Newbie 1881 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:56 pm

Post by Micc »

Votecount 1.11
Formerfish (3) -
TrinityNZ, Quick, nancy
OkaPoka (1) -
Formerfish
Quick (1) -
IcemanCh
TrinityNZ (1) -
OkaPoka
Eragon (1) -
WhyMafia

Not Voting (2) -
Eragon, Flicker

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2018-07-23 11:49:57).
Last edited by Micc on Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:56 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

Dammit you stole the page-top

You will regret this!
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:58 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

i made a mega post on trinity, the point of that point is if we look deeper trinity is scum because she doesn't want to dirty her hands.

town wants to dirty their hands as that is the best way to develop reads and extract important info.

scum doesn't want to because they don't care about developing reads and revisiting ideas, they just want to coast by.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:06 pm

Post by Eragon »

I saw someone talkign about my tone, well take this as you will, but im trying to be nicer and calmer playing FM

on my Home site i can get a bit riled up and sarcastic and jerky and annoying, and this annoys me as well.
Coming to a new site, a fresh start, i am trying to be calmer. I can see where this can seem like im trying to avoid conflict/stay under the radar, so i suppose i cant have both worlds be perfect. Im still gonna try to be calm, but i will also push and prod people to help me soldiify my reads

Catching up now
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:10 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 641, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 638, Quick wrote:
In post 632, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 630, Quick wrote:
In post 629, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 626, Quick wrote:I don't really have a read on Oka. I think something they are doing is Scummy and other things they are doing is incredibly Townie. Overall, I'd say Null Town (which is weaker than Town Lean for me).
What has he done that’s incredibly towny and what’s been scummy?
Some of the questions Oka has asked have seemed very Town motivated. But what they are pushing is a bit suspect.
Can you give examples?
This might sound Scummy or stupid to you, but I have to ask why you need examples.
Because I want to know your thought process and how you're drawing those conclusions
Did you know there is an alternate, superior way if figuring this out, without me possibly influencing you by cherry picking?

Just ISO Oka with what I said in mind. If you come to the same conclusion, that solves this problem.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:11 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 651, WhyMafia wrote:Dammit you stole the page-top

You will regret this!
Literal LOL. IDEK why I thought that was so funny, but it was.

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:12 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 634, WhyMafia wrote:While this is all going on can people tell me what they think of Eragon? Curious to see where everyone stands on that slot
I have him as pretty solidly Null atm. His content isn't bad, but he seems a bit disengaged.

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 653, Eragon wrote:I saw someone talkign about my tone, well take this as you will, but im trying to be nicer and calmer playing FM

on my Home site i can get a bit riled up and sarcastic and jerky and annoying, and this annoys me as well.
Coming to a new site, a fresh start, i am trying to be calmer. I can see where this can seem like im trying to avoid conflict/stay under the radar, so i suppose i cant have both worlds be perfect. Im still gonna try to be calm, but i will also push and prod people to help me soldiify my reads

Catching up now
Have you given a read on Oka? They've been a player under much contention for the majority of the game and I would like to see a stance there.

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:17 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 657, Quick wrote:
In post 653, Eragon wrote:I saw someone talkign about my tone, well take this as you will, but im trying to be nicer and calmer playing FM

Catching up now
Have you given a read on Oka? They've been a player under much contention for the majority of the game and I would like to see a stance there.
i think they are slightly scummy to me, but that is one of my weaker reads
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 658, Eragon wrote:
In post 657, Quick wrote:

Catching up now
i think they are slightly scummy to me, but that is one of my weaker reads
Why?

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:23 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 484, Eragon wrote:
Iceman:
I havent seen much content from him except saying he wants to PL the IC if they are alive late game, and calling quick scum for not reading the thread. Overall it seems like he has been pushing on the little things and reaching for some things, and I’m not getting good vibes from his post. All this being said, based on his experience level(i think) he could also be Noob!town

Stan1ey:
I would love to see more activity from him because I think his posts are pretty towny, but he’s only had 9 posts in the game, so I cant give him much more than a light town read.

Flicker:
Starts off kinda awkward IMO, and I don’t really like their “scrutinization” posts, plus their SR on Oka feels kinda forced and reaching(like on the push about Oka asking questions, I mean ???) also when they posted their reads most of the Reads are very weak.

Reads Nancy towny for being active
Reads Iceman town for pointing out good Info
Reads FF as town for Mindmelding
Reads me as town for attitude
Reads Trinity as town for weirdness and votes
Reads Stan1ey as null for “sheeping”?
Reads Quick as null for the reading

And I think its odd that they have a town pile of 6 people and the other 2 are null pile?
So no SR’s?

Trinity:
I think her posts are fairly natural, there have been a few pings back and forth such as the “I don’t SR him… Yet” post and their defense of Oka, instead of trying to counter the read or Prove it wrong, they brush it off like its nothing and just say that “scum must be happy watching us argue” and more or less OMGUS’ing on Oka by saying his push is scummy.
I also didn’t like their post saying “Yes, finally, someone else seeing scum in FF”

Their posts seem scummy but their tone feels natural, so thats why they are a null read for me

Quick:
Really don’t have a great read on them but I don’t think they would bring this much attention to themselves for not reading the thread if they were scum. This is by far one of my weaker reads, but I’m soul-reading them as light town

OkaPoka:
In the beginning he felt pretty good, but then I don’t really like him pushing the noobs that have low thread presence and likely will have a harder time defending themselves. It kinda seems like he is trying to pull of an easier mis-lynch than trying to Lynch someone like Nancy or FF. I also don’t like “at this point im just waiting for the replacement to sarge to replace in and say something so i can vote them lol” also he seems to be really wishy-washy on his reads, like on trinity he goes scum, town, then scum again. His tunnel on Iceman felt kinda off to me, even if I agreed with the points.
His push later on on Trinity feels towny actually. I also think its weird that as soon as Nancy said she was no longer positive in the TR on me, he said the same thing too. He just kinda seems like he’s being a little opportunistic and sheepy, but not overall too bad recently. He is also one of my weaker reads but I think he is a little scummy.

FF:
posts feel natural and towny, and I’m mind-melding a lot with him. He is pretty much a tone-read, and its kinda hard to explain in short words, but I am almost confident in a Town!FF

Nancy:
What do I even say about this except town, town, town, town, town, town
these were all my reads as of ~ page 22.

im gonna catch up and see if anything changed for me.

Should i catch up by going through the 6-7 pages of thread or just looking at everyone's ISO?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:26 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:24 pm

Post by Formerfish »

I'll be around tomorrow night, I had my little girl today and snuggling on the couch took precedent over reading here.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:28 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 662, Formerfish wrote:I'll be around tomorrow night, I had my little girl today and snuggling on the couch took precedent over reading here.
ok_hand
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:57 pm

Post by nancy »

@WhyMafia would be cool if you talk about your reads outside Eragon/Oka
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:43 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 591, nancy wrote:
In post 571, nancy wrote:
In post 569, TrinityNZ wrote:
In post 567, nancy wrote:
In post 565, TrinityNZ wrote:Is there any chance that FF and Quick are scum partners and planned a bit of a set-to? What do others think?
Not a snowball's chance lmao. Would bet the game that the team isn't ever FF/Quick.
It would be a clever thing to do though, right?
Hum, I don't think so, no, not really. You'd just be bringing negative attention to both yourself and your mafia partner which isn't a good thing no matter how unaligned you might think you will look from it. Why?
@Trinity
I was just thinking it could be a clever tactic from two scum who might be trying to misdirect, and asking if anybody else agreed.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:03 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 623, WhyMafia wrote:mahhh, I suppose I overlooked Trinity. I feel like Nancy's kind of represents how I feel. I want Trinity to do more, and she seems to be nooby to me. She isn't really pinging my scum radar, but I get what you mean by her being passive and not being proactive. @Trinity, can you convince me on who your biggest scum read is and why we should Lynch them? @Oka can you do the same?
I’m trying to catch up on today’s posts, so will post something more later, but for now FF is still my biggest scum read. He’s really only been leaning on Oka, and not putting in the effort on others that I would have expected.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:07 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 624, OkaPoka wrote:your case is wrong?

Point to me what's scummy and I'll rebut.

I guess lazy is a fair assessment of me, wouldn't say coaster tho, coasting would be sheeping onto nancy and going afk for the rest of the game.

And if you don't like my interactions with trinity, you do you i guess. I built my case on trinity and am voting her because i scumread her, I feel like she doesn't want to dirty her hands with lynches and as a result isn't engaging in a meaningful manner with people unless prompted to. 90% of her interactions are with nancy, who I'm pretty sure trinity isn't even trying to push. She isn't going out of her way to interact with others.

pedit: predicted and outsmarted also refer to the post you accidentally quoted
Oka, I’m trying to engage in a meaningful manner. Why do you think I don’t want to get my hands dirty with lynches, when I’ve said that I’ve voted FF? It started off as an RVS, but I changed it to a real vote. FF is still my strongest scum read, so I’m not sure why I would switch my vote to someone else at this point? I would happily be part of lynching him right now - we just need two more.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:10 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Talk to me about ff, write up a case with some evidence
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:50 pm

Post by nancy »

Oh my god yeah lmao I'm just going to lock Trinity as town now I think.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:53 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 660, Eragon wrote:Should i catch up by going through the 6-7 pages of thread or just looking at everyone's ISO?
This question is very... Um.

I'm not sure how effective of a description Um is, but this is definitely that.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:57 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 668, OkaPoka wrote:Talk to me about ff, write up a case with some evidence
OK, so I know this is going to make me look flaky, but looking for evidence has just made me confused! FF looks to me like apart from the interaction with Quick, he’s mainly spent time leaning on Oka and not really putting in the effort on everyone else. And I don’t think he’s tried hard to defend the votes on him. But I’ve had to admit that I do like that he’s after Oka as I think Oka could be scum, which would possibly, but not definitely, mean that FF isn’t.

My current thinking is:

Nancy - strong town. We all know why.
Oka - scum lean, mainly because of the weak case he was trying to make on me, and poor answers to questions others have asked.
Iceman - slight town lean, as I’ve liked his theory posts, although his vote on Quick seemed a bit forced, and not for the best of reasons. I don’t think not reading posts is AI.
Quick - slight scum lean. I initially didn’t think scum would be so blasé about the attack from IceMan. But some of his posts are scummy sounding, like ‘you are trying to upset me more and get me to make a mistake’. As mafia in the last game I worried about making mistakes, but in this game I’m not worried so much as what sort of mistakes can I make? I mean, I can make silly mistakes where people might think I’m stupid, but I can’t think what type of think a ‘mistake’ I could make that would be really bad.
Flicker - slight scum lean, the unvote of Oka seems strange.
Eragon - town lean originally, as he came in with a hiss and a roar, but that has tapered off, so null at the moment.
Why Mafia - town lean. I’m linking his posts. He’s put in a lot of effort really quickly and looks like he’s making an effort to understand the game, and made some good cases.
FF - was my strongest scum lean, but I’m backing off that, as noted above.

UNVOTE: FormerFish
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:59 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

VOTE: OkaPoka
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:00 pm

Post by nancy »

I need more words from WhyMafia about how his read on Oka changed and why he dropped his push to go onto Eragon because the way that played out feels like he was a spinning top that lost momentum and clinked to a halt against the tabletop and the sound of the clink is the sound I hear in my dreams when I think about scum.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:02 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 671, TrinityNZ wrote:OK, so I know this is going to make me look flaky, but looking for evidence has just made me confused! FF looks to me like apart from the interaction with Quick, he’s mainly spent time leaning on Oka and not really putting in the effort on everyone else. And I don’t think he’s tried hard to defend the votes on him. But I’ve had to admit that I do like that he’s after Oka as I think Oka could be scum, which would possibly, but not definitely, mean that FF isn’t.
I have FF and Oka as hard unaligned.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”