Newbie 1881 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:42 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 514, Quick wrote:
In post 188, Formerfish wrote:
In post 152, OkaPoka wrote:VOTE: iceman

ill leave it here because i have no idea what you would want to policy lynch an IC and simultaneously compliment them
I don't like this vote from you Oka. Iceman is a newbie and he is going to have some newbie ideas. I remember the days of my first few games and I thought that I was going to change the world. I was going to make people play the game the way I thought it should be best played. I was going to lynch people to make them active and to make them change their evil ways by leading lynches on them no matter what. The idea that an IC shouldnt last very long in the game isn't without merit. Think about it. If IC is town they are the best player for town because of experience, scum will want to kill them to try and deny town their best player. If IC is scum they are never going to be killed if everyone just town reads the IC because they are teaching the game.

Most of the time getting to lynch an IC before endgame doesn't happen because scum kills them early, but when you think about it an IC playing late into the game is something to be suspect about. I don't think that there are many scum teams out there playing the long con with the IC and getting away with it, ya know?
Let's be honest here.. Probably both yourself and I have more experience than nancy.
Ok, and is scum are newbies they still have a higher chance, imo, to kill the IC early because they are going to be perceived as their biggest threat.

And are you an Alt to someone I am unaware of?
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:44 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 522, Formerfish wrote:
In post 488, nancy wrote:
Vote: Quick

I don't believe that your read on Iceman is real. You're saying that you disagree with him or he is bad therefore he is mafia, which is nonsense. Your entire case on him feels like shade and I don't like it one bit. Please catch up and provide thoughts on the game.
Are you getting a scum caught for reasons they dont believe they should have been caught kinda vibe coming off of Quick right now?
Uh-huh. It looks like you like that argument.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:45 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 525, Formerfish wrote:
In post 514, Quick wrote:
In post 188, Formerfish wrote:
In post 152, OkaPoka wrote:VOTE: iceman

ill leave it here because i have no idea what you would want to policy lynch an IC and simultaneously compliment them
I don't like this vote from you Oka. Iceman is a newbie and he is going to have some newbie ideas. I remember the days of my first few games and I thought that I was going to change the world. I was going to make people play the game the way I thought it should be best played. I was going to lynch people to make them active and to make them change their evil ways by leading lynches on them no matter what. The idea that an IC shouldnt last very long in the game isn't without merit. Think about it. If IC is town they are the best player for town because of experience, scum will want to kill them to try and deny town their best player. If IC is scum they are never going to be killed if everyone just town reads the IC because they are teaching the game.

Most of the time getting to lynch an IC before endgame doesn't happen because scum kills them early, but when you think about it an IC playing late into the game is something to be suspect about. I don't think that there are many scum teams out there playing the long con with the IC and getting away with it, ya know?
Let's be honest here.. Probably both yourself and I have more experience than nancy.
Ok, and is scum are newbies they still have a higher chance, imo, to kill the IC early because they are going to be perceived as their biggest threat.

And are you an Alt to someone I am unaware of?
I have one alt: LQ.

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:45 pm

Post by Quick »

Well, technically LQ is my main and Quick is my alt, but whatever.

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:47 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 523, Formerfish wrote:
In post 506, Quick wrote:
In post 504, OkaPoka wrote:@quick could you link me some games in which you replaced in and didn't go back and read?
No.
No because you dont want to link us to those games?

Or no because those games dont exist?
No, I don't think I have done it before. I was trying to take a break from Mafia, but I couldn't help myself.

Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:50 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 515, Quick wrote:
In post 210, nancy wrote:
In post 193, OkaPoka wrote:it feels like it was phrased in a way that allows iceman to build upon it later to attack nancy w/o really needing to build a legitimate in game case on her

like instead of saying something about nancy feels off, feels like she is controlling town he goes with the proposition that cannot really be argued against
I don't think you're insane for thinking this.

But like, lmao, it doesn't feel very intuitive for mafia to come in the way he did and talk in detail about his idea that we should lynch the IC in lylo. He has to know that will look bad and if he's mafia he has to already be feeling like he wants me very dead with the way my thread presence is, so it's like, not a thing that he's ever actually going to cash in on and he would know that. I also kind of feel like it would take a bit more of an experienced player to try to use that as a way to break down trust, and kinda think he'd be intimidated by me given how he's a newb and newbscum generally suck up to the IC.
This kinda bugs me. IDK why people keep saying Ice is a newb when he's not.
How is not a newbie? He has finished 3 newbie games, is in his 4th and is playing in his first non-newbie game concurrently.

If he isn't a newbie then he is like a half step above being one. Not sure why you feel the need to try and bolster your SRs position there, maybe you think it gives your case on him more weight. Your case is bad by the way. It basically comes down to the fact that you dont personally think what you did was scummy. You fail to take into account that the way you think is not the way everyone thinks. Some people think in ways completely different from you. If I also found the way you came in scummy, as well as a few others in this game it appears, dont you think that maybe, just fucking maybe, that they have experience where scum does just what you did. And I know you responded that what Ceejay did, in the game I used as an example, is different from what you did/are doing, but that misses the point.

The point is that people can get scum read for the fucking flimsiest of reasons. When scum get caught by reasons they think they shouldnt be caught for they usually act the way you are right now.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:55 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 517, Quick wrote:OK, I'm caught up, AMA

/S

Seriously though I really hate being blackmailed to catch up in a game. Shit is just not right.
(1)

In other news, not sold on FF being Town. He got early TRs from people
(2)
and that seems to have stuck for not very good reasons I don't think. FF is a good player
(3)
, not ready to clear them just based on... Whatever people were TRing him for, because from what I saw, didn't see a whole lot of Town tells and def felt like I was strongly disagreeing with some of the stuff he's said so far.
(4)
1. Womp Womp. You didnt have to listen to us, you made a choice to. You could have stuck to your guns and probably would have backfired on you. Why did you decide to actually participate with the class?
2. Examples?
3. Ooooo... did you meta dive me? I love when I get doven into. What are you basing this statement off of?
4. More examples? Was it so hard to click that little Q button to focus on posts of mine you didnt like?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:58 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 524, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 461, OkaPoka wrote:@formerfish your vote is still on me it appears, so talk to me, why am I scum still?
for visibility
super visibility
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:00 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 461, OkaPoka wrote:@formerfish your vote is still on me it appears, so talk to me, why am I scum still?
for visibility
Didnt we do this dance last game we were in as well. I dont really interact with scum reads like that. I kinda dont trust actions made by people directly after I make it known that I think they are scum. Especially when its players that I have played with a few times before. There is just to much ability for people to switch metas or play to someones expectations after that point. Right now my vote is on you because I think you have a higher chance of being scum at this very point in the game. All that is going to change that is someone else popping the top of their scum tree just a head above the rest to get seen.

Quick is doing a good job of getting there for me right now. inb4 omgus read.

ninja- Oka, seriously bro? You can clearly see that I am catching up to the current posts and just responded to a post like 7 before this one... have some fucking patience that shit will get done in the time it should.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:01 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 526, Quick wrote:
In post 522, Formerfish wrote:
In post 488, nancy wrote:
Vote: Quick

I don't believe that your read on Iceman is real. You're saying that you disagree with him or he is bad therefore he is mafia, which is nonsense. Your entire case on him feels like shade and I don't like it one bit. Please catch up and provide thoughts on the game.
Are you getting a scum caught for reasons they dont believe they should have been caught kinda vibe coming off of Quick right now?
Uh-huh. It looks like you like that argument.
If the shoe fits.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:04 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

yeah we did the dance because you scumread me and i didnt trust you, we both ended up town and not being lynched so it worked out in the end
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:05 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 530, Formerfish wrote:
In post 515, Quick wrote:
In post 210, nancy wrote:
In post 193, OkaPoka wrote:it feels like it was phrased in a way that allows iceman to build upon it later to attack nancy w/o really needing to build a legitimate in game case on her

like instead of saying something about nancy feels off, feels like she is controlling town he goes with the proposition that cannot really be argued against
I don't think you're insane for thinking this.

But like, lmao, it doesn't feel very intuitive for mafia to come in the way he did and talk in detail about his idea that we should lynch the IC in lylo. He has to know that will look bad and if he's mafia he has to already be feeling like he wants me very dead with the way my thread presence is, so it's like, not a thing that he's ever actually going to cash in on and he would know that. I also kind of feel like it would take a bit more of an experienced player to try to use that as a way to break down trust, and kinda think he'd be intimidated by me given how he's a newb and newbscum generally suck up to the IC.
This kinda bugs me. IDK why people keep saying Ice is a newb when he's not.
How is not a newbie? He has finished 3 newbie games, is in his 4th and is playing in his first non-newbie game concurrently.

If he isn't a newbie then he is like a half step above being one. Not sure why you feel the need to try and bolster your SRs position there, maybe you think it gives your case on him more weight. Your case is bad by the way. It basically comes down to the fact that you dont personally think what you did was scummy. You fail to take into account that the way you think is not the way everyone thinks. Some people think in ways completely different from you. If I also found the way you came in scummy, as well as a few others in this game it appears, dont you think that maybe, just fucking maybe, that they have experience where scum does just what you did. And I know you responded that what Ceejay did, in the game I used as an example, is different from what you did/are doing, but that misses the point.

The point is that people can get scum read for the fucking flimsiest of reasons. When scum get caught by reasons they think they shouldnt be caught for they usually act the way you are right now.
Which is how?

I didn't see that Ice had only played 3-4 games, what I saw is that he was playing in games with 20 PRs. Those kinds of games are generally reserved for people who completely know what they are doing or completely have no idea what they are doing and I assumed the former.

It's nice that you know people think in different ways, but that's not why I am SRing Ice.

They (in general, which is how you are phrasing this) could have had the experience where a Scum person didn't catch up, but that wasn't my impression of Ice's reason for voting me. It seemed theory based. As far as nanacy's vote is concerned, I've already addressed that.

I do have a question though. Are you going to actually vote me or are you just gunna shade me?

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:08 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 531, Formerfish wrote:

/S

Seriously though I really hate being blackmailed to catch up in a game. Shit is just not right.
(1)

(2)
and that seems to have stuck for not very good reasons I don't think. FF is a good player
(3)
, not ready to clear them just based on... Whatever people were TRing him for, because from what I saw, didn't see a whole lot of Town tells and def felt like I was strongly disagreeing with some of the stuff he's said so far.
(4)
1. Womp Womp. You didnt have to listen to us, you made a choice to. You could have stuck to your guns and probably would have backfired on you. Why did you decide to actually participate with the class?
2. Examples?
3. Ooooo... did you meta dive me? I love when I get doven into. What are you basing this statement off of?
4. More examples? Was it so hard to click that little Q button to focus on posts of mine you didnt like?
Quit trying to get under my skin, thanks. You already know I am pissed for being forced to do something I don't want to do. Is the attitude really necessary?

Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:09 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 535, OkaPoka wrote:yeah we did the dance because you scumread me and i didnt trust you, we both ended up town and not being lynched so it worked out in the end
And if that is what is destined to happen then youll be spared here as well. Its not like people are falling over themselves trying to follow me on my read, so your constant worry over my state of mind towards you might be able to take a rest for now.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:09 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 533, Formerfish wrote:
for visibility
Didnt we do this dance last game we were in as well. I dont really interact with scum reads like that. I kinda dont trust actions made by people directly after I make it known that I think they are scum. Especially when its players that I have played with a few times before. There is just to much ability for people to switch metas or play to someones expectations after that point. Right now my vote is on you because I think you have a higher chance of being scum at this very point in the game. All that is going to change that is someone else popping the top of their scum tree just a head above the rest to get seen.

Quick is doing a good job of getting there for me right now. inb4 omgus read.

ninja- Oka, seriously bro? You can clearly see that I am catching up to the current posts and just responded to a post like 7 before this one... have some fucking patience that shit will get done in the time it should.
Well, that was a quick catch up.

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:10 pm

Post by Quick »

Here is your OMGUS, bud.

VOTE: FF

tbh I feel like you are just trying to upset me more and get me to make a mistake. Plus that excuse about trying to catch up when you were pretty much already there was pretty bad.

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:10 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 538, Formerfish wrote:
In post 535, OkaPoka wrote:yeah we did the dance because you scumread me and i didnt trust you, we both ended up town and not being lynched so it worked out in the end
And if that is what is destined to happen then youll be spared here as well. Its not like people are falling over themselves trying to follow me on my read, so your constant worry over my state of mind towards you might be able to take a rest for now.
its not about you reading me, its about me reading you

simply put, im growing suspicious of you and i want to interact w/ you to help further the development of my read on you
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:11 pm

Post by nancy »

Quick, if you don't want to read a game, don't replace into a game. You need to cut out the attitude because it doesn't belong in a newbie game and you straight up don't belong here either if you're going to be like this.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:11 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

im pretty sure quick is caught up
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:16 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 536, Quick wrote:I didn't see that Ice had only played 3-4 games, what I saw is that he was playing in games with 20 PRs. Those kinds of games are generally reserved for people who completely know what they are doing or completely have no idea what they are doing and I assumed the former.
You are talking about this post here,
In post 269, IcemanCh wrote:
In post 213, Eragon wrote:well, even so we have plenty of time.

im used to 96 hour days(4 days RL) at the maximum and we have double that plus one day.

these daylengths feel abnormally long to me, but I know I have plenty of time

This was a HUGE adjustment for me at first. I was used to 48 hours.

The nights are the worst. 48 hours..... really? We do 24 or when all actions are received. Usually with 20 PRs sending in actions.
Right? Iceman is talking about games from his homesite. So yes, he may not be a mafia virgin before coming here, but how many of us are?

In post 536, Quick wrote:I do have a question though. Are you going to actually vote me or are you just gunna shade me?
I dont know if it can be considered shade if I am openly talking about not liking your posts, your opinions and have said your scum stock is on the rise, that I mentioned I liked where my vote was at, but if you kept acting like you were that it could move to you in the future...

That is all pretty blatantly me saying i think you may be scum.

and LQ is short for Lickety right?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:17 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 542, nancy wrote:Quick, if you don't want to read a game, don't replace into a game. You need to cut out the attitude because it doesn't belong in a newbie game and you straight up don't belong here either if you're going to be like this.
Thanks IC.

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:19 pm

Post by Quick »

I'm gunna take a break.

nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:19 pm

Post by nancy »

Yeah, I saw as much. He's saying I blackmailed him and such and is being really inappropriate. I was worried this might happen when I saw him take the slot.

It's your obligation to read the game if you replace in, regardless of your alignment, no one is exempt from this. You also need to treat other players with respect. Am not going to tolerate toxicity in any game where I am IC.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:19 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 546, Quick wrote:I'm gunna take a break.
Thank you.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:19 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 537, Quick wrote:
In post 531, Formerfish wrote:

/S

(1)

(2)
(3)
(4)
2. Examples?
Quit trying to get under my skin, thanks. You already know I am pissed for being forced to do something I don't want to do. Is the attitude really necessary?
Is that for the womp womp? How about the dive into why you acquiesced so quickly? I think that that conversation might have merit, but I guess you want to get butthurt by a simple comment meant to signify that you should get over the fact that you had to read some posts in a game you signed up for based off reading posts and finding out who is scum. If you dont like the way I play I dunno what to tell you.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”