read on me?

Pedit: technically, it's over.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

I'm townreading skitter, and maybe sando.

ofrhz is town but that's mostly from tone

As for ruru idk
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:01 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 204, brassherald wrote:Did that game end?
Yeah but mod is away with some personal issues I think and so it hasn't technically finished. Me and AP have access to the dead thread, CJ and AP have access to the wolf thread, and Skitter has nothing :lol: :lol:
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:02 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 170, BuJaber wrote:I got a townvibe from oka tbh. So I found ausuka's gut read interesting.

Could be that oka is very good at threading the NAI line
I don't understand what you mean by treading the NAI line

Are you saying that what oka has been saying is mostly NAI?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:08 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

*post to indicate that i am sick but still slightly skimming the thread and expressing discomfort on the enigma wagon*
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:11 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 208, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 170, BuJaber wrote:I got a townvibe from oka tbh. So I found ausuka's gut read interesting.

Could be that oka is very good at threading the NAI line
I don't understand what you mean by treading the NAI line

Are you saying that what oka has been saying is mostly NAI?
But then you expressed you have a townvibe on him, which is odd.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:26 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 189, Invisibility wrote:VOTE: Oka
iso'd and actually im getting a gut ping here
VOTE: Invisiblity

No analysis or sorting at all and were almost 10 pages in
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:28 pm

Post by ruru »

In post 202, Enigma wrote:So if more people jump on my wagon today or if something otherwise happens to me and I flip or whatever, then the VCA for the wagon will definitely be interesting and worth pursuing.
This doesn't really answer the question

Do you think a redflip in {sky, ofrhz, ruru} makes the others less likely to be scum?

Also if you know you're town then shouldn't reading the votes be equally interesting to you now?
Can you explain why your previous post sounded like a PoE scumread?
In post 202, Enigma wrote:1. She townreads you immediately after your introduction post :eek:
2. Doesn't show curiosity when voting me, despite being curious when posting earlier votes :shifty:
Why are these scum-indicative?
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:56 pm

Post by Enigma »

In post 212, ruru wrote:
In post 202, Enigma wrote:So if more people jump on my wagon today or if something otherwise happens to me and I flip or whatever, then the VCA for the wagon will definitely be interesting and worth pursuing.
This doesn't really answer the question

Do you think a redflip in {sky, ofrhz, ruru} makes the others less likely to be scum?

Also if you know you're town then shouldn't reading the votes be equally interesting to you now?
Can you explain why your previous post sounded like a PoE scumread?
In post 202, Enigma wrote:1. She townreads you immediately after your introduction post :eek:
Why are these scum-indicative?
0. Where did this new ruru come from? pls stay
1. Do you think 2 of 3 scum are on my 5 person wagon. I think less likely but not impossible.
2. If I have not been reading the votes currently, then what have I been doing???
3. Check my previous posts if it wasn't subtle enough before I wrote it out
4. Because it can suggest not being in the non-informed majority ...

What are your thoughts on PL on a PGO claim before LYLO?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:00 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 193, BuJaber wrote:
In post 183, brassherald wrote:Yeah, why a PL day 2?
My math was off. I thought day 2 was mylo -1 but it's day 3.
I think your math is off still, but to confirm, you're saying policy lynch them the last day where their vengeance won't tip that lynch into a lylo retrospectively?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:10 pm

Post by brassherald »

PGO's alternative is not vengeful, though?

I'm still confused by that is what I'm saying.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:11 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 178, Enigma wrote: Yeh just read 721 she is spontaneous, but helpful at least with content. Here i feel is quite different - more random: no content here ... plus awkward non-town-beneficial choice/claim/play for no1 seed.

No games with anyone here .. haven't been on site for a loooooong time :giggle:
You may also be interested in purgatory where town!ruru entered the game claiming miller: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=76247

In general, it's a bit odd that you would look at one person's scumgame where they played very differently and suggest that they're purposefully changing their scumgame. i mean it's possible but not very probable. it also kind of jumps the gun, since it seems like you didn't read any of her towngames for comparison initially.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:23 pm

Post by ofrhz »

i think oka is town
In post 192, AP wrote:
In post 188, Invisibility wrote:
In post 186, AP wrote:Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I think I want to sheep skitter for now.

VOTE: Oka
is this just a sheep?
Nope. That was the slot that actually got me pulling my hair off.
Al he seems to do is nitpick anything that anyone else says.
what are you referring to here?
It looks like he wants to stand out as "doing something different" but -at the same time- nothing productive. He's spewing doubt in every single case or line of reasoning anyone else tries to build upon and that's it.
do you mean that he is trying to be contrary for the sake of it?
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:24 pm

Post by ruru »

In post 213, Enigma wrote:1. Do you think 2 of 3 scum are on my 5 person wagon. I think less likely but not impossible.
Right but the whole reason I'm questioning you about this is that you could say that based purely on probability

"2 players are unlikely to be scum in a random sample of 3" is a much different statement than "if one flips scum, the others are less likely than (2/whatever) to be scum"

The latter involves some sort of correlation or associative read

I'm asking if knowing one of our alignments would affect your read on the others
3. Check my previous posts if it wasn't subtle enough before I wrote it out
Okay I just reread your iso

The first couple times I read I don't think I understood it

I read sky's post as saying that
she's
blatantly sheeping her townreads onto you

I'm now reading your post as you thinking sky was accusing you of sheeping onto a wagon (bujaber), and you thinking it was hypocritical of her?
4. Because it can suggest not being in the non-informed majority ...
Do you think town specifically wouldn't townread my entrance?

Do you think town specifically wouldn't vote a scumread without asking a question?
What are your thoughts on PL on a PGO claim before LYLO?
I'm too obvtown to pl
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:25 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 217, ofrhz wrote:i think oka is town
Why?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:31 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 189, Invisibility wrote:VOTE: Oka
meh, kinda wondering if you hopped on because you saw other people joining it

--
In post 192, AP wrote:
In post 188, Invisibility wrote:
In post 186, AP wrote:Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I think I want to sheep skitter for now.

VOTE: Oka
is this just a sheep?
Nope. That was the slot that actually got me pulling my hair off. Al he seems to do is nitpick anything that anyone else says. It looks like he wants to stand out as "doing something different" but -at the same time- nothing productive. He's spewing doubt in every single case or line of reasoning anyone else tries to build upon and that's it.
i'm getting a general vibe of like ... contrariness from him, if that makes sense? like he's trying to stir up conflict almost?

--
In post 194, BuJaber wrote:@skitter - not exactly. I was saying that the fact that I said I predict that 1 scum is among the researchers doesn't necessary mean I didn't research. It just so happens to be true but since it was just a prediction on something nai (research) the next time I predict something similar I might be among the pool. In this case the fact that multiple people have researched past games points to one f them being scum simply because I find it highly unlikely that all those that researched are town. Especially since scum benefit more from the research in this setup imo.

No brass scumread is based on the meta thing I mentioned. I wasn't thinking about him or anyone else in particular when I made the prediction.

I dunno I kinda felt that oka's posts seemed like active participation for the purposes of scumhunting. But given the wagon on him it'd be worth reading his ISO to see all his posts together and assess his total contribution to the game so far.
i agree that it's very likely that scum researched past iterations of this setup, but the actual act of posting about the result of that research is generally nai to me unless osmeone was like trying to get towncred for doing all that work. in a vaccum i don't that posting such things is scum-indicative or town-indicative; scum may have researched but not bothered to post their results, and town might not have researched at all; those would look the same too.

like i don't think the acts of 'researching' necessitates 'posting about the research' and just because scum are more likely to do the former doesn't make them more likely to do the latter amongst the people who researched, if that makes sense.

--

i'm still not entirely sure why you think sky's vote was the worst tbh? i actually kinda liked it for how obvious she was being about sheeping townreads - scum i feel like don't usually lampshade votes that way or are that blatant about it

--
In post 205, ceejayvinoya wrote:Without meta, what's your read on me?
tending towards town - you feel a lot more engaged like ... *here* than last game, if that makes sense. your posts are also exhibiting a level of insight that was kinda lacking last time.

(i know you said without meta but i have a lot trouble reading your sort of playstle cold tbh so i try to use other things to form the read - if you noticed last game my read on you was basically based on associatives and very little of it was based on what *you* were doing; most of what you actually did wasn't really AI for me; here since i have a baseline for how you play i can compare what you're doing here to what you did there)

--
In post 207, Sando wrote:
In post 204, brassherald wrote:Did that game end?
Yeah but mod is away with some personal issues I think and so it hasn't technically finished. Me and AP have access to the dead thread, CJ and AP have access to the wolf thread, and Skitter has nothing :lol: :lol:
poor me :lol:

--
In post 209, OkaPoka wrote:*post to indicate that i am sick but still slightly skimming the thread and expressing discomfort on the enigma wagon*
when you come back, can you talk more about why you don't like it?

--
In post 214, Sando wrote:
In post 193, BuJaber wrote:
In post 183, brassherald wrote:Yeah, why a PL day 2?
My math was off. I thought day 2 was mylo -1 but it's day 3.
I think your math is off still, but to confirm, you're saying policy lynch them the last day where their vengeance won't tip that lynch into a lylo retrospectively?
sando, any hot takes on the game thus far?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:47 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 220, skitter30 wrote:sando, any hot takes on the game thus far?
Yes but I think they're gonna dig themselves deeper so ima not say the scum hot-take.

CJ looks townie AF.
AP I think we'll have a decent read on by EOD.
We're keeping Brass around for a while at least.
Skitter looks like town-skitter, but I haven't seen scum-skitter so...

The rest are lynchable, but there's 1-2 that I think are topping the pile, I'll elucidate on that later.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:53 pm

Post by skitter30 »

tending town on cj and brass

ap i don't really have a read yet on yet but i def think i'll be able to read him as things progress

i don't think anyone in this game has seen scum!me; my most recent scumgame is like last august lol

i don't think ruru is lynchable today despite the claim

def interested in your hot scum take when you're ready to share
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:56 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 222, skitter30 wrote:def interested in your hot scum take when you're ready to share
It's my GFs birthday today so I'm going to be VLA for a few days, but once back yeah I assume all the digging will probably be done by then.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:58 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Cool cool, I hope you enjoy the birthday with your gf :)

Return to “Completed Open Games”