AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:07 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

I double check the sample role PM just now and the Sun + Moon combo are strictly from Western Astrology.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! BE ANTI-TOWN!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:12 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 0, Fate wrote:(Sources: Intuitive Astrology by Elizabeth Rose Campbell;
Astrology for Writes Corrine Kenner
; Jefferson Anderson Sun/Moon Combinations; Sun/Moon
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:17 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

Pluto is also connected to Scorpio. It'd make much more sense if that was the claim, not these Greek Gods.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:18 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

And Aphrodite is connected to Venus which is related to Taurus.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:22 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

If these Greek God claims are just another way to say your Moon sign, why not go with that if they're scum? I've said it before but I'm saying it again that the sample role PM provides the town flavor for a town player.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:24 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

:p

I'm going to give my brain a break. I'm in tunnel mode which is stupid.

Gonna go at this game from a different angle tomorrow.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

thepixiecollective
thepixiecollective
Goon
thepixiecollective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:30 pm

Post by thepixiecollective »

In post 1213, AnonymousGhost wrote:So, I started out with a Camn ISO and this spiraled into a whole boatload of work cause it's that time of the day when I need to reevaluate my reads. Yippee~

Haha.
Not

Anyway, I took a look at Camn and then compared that to both Dunn's and Muffin's case on them and I don't see it.

Camn's Scum!Dunn Case -
Kuribo's Scum!Dunn Case in a Nutshell -

I took a look at Dunn's ISO (twice), one with Kuribo and the other with Camn and just like before, the points aren't sticking FMPOV (the shade and bait). I don't think that two out of the three points (AtE and lack of civility) in Kuribo's case are good reasons to scum read Dunn.

Outside of all that, I actively searched his ISO for reasons that he [Dunn] could be scum and I could only come up with two:

The whole taking my "side" when Pixie and I were having the argument from Page 28 to 33 (pocketing which is self explanatory) and then where he tells LLD that he's going to "spend all of day 2 pushing you [her]". Both pieces are flimsy, but the second is especially because I've seen other people make references to D2 with a lot of confidence that they're not going to be NK'd in this very game. On the other hand, I know that this 'slip in time' is also something newbie scum tend to fall into - so it's a valid tell to use.

Is Dunn a newb? No. And the fact that I'm aware that other people have made this same 'slip' (Kuribo, I think. FYI this isn't fact checked ATM) and, in Kuribo's case, I have him as town and he's definitely not a newb.

TL;DR - The scum cases on Camn and Dunn aren't convincing me to scum on either player. Dunn = Town and Camn = Null, so no vote from me.
can I have a list from you of your reads on all of the players in the game? ty :)
thepixiecollective
thepixiecollective
Goon
thepixiecollective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:32 pm

In post 1217, DrippingGoofball wrote:I'd be willing to lynch camnstuki.
ImageImageImage
thepixiecollective
thepixiecollective
Goon
thepixiecollective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:34 pm

In post 1218, AnonymousGhost wrote:I think these Mason claims are BS by virtue of knowing Kuribo's flavor claim combo of his Sun and Moon sign, Muffin's claim that his role has nothing to do with Greek Gods, and the fact that when I compare the Moon flavor aspect of both Masons to Kuribo and my Moon flavor and how the latter two are both from Western Astrology. Kuribo's solidly town at this point, so I'm trusting his Moon flavor claim more than Muffin's ATM.

TL;DR
- I'm beyond skeptical. I still want my Staeg lynch to literally
just
confirm that this isn't some fake claim BS made by desperate scum to not eat the D1 lynch. If you can't tell by this point, these are the two players that I
never
want to see reach LyLo,
especially not together.

Is this stupid and anti-town?
Oh yes it is
~ >:3

Am I going to get a Staeg lynch today? Probably not. :l

My logic is if the following things
are all true
: Kuribo's sheer power, if he's town, these Mason claims, and if Staeg eats the D1 lynch (thus flipping town), scum have two choices between killing Kuribo - who, as far as they know, could become their worst nightmare - OR kill the now confirmed Mason that the town could rally and build a town block around.

Both of these things could spell trouble for scum in the long term for reasons that should be self-explanatory. Scum ultimately have to make a hard choice and place their bets that there aren't any protective roles in the game that stand a good chance of targeting between Kuribo and the remaining Mason.
this post is pretty awful. I believe the mason claim cos it is a suboptimal strat and I don't see either of them doing that. you only do stuff like that when you are playing for lulz.

they clearly aren't

and I don't like the shade being thrown their way but *shrug*
thepixiecollective
thepixiecollective
Goon
thepixiecollective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:36 pm

In post 1222, Dunnstral wrote:Pixie, if my wagon isn't possible, would you look towards voting camntsuki at deadline if they had a big wagon?
I am not a fan of it, no

I want to hear more from camn
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:40 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

I will do down with my ship~
Talk Fast, Think Faster

thepixiecollective
thepixiecollective
Goon
thepixiecollective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:44 pm

In post 1227, AnonymousGhost wrote:Pluto is also connected to Scorpio. It'd make much more sense if that was the claim, not these Greek Gods.
pluto is the roman name for hades. the gods have roman names and greek names, roman names are what what the planets are called. aphrodite is venus, hermes is mercury etc.

the only part of the claim that doesn't make sense is part where staeg is claiming hades (god of death and the underworld) and aphrodie is the goddess of love and beauty. their is no myth that really connects them except for hades being aphrodite's uncle.

so its weird to tie them together. thats the only part of the claim that sounds unbelievable. but a mason claim is pretty silly since there might be investigative roles, or what not, if 1 flips scum it wld instalynch the other.

and muffina knows this. its why he is in the doghouse.

you jumping on it like white on rice looks terrible.
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:48 pm

Post by AnonymousGhost »

And regardless of the Greek or Roman mythology, they're still a round about way for claiming Scorpio and Taurus, respectively. That's the part I'm hung up on.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

thepixiecollective
thepixiecollective
Goon
thepixiecollective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:52 pm

In post 1237, AnonymousGhost wrote:And regardless of the Greek or Roman mythology, they're still a round about way for claiming Scorpio and Taurus, respectively. That's the part I'm hung up on.
its a suboptimal strat. I know both of those players and they are not suboptimal players. kuribo and dgb did it once but I think it is rare especially on d1.

the masons are a self resolving issue and it shld be treated as town until proven otherwise.

why does this feel like explaining the color blue.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:57 pm

Post by kuribo »

I believe the mason claim because there is literally exactly one person dumb enough to confirm their scum partner as their "mason" buddy, and that's unfortunately me.

If they're not masons, Nacho had no reason to confirm, least of all on day 1 when they'd need a lot of help to win as scum. Don't you understand? If either flips scum, the other is outted. Who the hell would do that day 1?

My scum partner claims mason on day 1, I leave them to twist in the wind. Or any day for that matter. Lessons learned on that one.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:59 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 1238, thepixiecollective wrote:kuribo and dgb did it once but I think it is rare especially on d1.

Gay Mafia 1, DGB and I counterclaimed the masons in what we thought was MYLO. Turned out they were vengeful lover masons, they shot DGB, leaving me and Katsuki a whole night phase to reflect on how I was outted scum.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
thepixiecollective
thepixiecollective
Goon
thepixiecollective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:00 pm

In post 1239, kuribo wrote:If they're not masons, Nacho had no reason to confirm, least of all on day 1 when they'd need a lot of help to win as scum. Don't you understand? If either flips scum, the other is outted. Who the hell would do that day 1?
thepixiecollective
thepixiecollective
Goon
thepixiecollective
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:00 pm

In post 1240, kuribo wrote:
In post 1238, thepixiecollective wrote:kuribo and dgb did it once but I think it is rare especially on d1.

Gay Mafia 1, DGB and I counterclaimed the masons in what we thought was MYLO. Turned out they were vengeful lover masons, they shot DGB, leaving me and Katsuki a whole night phase to reflect on how I was outted scum.
lol
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:03 pm

Post by kuribo »

It was MYLO and the stupid part wasn't that we claimed mason, we had actually spent the whole game preparing to claim mason

The stupid part was that together we decided to COUNTERCLAIM THE ACTUAL MASONS

the other two had claimed first and we were like NOPE WE ARE THE MASONS

and then town LYNCHED THEM which triggered their vengeful (which they didn't claim) and they used it to shoot DGB

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:06 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1203, MariaR wrote:
In post 1199, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1197, MariaR wrote:I'm in the same spot as you.
I rather cam get lynched but if fey reaches l-2 /l-1 I'll vote it
That's fine, I guess.

Where are you on Espeonage?
I remember a lot of people calling Esp town and I didn't really see why but they haven't really rang out as scummy to me
They're scummy through inaction, it's a real thing. I'm not advocating we lynch them today though, feysal had some posts that seem town to me though they've said some disagreeable things but whatever
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:10 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 1211, MariaR wrote:Kuro who else do you scumread besides Dunnstral? Also why do you tr the cam hydra answer when you can tyvm.
@kuro :3

Pedit I'll answer when I'm on comp just woke up
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
camntsuki
camntsuki
Mafia Scum
camntsuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:24 pm

Post by camntsuki »

In post 1201, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 1168, AnonymousGhost wrote:Just comparing the Sun/Moon aspect to my own role PM and Kuribo's claim (Gemini/Capricorn), I'm kinda wondering if the Greek God claims are legit
my role has nothing to do with greek gods but it's either their fake-claim or they're town, so i don't think it matters
In post 1172, thepixiecollective wrote:do you think that they wld do it in this small of a game?
yes. why not? it literally takes them off the table at least until later in the game so as long as whoever theyre scum with doesn't get lynched, it's good for them. yeah, it ties their fate together (haha, get it? ... i'll see myself out...), but let's be honest, if staeg had gone down today, nacho was going to (most likely) get strung up D2 anyway. this gives them at least a chance to force some mislynches through before that happens and give their buddy better chances (and people are going to be wary about lynching mason claims at any stage of the game outside of lylo, really)

i think it might just be staeg-nacho-cupcamn

it would make sense of why cupcake hasn't said a word about staeg all game until just recently. the only nacho mention i can find is in (camn post) and that's pretty weak

and staeg hasn't said a word about cupcamn or nacho all game

(i realise there's probably not much point in harping on about this today, just wanted to make it clear what im currently thinking is happening here since i figure people are going to write them off because of the claim)

If it turns out that you were right and staeg/nacho were indeed scum fakeclaiming muffins we'll spend the next month talking about how wonderful muffins are.

Doubt it though.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:27 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 1233, thepixiecollective wrote:this post is pretty awful.
How cheeky would a scum have to be to advocate the lynching of masons... unless they were fakeclaiming buddies? Except not on Day 1.

Ghost is town for sure.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
camntsuki
camntsuki
Mafia Scum
camntsuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:28 pm

Post by camntsuki »

In post 1240, kuribo wrote:

Good times.

Who could have predicted VENGEFUL masons. Alas, that game was so close to being one of the best scum games ever played on MS (got half the town to claim d1 lol)
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:29 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1246, camntsuki wrote:If it turns out that you were right and staeg/nacho were indeed scum fakeclaiming muffins we'll spend the next month talking about how wonderful muffins are.
even though i know you're probably just saying that to try to make me doubt my read, if i'm right, i will hound you about that in every post i make, fyi
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”