OPEN 732 : PICK YOUR POWER X/Y (GAME OVER)

BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:02 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Sky - maybe maybe not
Ruru - possible but quite impressive if scum. She's actually participating effectively. Actually the most impressive is how nobody wanted to PL her. These people are very good friends to the point that it's affecting their game. I'm basing this on the fact they were against the PL before ruru started posting actual content. You can't townread anyone based on random stuff, song lyrics, and a pgo claim. I don't care who you are you just can't.

Ofrhz - ehh, hard to read. Seems townie. Comfortable enough to be herself.

Skitter - if she can play scum like this kudos to her.

Overall not the best scum pool especially if you mean all 3 are in here.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:04 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 400, BuJaber wrote:Sky - maybe maybe not
Ruru - possible but quite impressive if scum. She's actually participating effectively. Actually the most impressive is how nobody wanted to PL her. These people are very good friends to the point that it's affecting their game. I'm basing this on the fact they were against the PL before ruru started posting actual content. You can't townread anyone based on random stuff, song lyrics, and a pgo claim. I don't care who you are you just can't.

Ofrhz - ehh, hard to read. Seems townie. Comfortable enough to be herself.

Skitter - if she can play scum like this kudos to her.

Overall not the best scum pool especially if you mean all 3 are in here.
Sorry duckie duck. You can hijack my post for your VC.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:04 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

the circumstances of the quick wagon lead me to believe it was foul play, though im really banking on enigma flipping town here

someone in there has to be scum, no way a weak ass wagon grows that quickly with naked votes and weak cases that early on purely from town
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:05 pm

Post by BuJaber »

So 1 scum in {...}

It's a very different statement to scum are in {...}
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:05 pm

Post by Skygazer »

@Oka: Enigma has no guns to stick to. He hasn't listed any solid reasoning against BuJaber or even discussed other's points against BuJaber. He's gone out of his way to paint his vote as "semi-rvs." There's nothing for him to double down on.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:06 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

1 or 2 imo

it's a start but i think poe can solve the rest

@skygazer the doubling down is his continued insistence on leaving his vote on bujaber
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:08 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Yes but it makes no sense. He hasn't even addressed BuJaber since his first vote.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:09 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

it doesn't make since but often times doubling down doesn't make logical sense im just trying to figure out who is the scum here
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:12 pm

Post by ruru »

In post 389, BuJaber wrote:@ruru - in the link you posted they talked about "hypo-cop'ing" but not "hypo-inno". Could you explain what it means?
So hypo-copping would be the act of providing a hypothetical innocent peek (the hypo-inno)

If you try to lynch the person you have a hypo-inno on, start interrogating them, or otherwise act like you're not a cop with an innocent, then scum know you're not cop
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:13 pm

Post by ruru »

In post 392, OkaPoka wrote:enigma is town because how the wagon formed is scummy as hell
What makes you think it's not svs?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:15 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 409, ruru wrote:
In post 392, OkaPoka wrote:enigma is town because how the wagon formed is scummy as hell
What makes you think it's not svs?
i didnt actually consider this

huh brb
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:17 pm

Post by BuJaber »

Like if it is a scum-manufactured wagon then they definitely got a few townies to vote there too. They aren't going to all vote there hoping it gets hammered.

Pedit - to be fair it's a pretty useless thing to double down on.
You double down on something as town because you think you're right and you think it's worth doubling down on.
He's doubling down on a vote because he doesn't want to vote Oka and his vote "is not doing anything bad".
Also RVS wagons absolutely matter. Don't know why he thinks they don't.

Pedit 2- oh .. lol should have inferred that. Thanks for explaining. I get the advise as it related to cop claim(s). But not sure if it actually applies to any other claim. Like a cc of another claim is likely something we would need to act upon. We can discuss if it comes up as then we would have actual context.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:09 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

scum vs scum is a possibility but unlikely

it was unlikely enigma would be lynched at that time with bujaber and my lynch stock rising so i dont see why scum would redirect
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:12 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

honestly orfhz might be the scum on the wagon
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:17 pm

Post by BuJaber »

When y'all are saying SvS you mean scum is on the enigma wagon and enigma is scum?

Or is there a specific 1v1 I missed?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:18 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

svs is engima scum and enigma wagon is also scum
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:37 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 415, OkaPoka wrote:svs is engima scum and enigma wagon is also scum
What changed between 392 and now?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:38 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 416, Sando wrote:
In post 415, OkaPoka wrote:svs is engima scum and enigma wagon is also scum
What changed between 392 and now?
huh?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:49 pm

Post by Sando »

392 = Enigman is town because the wagon is scummy AF
410, 412 and 415 you're saying that you hadn't considered that scum could be on a wagon on scum...

No new information has been revealed, and it's not like bussing is a particularly new concept.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:51 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

my 412 should answer your question, no?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:29 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 419, OkaPoka wrote:my 412 should answer your question, no?
At a minimum you went from a very definitive with no room for movement to a "maybe" based on no new information.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:33 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Ruru asked me to consider a possibility so I did?
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:36 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 418, Sando wrote:and it's not like bussing is a particularly new concept.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:36 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 250, brassherald wrote:
In post 249, OkaPoka wrote:pretty sure ausuka is in this game more than invis is, brass.
Invisibility is in this game?

VOTE: Invisibility

I'd rather have the pressure vote on someone I forgot was in the game than Ausuka who I at least remembered.
i mean, a pressure vote is kinda useless if you announce that it's a pressure vote.

what do you think about his reaction?

--
In post 261, Ausuka wrote:not scumreading invis, definitely not for the oka vote; feel like the unapologetic nature of the vote instead of making up some justification is town-indicative.

i like the wagon situation w/ enigma and oka.
really? i kinda got the vibe that he couldn't be bothered to make up a reason and that he hopped on cuz other people are doing it.

--
In post 263, Skygazer wrote:Ehhh Ausuka needs to post more but I'm not seeing her vote in that bad of a light tbh, it comes directly after which was super scummy

pedit oh there you are
i wasn't calling it a bad vote so much as noting that i liked the other votes better and that i didn't remember why she voted offhand; i didn't really have an opinion on it either way but liked the other ones

--
In post 265, Ausuka wrote:this seems town.
why? i don't like that they apologize for being absent, promise more content, and fail to deliver; feels kinda active-lurk-y to me tbh

also i don't like the cj read; i feel like he's trying to tone down the strength of the read or like give himself a reason to scumread him later

--
In post 281, BuJaber wrote:@Skitter - the above posts give me the impression he's debating whether or not we should pl.
And I'm getting suspicious of it because generally I see that people are either for or against pl's as a concept. If you start talking meta and analyzing posts and all that then it ceases to be a PL... then it's just a regular TR or SR.
oh, i figured he'd come to a conclusion that he wanted a pl (or at least, was trying to gauge if people were susceptible to that idea) with
In post 226, Enigma wrote:TLDR: PL ruru doesn't seem like a bad idea.
and i don't really like that because i feel like he's trying to cast her actions as scummy (or at least, ill-considered). like i feel like he's looking to shade her and call her behavior anti-town at-best and using that as a reason to pl her.
In post 281, BuJaber wrote: @ruru - individually I SR sando for
In post 50, Sando wrote:I'm off to bed, but yeah your reads on what I would/wouldn't do as scum are spot on, so I'll read through the rest of your stuff there in the morning, seems worthwhile.
Feels like a way to make brass stop looking into him too closely.

But I also have a gut meta scumread on brass. But since this would be weak af way to distance I don't think they can both be scum. Also because my reasoning for sando sr doesn't work if brass is scum.
i think that post was just saying he wanted to go to bed; i don't think that's AI. in fact, i feel like if he was trying to avoid brass he could have just like ... not commented on his read of him, or not acknowledge that brass was right. also, he followed up on brass's post in his next one; it's not like he didn't acknowledge it or talk about it or anything. also brass was saying he felt like sando *wouldn't* have doubled up as scum (and sando *did* double up in the draft here) so i'm not sure what you think sando doesn't want him looking at exactly

i don't really think this is a good reason to scumread him and i feel like the reasoning is kinda weak and ignores context

--
In post 288, brassherald wrote:
In post 287, OkaPoka wrote:id hope that people would talk more when they are mentioned

also i don't see how this has anything to do with scumhunting
I'm scumhunting, I'm just not confident enough in any of my reads to make cases.

Plus, I find its very hard to form a read on someone if they are not participating in the game.

That's just me, though, I might be crazy to want to base my reads on like content.
if enigma is scum with brass, vizzy and ausuka aren't btw

--
In post 306, ruru wrote:I don't think that's AI for invis and like my actual reason for putting invis in my lynchpool is at least 50% tone lol
i don't really know his playstyle and i don't really do the tone thing - what i don't like is that i felt like he was bandwagoning onto oka's wagon

@ap - what do you think of vizzy's oka vote?

--
In post 320, ceejayvinoya wrote:Idk what to do with invis. I'll just call him null. Oh well. Back here I guess

VOTE: Enigma

Pedit naa naa naaa i dont hear youuu
townpings from this

--
In post 324, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 323, BuJaber wrote: Skitter seems like solid town. She's working really hard for town cred if she's scum and I think the way she approaches the game is difficult to fake.
Fixed it for you
tyty

--
In post 328, Ausuka wrote:
In post 323, BuJaber wrote:Vulcan and ausuka aren't contributing much,
they don't seem to want to make waves so to speak.
They could be scum.
why do you feel this way?
noting for when i inevitably re-read my iso at some point

--
In post 329, BuJaber wrote:
In post 325, ceejayvinoya wrote:Why is sando on your scum pool tho
If brass is town he's scum. I felt that he agreed with his meta analysis so that he wouldn't analyze him further.
If brass is scum I think Sando is town though. Kind of too obvious buddying there.
And sando picked a low number (4).
I think scum don't want to lose their shot at getting a PR and they would have tried (at least one of them would have) to pick one of the low numbers.
i don't really agree with your brass-sando thing as explained above

also i think everyone wants a pr so i don't think picking a low number is inherently ai - like yes there's prob scum in the low numbers but like i don't think that's a reason to scumread someone in particular; i can easily apply that reasoning to {ausuka, brass, you, enigma, cj, sando, ofrhz}, which is literally half the game. i wouldn't really use that as a reaosn to scumread anyone in that group

--

Spoiler:
In post 341, Enigma wrote: Don't need to take my vote off, it's not doing anything bad where it is right now, don't like the Oka wagon,
and spending more effort defending myself than scumhunting.
In post 342, Enigma wrote:
In post 339, Enigma wrote:
In post 337, ruru wrote:Oh yeah and I'm also skeptical of people already trying to counterwagon enigma when I'm like still questioning him and he's close to getting prodded
Soz real life, it was one day ... and if I were to flip (town) what would you say about the counter wagon then?
Also, its 14 game days. I disappear for one night (which I will do whenever I want to), IMO it's perfectly fine and even beneficial for people to keep playing the game and not just tunnelling and waiting for my availability.
In post 347, Enigma wrote:
In post 345, ruru wrote:I feel like the "semi-RVS" vote is kind of a scumtell

and like simultaneously defending it as rational but also writing it off as not scum-indicative because it was RVS
As you wish, not sure any further explanation will convince a few people on the wagon otherwise.

There is rationality behind it as I explained, and it's not a scum indicative. It's the first post, and I'm also not sure what scum would achieve by jumping on the wagon .... were we going to quick lynch??

meh reaction to the wagon

ok i'll bite - why are you linking game-theory wrt your rvs vote?
--
In post 354, ruru wrote:If L1 is a possibility maybe we should talk about claims since they're weird in this setup

I'm currently thinking:
- Don't cc fakeclaims in general, I think there are a lot of cases where we decide to lynch a claim regardless of whether it's true or not
- When claiming vt, only say what you tried to pick if it actually benefits town

Thoughts?
i feel like both of these things are too context-dependant to be able to make a general rule

like if you're a vig and someone fake-claims that you just shoot them. if you're a cop outing might be a bad idea. if you're like a neighborizer and you know that they're lying claiming might be a good idea in that instance

hypo-innos are a good idea

idk about claiming rb'd - if there's a scum rb and they know they didn't rb you they now know you aren't the cop, and if they did rb and you post a hypoinno they also know you aren't a cop. i think it makes things even more confusing than they have to be.

but then i suppose if someone was actually the cop and posted a hypo-inno but were actually rb'd they'll give people a false-clear when/if they flip. and if you are actually that role and you announce that were rb'd you're kinda telling scum that you're yes in fact a rb'able role if the rb is scum

basically not sure, need to think about the rb'ing thing a bit more

--

ok this is getting long and sleep is nice, i'll pick up here tomorrow
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:37 pm

Post by the worst »

quack