Newbie 1881 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:51 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

i think your both town and should redirect your focus on finding the scum in eragon/trinity/iceman trio

@nancy reads rn on eragon/trinity/iceman?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:55 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

@flicker reads rn on eragon/trinity/iceman?
@whymafia reads rn on eragon/trinity/iceman?
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:02 pm

Post by Quick »

I have too many TRs I think
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:13 pm

Post by Quick »

Reads

Town

nanacy, Trinity
Town Lean

Ice, Oka
Null

Flicker, WhyMafia, Eragon
Scum Lean

FF

I guess I can't really justify giving a Town Lean to WhyMafia. Flicker fits the same category, so out of my Nulls, Eragon is probably the Scummiest.

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:18 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

@quick could you link me some posts that you feel debunks the theory that trinity isn't engaging with town or makes you feel that strongly about trinity town?
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:18 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

In post 751, OkaPoka wrote:@whymafia reads rn on eragon/trinity/iceman?
I've made it abundantly clear my read on eragon ya fool : (
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:20 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

what about trinity and iceman
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

Trinity I'm more stuck on - I would like more content from her - for now I guess she's null
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:23 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

and ice?
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:23 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

I like Iceman as a lean town
WhyMafia
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
WhyMafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:28 pm

Post by WhyMafia »

Bahh, do you guys think we'll have enough time to have a meaningful discussion with Eragon before deadline? Bc he's V/LA till like a day or two before IIRC
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:59 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 759, WhyMafia wrote:I like Iceman as a lean town
Why?

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:01 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 671, TrinityNZ wrote:
In post 668, OkaPoka wrote:Talk to me about ff, write up a case with some evidence
OK, so I know this is going to make me look flaky, but looking for evidence has just made me confused! FF looks to me like apart from the interaction with Quick, he’s mainly spent time leaning on Oka and not really putting in the effort on everyone else. And I don’t think he’s tried hard to defend the votes on him. But I’ve had to admit that I do like that he’s after Oka as I think Oka could be scum, which would possibly, but not definitely, mean that FF isn’t.

My current thinking is:

Nancy - strong town. We all know why.
Oka - scum lean, mainly because of the weak case he was trying to make on me, and poor answers to questions others have asked.
Iceman - slight town lean, as I’ve liked his theory posts, although his vote on Quick seemed a bit forced, and not for the best of reasons. I don’t think not reading posts is AI.
Quick - slight scum lean. I initially didn’t think scum would be so blasé about the attack from IceMan. But some of his posts are scummy sounding, like ‘you are trying to upset me more and get me to make a mistake’. As mafia in the last game I worried about making mistakes, but in this game I’m not worried so much as what sort of mistakes can I make? I mean, I can make silly mistakes where people might think I’m stupid, but I can’t think what type of think a ‘mistake’ I could make that would be really bad.
Flicker - slight scum lean, the unvote of Oka seems strange.
Eragon - town lean originally, as he came in with a hiss and a roar, but that has tapered off, so null at the moment.
Why Mafia - town lean. I’m linking his posts. He’s put in a lot of effort really quickly and looks like he’s making an effort to understand the game, and made some good cases.
FF - was my strongest scum lean, but I’m backing off that, as noted above.

UNVOTE: FormerFish
what are these poor answers to other questions?
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:08 pm

Post by Eragon »

I can be somewhat active for about an hour/half hour each day.

I won't really have enough time to do ISO's or full reads or stuff like that but I can respond to a few posts if theres stuff that involves me.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:17 pm

Post by nancy »

Bluh. I feel really depleted but I'll try to catch up I guess.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:21 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 762, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 668, OkaPoka wrote:Talk to me about ff, write up a case with some evidence
OK, so I know this is going to make me look flaky, but looking for evidence has just made me confused! FF looks to me like apart from the interaction with Quick, he’s mainly spent time leaning on Oka and not really putting in the effort on everyone else. And I don’t think he’s tried hard to defend the votes on him. But I’ve had to admit that I do like that he’s after Oka as I think Oka could be scum, which would possibly, but not definitely, mean that FF isn’t.

My current thinking is:

Oka - scum lean, mainly because of the weak case he was trying to make on me, and poor answers to questions others have asked.
Iceman - slight town lean, as I’ve liked his theory posts, although his vote on Quick seemed a bit forced, and not for the best of reasons. I don’t think not reading posts is AI.
Quick - slight scum lean. I initially didn’t think scum would be so blasé about the attack from IceMan. But some of his posts are scummy sounding, like ‘you are trying to upset me more and get me to make a mistake’. As mafia in the last game I worried about making mistakes, but in this game I’m not worried so much as what sort of mistakes can I make? I mean, I can make silly mistakes where people might think I’m stupid, but I can’t think what type of think a ‘mistake’ I could make that would be really bad.
Eragon - town lean originally, as he came in with a hiss and a roar, but that has tapered off, so null at the moment.
Why Mafia - town lean. I’m linking his posts. He’s put in a lot of effort really quickly and looks like he’s making an effort to understand the game, and made some good cases.

You can call these poor answers if you want, but it’s my best shot, so take it or leave it. Trying to make me look bad isn’t working for you Oka. Town is on to you.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:24 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

no im asking you what are the poor answers that i have made that you seem to dislike
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:25 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

but wow thats a bit defensive
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:25 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 765, TrinityNZ wrote:
In post 762, OkaPoka wrote:

My current thinking is:

Oka - scum lean, mainly because of the weak case he was trying to make on me, and
poor answers to questions others have asked.

You can call these poor answers if you want, but it’s my best shot, so take it or leave it. Trying to make me look bad isn’t working for you Oka. Town is on to you.
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:27 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 766, OkaPoka wrote:no im asking you what are the poor answers that i have made that you seem to dislike
Sorry, I got that wrong! I’m not disagreeing that I’m not defensive against you though :)
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:28 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

@nancy opinion on defensive tells?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:31 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 679, IcemanCh wrote:VOTE: Oka

I'm hoping on the Oka wagon.

I'm revising my read on Trinity to town. So Trinity, and FF are both my town players along with Nancy.

Come on Nancy, get on the wagon.

I also think Eragon and Why_Mafia have a town lean.

Sooo.... That leaves Flicker, Oka, and Quick.

Quick has moved slightly less scummy. Flicker is for all intents and purposes null to me.

So..... Time to push Oka.

I don't get the constant "Tell me why you think I'm scum so I can debunk" posts from Oka. Does that not seem like a good way to learn how to post to avoid specific peoples scumdars? I also don't like how defensive Oka is. For me a Townie is completely ok with being lynched as long as it provides a path to winning for town. So I would think a town player would be scum hunting and ignoring most of the stuff sent their way from fellow town player. To me the only time to address other peoples scum reads on me are a quick clarification to any questions/concerns and then move on. Don't bring it up again unless the person's reasons are scummy.
Bolded part feels like an unlikely approach from mafia. FF/Oka reads seem consistent, which feels good.

Tone in the concluding paragraph rings somewhere in the town register. I dislike his paradigmatic approach, but I find it difficult to parse how much of it is playstyle and how much of it is alignment. Gun to head, playstyle.

The way he's positioning himself on Oka feels good.

I continue to townread Iceman yet not feel greatly confident in my townread on Iceman, I guess.
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:32 pm

Post by nancy »

In post 770, OkaPoka wrote:@nancy opinion on defensive tells?
I think tells are things that shouldn't be things.

What do you mean by "defensive tells", specifically, though?
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:33 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

some people, including myself to an extent, feel that being overly defensive is indicative of scum alignment
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:38 pm

Post by nancy »

I have to skip Ficker's walls until I have a little more brainpower, sorry.

Fyi, whenever you want to address something to the mod, bold your text so that there's less chance of the mod missing it, like so:
@Mod
. I don't always read my gamethreads when I'm modding outside of picking out bolded text from players, especially when I am quickly skimming to make a votecount. Other mods have this habit, too.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”