Newbie 1881 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:57 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 723, Formerfish wrote:
In post 721, Quick wrote:
In post 717, Formerfish wrote:
In post 657, Quick wrote:Have you given a read on Oka?
In post 658, Eragon wrote:i think they are slightly scummy to me, but that is one of my weaker reads
In post 659, Quick wrote:Why?
In post 654, Quick wrote:Did you know there is an alternate, superior way if figuring this out, without me possibly influencing you by cherry picking?
Just ISO Oka with what I said in mind. If you come to the same conclusion, that solves this problem.
I completely fail to see what you are trying to point out here.
Seriously man? Like 10 posts before WM asked you to show work on your read and you told him to iso the guy and think for himself. Then you ask someone else to show the reasons they have come up with a read.

Why should they if you refuse to show your work?

Its hypocritical.
It's not hypocritical because I am not necessarily asking for examples. Try again.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 689, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 654, Quick wrote:
In post 641, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 638, Quick wrote:
In post 632, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 630, Quick wrote:
In post 629, WhyMafia wrote:
In post 626, Quick wrote:I don't really have a read on Oka. I think something they are doing is Scummy and other things they are doing is incredibly Townie. Overall, I'd say Null Town (which is weaker than Town Lean for me).
What has he done that’s incredibly towny and what’s been scummy?
Some of the questions Oka has asked have seemed very Town motivated. But what they are pushing is a bit suspect.
Can you give examples?
This might sound Scummy or stupid to you, but I have to ask why you need examples.
Because I want to know your thought process and how you're drawing those conclusions
Did you know there is an alternate, superior way if figuring this out, without me possibly influencing you by cherry picking?

Just ISO Oka with what I said in mind. If you come to the same conclusion, that solves this problem.
I want to know how
you
are reaching your conclusions.
I am going off the assumption that you want to make sure I am not full of shit in what I am saying. I don't need to provide examples for that if you can figure it out yourself if what I am saying has merit or not.

Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:00 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 683, OkaPoka wrote:@flicker i think formerfish has a decent chance at being scum
In post 684, OkaPoka wrote:but then again i have better scumreads than formerfish being scum so actually i think rn the highest chance is both ff and quick being town
I dont know if this is more a hedge or a straight flip flop. Why are you scum reading me again?
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:01 pm

Post by Quick »

FF seems to be doing an awful lot of self-meta recently which is kinda questionable after him being a main wagon.

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:01 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

its a hedge and a flip flop i think?

im scumreading you because of silly reasons that i want to test but if i do ill get lynched for it
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:04 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 26, OkaPoka wrote:Sarge, how much to you is too much posting or too little posting?
In post 39, OkaPoka wrote:you seemed somewhat convinced.

why aren't you voting flicker up?
In post 49, OkaPoka wrote:You said you had the risk of making a random vote and getting the scrutinized for that versus getting scrutinized for not voting at all which makes me think that getting scrutinized is at the forefront of your mind.
In post 137, OkaPoka wrote:trinity is town because i don't see a new player interact that much and be scum

nancy ur town because i don't see you interacting that much to be scum

stanley feels like a rational town player

---

i thought trinity might have been scum with the rvs vote thing she did on FF but i don't think so anymore, mainly because i think her not understanding it was l2 seems genuine

flicker seems a bit defensive but nothing concrete yet

former is town because reasons

---
unvoted because we are out of rvs

and ill read that eragon post later
Two examples of each that I found in like 2 min.

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:04 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

although i can see why hedging is scummy, i do a lot of things that seem hedgy because i like to ramble and just type what im thinking, i also revise my reads a lot without needing a change happening in the game so as a result you get contradictory reads within short timespans.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:07 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 725, Quick wrote:It's not hypocritical because I am not necessarily asking for examples. Try again.
How do you expect him to explain his scum read on Oka? Hes going to have to show the posts that made him feel icky inside and then explain them to you to see if you feel icky as well. If we all just automatically felt the same way about posts then this game would be a lot easier than it is. Asking why someone is scum inherently is asking the other person to give examples.
In post 726, Quick wrote:I am going off the assumption that you want to make sure I am not full of shit in what I am saying. I don't need to provide examples for that if you can figure it out yourself if what I am saying has merit or not.
Like listen man. I'm not going to tell you how to play, you do you. Heres the thing though, when I see anti-town play, I say something. WM asked you a legit question in response to something you said. Your response to his question was to go reread himself with your vague statement in mind and to see what post pinged him and then you would let him know if those were the right ones?

And you claim that that is the simple way of doing it. Simple to me would be you quoting a few posts where Oka exemplified the behaviors you spoke to him exhibiting as evidence to the group to further your own read.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:08 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

@formerfish what are your reads on trinity/iceman/eragon?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:14 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 733, OkaPoka wrote:@formerfish what are your reads on trinity/iceman/eragon?
Scum lean, town lean, null town.

Something in her post just seem desperate to me. I know nancy has a strong town read here, but its just not there for me. The push on me is a bad one since she is using meta for the most part and the meta isnt accurate.

I like the way Iceman plays, it reminds me a lot of myself as a younger town player. He says whats on his mind and lays in the bed he makes when he has to answer for something. I also see a progression in him from the games weve played. This is where I see his town game now from the last 2, I dont see him as scum here.

Eragon, a lot of what he posts seems perfunctory. Other things show good signs. Wouldnt lynch here today.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:16 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 732, Formerfish wrote:
In post 725, Quick wrote:It's not hypocritical because I am not necessarily asking for examples. Try again.
How do you expect him to explain his scum read on Oka? Hes going to have to show the posts that made him feel icky inside and then explain them to you to see if you feel icky as well. If we all just automatically felt the same way about posts then this game would be a lot easier than it is. Asking why someone is scum inherently is asking the other person to give examples.
In post 726, Quick wrote:I am going off the assumption that you want to make sure I am not full of shit in what I am saying. I don't need to provide examples for that if you can figure it out yourself if what I am saying has merit or not.
Like listen man. I'm not going to tell you how to play, you do you. Heres the thing though, when I see anti-town play, I say something. WM asked you a legit question in response to something you said. Your response to his question was to go reread himself with your vague statement in mind and to see what post pinged him and then you would let him know if those were the right ones?

And you claim that that is the simple way of doing it. Simple to me would be you quoting a few posts where Oka exemplified the behaviors you spoke to him exhibiting as evidence to the group to further your own read.
How is that Anti-Town? Just because YOU don't play that way doesn't mean it's Anti-Town. As far as "how is he supposed to explain?" You don't really need to give examples to do that - in fact, he could pretty much just do exactly what I did, which is give a rundown of how things have gone in general. Maybe it's that I am more big picture than you are. Having an overall understanding is better than specifics anyways.

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

@quick, current read on trinity/iceman/eragon?
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 734, Formerfish wrote:
In post 733, OkaPoka wrote:@formerfish what are your reads on trinity/iceman/eragon?
Scum lean, town lean, null town.

Something in her post just seem desperate to me. I know nancy has a strong town read here, but its just not there for me. The push on me is a bad one since she is using meta for the most part and the meta isnt accurate.

I like the way Iceman plays, it reminds me a lot of myself as a younger town player. He says whats on his mind and lays in the bed he makes when he has to answer for something. I also see a progression in him from the games weve played. This is where I see his town game now from the last 2, I dont see him as scum here.

Eragon, a lot of what he posts seems perfunctory. Other things show good signs. Wouldnt lynch here today.
Holy Fuck, you're so full of shit!

When asked about how you are reading someone you go straight to overall play, not examples. This is a pretty blatant contradiction of play, bud.

Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:21 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 728, Quick wrote:FF seems to be doing an awful lot of self-meta recently which is kinda questionable after him being a main wagon.
Are you unaware of your meta and how you approach both sides of play?
In post 730, Quick wrote:
In post 26, OkaPoka wrote:Sarge, how much to you is too much posting or too little posting?
In post 39, OkaPoka wrote:you seemed somewhat convinced.

why aren't you voting flicker up?
In post 49, OkaPoka wrote:You said you had the risk of making a random vote and getting the scrutinized for that versus getting scrutinized for not voting at all which makes me think that getting scrutinized is at the forefront of your mind.
In post 137, OkaPoka wrote:trinity is town because i don't see a new player interact that much and be scum

nancy ur town because i don't see you interacting that much to be scum

stanley feels like a rational town player

---

i thought trinity might have been scum with the rvs vote thing she did on FF but i don't think so anymore, mainly because i think her not understanding it was l2 seems genuine

flicker seems a bit defensive but nothing concrete yet

former is town because reasons

---
unvoted because we are out of rvs

and ill read that eragon post later
Two examples of each that I found in like 2 min.
Holy shit this is like pulling teeth with you. Which ones are examples of ones you liked and which are the ones you didnt. Why to both?

Ninja- its anti town to me because you are withholding information that could lead to a righteous lynch. I have to wonder why you wouldnt want to share info with other people, which leads me to think certain things about you and the other aspects of your play.

The constant defensiveness and your tone add to the whole ensemble. I might be misreading your posts though and you dont have a tone, dont know you well enough to figure between the two right now.

Ninja 2- Wow man. Just wow. If Oka needs more from me he can ask. If I refuse then that would be hypocritical of me. Hell he could look at my blubs and say that it makes sense to him, or he could ask me a question and I would be able to explain it by being specific. Step off my dick bro.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:22 pm

Post by Formerfish »

You understand how WM asking you to explain your read on someone in specific is different than Oka asking me for a current read on 3 people right? Like you cant be that disingenuous.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:23 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 736, OkaPoka wrote:@quick, current read on trinity/iceman/eragon?
Trinity is *probably* Town. I sense newb Townness a lot there. Trinity has stuck to their guns when it hasn't been optimal to do so and, no offence to them, but I don't think they have the experience to play this way as Scum.

Ice is a tentative Town Lean. I think his process for getting reads is mostly wrong, but that doesn't mean he is Scum. Instead, I am leaning that he's just new to trying to come up with Reads. This is exemplified by the fact that he is used to playing in big games with lots of roles, which would make play based reads a weak point for him.

Eragon is probably Null/Null Scum for me atm. Not a high priority for me rn. I haven't had a lot of opportunities to engage with him in real time, and that's kinda what I am waiting for to get a better read on him. WhyMafia makes some good points on Eragon, but at the same time, that could just be playstyle.

Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:24 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Your willingness to attempt to jump on everything I say like a gotcha moment is probably one of the scummiest things Ive seen recently.

VOTE: Quick
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:28 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 738, Formerfish wrote:
In post 728, Quick wrote:Two examples of each that I found in like 2 min.
Holy shit this is like pulling teeth with you. Which ones are examples of ones you liked and which are the ones you didnt. Why to both?
It's like you are not even paying attention at this point. WhyMafia asked why I was reading Oka the way I was. I said I felt some of their questions seemed really Town motivated but that I thought some of their pushes were suspect. Pretty sure you can figure out the rest. Pretty sure you are just being this difficult because Oka is who you want to lynch, which is incredibly Scummy if correct.
In post 738, Formerfish wrote:The constant defensiveness and your tone add to the whole ensemble. I might be misreading your posts though and you dont have a tone, dont know you well enough to figure between the two right now.
Since when is defensiveness a Scum tell? It's not, you're just trying to push this narrative because I disagree with you.

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 741, Formerfish wrote:Your willingness to attempt to jump on everything I say like a gotcha moment is probably one of the scummiest things Ive seen recently.

Brah, that's not Scummy. I'm explaining my position on why you are Scum whom I am voting right now.

Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 743, Quick wrote:
In post 741, Formerfish wrote:Your willingness to attempt to jump on everything I say like a gotcha moment is probably one of the scummiest things Ive seen recently.

Brah, that's not Scummy. I'm explaining my position on why you are Scum whom I am voting right now.
Im pretty sure there is nothing I can do with you right now that you wouldnt scum read. But if you want to act like what you are saying is right then go for it. I see how you twice failed to acknowledge that the thing you are "getting me" for in that post isnt even a thing. Oka asking me for reads and me not giving specific posts to back up each one is not the same an WM asking you to explain a specific read you had. But keep pushing your narrative, I get it. Rolling scum in a game you replace into sucks, but this is nothing personal, if it werent you another body would be in that scumseat.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:37 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 744, Formerfish wrote:
In post 743, Quick wrote:

Im pretty sure there is nothing I can do with you right now that you wouldnt scum read. But if you want to act like what you are saying is right then go for it. I see how you twice failed to acknowledge that the thing you are "getting me" for in that post isnt even a thing. Oka asking me for reads and me not giving specific posts to back up each one is not the same an WM asking you to explain a specific read you had. But keep pushing your narrative, I get it. Rolling scum in a game you replace into sucks, but this is nothing personal, if it werent you another body would be in that scumseat.
LOL, you are such Scum.

How is that not a contradiction?

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:38 pm

Post by Quick »

Here's another contradiction in FF's play: They say I am confbiasing him as Scum.. Even if I am (I'm not) He's doing the same fucking thing to me!

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:39 pm

Post by Quick »

And there's a difference between pressure and confbias so let's just settle that rn. So far, FF isn't doing anything to change my mind that he is Scum.

Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:40 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Because Oka hasnt asked for it yet. Its not that you didnt do it, its that you wouldnt do it when someone asked. If Oka needs more info from me on hose reads to satisfy his curiosity then he can ask. If I refuse then itd be like you and scummy. However that situation hasnt taken place yet so...

Also legit question. When you find out im town, where do you go from there?

Ninja- naw bro, using confbias to add to my scum read of you is not the same.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:46 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 748, Formerfish wrote:Because Oka hasnt asked for it yet. Its not that you didnt do it, its that you wouldnt do it when someone asked. If Oka needs more info from me on hose reads to satisfy his curiosity then he can ask. If I refuse then itd be like you and scummy. However that situation hasnt taken place yet so...

Also legit question. When you find out im town, where do you go from there?

Ninja- naw bro, using confbias to add to my scum read of you is not the same.
You are the one who was pushing me for not giving examples. So what makes you think who asked you what would be satisfied without examples? On the one hand, you are arguing that I am Scummy for not providing examples, which shows that you agree examples are necessary, otherwise there is no reason to bring it up in the first place. On the other hand, you are not providing examples yourself and basically representing that an overview of play is how you personally operate. So then why am I Scummy for operating in the same way that you are? You are looking for EXCUSES to SR me.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”