Mini 2018 - American Presidents Mafia (Game Over)

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2750 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:58 pm

Post by the worst »

xylophone
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2751 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:59 pm

Post by the worst »

I'll try and wade thru this eventually prolly this weekend at this rate??
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #2752 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:01 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 2744, BlackVoid wrote:@errantp, since you're here, a quick question: if you're town with a neighborizer role, don't you think it would be helpful to neighborize your strongest townreads to discuss reads with them privately? What were you hoping to get from neighborizing TheWorst outside of learning his role and why did you want his role anyways?
Check my iso i neighborised him n1
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2753 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:01 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i mean i guess if that's the best we're going to get from you ...

i'm going to be v/la this whole weekend so i guess i'll be waiting a while

i feel like i ought to be voting somewhere

VOTE: irrelephant

i think is where i want to go for now
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #2754 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:02 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

The worst sorry if im coming across as harsh and i dont want you to be angry or upset w me or the game
But please understand that where im coming from and how im seeing things it just doesnt make sense why you need to catch up to claim a result
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2755 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:05 pm

Post by skitter30 »

@bv

what do you think of tw/mom/nauci?

i kinda think that nauci's reaction to tw today doesn't feel super genuine to me irregardless of tw's alignment
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2756 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:09 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2757 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:10 pm

Post by skitter30 »

actually skimming through nauci's iso again idk if she makes much sense with mom; she'd have to have bussed her nearly as long as i was pushing her
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2758 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:16 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 2501, the worst wrote:
In post 2500, Keyser Söze wrote:Are you waiting for reactions/players to post TW?
yes, transparently
Whose reaction are you waiting for? Which player are you waiting to post? Are you waiting for me to counter claim?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2759 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:18 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2758, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 2501, the worst wrote:
In post 2500, Keyser Söze wrote:Are you waiting for reactions/players to post TW?
yes, transparently
Whose reaction are you waiting for? Which player are you waiting to post? Are you waiting for me to counter claim?
You?

Or someone?

Huh?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2760 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:19 pm

Post by the worst »

that would be funny
I also can't tell you what I'm waiting for :(
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2761 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:21 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

You said “transparently”.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2762 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:22 pm

Post by the worst »

well yeah lol it's transparent that I'm biding my time

but if I was like "hey brassherald is scum but let's wait to see how he reacts" it'd kinda ruin the fun hey?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2763 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:24 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

Fine, as long as it’s part of the gambit and doesn’t evolve into unnecessary anti-town selfish behaviour.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2764 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:26 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

I'm reading Momrangal's ISO right now so I'll post comments on interactions as I read them.

On TheWorst, I actually think there are some things that point away from him being scum. Like the last sentence of . It seems like Momra caught a crumb from TheWorst and used that as a reason to divert away from him knowing he has a claim up his sleeve to prevent his mislynch. on Bernie - feels like she's trying to set up Bernie for a TheWorst townflip. is another post where Momra picks up on TheWorst's soft claim and it feels genuine enough as not a scum-scum interaction.

I think the vote on Nauci in is pretty odd. I don't know what it says about Nauci's alignment but I'm going to read the context.

I also want to point out that Momra reluctantly backed off of her Invisibility push after Shoshin pushed her hard on it suggests that Not_Mafia is town.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2765 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:31 pm

Post by the worst »

hedonistic at the expensive if the player list?
me?
nevah~ :3
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2766 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:34 pm

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 2764, BlackVoid wrote:I'm reading Momrangal's ISO right now so I'll post comments on interactions as I read them.

On TheWorst, I actually think there are some things that point away from him being scum. Like the last sentence of . It seems like Momra caught a crumb from TheWorst and used that as a reason to divert away from him knowing he has a claim up his sleeve to prevent his mislynch. on Bernie - feels like she's trying to set up Bernie for a TheWorst townflip. is another post where Momra picks up on TheWorst's soft claim and it feels genuine enough as not a scum-scum interaction.

I think the vote on Nauci in is pretty odd. I don't know what it says about Nauci's alignment but I'm going to read the context.

I also want to point out that Momra reluctantly backed off of her Invisibility push after Shoshin pushed her hard on it suggests that Not_Mafia is town.
Yes, there is surprisingly some good evidence for anti-distancing via Momrangel’s posts talking about TW. I came out of reading Mom’s ISO liking TW more :?

The point about Shoshin/Invisibility is interesting. I wish Not Mafia would provide his own reasons for being town though.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2767 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:37 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 2757, skitter30 wrote:actually skimming through nauci's iso again idk if she makes much sense with mom; she'd have to have bussed her nearly as long as i was pushing her
I spent so much of day 1 pushing gamma and got cold feet when his wagon looked weird and he was being active

But momrangal was in my scum pile the whole day

Day 1 I spent a ton of time telling people that all the things Irrelephant was being town read for were in his scum range and he shouldn't get credit for them, but Shoshin was right: they weren't out of his townrange.

But the point of them was that you can't read Irrelephant by effort, or thoughtful sounding questions, or seemingly complex tryhard analysis. You have to read him by his progression: is there a narrative of actions that benefits scum by getting the more active/threatening players lynched? Is he fighting back on clearing those players as town? Or giving some players less attention than others, or using a lot of "this feels weird" language? I think that as the game has progressed his reads have felt more like frustrated town trying to solve the game instead of scum manipulating game state and sow doubt, and like the posts are less immaculately prepared than in our scum game and more like his posts in the town one (taking into account his intentional spelling errors as scum to look more casual).

My biggest thing is that I know he loves scumchat as much as I do and even if he was scum with TW, he would have voted there instead of to take out scum day chat when both were very viable wagons short of TW being some sort of very broken scum role.

It's not the hardest town read but it's a town read. I put it on par with my Keyser read.

I think Gus is letting the soft clear on him make him complacent :<

And the longer TW delays like that the more I'm convinced he's full of shit because this feels like a classic TW pulling shenanigans when his back is up against the wall, or scum trying to bait a town CC. Ugh.

Errant, do you read TW as town for anything other than the breadloafing?

PEdit: BV why on Earth would Momrangal think TW is a PR struggling enough to divert the wagon off of him,
and then shoot at Gustavo
? Unless you have an explanation for why the lack of NK had nothing to do with the doctor and is because of something TW is capable of when he has a supposedly investigative role...
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2768 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:51 pm

Post by the worst »

DID YOU SAY BREAD?!

this may come as a shock to you Nauci but I like pts as well
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Unable to disclose per the terms of my witness protection order.

Post Post #2769 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:47 pm

Post by Gustavo »

In post 2767, Nauci wrote:I think Gus is letting the soft clear on him make him complacent :<
Not true.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2770 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:57 pm

Post by brassherald »

John F. Kennedy is the only President who was Catholic.

Votecount 3.03

the worst (1)
~
Bernie Sanders (1)
~
Irrelephant11 (1)
~

Not Voting (3): BlackVoid, , the worst

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Day 3 deadline is in (expired on 2018-07-27 15:30:00)
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2771 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:36 am

Post by Gustavo »

VOTE: black void

I find it interesting he said he had mom as his top scum read but never votes. He also is seen asking why mom/bernie can’t be town v town. Later he’s talking about mom and the worst. Mom’s wagon already has 4 and He says he’s thinking of voting the worst. Why would he vote the worst over mom who is his top scum read and has the bigger wagon? He then disappeared and we lynched mom.

I saw mom pushing hard early day 1 for nm’s predecessor so for now nm can be left to continue playing against his win condition imo.
Gustavo
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Gustavo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2772 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:39 am

Post by Gustavo »

In post 470, Momrangal wrote:Mathprobtown but I'm probably gonna flip back and forth there
This was also weird. But that’s just me
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2773 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:46 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 2753, skitter30 wrote:i mean i guess if that's the best we're going to get from you ...

i'm going to be v/la this whole weekend so i guess i'll be waiting a while

i feel like i ought to be voting somewhere

VOTE: irrelephant

i think is where i want to go for now
:roll: do tell!

Also you're real paranoid that Nauci is pocketing you but surprisingly certain that BV isn't, and is just town (as indicated by your casual and friendly willingness to go back and forth with ideas and questions this game day). Why is that?

I don't like how BV is defending both NM and tw without voting anybody, and while completely ignoring the worst's implication that he has some sort of result on him. I get the feeling tw is waiting for BV's response and I think his lack of response is actually telling.

Nauci you asked me last game day for BV reads and I've pretty much provided them today, now back to you, how are you feeling about BV and why? Pick a non-null stance if you can please, even if you're not 100% sure about it

pedit: I can and will get on board with that, at least for now. VOTE: blackvoid
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2774 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:03 am

Post by BlackVoid »

I'm defending Not_Mafia for good reasons. You haven't commented on those reasons. You're throwing shade AT the fact that I'm defending him to try to make me look suspicious but haven't actually engaged me on WHY I'm defending him. I'm unsure on TheWorst. I'm still thinking it over. Where did he claim to have a result on me? I'm pretty sure he's not waiting for any response from me. He's never tried to honestly engage me so far besides silly responses like "lol" or "I hate walls."

Why are you continuing to push this "not voting" narrative when I've explained why I'm not voting? Why should I be voting at this time? I haven't decided who I want to lynch. When I do, you'll know. You also claim to have looked through my games (I think? I might have mixed up you and Nauci) but if you look at my most recent completed towngame, you'll see that I didn't vote at all at any point in the game.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”