Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:39 am

Post by Moment »

Right then, I've finally got a chance to sit down and take a look through things. If anyone else is around, feel free to let me know if you want my thoughts on something or if there's something in specific you think I should pay attention to.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:44 am

Post by projectmatt »

do you have reads?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:44 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 301, Ankamius wrote:VOTE: Spiffeh
why are you ignoring my questions?
Purrcocet
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:26 am

Post by Purrcocet »

In post 300, Spiffeh wrote:I appreciate your responsiveness
Don't hurt me
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:33 am

Post by Moment »

In post 303, projectmatt wrote:do you have reads?
Oh, I guess I wasn't really clear in my wording; I didn't mean that I had past-tense "gotten" a chance to look through things, I meant that my chance started right then (and is now completed).

No strong reads as of yet, but I've got some leans going either way. Kokichi, you (matt), Dunnstral, Nancy and
perhaps
Sakura (pending taking a look back at the last game for comparison on something) all seem town enough to me for now. I agree with others on Ankamius' posting just in general not being the best so far, but that's not really a strong scumread at all.

I haven't liked some of what Spiffeh has been saying; specifically, it was these two lines that really stuck out to me:
In post 157, Spiffeh wrote:Nancy, you admit yourself that your early game is inconsistent but when you're wagoned you say that they shouldn't be scum reading you here because of how you acted in the beginning of Necromancer.
In post 202, Spiffeh wrote:Some would argue that there won’t be any meaningful contribution before votes actually count.
The first line from 157 is logically correct, but it's the kind of logically correct thing that someone could point out regardless of alignment, and I feel like a scum Spiffeh would be more apt to take that opportunity to point it out than a town Spiffeh. When it comes to Nancy Drew, that kind of logical inconsistency really doesn't seem particularly alignment relevant - at least, that's how it seems to me - and so pointing it out would be more of an attempt to look like you're doing something than actually doing something.

The second quote really just stuck out to me for the wording. He wasn't making that argument, he was just saying that "some would argue" that. It's weasel wording which, in all honesty, is probably not scum indicative, especially for such a tangentially alignment-related issue as the starting of the day. Even still, it stuck out to me upon reading through and I felt it worth mentioning.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:38 am

Post by Moment »

And despite all those words spent on Spiffeh, I think the best place for my vote is actually on Nosferatu. His series of posts starting at strikes me as forced, and I feel more confident in that actually being scum indicative than any of the other thoughts I've mentioned so far.

I'll also be keeping my eye on Mylo and MariaR.

VOTE: Nosferatu
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:38 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 302, Moment wrote:Right then, I've finally got a chance to sit down and take a look through things. If anyone else is around, feel free to
let me know if you want my thoughts on something
or if there's something in specific you think I should pay attention to.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:41 am

Post by Moment »

In post 308, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 302, Moment wrote:Right then, I've finally got a chance to sit down and take a look through things. If anyone else is around, feel free to
let me know if you want my thoughts on something
or if there's something in specific you think I should pay attention to.
I'm taking a look back at the last game right now, so stay tuned, and I'll say more after. In the meantime, mind elaborating on the whole picture gimmick? Is this something you've just decided to do for fun, or is it a genuine restriction?
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:48 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

I'll get to this soon, I have to do some stuff first though
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:50 am

Post by Moment »

Alright, I think I've seen enough, at least for what I was looking for. While reading I noticed that Sakura really didn't seem all that invested in her scumreads, but it seems that the same thing held true in Minuet's Trio. That being said, even if it's not scum-indicative, that doesn't necessarily make it
town
indicative; where my mild townread comes in is from 282:
In post 282, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 279, zMuffinMan wrote:my new goal is to receive no more than one vote this game

please help me accomplish this goal
no no NO NO NO.
This is literally the kind of posting you like to make as scum
VOTE: muffin
This seems to be a very genuine conviction / reaction. That's it. I can't really come up with much else to describe my thoughts there; it just looks genuine to me.
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:53 am

Post by Moment »

They say that trying to explain your intuition actually destroys it. I wonder - perhaps the less I can explain something I feel, the more I can trust it?

Eh, obviously won't hold true for everything. Might be worth thinking about, though.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:53 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

@moment thoughts on Katsuki. He is playing so very different this game.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:56 am

Post by Moment »

In post 313, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:@moment thoughts on Katsuki. He is playing so very different this game.
Different in what sense?
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:11 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 314, Moment wrote:
In post 313, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:@moment thoughts on Katsuki. He is playing so very different this game.
Different in what sense?
He just posted spam until he suddenly became GOAT in Minuet.

First, there’s this weird dynamic with Mufffin and then he votes me for suspicious sounding reasons without ever scumreading me in approximately the first 8 or so pages. I thought his reaction to Muffin’s Alice posts were kind of overblown.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:19 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 315, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:He just posted spam until he suddenly became GOAT in Minuet.

First, there’s this weird dynamic with Mufffin and then he votes me for suspicious sounding reasons without ever scumreading me in approximately the first 8 or so pages. I thought his reaction to Muffin’s Alice posts were kind of overblown.
I'm failing to see where the "difference" part of what you're saying comes in. Apart from thinking that he had an overblown reaction - a valid reason to scumread someone - none of what you describe seems relevant. As far as I remember the thing with MuffinMan happened in the last game as well, and as for his vote on you; I really doubt it's all that meaningful. I mean, it really is just possible that he scumread you but didn't say anything about it.

I think you really ought to stop trying to scumhunt solely off of people's interactions with yourself. (Remind me to come back to this later.)

------
By the way I see all of you posting in other games. Come chat, why don't you; I'm bored, I've got time right now and I might not have this much time again soon.
Purrcocet
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Purrcocet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:22 pm

Post by Purrcocet »

Nancy Drew is pretty transparent town like it almost hurts
Wouldn't you agree @MeowriaR
You were the first to create this style
You were also the first to create the "pretty transparent town scum" style but I don't know if I've seen you pull that off in a while

agreeing with what Moment is saying about scumreads I think
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 316, Moment wrote:
In post 315, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:He just posted spam until he suddenly became GOAT in Minuet.

I'm failing to see where the "difference" part of what you're saying comes in. Apart from thinking that he had an overblown reaction - a valid reason to scumread someone - none of what you describe seems relevant. As far as I remember the thing with MuffinMan happened in the last game as well, and as for his vote on you; I really doubt it's all that meaningful. I mean, it really is just possible that he scumread you but didn't say anything about it.

I think you really ought to stop trying to scumhunt solely off of people's interactions with yourself. (Remind me to come back to this later.)

------
By the way I see all of you posting in other games. Come chat, why don't you; I'm bored, I've got time right now and I might not have this much time again soon.
But if someone townreads you for similar behaviour in a previous game, should I just ignore that?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:30 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

im approximately 13 pages behind. will read when not busy (probably over weekend though, sorry)
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Moment
Moment
Goon
Moment
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by Moment »

In post 318, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:But if someone townreads you for similar behaviour in a previous game, should I just ignore that?
So, to be clear, you're saying that you find it suspicious that Katsuki scumreads you here when he townread you in Minuet's Trio and you think you've been acting similarly? Well, in the first place having just looked back at Katsuki's ISO in MT I don't actually see him townreading you early on; the exact opposite, in fact.

I don't think it's something you should necessarily ignore, but I think maybe you should just mentally put more distance between the the ideas of what people's reads on you are and what their alignment is. People can be wrong and still town.

I noticed you make a comment seemingly along that exact same fallacious line earlier, and I cringed reading it. It was this:

Spoiler:
In post 258, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 254, Katsuki wrote:
In post 252, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 251, Katsuki wrote:
In post 202, Spiffeh wrote:Some would argue that there won’t be any meaningful contribution before votes actually count.

Also why?
WE CAN FINALLY LYNCH PPL

VOTE: NANCY
Why?
Your PM says you're scum.
No it doesn’t. You’re either lying or trolling here.

------

To be clear, none of this is me townreading Katsuki. I'm just trying to explain that I think that your reasoning for him being scum is flawed.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:44 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 304, projectmatt wrote:
madness is rarely sensical
but madness is the only sanity
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:49 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Posting to state that I shall join muffins in his lurking.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:54 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 320, Moment wrote:
In post 318, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:But if someone townreads you for similar behaviour in a previous game, should I just ignore that?
So, to be clear, you're saying that you find it suspicious that Katsuki scumreads you here when he townread you in Minuet's Trio and you think you've been acting similarly? Well, in the first place having just looked back at Katsuki's ISO in MT I don't actually see him townreading you early on; the exact opposite, in fact.

I don't think it's something you should necessarily ignore, but I think maybe you should just mentally put more distance between the the ideas of what people's reads on you are and what their alignment is. People can be wrong and still town.

I noticed you make a comment seemingly along that exact same fallacious line earlier, and I cringed reading it. It was this:

Spoiler:
In post 258, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 254, Katsuki wrote:
In post 252, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 251, Katsuki wrote:

Also why?
WE CAN FINALLY LYNCH PPL

VOTE: NANCY
Why?
Your PM says you're scum.
No it doesn’t. You’re either lying or trolling here.

------

To be clear, none of this is me townreading Katsuki. I'm just trying to explain that I think that your reasoning for him being scum is flawed.
I didn’t scumread him for the pm thing. It just seemed all of a sudden and I cringed at the word “forced” as well. I know he scumread me in the beginning of Minuet. I was referring to later in the game when he townread me by gameplay. But in addition to the weird Muffin thing, is his playstyle was very different early game in Minuet. He was a lot more laid back at this point in that game. That may be NAI but it pinged me.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 321, Ankamius wrote:
madness is rarely sensical
but madness is the only sanity
im taking this to mean "i don't want to explain my reads or my thought process for a -secret- reason"

strange, but alright

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”