NY214: Project Pinecone (Game over! Town wins!)

Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 2041, Chickadee wrote:That's fair. However, historically, I feel I've either been really with it, or really not with it. And my grasp on this game is not good, because it's moving too fast for me. So I largely do not trust most of my reads.

@@@MOI so who among the carpet bombing you think is highest ++> scum % flip
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:30 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

I'm roughly at Elbirn ?= Profii > Xyzzy > HeWho > Sky in that last grouping

Profii again please talk about your progression
your response doesn't address my actual concerns

How do you think there's scum in taly/elbirn and don't feel like straightening it out but just eeeeeeh lets lynch elbirn and if town I guess sus taly
I really want to know how you're comfortable going along with taly as so whilst scumreading him
deranged and incoherent
?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by Taly »

I'm being reminded why I became so frail and a bit bitchy late-D1

Several people are still taking the
"he's gonna sort himself sooner or later"
approach to me and it's frustrating AF :igmeou:

OR, the
deeming I'm scum
approach without reading in depth of my motves or posts

I'll reply soon when I can guarantee I won't scream in caps
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:34 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

dude that's like the most common read
you're like taking not-being-universally-townread worse than I take actually being wagoned
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:36 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Are you talking about profii or MoI with that? I think profii's stance on you is kinda weird and he might be scum for it anyways
deranged and incoherent
?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:49 pm

Post by Taly »

No, it's mostly not the conclusions of the reads, it's the reasoning

I don't entirely agree with my predecessor being a factor in reading me at all atm
Not many people are looking at my vote history and wagons for a read, at least I don't think.
I thought people would engage with me more if I wasn't a solid read to them.
Not many people have really cased their scumread on me, and it's usually not elaborate.
Raskolnikov wrote:Are you talking about profii or MoI with that? I think profii's stance on you is kinda weird and he might be scum for it anyways
Mostly
profii's
but both, I am waiting for
MOI
to read into my ISO assessments, that's something I wished more people would've done.

Also
Chickadee
a little bit in

It just feels weird that people note the content I have but don't come to a solid read.

That... doesn't happen to me a lot. In games that did, I often got mislynched.

I will say I'm probably making a bigger deal out of this than necessary, so I'll keep myself in check and not fall into the pattern I did in D1.
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:53 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Can I say how frustrating reading the first 15 pages of today was? Frankly I’ve been tempted to replace out because dealing with so much deadwood in those pages was painful. The actual content in those pages was made almost unreadable by all the spamming. I’ll say it again - spamming is far worse than walling.

Also – stop all the spam related to Normal rules. It isn’t helpful and just makes wading through to get to actual content that much harder. This means you Andy!

BTW is all anyone should need to see that Duckling is a SK. He’s giving himself wiggle room to shoot people who can out him considering HitAlt’s claimed ability has no further teeth for worst.

Elbirn’s replace-out is very inconvenient. I really think it is bad play to lynch him unclaimed even if it risks the replacement halo effect. People need to remember that there is an unclaimed Loud role that may well be very important to Town and I don’t want us lynching it because frustration with replacing takes over.

Also in the eventuality that Ausuka is the Scum Vendor I think screams that there is at least one scum (and probably 2) non-SK on the Dram wagon.

As of count me as preferring a Sky lynch over a Elbirn lynch at this stage. That series of posts is a whole bunch of noise “Maybe it is X, maybe it is Y” with a hop on Elbirn that pretty much is driven by self-preservation and Elbirn being the likeliest wagon. And the cozying up to worst looks like “Don’t shoot me Mr SK I’m totally your pal” from someone in the only viable Pretend-To-Be-A-Vig pool.

In fact

VOTE: Sky

@Taly
– I’ll go over your read posts on Sky / Elbirn / Xyzzy / HeWhoSwiums in depth but say I’d much prefer a Sky lynch especially with Elbirn’s replace out which I think is Page Count driven IMO.

Also I think you are dead wrong in your assessment on scum wanting the Serial Killer dead. We are in a great position right now with one Mafia dead and the SK basically exposed. Both the Mafia and the Serial Killer should want to shoot confirmed / likely Town because body count is greatly working against them.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:01 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 2046, Raskolnikov wrote:Carpet bombing's always fun.
If you think TW is probably SK do you think the odds of one of brass or hit being scum BP or scum detective are possibly worth consideration?
Of course it is worth considering those possibilities. I think of the two Brass stands less chance than HitAlt since scum already had a protective style role in Dram. But those are the kind of conjecture that needs to happen several days down the line. And consider that both have at least two other ways to possibly clear them (myself and Andy for HitAlt / Brass has all three although Hit's clears are not necessarily perfect since I believe Detectives only tell when someone has tried to kill and a Mafia member could just not be sending the kill order).
In post 2051, Raskolnikov wrote:I'm roughly at Elbirn ?= Profii > Xyzzy > HeWho > Sky in that last grouping

How do you think there's scum in taly/elbirn and don't feel like straightening it out but just eeeeeeh lets lynch elbirn and if town I guess sus taly
I really want to know how you're comfortable going along with taly as so whilst scumreading him
See and obviously I'm flip flopped from you almost completely here. I see Sky as the best bet with the following rough order

Sky > HeWho / Profii > Xyzzy > Elbirn

We can discuss once I get to my post to Taly tomorrow on his ISOs and what I think about his reads and conclusions on those particular players.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:09 pm

Post by Andrius »

I hear you. I stopped.

I'm not happy with the Elbrin situation but, as a replacement myself, we should give them time.
In post 2056, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Also I think you are dead wrong in your assessment on scum wanting the Serial Killer dead. We are in a great position right now with one Mafia dead and the SK basically exposed. Both the Mafia and the Serial Killer should want to shoot confirmed / likely Town because body count is greatly working against them.
So why are we not lynching The Worst again?
You're right on the money - we can't really leash him and we can't trust him so why are we chasing SkyGazer when an unleashable Serial Killer is threatening our game.

Like, I'm with you on the duck-is-a-serialkiller and your logic right up to you voting NOT THE SERIAL KILLER given how much damage they can cause. As you said there's been a BIT of posturing for a non-conventional shot and I don't like that given we've got targets on the backs of a few people I'd rather not see nightkilled.
Hit's clears are not necessarily perfect
No but his guilties are and those are way more valuable.

Also for calling it an "eventuality" that Ausuka is scum fruit vendor you want to lynch not eventuality scum?

What are we smoking magna because if you're saying near-confirmed serial killer and that high certainty Ausuka-scumread you're throwing around why are we supposed to go for SKYGAZER over EITHER of those two?

Sincerely,

-Confused
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 599, xyzzy wrote:oh btw this game has given me another chance to use this image I made a long time ago

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:52 pm

Post by Inferno390 »

Can we please lynch MoI for these last few posts? Please?

Also, I hate to be the man of paranoia, but
Are we seriously going to take the whole block of MoI/Andrius/Chick on the face value of MoI’s claimed action last night alone?
Especially since it’s pointed out that there are plenty of ways for scum to abuse that claim?
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:11 pm

Post by the worst »

uh

still a vig so I'm gonna go ahead and say there's probably at least 1 townie who is being dumb here

also might be considering scum!Hit
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:38 pm

Post by Taly »

1) Inferno
I don't get your consistent scumread on
MOI
and probably won't until you actually elaborate in depth as to why.
2) MOI
, what makes you feel
Elbirn
is most likely town out of the pool?
3)
Probably going to switch to
Sky
soon with the
Elbirn
replacement... I just never feel it's a great idea to continually push a slot based off a predecessor, despite my reads. Plus, pending an ISO on
Profii
, I'm feeling less favorable about
Sky
associatively at the moemnt.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by Andrius »

In post 2059, xyzzy wrote:
In post 599, xyzzy wrote:oh btw this game has given me another chance to use this image I made a long time ago

I saw you post and got excited for reads and content and.
-le sigh-
In post 2060, Inferno390 wrote:Also, I hate to be the man of paranoia, butAre we seriously going to take the whole block of MoI/Andrius/Chick on the face value of MoI’s claimed action last night alone?Especially since it’s pointed out that there are plenty of ways for scum to abuse that claim?
We're having a
discussion
about claims and events in the game. Why are you trying to tear it apart? Yes, we have outstanding claims and issues that we are talking about. You forget that Chickadee is through
me regardless of Magna's involvement
. I know you don't trust either of us (though I don't care) but maybe put aside your bias and instead of screaming about everything magna and I do be part of the discussion? The Ausuka/Magna thing is pretty murky and NO ONE seems to be interested in sorting this out.

Oh, also, HitAlt has completely disappeared. Elbrin lurked before replacing out. We have a Vig/Serial Killer who needs to be sorted out as well. xyzzy just effectively prod-dodged. Like, we got a number of problems in this game and you're focused in on everything revolving around Magna.

Sincerely,

Frustrated with your tunneling and the AWOLs
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:12 pm

Post by the worst »

I can sort me if u want?
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:21 pm

Post by Andrius »

I'm trying to avoid long conversations to avoid cluttering the thread but since you *are* claimed, regardless of Vig/SK as long as you allow some level of leash and can work with us and don't go AWOL I won't immediately have a problem as we have a good half dozen other issues to deal with.

But if you present yourself as an uncooperative 'I may have my own plans tonight' type of AWOL I will wagon you without hesitation as we CANNOT have a rogue killer at nights. We already have mafia. We can't afford a second, especially with the kind of lead we have this game.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:22 pm

Post by the worst »

if I'm being vague to the point of offense please let me know, I'm looking for a middle ground here. there's a subtext in me talking abt my intentions tonight, do you know what I'm getting at?
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:33 pm

Post by Andrius »

No. I no longer do subtlety. But its fine. You don't need to crumb or anything. I will know you by the fruit of your labors.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:04 pm

Post by profii »

I will get the questions but not got time at work these days so probably 14 hours time after footy tonight
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:11 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2067, Andrius wrote:No. I no longer do subtlety. But its fine. You don't need to crumb or anything. I will know you by the fruit of your labors.
you and MoI rock.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Post by Andrius »

In post 2069, the worst wrote:
In post 2067, Andrius wrote:No. I no longer do subtlety. But its fine. You don't need to crumb or anything. I will know you by the fruit of your labors.
you and MoI rock.
For old times' sake. <3
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:10 pm

Post by profii »

In post 2049, Chickadee wrote:Even if TW is a SK, Lynching third parties at the moment does not excite me. Group scum first, then if the game is going, third parties. Let scum take care of TW, because so far if he is a SK, he's shown a wanting to shoot in scum.

So I think we should stop focusing so much on the TW thing (not a comment of MOI's assessment...just happens to follow it). Anyone going hard after TW I will take as a scum claim.
I have a bit of time so I was just going back to look for my questions I need to answer and spotted this which I would like to comment on as I do believe TW is a SK.

Whilst the scum have only lost 1 player, they can easily asses if TW is near or far from shooting them up.

If TW is way wrong, they can let him help them whittle down the town and almost utilise his NK for their win con.
If he is right, he dies pretty soon as he is a scum risk.

personally, I think we shouldn't rely on scum killing him, but we should lynch him to reduce the amount of people dying at night, thus increase the amount of people we get the chance to lynch during the day. This gives us more PR results as time goes on and more informed choices, potentially enabling us to PoE our way to victory once a couple of people get confirmed. Bearing in mind there was no scum kill so we likely have a doctor somewhere - if TW shoots there by accident then, that's just silly.

my 2 cents.

whilst I am in favour of removing someone who is a threat to town and has a different win con to me, if town want to try and leash Tw, then I've no intention of forcing a TW lynch down everyones throats, but I will say I told you so when it goes wrong.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:15 pm

Post by the worst »

yeah paranoia lynch a vig.

nice one scum boy
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:51 pm

Post by profii »

In post 2051, Raskolnikov wrote:I'm roughly at Elbirn ?= Profii > Xyzzy > HeWho > Sky in that last grouping

I mainly think there is scum in Taly or Taly is very wrong somehow, but I think Taly isn't that wrong by accident as he is a good player - he has scum caught more before.

I think Talys slot was scummed up by dave and I think Taly is driving an Elbirn mislynch and whilst he has presented a coherent case on Elbirn, my concern is as part of that case he said Sky/Elbirn could be scum, but hey lets go with Elbirn and I'm not really super clear on what made Elbirn > Sky. Then when I ask on a scale of 1-10 Taly doesn't say oh yeah Elbirn is scum - I think Taly is posturing on an inevitable Sky Scum flip by picking on Elbirn's flubber vote and lack of good play on day 1 (sorry elbirn :] )

I reckon {Sky Taly} scum and elbirn town

seeing as my vote is on elbirn and MoI has voted Sky, seems a sensible time to see if we can get that wagon going

VOTE: Sky

would still prefer taly but meh - the other weird thing is people are now thinking I am scum linked to elbirn - I voted and people retreated, sure I could be bussing as the wagon nearly gets over the line, but then, why not just hammer if me and Elbirn are scum mates? That link doesn't make sense, people should say either I am scum OR elbirn is scum OR Taly is scum, it doesn't make sense that there is 2 scum in the pool of players here. However, the Sky link does make sense to Taly as he postured that read along with Elbirns I think.

I'm sort of glad I am a CW to elbirn as it takes some heat off what I really think is a town slot, if it had gone through, then I think it proved my point on Taly which is sort of a means to an end in catching scum-taly.

I think I get scum read for playing the probabilities like this and people start saying my play isn't "optimal" in a buzz wordy way, but I have my methods and they work for me so I'll be sound when Taly flips scum
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2074 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:53 pm

Post by profii »

In post 2072, the worst wrote:yeah paranoia lynch a vig.

nice one scum boy
In post 1561, the worst wrote: pedit: SK is awful honestly
honestly :facepalm:

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”