Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:51 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2314, Ankamius wrote:FA is obvtown to me mostly based on how she handled the leader mechanic

I'll go into it more later on
1. She argued for keeping teammates hidden D1 and claiming them D2 before I entered the game and argued the same thing
2. Despite the amount of fire I was under towards the end of D1, she decided to give me a power anyways
3. Her teammate choices in general are very town (myself, Toranaga, Cerberus v666, Nancy Drew 39, Shiro)

Plus I think that if Titus does end up flipping town this game, that by itself is enough to conftown her via associations. It makes no sense for Titus to push really suboptimal setup stuff if her teammate, who was pushed into the leader spot, was just going to talk it down and do the correct option instead.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:51 pm

Post by Ankamius »

if Titus does end up flipping
scum
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:52 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2272, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 2246, Drixx wrote:
In post 2156, zMuffinMan wrote:they barely interacted (except insofar as numbers quoted him in his first post and later drixx mentioned something about my point on numbers reads list that didnt make much sense and never amounted to anything). nothing to do with numbers really - just most of the active players are probably town and there's scum hiding in the lurkers with zero content
Outright lie by Muffin here. I complimented the point about numbers reads list and how the way it was "balanced" didn't look right.
where's the vote my guy
you think muffin is scum with titus and sando?
In post 2251, Kokichi Oma wrote:This is literally the least I've ever done in a game. Someone who should be scumreading right now could be maf. I'll go check reads in w bit
You could have legit wrote this in hieroglyphics and it would've made more sense.
In post 2254, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2248, Myloninja13 wrote:#Prodge lol.
Do you have any actual thoughts about the current gamestate?
this is a redundant question
if he did would he be prodging so blatantly?
In post 2268, Nancy Drew 39 wrote: I was Mr. Mime, if you care.
honestly i always thought your name was some kind of 39 clues reference and i expected some sort of reference back to it on your MU name.
In post 2262, Gamma Emerald wrote:Wait my BS sensors have picked something up
People are suspecting Drixx for being low activity right? From what I recall he generally posts more when there's someone who's relying on him (hydra mate or scumteam, e.g.). So lower activity is probably more towntelling for him.
i dont think anyone is scumreading him for that.
I asked Mylo that question because I don’t like seeing players just coast in the game.
My name is both the name of an ND mystery novel and a Hitchcock film called, “The 39 Steps”. I randed the Mr. Mime nic in anonymous Pokemon Mafia game. It had really cool mechnics involving scum impersonating villas and taking over their accounts.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:53 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2324, Sakura Hana wrote:I'm not 100% it's a 1v1, but, muffin mentioned 3 ppl (including titus and drixx, forgot the 3rd) that should be looked at today regardless of what Numbers flipped, Drixx later today comes and says that muffin is scum, and muffin says that he remembered that drixx is scum and drixx proceeds to call it OMGUS, even tho muffin had already said previously he had suspicions of drixx.
Then slow down and provide posts please. It would help me greatly to read you and Katsuki and I am leaning towards one or both of you being scum based on the first setup post with blank role PMs.

I could easily see Katsuki claiming a guilty on a buddy assuming Titus was already scumread for cred. She had pulled that scenario with RC before if memory serves.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:53 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2273, the worst wrote:
In post 2268, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2266, the worst wrote:
In post 2263, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2239, the worst wrote:like his diminishing read of zMuffin is #same
his vote on Nico happened when I had a scum!rep out ping
the giraffe memeposting d1 is exactly how I felt about the gamestate

idk just warm fuzzy feels
Perhaps NAI but you should really ISO Chansey/bearsqared in MU Ditto game, to counter the town “fuzzy feels” argument.
I'll give it a read but the things that have pinged me here have been very timing oriented--actually any chance you could throw me a link? :)

where are your reads at atm?
https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... tto/page11

I was Mr. Mime, if you care.

Well, I think FA, Tor, Muffin, Ank, you are probably town. Do you agree?
FA I'm not sold on but I think so
Tor hells yes
Ank....... maybe yes
Mufflez no
Why is Muffin not town?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:54 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 2305, Titus wrote:
In post 2293, Ankamius wrote:Because Titus is strongly spewed scum and there are very strong powers available for scum today.
This again. I was right d1 about scum voting Frozen. I get the votes aren't there to support me being a town pick but it's what town should have done.

*shrug*

By the way, pro tip, if you want me to actually trust your townblock, you might try to trust in the theoretical possibility I am town.

Right now, I am leaning towards Frozen and Drixx for powers but I know Drixx is controversial.
One scum vote for the leader is not indicative. I told you multiple times that scum likely voted naturally to hide since manipulating who is the leader has very little use on day one.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:57 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2325, Ankamius wrote:
In post 2314, Ankamius wrote:FA is obvtown to me mostly based on how she handled the leader mechanic

1. She argued for keeping teammates hidden D1 and claiming them D2 before I entered the game and argued the same thing
2. Despite the amount of fire I was under towards the end of D1, she decided to give me a power anyways
3. Her teammate choices in general are very town (myself, Toranaga, Cerberus v666, Nancy Drew 39, Shiro)

Plus I think that if Titus does end up flipping scum this game, that by itself is enough to conftown her via associations. It makes no sense for Titus to push really suboptimal setup stuff if her teammate, who was pushed into the leader spot, was just going to talk it down and do the correct option instead.
If Titus flips scum don’t assume anything doesn’t make sense. It’s Titus. In the game where she and I were scum together she intentionally had me argue with her because we were known to spat. She knows what is expected of her. That imho is the entirely wrong way to read Titus. If she is scum as I think she is it’s best to ask why she did certain things.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:59 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2328, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2324, Sakura Hana wrote:I'm not 100% it's a 1v1, but, muffin mentioned 3 ppl (including titus and drixx, forgot the 3rd) that should be looked at today regardless of what Numbers flipped, Drixx later today comes and says that muffin is scum, and muffin says that he remembered that drixx is scum and drixx proceeds to call it OMGUS, even tho muffin had already said previously he had suspicions of drixx.
Then slow down and provide posts please. It would help me greatly to read you and Katsuki and I am leaning towards one or both of you being scum based on the first setup post with blank role PMs.

I could easily see Katsuki claiming a guilty on a buddy assuming Titus was already scumread for cred. She had pulled that scenario with RC before if memory serves.
RadiantCowbells, right? Did he claim a fake guilty on a scum and won town the game? I think this was said in Minuet game iirc?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:59 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Math

Do you really think Titus would push for something that would get her a metric fuckton of heat in a playerlist that is competent enough to veto that just for the sake of theater between herself and the scum that was made leader for day one
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:02 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2331, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2325, Ankamius wrote:

Plus I think that if Titus does end up flipping scum this game, that by itself is enough to conftown her via associations. It makes no sense for Titus to push really suboptimal setup stuff if her teammate, who was pushed into the leader spot, was just going to talk it down and do the correct option instead.
If Titus flips scum don’t assume anything doesn’t make sense. It’s Titus. In the game where she and I were scum together she intentionally had me argue with her because we were known to spat. She knows what is expected of her. That imho is the entirely wrong way to read Titus. If she is scum as I think she is it’s best to ask why she did certain things.
What sort of things?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:04 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2332, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2328, MathBlade wrote:

RadiantCowbells, right? Did he claim a fake guilty on a scum and won town the game? I think this was said in Minuet game iirc?
It was some sort of cops open. I will have to look it up later tonight when the thread isn’t as active. RC is RadiantCowbells Yes.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:08 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2333, Ankamius wrote:Math

Do you really think Titus would push for something that would get her a metric fuckton of heat in a playerlist that is competent enough to veto that just for the sake of theater between herself and the scum that was made leader for day one
Titus has a really large “I can do anything” as scum.

With her buddy numbers taking heat I could easily see her trying to fake moonlogic to get townread. What really matters is context. Especially if she knew she would be shot down it would be noise. I have seen many a scum (myself included) suggest something stupid and people buy it.

I had an open once where I was tunneling my buddy so hard people never lynched the slot and it was a clean sweep despite him being obvious. The dead thread kinda was really disappointed in town afterwards.

It’s always why did Titus say/do things at that moment then build a plan from that. Not look this is how scum is traditionally played
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:15 pm

Post by MathBlade »

GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:20 pm

Post by MathBlade »

viewtopic.php?p=9329900#p9329900

This is a very true thing and anyone knowing Titus should suspect her immediately if she hammers anyone like ever.

The concrete action of hammering is what to look at. “Not oh everyone scumread her so it is fine”

So I really need to read Titus in depth. The concrete values to look at are where to start with her. Start from facts and go back. Not from “good” scum play. That is subjective.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:33 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

That link is frreaking hillarious. Dreal is one mod, whose games I will never sign up for again.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:37 pm

Post by MathBlade »

viewtopic.php?p=9136550#p9136550

Dreal was a player that game.

And btw this is the game I was remembering Ank. Titus guilties RC Not RC guilties Titus

And the first question was why would Titus be so damn suicidal.

And Titus and RC were scum together.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:51 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 2328, MathBlade wrote:Then slow down and provide posts please.
and read downwards.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:52 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 2328, MathBlade wrote:It would help me greatly to read you and Katsuki and I am leaning towards one or both of you being scum based on the first setup post with blank role PMs.
Can you please not assume things you dont know about the setup?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:56 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Sample PM's

Hello
FakeGod
, you are an
Aspiring Hero
. You begin the game with no abilities. You win when all the
Aspiring Villains
have been eliminated. Please respond to me with confirmation of your alignment and your vote for the game's first Leader (you may not vote for yourself).

Hello
Brian Skies
, you are an
Aspiring Villain
. Your teammates are
Winter Skies
Sprinkled Delight
Red Gyarados
, and
Democracy
. Your factional PT is located here. You win when your faction achieves parity with the
Aspiring Heroes
or nothing can stop this from happening. Please respond to me with confirmation of your alignment and your vote for the game's first Leader (you may not vote for yourself).
[/area][/quote]

?? I am not ?? (Confused??)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:59 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2341, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 2328, MathBlade wrote:Then slow down and provide posts please.
and read downwards.
I need a beer. Gonna read this here in a sec with some Bugles. This is manageable.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:59 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

yeah everyone begins with no superpowers, that much is clear, doesnt mean i didnt begin the game confirmed town with another player.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:12 pm

Post by Drixx »

Math being in game almost makes up for Cerb getting killed out so fast.

Hi math. Please explain to people who lack objectivity that Drixx plays exactly as much as Drixx has time to play, regardless of his assigned role in a game. Because seriously the only argument I've seen against me is that I was low content in day one and like ... I had a posted V/LA for a large chunk of it. Of course I was low content. Duh.

Also ... I maintain that if I point out something that someone is doing which is bad play and harmful to the gamestate, and they choose as their response
solely
to quote me and say that I'm scum, then their reaction is a form of OMGUS. It's not relevant if they previously said "Drixx is lurking and I think he's scum". What's relevant is that instead of engaging with the substance of what I was saying, there was an "oh my god you suck/{are} scum" response instead.

That there is some tenuous ass threads to be trying to rope me on. Especially coming from people who know better than to push the shit they're pushing.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:14 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 2346, Drixx wrote:Especially coming from people who know better than to push the shit they're pushing.
Like who?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:23 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 2347, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 2346, Drixx wrote:Especially coming from people who know better than to push the shit they're pushing.
Like who?
Like almost this entire playlist knows me fairly well. Certainly well enough in most cases to know that "Activity is disconnected from alignment" is absolutely 100% the case with me. You can find both high and low activity games as literally any role or alignment I've ever had. It literally all comes down to what's going on in my life and how much time I can commit to this site, which is the only place I play forum mafia.

The only real "difference", per se, would be some changes in my life since I moved 8 months ago. I have more time tied up on a regular basis that used to be pretty much always time where mafia could fit. Explicitly:

1.) Involved in the local church music ministry. I teach and help run the handbell choir and just recently agreed to play bass guitar for services. That most recent has added Sunday evenings and Wednesday evenings to my time away from the computer, as well as whenever practices get held, which tends to be afternoon Sunday so now I've got Handbells followed by choir followed by band on Sundays. Pretty much has made Sunday kaput (and that's before my Adventurer's league table I run in the evening at the local game shop).

2.) Wife and I both have gotten involved in the local tabletop scene playing M:TG, Star Trek: Attack Wing, D&D and L5R, along with a variety of board games. That means usually Tuesday and/or Saturday I am checking in on the phone between turns or between rounds of a draft tournament or something.

But still ... activity never has and never will tell you anything other than how busy my life is. I think it's shit play to alter engagement based upon alignment. It borders on outright trust telling in my view. If someone can just tell that I'm one alignment or the other based upon how much I post, then I have ceased to provide any challenge or value to the game. (Setting aside whether I provide that much to begin with).
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

I dont think muffin ever pushes people based on their activity, so I dunno why you keep saying activity isnt a tell for you, unless you're saying Gamma's wrong for saying your low activity is indicative of you town.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”