mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:45 am

Post by mastina »

Votecount
EeveeLution Army - 3 (Dunnstral, Hiraki, MafMen)

LuckyOtter - 2 (Umlaut, Wisdom)
MathBlade - 1 (TrinityNZ)
Pine - 1 (EeveeLution Army)
Hiraki - 1 (Pine)
TrinityNZ - 1 (MathBlade)

Not Voting - 2 (ArcAngel9, LuckyOtter)

6 to lynch.
EeveeLution Army
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:53 pm

Post by EeveeLution Army »

Ty mastina
Show
-Lord Giratina-

-Queen Togekiss-
EeveeLution Army

--Eevee General--
--Jolteon Lieutenant--
--Flareon Private--
--Vaporeon Captain--
--Leafeon Corporal--
--Glaceon Major--
--Espeon Colonel--
--Umbreon Officer--
--Sylveon Sergeant--
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:28 pm

Post by Wisdom »

ill join any of these wagons bar eevee and trinity
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:48 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 912, Hiraki wrote:0% on Lucky. I see exactly what you see in him. It's not scum though. I'd be willing to do a Pine lynch as a nice jesture though I really don't think that has a significant chance of flipping scum. Just a nice chance.
What does this mean? If you don't see scum in Lucky, you don't see in him what I see in him. Explain how town!Otter plays the way you agree with me that he's played.

I don't want a nice gesture from you, I want to lynch some scum. I don't really think that's Eevee. I'd deadline-wagon him over a proper townread but I don't see any scum motivation in his play.
In post 912, Hiraki wrote:I also think 903 is a little misleading. More than half of the people on there are rejecting the claim yet he's been lynched. That's not very truthful on a face value without looking into it.
I think
you're
confused on this... more than half the people
rejected
Fuzzy's cop claim, meaning they said Fuzzy wasn't really a cop, meaning they still wanted to lynch him, so he got lynched. Makes sense to me.

Anyway, at least you're actually engaging my case instead of skimming over it and saying "gee Umlaut sure is town for writing so many words."
*cough*Trinity*cough*
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:52 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 927, Wisdom wrote:ill join any of these wagons bar eevee and trinity
Join the math wagon!
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:02 pm

Post by Wisdom »

im spiritually still on it
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:04 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 930, Wisdom wrote:im spiritually still on it
Why only spiritually? Why don’t you want to vote him?
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:29 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 928, Umlaut wrote:I think you're confused on this... more than half the people rejected Fuzzy's cop claim, meaning they said Fuzzy wasn't really a cop, meaning they still wanted to lynch him, so he got lynched. Makes sense to me.
Yeah, you're right. My bad.
In post 928, Umlaut wrote:What does this mean? If you don't see scum in Lucky, you don't see in him what I see in him. Explain how town!Otter plays the way you agree with me that he's played.
By just playing this way? I just think most of your conclusions say he's scum without actually getting there. Here's an example:
In post 907, Umlaut wrote:He was already calling himself natural lynchbait before (293) and continued to call himself natural lynchbait after (394, 401):
This doesn't mean anything and you eventually get to:
In post 907, Umlaut wrote:So the entire basis for a contradiction hinges on whether this is a reasonable interpretation of "playing as lynchbait." If so, Fuzzy's explanation is sound; if not, it's scum backpedaling.
Alrighty, that's a stretch.

We're at the point where saying "I play like lynchbait" means "I play like lynchbait (please excuse my scummy play)" but you never really hit where the scummy play part is.

The only thing convincing here is:
In post 908, Umlaut wrote:LuckyOtter called for an immediate hammer before anyone else could talk anything through.
Which I then dug into because this without quotes is very misleading.

I don't see any quotes that say that. Here is the only post I can find that even references that:
In post 603, LuckyOtter wrote:Koki, you ready to hammer or waiting for something?
Which isn't a bad post considering Koki's last two posts are:
In post 598, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 594, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:
vote Fuzzy

im the town cop but whatever, town is bound and determine to lynch me....at this point i kinda dont care
Why would you vote yourself as cop? What the hell, that's gamethrow.
In post 599, Kokichi Oma wrote:Yeah the actions dont lineup. No way he self votes as cop. That literally makes no sense.
If he didn't believe the cop claim, why would he care what others thought about it?

Like I said, I get where you're coming from but I don't see the links that correlate it toward being scum.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:10 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 932, Hiraki wrote:
In post 907, Umlaut wrote:He was already calling himself natural lynchbait before (293) and continued to call himself natural lynchbait after (394, 401):
This doesn't mean anything and you eventually get to:
In post 907, Umlaut wrote:So the entire basis for a contradiction hinges on whether this is a reasonable interpretation of "playing as lynchbait." If so, Fuzzy's explanation is sound; if not, it's scum backpedaling.
Alrighty, that's a stretch.

We're at the point where saying "I play like lynchbait" means "I play like lynchbait (please excuse my scummy play)" but you never really hit where the scummy play part is.
I'm trying to understand your reply and getting disoriented. I'm not trying to point at any scummy play of Fuzzy's because... I'm not trying to convince you that the flipped town cop is scum? My case is on LuckyOtter who is actually a different player from Fuzzy. I'm not trying to say that Otter is lynchbait, or that he claimed to be.

The point of that section is that
Otter's
hard scumread of Fuzzy was based on an insistence that Fuzzy's statement could only mean "I'm deliberately acting scummy." Which means Otter should not be able to readily come up with an innocent alternate interpretation that completely eluded him as possible on d1 even as Fuzzy was offering it to him.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:57 am

Post by Hiraki »

You're right - I misread. But then I read more and more of the situation and found myself agreeing with my previous sentiments (which is probably why I just misread the quote and kind of tagged along with it because most of my post makes sense without that quote either way)

The reason why you're currently voting Otter is because you do not think he gave a lot of time for people to interact with the claim. This is not really coherent with someone who didn't believe the claim and didn't really buy his play. I know that's how Fuzzy plays but I'm not gonna play stupid here and say that he was a clear townie. My reads always carry a bit of meta, luck, and whole understanding of the player. Otter's doesn't. That doesn't make him scum, especially in that "whole understanding" context (there might be a better word for this but I'm not very grounded on the word meta for it - I think the two are distinctly different) but does (and did!) make him wrong.

The ironic thing here is that I've always been very vigilant on how Eevee and Otter are playing almost identical games here - different opinions, sure, but not very different in style and overall thought process (or at least how the thought comes about). The problem is the execution which is something I've been trying to nail down on getting people to look at but I think I've been very unsuccessful every time. Otter uses his head, forms an opinion, and sticks with it. Eevee asks a question, throws the question away and brings up other garbage on why he's voting. It's not consistent, it's not at all townie, and there's no reason why these excuses have gotten this far tbh.
EeveeLution Army
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:01 pm

Post by EeveeLution Army »

So you are saying pine is not scummy at all to you?
Show
-Lord Giratina-

-Queen Togekiss-
EeveeLution Army

--Eevee General--
--Jolteon Lieutenant--
--Flareon Private--
--Vaporeon Captain--
--Leafeon Corporal--
--Glaceon Major--
--Espeon Colonel--
--Umbreon Officer--
--Sylveon Sergeant--
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by Pine »

Mathwagon is a bad wagon

Eeveewagon is a bad wagon

Otter wagon is a bad wagon

Hiraki is a good lynch. Dunn is a good lynch. Will support either.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:26 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 864, Hiraki wrote:
In post 848, Pine wrote:Yeeeeah, no. I may be lowkey here, but I'm not so careless as to just plain make shit up.
LITERALLY the exact problem that I just complained about. In one post, Pine says:

1) He has a read on me that he has not gone into but is scummy.
2) That read is really obvious but he hasn't gone into it because...?
3) Practically ignores all posting.

this is annoying. Regardless of alignment, this is annoying. I would, and definitely have, made this same statement as scum.

No one wants to pick your brain, no one thinks you're a god among men for doing this. It is just downright annoying.

I'm mobile posting so I'm gonna address Umlaut here without quotes.

1. They honestly haven't because I don't think this game matured past Day 1. The deadline vote was on someone that I don't think gave a lot of reads and was dumb anyway. I don't think Angel is worth trying to argue right now because I don't think anyone wants to touch that. All of that being said, there are multiple shady relationships that randomly appear throughout the game. Eevee and Wisdom are two of them. I can go more into this using a keyboard.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:25 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Wisdom, what about Pinewagon?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:07 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 936, Pine wrote:Mathwagon is a bad wagon

Eeveewagon is a bad wagon

Otter wagon is a bad wagon

Hiraki is a good lynch. Dunn is a good lynch. Will support either.
Any reasons?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:14 pm

Post by Pine »

Yeah. The first three are Town, the latter two are not. Keep up.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:32 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 938, Umlaut wrote:Wisdom, what about Pinewagon?
In post 925, mastina wrote:
Votecount
EeveeLution Army - 3 (Dunnstral, Hiraki, MafMen)

LuckyOtter - 2 (Umlaut, Wisdom)
MathBlade - 1 (TrinityNZ)
Pine - 1 (EeveeLution Army)
Hiraki - 1 (Pine)
TrinityNZ - 1 (MathBlade)

Not Voting - 2 (ArcAngel9, LuckyOtter)

6 to lynch.
In post 927, Wisdom wrote:ill join any of these wagons bar eevee and trinity
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by Umlaut »

VOTE: Pine

You, me, Eevee, Hiraki. That's L-2.

I feel good about this. Not as good as I would about flipping Otter, but good.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:44 pm

Post by Wisdom »

VOTE: pine
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 940, Pine wrote:Yeah. The first three are Town, the latter two are not. Keep up.
I could vote Pine too, is now a good time?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by MathBlade »

My stomach is scum claiming.

Pine wagon is bad.

I have said the group of people I will vote. I don’t vote a 5th or 6th level read in a plurality game.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:40 pm

Post by Hiraki »

I hate this but Pine is literally refusing to play so I give up here. This game needs something to get it to move and this might as well be something.

Vote: Pine
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:33 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 944, TrinityNZ wrote:I could vote Pine too, is now a good time?
I don't like how you're asking permission to vote.

Never mind "I could vote him," what do you actually think of Pine?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:04 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 947, Umlaut wrote:
In post 944, TrinityNZ wrote:I could vote Pine too, is now a good time?
I don't like how you're asking permission to vote.

Never mind "I could vote him," what do you actually think of Pine?
I do think he’s scummy, with Math. I’ve been criticised for voting at the wrong times in other games, so just want to check I’m not doing anything wrong. I’m not sure if voting him will make him L-1 and if it’s the wrong time to do that and then I’ll get a hard time. I’m still a newbie at this :)
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:42 am

Post by Umlaut »

Ugh. I really do want to give you newbie-slack for this even though explicitly appealing to “I’m still a newbie” really pings me, because I remember that as a newbie I was excessively worried about looking bad even as town. Also I’m absolutely certain that as a newbie I would have had MathBlade as lock-scum too, so that’s a really natural read for you to have right now.

I wish you had more meta to dive. Looks like only one finished game, and in that you were scum (and got totally wrecked by PoE, kudos for sticking around after that) so I don’t have a town game to compare this to.

Anyway, I’ve been townreading your slot based on SirCakez and to some extent Magna, and while that read isn’t inviolable I don’t think this is enough to shake it much, especially conside

But if you’re town you really need to step up the contributions. You’ve been in the game for over a week, and all you’ve done is toss out some unexplained reads and ask a handful of questions that feel more like “please explain what’s going on” than like you’re trying to investigate anyone. You have at least one strong scumread, on MathBlade, and right now everyone else seems to be moving away from that, so if you stand by that read you should be trying to sell it to us. I understand that replace-in can be disorienting and that you may not have a lot of self-confidence, but you are letting the perfect be the enemy of the good here. Tell us what’s on your mind.

To answer your actual question, I wouldn’t be offended by an L−1 but I will regard it as a scumclaim if anyone hammers before Arc-replacement shows up.

I’m unnerved that Pine is completely ignoring this case and wagon on him. I’m also unnerved that none of the people voting him with me seem to actually care about said case. Eevee has his own independent reasoning for scum!Pine, Wisdom just wants to be on the biggest wagon he doesn't townread, Hiraki is voting him mostly for failure to contribute and outright says he’d rather be elsewhere, and Trinity says he’s scummy but hasn’t so much as interacted with him or pointed to anything he’s written that she scumreads.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”