Newbie 1881 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:59 pm

Post by nancy »

Where/how do you think you've been proactive?
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:32 am

Post by nancy »

Well that was fruitful lmao
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:11 am

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 318, nancy wrote:
In post 265, IcemanCh wrote:I always feel like I come across as scum when I just sheep
Are you talking about this game or in general
In general. I feel sheeping can be lazy and is anti-town at best and scummy at worst. I feel like if I'm voting or someone else is voting they should always give a contributive reason. Never vote because someone else voted that way.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:17 am

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 337, Quick wrote:The votes moved from FF to Flicker and who FF and Flicker are voting for.

FF might have gotten caught early and then talked his way out of things. That said, I have known him to be lynchbait, but a really good player, so I have a Null read on that dynamic of the game, however, because both Flicker and FF are voting the same person who seems to have produced a wagon out of nowhere seems pretty suspect to me.

Also, Nacy's post on this page seem to have Town tone and I know Nancy to be a pretty good Town player and they are voting for Flicker. I need to look into Stan1ey's progression and vote on Flicker more, but that is where I am at atm.

I feel like you didn't really read the thread at all and just skimmed. That's kind of scummy. Everyone knew/agreed that the wagon on FF was RVS.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:19 am

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 361, Quick wrote:
In post 356, nancy wrote:Quick, read game pls thx
Don't really want to. I usually don't even replace into games with 200+ posts, so you're lucky to have me as it is.
This is horrible.....
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:27 am

Post by IcemanCh »

Soo....... I feel like OKa is a bad or scum. Not sure which.

I also think Trinity is town. She's new and clunky but, I've played a few games with her and nothing seems scummy so far. I've seen her play scum and.... well you'd know.

I really want to vote quick and get quick lynched. To me only scum would come in and throw up their hands and say I'm not reading anything. Here's a vote count. Here's my reads. Don't worry those cause my reads are garbage because I didn't actually read anything. If town came in and refused to read the game they wouldn't then turn around and give reads.

I also think Oka is pushing mis-lynches. Trying to snag the easiest ones. Weird that he's not jumping on Quick as that seems the easiest to me at the moment.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:33 am

Post by IcemanCh »

I think I'm a bit lost at the moment. I've lost my town read on Nancy..... Please Nancy come back to town. I wanna believe. She seems to have just faded a bit and is just poking holes in everything. Not necessarily a bad thing but, doesn't seem like the way things started at first.

Trinity, Go take a look at some of FFs other games. His play this game seems exactly like his town play. I'll go looking for one of his scum games and compare though because I've only played with town!FF.

Quick, I'm not sure what to ask you..... Have your reads changed? Not sure if the answer is worth it.

Oka, I don't mean to restate this but, you really seem to be looking for the easiest lynches instead of looking for scum. I don't like it. Also, what do you think about quick?

FF, do you think that Oka is a better lynch then Quick and why?
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:49 am

Post by Micc »

Votecount 1.08
Flicker (3) -
nancy, Stan1ey, Quick
OkaPoka (2) -
Flicker, Formerfish
Formerfish (1) -
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ (1) -
OkaPoka

Not Voting (2) -
Eragon, IcemanCh

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2018-07-23 11:49:57).
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:55 am

Post by nancy »

Iceman lmao, I've made 135 posts, we're not even 1/4th of the way through the dayphase, I've said I'm waiting for 1-2 specific things to happen before I spew more reads, I feel good about where I'm at with the game and I'm trying to get a feel for the slots that I don't have much of a read on, I'm not sure what more you expect from me lmao

You should talk to me about your FF read in a way that isn't just meta, because meta sucks

Also your Trinity read. Please don't tell me that's also just meta or I think I might cry
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:02 am

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 408, nancy wrote:Iceman lmao, I've made 135 posts, we're not even 1/4th of the way through the dayphase, I've said I'm waiting for 1-2 specific things to happen before I spew more reads, I feel good about where I'm at with the game and I'm trying to get a feel for the slots that I don't have much of a read on, I'm not sure what more you expect from me lmao

You should talk to me about your FF read in a way that isn't just meta, because meta sucks

Also your Trinity read. Please don't tell me that's also just meta or I think I might cry

They are both meta. :(

Hold on I'll go through and read more.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:08 am

Post by nancy »

Rip.

Well any way at all that you're able to articulate the reads would be helpful I guess. Kinda feel like if I can get a handle on FF and Trinity then the game is pretty much solved, so I could use as much input as possible even if it's horrible evil meta stuff. And if you're able to talk about them in a way that isn't meta then even better. We can talk more later as well when I go over my own reads on them.

Am sleeping now, goodnight!
Flicker
Flicker
Goon
Flicker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:43 am

Post by Flicker »

Twelve pages... y'all are gonna make me work for this, huh. :dead:
In post 116, OkaPoka wrote:@flicker i mean sure draw conclusions before the q&a session with trinity is over
I gave you the benefit of the doubt with nancy's q&a session. I didn't feel like giving it to you here. I see it didn't lead anywhere, though.
In post 135, Eragon wrote:also, I hope you realize that Nancy's "reads" based off of RQS are either reaction's or light reads, not strong reads.
Did I say or imply that I thought they were strong reads? I'm pretty sure I didn't. This feels slightly condescending to me.
In post 189, nancy wrote:@Flicker would super super appreciate your thoughts on players other than OkaPoka right now.
Okay, here's what I have for now. If you want me to be more specific, feel free to ask and I will.

General town pile: nancy, IcemanCh, Formerfish, Eragon, TrinityNZ
Null/conflicted pile: stan1ey, Quick

Nancy:
Active, engaging everyone, generally good play and good IC work
IcemanCh:
Pointing out good info no one else is, "policy lynching the IC" is too big a gambit for scum generally
Formerfish:
Feels like he has similar reads as me, especially feel that is towny
Eragon:
Mostly based on and general attitude, if you will
TrinityNZ:
Mostly based on early weirdness (like two random votes) that feel like towny mistakes
stan1ey:
The vote for me feels like more of a reach/"sheep the IC" thing than genuine, but I can have a hard time separating how people read me from how I read them
Quick:
Hoo boy, him not reading the thread really grinds my gears, it doesn't help that he voted me based on silly VCA, otherwise I don't know how to read him

Also, I feel like Formerfish and Quick aren't scum together, based on .
In post 190, Eragon wrote:I know its weak but I like the fact that he is putting his opinion out there on someone(flicker) who seems like mis-lynch bait and/or noob town(sorry flicker) [...]
Don't worry about it; I know. :P
In post 200, nancy wrote:I don't think FF is mafia, he's hovering like a little above null for me right now, and maybe you're right and he's just town, but right now I just don't agree with your reasoning and I have some concerns with his play (which I'd sort of rather wait on talking about until he does more things).
Did you expand on this? I don't remember seeing it. If you didn't, could you?
In post 405, IcemanCh wrote:I also think Oka is pushing mis-lynches. Trying to snag the easiest ones. Weird that he's not jumping on Quick as that seems the easiest to me at the moment.
You want to join the wagon, then? There's plenty of room.

Spoiler: P.S. @nancy, not game relevant
P.S. Thanks for , nancy. :] (I'll save everything else I have to say about that for post-game, since FF wants to.)
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:24 am

Post by Formerfish »

I would like to apologize now though to you. I was talking to a friend about it and they gave me a different perspective I hadn't thought about before. I was trying not to misgender you and in doing so I accidentally did what I was trying not to. I wasn't trying to belittle your feelings and if it came across that way I apologize for that as well.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:42 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 406, IcemanCh wrote:I think I'm a bit lost at the moment. I've lost my town read on Nancy..... Please Nancy come back to town. I wanna believe. She seems to have just faded a bit and is just poking holes in everything. Not necessarily a bad thing but, doesn't seem like the way things started at first.

Trinity, Go take a look at some of FFs other games. His play this game seems exactly like his town play. I'll go looking for one of his scum games and compare though because I've only played with town!FF.

Quick, I'm not sure what to ask you..... Have your reads changed? Not sure if the answer is worth it.

Oka, I don't mean to restate this but, you really seem to be looking for the easiest lynches instead of looking for scum. I don't like it. Also, what do you think about quick?

b/c i figured others would burn quick at the stake and i don't really see how what quick is doing is alignment indicative, im a pretty lazy player until things get heated.

i mean yeah quick is playing anti town but i have yet to see hard scum motivation

quick should def do some isos at the very least
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:02 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 399, TrinityNZ wrote:
In post 384, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 375, Quick wrote:
In post 367, OkaPoka wrote:yeah this is def a stunt i'd pulled only to be forced to reread the game later
question is will quick actually reread the game

@quick how much do you stick to your morals
Not very well, unfortunately, because I have zero self-disipline.
well does that mean you will go back on your word saying you wont catch up if you become a viable lynch?
In post 376, nancy wrote:
In post 372, OkaPoka wrote:uh trinity's recent post don't seem to disprove my theory tho
Lmao this is certainly a wording

trinity's recent postings do not seem to disprove my theory that trinity is not being proactive and trying to actively engage with others*
Nancy, in this posts oka said I’m not being proactive and I’m not trying to engage with others. I don’t think this is true.
you think you are being real proactive in engaging with others?
alright i guess ill do a bigish post
answering nancy's rqs questions
making a jokey comment
rvs vote
another rvs vote that put ff at l2 which will be clarified later
trinity responds to nancy about rvs stuff
"I liked it"
more rvs things
maybe proactive? just seems to be a side comment
clarifying 67 - prompted by nancy
prompted by nancy
want clarification from nancy on reads
explaining why she has no scumreads, promises to do more investigating later
thanking nancy for explaining
clarifying when prompted by nancy
answering my questions
explaining why she doesn't believe l-2 to be a big deal
catching up post
i made a post! trinity says im scummy for thinking she is scummy and im looking for excuses to vote her but i mean yeah that's mafia, asks why ff would hate me for voting me, i clarify later, i guess it's proactive? but she is also just engaging a person who is voting her so it's more reactive.
double post
time zones
reads, does something semi-proactive which is making her rvs vote her permanent your sus vote. decent post i like it
fluff
fluff
fluff
answering questions
showing solidarity for someone who might vote ff
"proactive" question after i claim that she hasn't been proactive
clarifying her question
meh
clarifying her position when prompted by nancy

has very few moments of proactive town moments, most of her posts are either fluff or reacting to other questions which is i guess is kinda normal. but the only real proactive/unique thing she has done is mark Formerfish as possible scum, but she has yet to really follow up on that and engage with formerfish. maybe if she builds a more solid case against ff and responds to some of the points ff makes in response to nancy's case and takes a more active stance in challenging FF ill move off this but for now I see this as scum who is sitting back and not wanting to heavily engage with people so the spotlight isn't on her.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:08 am

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 414, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 399, TrinityNZ wrote:
In post 384, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 375, Quick wrote:
In post 367, OkaPoka wrote:yeah this is def a stunt i'd pulled only to be forced to reread the game later
question is will quick actually reread the game

@quick how much do you stick to your morals
Not very well, unfortunately, because I have zero self-disipline.
well does that mean you will go back on your word saying you wont catch up if you become a viable lynch?
In post 376, nancy wrote:
In post 372, OkaPoka wrote:uh trinity's recent post don't seem to disprove my theory tho
Lmao this is certainly a wording

trinity's recent postings do not seem to disprove my theory that trinity is not being proactive and trying to actively engage with others*
Nancy, in this posts oka said I’m not being proactive and I’m not trying to engage with others. I don’t think this is true.
you think you are being real proactive in engaging with others?
alright i guess ill do a bigish post
answering nancy's rqs questions
making a jokey comment
rvs vote
another rvs vote that put ff at l2 which will be clarified later
trinity responds to nancy about rvs stuff
"I liked it"
more rvs things
maybe proactive? just seems to be a side comment
prompted by nancy
want clarification from nancy on reads
explaining why she has no scumreads, promises to do more investigating later
thanking nancy for explaining
clarifying when prompted by nancy
answering my questions
explaining why she doesn't believe l-2 to be a big deal
catching up post
i made a post! trinity says im scummy for thinking she is scummy and im looking for excuses to vote her but i mean yeah that's mafia, asks why ff would hate me for voting me, i clarify later, i guess it's proactive? but she is also just engaging a person who is voting her so it's more reactive.
double post
time zones
reads, does something semi-proactive which is making her rvs vote her permanent your sus vote. decent post i like it
fluff
fluff
fluff
answering questions
showing solidarity for someone who might vote ff
"proactive" question after i claim that she hasn't been proactive
clarifying her question
meh

has very few moments of proactive town moments, most of her posts are either fluff or reacting to other questions which is i guess is kinda normal. but the only real proactive/unique thing she has done is mark Formerfish as possible scum, but she has yet to really follow up on that and engage with formerfish. maybe if she builds a more solid case against ff and responds to some of the points ff makes in response to nancy's case and takes a more active stance in challenging FF ill move off this but for now I see this as scum who is sitting back and not wanting to heavily engage with people so the spotlight isn't on her.
Wow! Nice work. For me, that is being proactive and engaging with the game. You can throw heat on me if you want, I’m sure the real scum are loving it that the pressure is on someone else.

I’m waiting for FF to reply to me about his game playing being less aggressive than normal.

I like some of Iceman’s recent comments about Oka’s motivation. And love the ‘Nancy please come back to town’ comment.

I think you’re being a bit hard on quick though. It’s not easy coming into a game part-way through. I’ve done it on another game. He looked to me like he was trying at least.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:10 am

Post by OkaPoka »

me? hard on quick?

huh?
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:15 am

Post by TrinityNZ »

No not you, IcemanCh.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:19 am

Post by Quick »

In post 405, IcemanCh wrote:Soo....... I feel like OKa is a bad or scum. Not sure which.

I also think Trinity is town. She's new and clunky but, I've played a few games with her and nothing seems scummy so far. I've seen her play scum and.... well you'd know.

I really want to vote quick and get quick lynched. To me only scum would come in and throw up their hands and say I'm not reading anything. Here's a vote count. Here's my reads. Don't worry those cause my reads are garbage because I didn't actually read anything. If town came in and refused to read the game they wouldn't then turn around and give reads.

I also think Oka is pushing mis-lynches. Trying to snag the easiest ones. Weird that he's not jumping on Quick as that seems the easiest to me at the moment.
SRing me because I am not caught up is a horrible reason to SR someone. Like, seriously?
In post 406, IcemanCh wrote:I think I'm a bit lost at the moment. I've lost my town read on Nancy..... Please Nancy come back to town. I wanna believe. She seems to have just faded a bit and is just poking holes in everything. Not necessarily a bad thing but, doesn't seem like the way things started at first.

I am still developing reads. I probably will not get fully caught up and you saying that is Scummy is odd to me.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:26 am

Post by Quick »

I sorta feel like Trinity is oblivious Town atm.

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:47 am

Post by Quick »

@nancy,

you asked me what tone reads were or something like that. I gave an example and you said that was NAI. In between where you answered I brought something else up where you used lmao again but I didn't TR you for it because it seemed to be something you do regularly. What do you make of that?

IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:40 am

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 418, Quick wrote:
In post 405, IcemanCh wrote:Soo....... I feel like OKa is a bad or scum. Not sure which.

SRing me because I am not caught up is a horrible reason to SR someone. Like, seriously?

I am still developing reads. I probably will not get fully caught up and you saying that is Scummy is odd to me.
I'm SR you because you refuse to get caught up. That triggers me as a scum thing to do. Even if you are being obvious in announcing that you won't be catching up.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:43 am

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 410, nancy wrote:Rip.

Well any way at all that you're able to articulate the reads would be helpful I guess. Kinda feel like if I can get a handle on FF and Trinity then the game is pretty much solved, so I could use as much input as possible even if it's horrible evil meta stuff. And if you're able to talk about them in a way that isn't meta then even better. We can talk more later as well when I go over my own reads on them.

Am sleeping now, goodnight!

So if I look at just this game and ignore meta then.... I have to be honest in that I would struggle to place Trinity as town. I would put a scum lean on her either though. In isolation to this game she reads mostly neutral to me.

For FF looking at just this game I would say he's a town lean. Actively engaging, pushing people until he's satisfied, and giving clear reasoning behind his reads. This to me is town.

Adding in meta for both trinity and FF just gives them a bump into more towniness.

Is meta really that wrong to look at?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:52 am

Post by OkaPoka »

people who haven't placed their votes down yet, why?
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:59 am

Post by Quick »

In post 421, IcemanCh wrote:
In post 418, Quick wrote:

I'm SR you because you refuse to get caught up. That triggers me as a scum thing to do. Even if you are being obvious in announcing that you won't be catching up.
Why is that Scummy? It's not, you've just never come across anyone who doesn't catch up as Town. In fact, it sounds like this whole read is based on the theory of what YOU would do as Town Scum instead of actually looking at why I have taken this course of action. Theory reads don't get you that far actually, and I've known Scum to use them more than Town, so...

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”