Mini 2018 - American Presidents Mafia (Game Over)

Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2725 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:58 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2721, Bernie Sanders wrote:Would never ordinarily recommend cutting someone doing what TW is this game this much slack but there is a fairly big power shortage here that makes me somewhat wary. doctor wasn't even full but oddnight

Also logically TW should know on some level the risk associated with softing if he is scum but doing it when mom the encryptor was the clear other lynch to him would be just kind of dumb I think (though maybe he's just bad at scum)

neighbouriser is almost negligible in any power sense if town and one that gives neighbourhoods that delayed and nightonly feels like it sucks even compared to neighbourisers im used to
if EP felt scummier here I'd completely ignore the claim altogether WRT pushing or lynching him BTW but he doesn't really stick out besides being kind of unengaged (although maybe that's why it's hard to tell)
Are you saying either there's a 3rd TPR with all of the power or that a 4th is plausible?

I mean if the other 2 mafia are only goons, then 3 seems plausible.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2726 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:59 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2724, Bernie Sanders wrote:btw I remembered from one of the times reading mom iso but
mom-invisibility thing on the surface might seem anti-tell on most surface level but is pretty common to how noobscum and sometimes badscum distance
rvs partnervote is almost infamous as is votepark on partner but dont really push him and sleep off most of other game happenings
So you disagree with my speculation about scumErrant+townTW?
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2727 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:07 pm

Post by Bernie Sanders »

neighbouriser if town offers very little power and almost negligible to setup spec. especially if it cant talk during day (get to talk the night after is also a huge delay in a game like mafia). best case scenario is very rare but if the neighbouriser gets a PR and they both can soulread each other town they can try to roleswap or in other words the neighbouriser can out a result for the PR who could stay safe. extremely, extremely rare.
its as scum OTOH that it has some level as power though because there it can serve well for manipulation and potential to get trust, maybe role and kill
Still feeling the Bern in 2018
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2728 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by Bernie Sanders »

In post 2726, Nauci wrote:
In post 2724, Bernie Sanders wrote:btw I remembered from one of the times reading mom iso but
mom-invisibility thing on the surface might seem anti-tell on most surface level but is pretty common to how noobscum and sometimes badscum distance
rvs partnervote is almost infamous as is votepark on partner but dont really push him and sleep off most of other game happenings
So you disagree with my speculation about scumErrant+townTW?
IDK what's your speculation beyond it's possible (I'm kind of skimming to try to be efficient)
EP scum is possible as in I don't really feel safe townreading him and he's disengaged in general but nothing particularly sticks out or makes me think he's better than cointoss odds
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2729 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:21 pm

Post by Bernie Sanders »

In post 2607, Nauci wrote:24 hours without elaborating on his claim (likely because he didn't find anything to help him make something plausible up?).

These delay tactics. Ugh..
maybe mom-tw-bv came into this game with the infinite time delay to frustrate town to death strategem
the never ending vla the never ending soft and the never ending story catchup
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2730 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by Bernie Sanders »

huh just had a thing wondering if something didn't feel missing/off today and I didnt know what but then realised probably feeling the lack of shoshin presence (:/)
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2731 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:48 pm

Post by Bernie Sanders »

EP who do you think is scum?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2732 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:48 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Bernie
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2733 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:58 pm

Post by Bernie Sanders »

Sorry but think you're actually just scum this time my dude
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2734 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by Bernie Sanders »

Just let it happen
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2735 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:19 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

I'm really not feeling well so content will have to wait for a bit, sorry guys.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2736 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:30 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

I think there's been a bit too much paranoia about my catchup. I don't agree with skitter's assessment of my catchup being non-alignment-indicative. I actually think it very much was. I spent a lot of time (over twenty hours) on it which is something I'd never do as scum. In the game that skitter linked earlier, I made a brief catchup post and after that, never really went back to expand in detail about anything. Because I didn't really care what happened in the game. I obviously think skitter having some paranoia about me being able to do all that as scum is coming from a genuine place. But some people (Nauci and I'll check whoever else said this) have been *very* intent on pushing the "catchup should be disregarded" narrative which makes me think I was onto something there. It's either that or they are worried that if anyone reads too deeply into the catchup, they'll figure out that I'm town and can't discredit me anymore. I also think it's kinda bizarre that Nauci just keeps repeating that she's paranoid of me but never really trying to read me.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2737 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:34 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 2733, Bernie Sanders wrote:Sorry but think you're actually just scum this time my dude
Why would he quickhammer a partner without giving her a chance to claim? I even said that Momra/TheWorst should both claim. I think Not_Mafia could easily just pretend to be offline for a bit longer as opposed to hammer a partner for towncred that he may or may not get.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2738 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:43 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 2722, Nauci wrote:I don't think his analysis has been super AI
This for example doesn't feel at all genuine. I actually think everything I say is alignment-indicative but even from an outside perspective, there's a LOT of content that I posted that you can have an opinion on. Alignment-wise.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2739 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:43 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2711, skitter30 wrote:HURT: duckling

I know this was likely not intended as a vote, but I want to be clear if this was intended to be a vote, it isn't. -brass
nope, not meant to be a vote

probably shouldn't vote him until/unless all this pr stuff is cleared up but i'm scumreading him hard and that's where i'd be voting in the absence of the claim thing, despite the claim thing, and perhaps because of the claim thing, and i wanted to indicate my feelings on the subject

also i'm going to demand that if he plays this waiting game today that he absolutely *must* claim the day before xylo or i will do my damndest to policy lynch him on that day

i do want him to answer lingering questions wrt to his claim nowish tho because it's kinda stalling the gamestate and i think he knows that

(aside, brass, i just want to reiterate that you're legit one of my favorite mods on site and i really appreciate how attentive you are, and how communicative you are with the players :) )

--
In post 2709, Nauci wrote:I think scumEP+townTW is not possible
i'm pretty sure scum!ep + scum!tw isn't a thing

and also pretty sure that scum!ep + town!tw isn't a thing, but not quite as confident as the above

(ie i think that the way ep is approaching this is kinda townie actually)

--

nauci for the record if tw is town i think your scum equity goes up

i'm getting these vibes that you're like looking for reasons to discredit him

i'm very aware that i'm shouting my discontent at the claim right now so this may seem kinda cog-dis-y, but whatever; i think i ought to mention it anyways

i don't really know how to explain what i'm seeing but i'll try; like pings me the bad way; i feel like you're looking for mechanical reasons to find his claim scummy that are based on kinda meh mechanical assumptions that we can't really verify given that it's a closed setup

like we don't know how many pr's there are; if some other town pr existed and claimed i would not consider their very existance a cc to tw given that we don't know what the setup looks like at this time
In post 2720, Nauci wrote:because there's no way there are 4 TPR in a 13p normal I think? I would glare at Brass forever if there were

which I suppose means

no matter what TW's role claim is, if someone CC's TPR at all, then *at least* TW is scum, if not both
like this seems like a bit of a jump to me, 'another claim means we have 4 tprs which means tw is scum', especially since town neighborizer is like a meh role in terms of town power

like the last mini normal i played (mini 1963 i think it was) i think had: scum ninja vs town rb, town detective, town vig, town vanilla cop, and town gunsmith (yeah the ninja basically existed as a red herring i think; it did nothing in that setup)

idk your frustration with tw doesn't feel totally genuine to me overall; i don't know how to explain it better

--
In post 2733, Bernie Sanders wrote:Sorry but think you're actually just scum this time my dude
i feel like mom voting vizzy *probably* doesn't come from scum but i don't want to rule it out because of the rvs-scum-partner-distancing

i don't think nm hammering mom is ai at all whatsoever

@bv: it's def within his town meta to lolhammer when given the opurtunity; and if scum!him thought she was going to get lynched for sure he might have just hammered anyways to be on the wagon
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2740 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:45 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2736, BlackVoid wrote:don't agree with skitter's assessment of my catchup being non-alignment-indicative. I actually think it very much was. I spent a lot of time (over twenty hours) on it which is something I'd never do as scum.
i'm sorry :(

i know you worked pretty hard on it

you're more likely than not town here but i'm in a super paranoid thing where i'm having trouble being comfortable calling people town right now besides for like gustavo
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2741 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:28 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 2739, skitter30 wrote:(aside, brass, i just want to reiterate that you're legit one of my favorite mods on site and i really appreciate how attentive you are, and how communicative you are with the players :) )
actually quoting this for truth even though I haven't read anything else on this page

brass top tier mod
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #2742 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:35 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Srry short responses bc i have very little time and i'm not at home rn
In post 2717, Bernie Sanders wrote:maybe EP and TW just claimed their scum pt as a neighbourhood in the ultimate gambit strat
Ahaha
"What's the title of the neighborhood?"
"Uh..... not american presidents mafia scumtopic"
In post 2721, Bernie Sanders wrote:neighbouriser is almost negligible in any power sense if town and one that gives neighbourhoods that delayed and nightonly feels like it sucks even compared to neighbourisers im used to
Consider also that it's a one-shot role
The small amount of use that it generated in this game is still more than i'd expect it to generate on average, lol
What's your keyser read today
In post 2731, Bernie Sanders wrote:EP who do you think is scum?
This is only working with the potential its betwewn worst and bv today: it would much rather lynch worst than bv working on reads alone but i acknowledge giving a potential town worst an extra day has big merit

Im almost motivated to look into not mafia's scum meta (anyone w more experience in that regard weigh in?)
But i think not taking that into account i think there is a moderate chance he flips town and i'm wrong about a townread

As for the rest skitter and gustavo are my top townreads
Then you
Then nauci
Then keyser and irre
Then bv, independent of all the worst stuff

So my intention is to find a flip between worst and his guilty, then work as best i can with associations and maybe even pr results which would be just dandy
And i get that i've been mostly been treading water today and saying that worst needs to claim his result but its just annoying that what could potentially be the most important piece of info in the game right now is bein withheld from us
In post 2736, BlackVoid wrote:I spent a lot of time (over twenty hours) on it which is something I'd never do as scum
Ey man, regardless of anything game-related, i appreciate that you took the time to do a thorough catchup, thats above and beyond what most replacements do and once again im sorry for interpreting you as being hostile
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #2743 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:37 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Someone who has more experience with the worst, would it be plausible for him to basically claim at the start of today if he had an inno result?
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2744 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:41 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

@errantp, since you're here, a quick question: if you're town with a neighborizer role, don't you think it would be helpful to neighborize your strongest townreads to discuss reads with them privately? What were you hoping to get from neighborizing TheWorst outside of learning his role and why did you want his role anyways?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2745 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:47 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 2739, skitter30 wrote:@bv: it's def within his town meta to lolhammer when given the opurtunity; and if scum!him thought she was going to get lynched for sure he might have just hammered anyways to be on the wagon
That's fair. I could see him hammering to get people to townread him. I'm not ruling him out. I just think it's less likely that he would pass on the chance to get PRs outed.

For reference, here's a game I replaced into where he was scum. It was the old newbie setup. He fake-claimed 1-shot BP. Then based on the reactions to his claim,
he figured out both PRs
and crumbed it for his partner to see. I really think he's a lot smarter than he lets on. That's why I feel like he wouldn't quickhammer in a way that's suboptimal for his team.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2746 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:50 pm

Post by skitter30 »

huh; i vaguely remember reading along that game

ok that's a fair point tbh and i'll give him townpoints for that
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2747 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:51 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2741, the worst wrote:
In post 2739, skitter30 wrote:(aside, brass, i just want to reiterate that you're legit one of my favorite mods on site and i really appreciate how attentive you are, and how communicative you are with the players :) )
actually quoting this for truth even though I haven't read anything else on this page

brass top tier mod
although i agree that we ought to appreciate how awesome brass is

i have no idea how this is the only thing on this page you read
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2748 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:53 pm

Post by the worst »

I kinda scrolled up thinking "o boy here we go again" and the bright red caught my eye so I kinda half flicked through a couple of paragraphs of your post and realised nothing was getting thru my brainfog
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2749 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:57 pm

Post by skitter30 »

well the tldr version as pertains directly to you is that i think you're scummy despite, in spite, and because of your claim

the game's kinda waiting for you to figure out what you're doing here and i think you know that

i think you ought to sort through this now but if you don't i want you to be policied the day before xylo if you're still alive and still doing this

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”