MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:05 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1074, TrinityNZ wrote:
In post 1054, EeveeLution Army wrote:You do realize its 10× better lynching pine than me right?
If i really am jailkeeper(which i am) i can still block scum tonight after pines gone. Its just more logical
Why would you say ‘if I really am a jailkeeper’? Seems strange. Why not just say ‘Because I am a jailkeeper’...?
Because it’s a post meant for other people.

I have used the same wording numerous times as both alignments and I am pretty sure I have done that this game.

Why pick on Evee for it and not me?

And furthermore what if I am right and Evee is fake claiming? If I am the protective ;) Y’all better learn to love the word if for the rest of the day.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:54 am

Post by MafMen »

holy shit its been that long?

sorry im not all here this game
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:30 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1063, LuckyOtter wrote:Eevee's seems more plausible and I don't see Eevee making that counter as scum at that moment.
Are you forgetting that eevee was being run up to be lynched when he claimed that
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:25 pm

Post by LuckyOtter »

I mean, eevee got a couple votes after pine's claim but most of the heat was going to match, no? When I have time I'll check the actual vote count
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:33 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 1078, LuckyOtter wrote:I mean, eevee got a couple votes after pine's claim but most of the heat was going to match, no? When I have time I'll check the actual vote count
He was at L-2, and in fact at the time of the claim I thought it was L-1 until I checked the vote count. They had both picked up an equal number of votes since Pine's claim.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
LuckyOtter
LuckyOtter
Goon
LuckyOtter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:50 pm

Post by LuckyOtter »

Ugh. UNVOTE: til I mull this over but yeah it changes things for me. I didn't realize eevee still had that many votes
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:56 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 1075, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1054, EeveeLution Army wrote:You do realize its 10× better lynching pine than me right?
If i really am jailkeeper(which i am) i can still block scum tonight after pines gone. Its just more logical
Why would you say ‘if I really am a jailkeeper’? Seems strange. Why not just say ‘Because I am a jailkeeper’...?

I have used the same wording numerous times as both alignments and I am pretty sure I have done that this game.

And furthermore what if I am right and Evee is fake claiming? If I am the protective ;) Y’all better learn to love the word if for the rest of the day.
Yes’m I think you are right that Eevee is fake claiming.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:06 pm

Post by MathBlade »

You didn’t answer the question.

Trinity+MafMen+????

Hot tip provided Free of Charge
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
EeveeLution Army
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:26 pm

Post by EeveeLution Army »

The reasoning is a double edged sword.
Town claims when they think they might end up dying too ya know. The number of votes on me before i claimed doesn't particularly show if im scum or not
Show
-Lord Giratina-

-Queen Togekiss-
EeveeLution Army

--Eevee General--
--Jolteon Lieutenant--
--Flareon Private--
--Vaporeon Captain--
--Leafeon Corporal--
--Glaceon Major--
--Espeon Colonel--
--Umbreon Officer--
--Sylveon Sergeant--
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 1082, MathBlade wrote:

You didn’t answer the question.

Trinity+MafMen+????

Hot tip provided Free of Charge
I thought it was a rheotorical question. I haven’t noticed you saying it this way in this game.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by Umlaut »

EeveeLution Army wrote:The reasoning is a double edged sword.
Town claims when they think they might end up dying too ya know. The number of votes on me before i claimed doesn't particularly show if im scum or not
"Town might" is a strange way to talk about your own reasoning, Eevee. Did you in fact claim when you did because you were afraid of being lynched?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:40 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Eevee said they claimed because they "didn't think town was going to lynch pine"

Now they're talking about claiming while afraid of dying and the votes on them not showing if they're scum

Also like I said they were probably the lynch without that claim - I think they're scum who afraid of being lynched once their target claimed doctor decided to counterclaim and then push theory as for why their claim makes sense

VOTE: EeveelutionArmy
EeveeLution Army
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:44 pm

Is that hammer?
Also my role does make sense in this theme smh.
Also cant you have multiple reasons for doing things
Lastly the town might is a general statement not always specified
Show
-Lord Giratina-

-Queen Togekiss-
EeveeLution Army

--Eevee General--
--Jolteon Lieutenant--
--Flareon Private--
--Vaporeon Captain--
--Leafeon Corporal--
--Glaceon Major--
--Espeon Colonel--
--Umbreon Officer--
--Sylveon Sergeant--
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:46 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 1086, Dunnstral wrote:Eevee said they claimed because they "didn't think town was going to lynch pine"

Now they're talking about claiming while afraid of dying and the votes on them not showing if they're scum

Also like I said they were probably the lynch without that claim - I think they're scum who afraid of being lynched once their target claimed doctor decided to counterclaim and then push theory as for why their claim makes sense

DUNN

YOU STOLE MY PUNCHLINE

I wanted him to answer the question first to show a contradiction that he couldn't weasel out of by "explaining" what he really meant by that last post.

Oh well.
Intent
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:50 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1086, Dunnstral wrote:Eevee said they claimed because they "didn't think town was going to lynch pine"

This is stupid

The post by Army is clearly sarcasm.

Trinity saying she doesn’t read my posts is a fucking scum claim

If I die tonight fucking lynch Trinity
GTKAS -- MathBlade
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:12 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 1089, MathBlade wrote:

This is stupid

I have just read all your posts again and still cannot see anywhere were you said this.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Eevee's claim looked like he was making it when he did only because a wagon was building on him. That's a legitimate reason for anyone to claim, and really the only reason that scans for countering not immediately but after you're wagoned. I actually found it surprising when he said it was because "Pine might not get lynched," because that's something you kind of accept will happen when you choose not to counter right away. But when someone says "you only did this to survive" and you didn't, and you're town, you
deny it.
You don't explain why the thing you didn't do isn't a scumtell.

Eevee gave the reason he did before because he thought giving his real reason would reveal his scummy soul. The irony is that his real reason (being wagoned) was fine, and by getting caught in a lie he revealed it anyway.

Now he's saying "People can do things for multiple reasons." Not that he did, but that people can. This is weasel-wording. He means he did it for multiple reasons unless he's called on it, at which point he's not talking about himself, or more likely "not all statements about what people do have to be about me" and he still hasn't committed to a position on anything.

Literally the only way I don't hammer this is if MathBlade makes a hard bodyguard claim in his next post and Eevee retracts his claim in his. And even that's not a guarantee, just something I'll consider.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
TrinityNZ
TrinityNZ
Goon
TrinityNZ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by TrinityNZ »

In post 1063, LuckyOtter wrote:Speaking of Mafmen, he hasn't posted here since Monday, pre-claim business
@Mastina, prod please

If we're deciding between claims, Eevee's seems more plausible and I don't see Eevee making that counter as scum at that moment. Eevee's play does seem scummier but it just feels like a bad move lynching him.

If we're going to let the NK resolve it (which really isn't a bad idea), I have no clue anymore. Trinity keeps giving me bad vibes.
@Trinity
Maybe you didn't see it, but immediately following your Math vote I asked you to explain the basis of it.
--
Math, are you trying to get a hypoclaim going because you think it plausible both Pine and Eevee are lying?
--
Umlaut, most of your argumentation depends on associatives and there are a couple I'm not sure about. Maf's straight up "Pine is town without a doubt" seems pretty bold for a scumpartner, don't you think? If anything, it makes more sense to me if Maf is scum and knows Pine is town, or Maf is town and is just being opaque with his reads (as he seems to like to do, given that he called anyone who suspected you "daft" without explanation until asked for it).

The second problem is the Trinity+Eevee combo. Trinity was scumreading Pine, then after Eevee's counterclaim, scum!Trinity would have been able to sit on a Pine vote and stay out of the way and get the mislynch. Instead, scum!Trinity busses her partner who just counterclaimed? It seems equally plausible (or implausible) that scum!Trinity could have been trying to bus scum!Pine who appeared to be going down, then took the opportunity to change her mind as soon as Pine claimed (which she might have known he would do anyway). Following Eevee's counter, Trinity decides to believe Pine over Eevee, for pretty underwhelming reasons.

So I don't know. Sticking to Pine for now.
OK, so Otter I’ve been going backwards and forwards on MathBlade. I didn’t like him at first because he’d pushed really hard on Fuzzy, who turned out to be town, and I thought he’d been pretty instrumental in that mislynch. His posts have been cavalier and rude at times, and I asked him a few questions that he never bothered to answer. He has also tried to say I haven’t been reading posts, when I have. So I was finding him pretty tiresome and conflating that to mean he must be mafia. But, having done an ISO and reading all the posts at once, I think he has been scum hunting pretty hard, and I understand his reads on me, as I don’t tend to do the most in-depth posting, which leaves me open to being read as scum I guess. So I’m currently reading him as town, and am still all for lynching Eevee.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:48 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1090, TrinityNZ wrote:
In post 1089, MathBlade wrote:

This is stupid

I have just read all your posts again and still cannot see anywhere were you said this.
In post 1092, TrinityNZ wrote:
In post 1063, LuckyOtter wrote:Speaking of Mafmen, he hasn't posted here since Monday, pre-claim business
@Mastina, prod please

If we're deciding between claims, Eevee's seems more plausible and I don't see Eevee making that counter as scum at that moment. Eevee's play does seem scummier but it just feels like a bad move lynching him.

If we're going to let the NK resolve it (which really isn't a bad idea), I have no clue anymore. Trinity keeps giving me bad vibes.
@Trinity
Maybe you didn't see it, but immediately following your Math vote I asked you to explain the basis of it.
--
Math, are you trying to get a hypoclaim going because you think it plausible both Pine and Eevee are lying?
--
Umlaut, most of your argumentation depends on associatives and there are a couple I'm not sure about. Maf's straight up "Pine is town without a doubt" seems pretty bold for a scumpartner, don't you think? If anything, it makes more sense to me if Maf is scum and knows Pine is town, or Maf is town and is just being opaque with his reads (as he seems to like to do, given that he called anyone who suspected you "daft" without explanation until asked for it).

The second problem is the Trinity+Eevee combo. Trinity was scumreading Pine, then after Eevee's counterclaim, scum!Trinity would have been able to sit on a Pine vote and stay out of the way and get the mislynch. Instead, scum!Trinity busses her partner who just counterclaimed? It seems equally plausible (or implausible) that scum!Trinity could have been trying to bus scum!Pine who appeared to be going down, then took the opportunity to change her mind as soon as Pine claimed (which she might have known he would do anyway). Following Eevee's counter, Trinity decides to believe Pine over Eevee, for pretty underwhelming reasons.

So I don't know. Sticking to Pine for now.
OK, so Otter I’ve been going backwards and forwards on MathBlade. I didn’t like him at first because he’d pushed really hard on Fuzzy, who turned out to be town, and I thought he’d been pretty instrumental in that mislynch. His posts have been cavalier and rude at times, and I asked him a few questions that he never bothered to answer. He has also tried to say I haven’t been reading posts, when I have. So I was finding him pretty tiresome and conflating that to mean he must be mafia. But, having done an ISO and reading all the posts at once, I think he has been scum hunting pretty hard, and I understand his reads on me, as I don’t tend to do the most in-depth posting, which leaves me open to being read as scum I guess. So I’m currently reading him as town, and am still all for lynching Eevee.
Then you’re not reading Trinity or you’re scum

The past few pages have been nothing but

“if I am X”
“Someone might fake claim”
And I highly doubt you read all of my posts again unless you read greater than 200 WPM and if you did good luck on actually comprehending that shit, if anyone cares I can do the math later

@Umlaut
If I am a bodyguard that would be dumb as nails to do because that just ensures me as the NK and my top townread of the two gets lynched.

Scum want to remove a PR role today. Lynching in that only helps scum.

If I am the bodyguard then scum will have to kill me eventually, me Pine Army endgame just doesn’t happen
If I am not the bodyguard and we lynch Pine scum, scum kill Army as they have no choice unless they shoot me thinking I am giving Army an extra night.
If I am not the bodyguard and we lynch Army scum, scum kill Pine as they have no choice unless they shoot me thinking I am giving Pine an extra night.
This means scum KNOW they have to decide the wifom now else risk a conf Town tomorrow.

This also means if we lynch the scum right today and I am not the bodyguard scenario in the Pine town scenario no more saved kills. Army then has to guess who is actually going to shoot.

By forcing this to be open if you don’t think I am the bodyguard then you force scum to reveal to use who in Pine and Army is likely scum AND make sure the protective has a chance to save a kill.

If you think I am the bodyguard then please listen to your one PR role when they tell you to back off.

Scum are going to want to get rid of the PR. The proper play is always to force scum to NK PRs.

If you townread me trust me on this.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:22 pm

Post by Wisdom »

daily reminder eevee is flipping town
MafMen
MafMen
Mafia Scum
MafMen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:31 pm

Post by MafMen »

i might replace out

but i hate to do such when im a replacement myself
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:35 pm

Post by Wisdom »

don't worry about that, just replace out if you think you can't play
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:08 am

Post by Pine »

Hi friends. I have been V/LA for a couple of days and will continue to be until tomorrow evening.

I feel my case regarding Eevee vs myself is solid and speaks for itself. The prosecution rests.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
EeveeLution Army
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
EeveeLution Army
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:49 am

Im sorry what? You're like the only person without a good case on me lol?
Show
-Lord Giratina-

-Queen Togekiss-
EeveeLution Army

--Eevee General--
--Jolteon Lieutenant--
--Flareon Private--
--Vaporeon Captain--
--Leafeon Corporal--
--Glaceon Major--
--Espeon Colonel--
--Umbreon Officer--
--Sylveon Sergeant--
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:51 am

Post by Pine »

Your blatant cognitive dissonance is enough case for anyone imo.

The best case there though is checking my role PM and seeing mod confirmation that you're a lying scumfuck who lies like a lying liar.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”