Open 726 - Revenge of the Vengeful (Endgame)

IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:58 am

Post by IcemanCh »

Hey guyz. Checking in. I'm currently driving straight from Utah to.South Carolina with no stops...... so I'm a bit tired.

With that being said I think I might be able to slightly clear the clouds from my head.

I'm torn. I want to vote RC cause he's a turd but I also want to vote Trinity cause I just done playing a game with them and it seems like a good idea..... what to do.

VOTE: RC
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:25 am

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 77, Rei wrote:
In post 49, Oath wrote:Hmmmmm sup guys
sup
any comment so far?
In post 48, TrinityNZ wrote:
In post 45, Rei wrote:Her vote on NM seems a bit empty
I don't see her posting anything else either
trying to get her to engage more I guess
I looked through the list of names and thought the person who named themselves ‘Not_Mafia’ was asking for a vote. So, a random vote.

I’m probably on a different timeline to most of you (it’s evening for me here), so may not be able to post when you’re all at your most active. I usually wake up in the morning to a whole lot of posts, which I can’t do anything about until evening, because (a) I’m too busy in the morning just getting to work and (b) this site is blocked at work. So, you probably won’t hear much from me until evenings my time.

And I’m still getting to grips with how to play this game, so probably won’t post prolifically :)
I see. It's alright if you have different timezones, just make sure you leave your opinion when you're online
In post 56, IcemanCh wrote:Hey guyz. Checking in. I'm currently driving straight from Utah to.South Carolina with no stops...... so I'm a bit tired.

With that being said I think I might be able to slightly clear the clouds from my head.

I'm torn. I want to vote RC cause he's a turd but I also want to vote Trinity cause I just done playing a game with them and it seems like a good idea..... what to do.

Can you clarify the trinity part? Why does it seem like a good idea?
And what made you go with RC over trinity afterall
It was an RVS vote and I was giving Trinity a hard time. :)
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:26 am

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 82, RadiantCowbells wrote:It was a very strange vote on me
You're a turd.... thought that was self explanatory?
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #3) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:54 am

Post by IcemanCh »

Sorry, all for being AFK for so long. I was traveling back from Utah when the game started, was more tired then I thought when I got back, and had a butt load of work to catch up on.

Anyways, I'm here now and ready to kill us some scum.

So far here are my reads.

TrinityNZ - very very small town lean. She's been kind of quiet compared to other games which is a concern to me. However, I've seen her scum play and so far nothing reminds me of it. So I'm giving a very small town lean.
Not_Mafia - Mostly neutral small scum lean. Not really enough to go off of. Seems to be sitting back and watching. Not a total lean towards scum but, I prefer to push non-content providers towards the scum side.
RadiantCowbells - lean town - I like the logic behind the venge kills and who to lynch. It makes sense if we want to avoid scum getting venge kills.
Rei - Nuetral - I want more information about why certain things seemed so important in what was an obvious RVS vote. I'll ask in a follow up post.
Oath - Solid Scum - 1 post a day with Zero content. Needs to turn that around quick.
Marshmallow Marshall - scum lean - I hate the opening and I don't like the Post #31. I think most of MMs content has been empty with a few solid contributing posts.
Almost50 - Mostly neutral small scum lean. Same boat as NM.
Enigma - town lean - Good question, good content, good interactions. I'm liking Enigma for town.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #4) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:58 am

Post by IcemanCh »

So this is my first veng kill game. Right not I feel a pretty solid read on Oath as being scum. So the questions I have are below.

1. Do we lynch like a normal game? RC kind of suggested that we do not do this and we lynch the next scummiest person.
2. How do we push someone to get more solid reads based on my first question? Do we just assume they are scum and pressure the second scummiest? That way if the second scummiest flips town they have a scum target they can hit for sure?

Sorry, the lynch dynamics in this game setup are just different and I'm trying to get a grasp of them.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:02 am

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 77, Rei wrote:
In post 56, IcemanCh wrote:Hey guyz. Checking in. I'm currently driving straight from Utah to.South Carolina with no stops...... so I'm a bit tired.

It was an RVS vote and opener. I've played with trinity in the past and was just saying HI I SEE YOU. Same thing with RC but, that game was a toxic drama fest so.... I called him a turd and voted him.

Why does it strike you as odd that I would post this? Seems a weird thing to latch on to but, several people did.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:20 am

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 186, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 181, IcemanCh wrote:
In post 77, Rei wrote:

It was an RVS vote and opener. I've played with trinity in the past and was just saying HI I SEE YOU. Same thing with RC but, that game was a toxic drama fest so.... I called him a turd and voted him.

Why does it strike you as odd that I would post this? Seems a weird thing to latch on to but, several people did.
For me, it is somehow a "fake confusion" from you. Idk, it doesn't feel genuine, natural.
Of course it's not genuine/natural it's an RVS vote. It's completely contrived and pulled out of one's butt.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:34 am

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 193, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:Right now, I have doubts on N_M. He actually contributed, which is against his town meta... I've never seen him play scum, but does someone know if he acts more contributive as town or scum, or if it's NAI?

He contributed? Did I miss it?
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:39 am

Post by IcemanCh »

VOTE: Oath

If we are not using any strategy to votes/veng kills then I think we need to put pressure on Oath. Only three posts and zero content.

@Oath what are your reads? What do you think of the current game state?
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #9) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:23 pm

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 196, RadiantCowbells wrote:Why oath over NM?
It's going to seem shallow...... but post count.

They are pretty much equal as far as how I'm reading them.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (isolation #10) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:44 am

Post by IcemanCh »

N_M and Oath are both pretty equal in my mind. I'll put him at L-1.

VOTE: N_M

We"ve asked them both for input/contribution and got nothing.

I can't see anything town when there is a complete lack of content. Although it is an odd scum play to be honest....
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #11) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:06 am

Post by IcemanCh »

Sort of lost here with the whole venge kill thing.

Every person who gets lynched gets to kill someone.

If we lynch mafia then they get two kills? Their night kill plus the venge? Does this mean that if we lynch mafia they can then kill two of us?

If we lynch town then they get a venge kill and mafia gets one night kill. So the town that was lynched would try to hit the scummiest and get a scum?

Is that the reason we dont want to lynch the scummiest? Because that would give them two kills?

Kind of lost here. You all said to vote like it's a normal game but now I'm second guessing that.

UNVOTE:

For now until I can figure this out. Oath and NM are top of my list as possible scum. They need to be pressured somehow. Give us a read or something.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #12) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:58 am

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 251, Enigma wrote:Mafia don't get night kill this is nightless.
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... e_Vengeful

3 scum : 6 town

Worst case scenario example
Day 1: Mislynch Town, Miss Vengekill = 3:4
Day 2: Mislynch Town, Must get Vengekill or 3:2 (Scum wins)

Ooooohhhhhhh

So.... we either lynch a scum and lose a town like normal or we mislynch and hope that the mislynch lands a venge kill on a scum.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #13) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:12 pm

Post by IcemanCh »

I mean..... town wins together so it would be dumb to do your own thing.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (isolation #14) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:45 am

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 265, Oath wrote:I like Enigma
I don't like Ice - I genuinely do not feel like understanding how this game works is that hard

I'd go Rei/Ice/Marsh possible scum team

I don't like you either. :(

It's not that it's hard I just wanted a bit of clarification around the entire venge kill mechanic. I was assuming there was still a NK. But, I get it now.

Anyways, I'm rereading through everything to redo my reads.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #15) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by IcemanCh »

I'm reading to catch up. Been busy at work. Give me a few and I'll get through my reads.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #16) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:47 pm

Post by IcemanCh »

Well that didn't take long lol. Here is my reads and where I"m currently at.

Rei - Town - Pretty obvious.
RadiantCowbells - Slight Town - Good content and reads on everyone. Fairly consistent in his position.
Enigma - Slight Town - Has a lot of posts but honestly not a lot of content. I suspect town but, there's just not much to go on.
MarshMallow - Nuetral - A TON of content. Almost to much. Seems to be putting a show. Lots of posting, postulating, and moving about but not much productivity. I'm skeptical of town but, that might just be the cynic in me getting in the way. It just seems to be over the top.
Almost 50 - Nuetral - I want to lean town but, the confusion seems fake. Giving the benefit of the doubt and shoving the cynic aside I'm going to say Nuetral for now.
TrinityNZ - Scum Lean - I've seen her other games. Kind of all over the place when she's on her own. She seems slightly more together in this game. I'm wondering if it's because of being coached in the background.
Not_Mafia - Scum - Zero content. At this point has to be scum. Can't figure out any reason for the absolute radio silence.
Oath - Scum - Same as NM
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #17) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 267, TrinityNZ wrote:
In post 212, RadiantCowbells wrote:ehh

for the record I just got annoyed that you were voting for oath and knee jerk called you scum, after review I tentatively think that you're town. you need to do more though.

can you give me like a readslist with reasons?
Oath - scumlean, has pretty much done zilch so far.
Marshmallow Marshall - townlean. Seems pretty engaged, his posts are a bit too arrogant for him to be wanting to draw attention to himself as scum.
Radiant Cowbells, IceMan, Enigma, Rei - null - they seem to be engaged and strategising, but I don’t have any real reasons at this point to go one way or the other.
Not_Mafia - scumlean - lack of posts does not seem very townish.
Almost50- scumlean - again, not engaging.

My I'm misunderstanding this but, why defend oath and then call him scum? Seems odd to me. Also, you only have one town read so far? If I wasn't convinced that scum is Oath and N_M I would say that it's you MM and Oath based on this post.

I'm voting to put you at L-1

VOTE: Trinity

I think you're definitely one of our scum.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #18) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:53 pm

Post by IcemanCh »

Uggg... /facepalm totally messed that up. The quote is from RC. Makes way more sense.

I'm still convinced you're scum though. You seem much more collected then any of the other games I've played with you. That's got to be a day chat helping you out.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #19) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:51 pm

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 289, Not_Mafia wrote:I'm town

Oh geez... You're right you are town. I'm totally convinced now. :)
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #20) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 292, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 291, IcemanCh wrote:
In post 289, Not_Mafia wrote:I'm town

Oh geez... You're right you are town. I'm totally convinced now. :)
Thanks

So why RC? Why are you scum reading him.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (isolation #21) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:54 am

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 344, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
In post 341, Oath wrote:Nah my venge kill is most definitely on Marshmallow. Granted, I still haven't done my re-read. But my gut hates that guy.
:facepalm: VOTE: Trinity stick to this plan then. Sorry but I don't like dying :cry:

Hey guys. Been super busy at work. Posting when I can. I've been keeping up on reading and I find this to be..... a bad post. :(

I agree with A50s plan. I'm not sure that I see much downside to it. I'm not sure how things stack up now though and want to just make sure we're on the right path. I suspect Trinity but, I think I'm starting to suspect MM more. Worst thing we could do is lose two townies.

UNVOTE:

I'll replace my vote later today after I've looked at a few things.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (isolation #22) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:59 am

Post by IcemanCh »

@trinity All you need to say is that you'll venge MM and he'll no longer want to lynch. Wierd right?
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (isolation #23) » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:01 am

Post by IcemanCh »

VOTE: Trinity

I still think this makes sense. Even after a reread.

I'd also say that in the bad event that you end up town you should take out MM, or N_M. There's too much obv scum there.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #24) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:58 am

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 363, TrinityNZ wrote:
In post 359, Enigma wrote:To be honest, players like N_M for me are lynch bait post-D1. If he is town, he generally has good reads ... once you get over his terrible and awful style of communication.

If we realise we can't read him further into the game, we lynch/venge him.
He has done hardly anything this game so far, what makes you think he’ll change in D2? I think we should get rid of him now, as he’s either (1) scum or (2) of no use.

He's done exactly zero. He's either scum or anti-town. Leave the active contributing town players here.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (isolation #25) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:09 am

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 376, Not_Mafia wrote:I’m town

I can tell.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #26) » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by IcemanCh »

We really going to do this?

VOTE: Oath
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (isolation #27) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:14 am

Post by IcemanCh »

I still have a scum lean for trinity. I was surprised that I was wrong about Oath and N_M. Kind shakes my reads a bit.

I like the idea of lynching her since I think there's a good chance she's scum but, I don't like the Rei venge. I'm not sure that I have a scum read on Rei and it would suck to lose two town.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (isolation #28) » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:57 am

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 436, Not_Mafia wrote:RC was obvscum

How does a cow have horns and udders...... doesnt' make sense.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (isolation #29) » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:29 am

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 487, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:VOTE: Rei Really Trinity...... GFRGSGDAFSFADBDBAD - no, this means nothing, once again.

Get Rei down. Or vote me and I will do what should've been done by *cough* someone *cough*, which is vengekill Rei.

Town really is scum's best weapon ;-;

You want us to vote Rei? Why?
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (isolation #30) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:36 am

Post by IcemanCh »

OH that's too funny. The one guy leading town around and trying to control the way town is running decides to vote me when I push back a bit. HA.

That's ok. I'm convinced that MM is the scum. Lynch me and I'll get the scum menace.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (isolation #31) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:31 am

Post by IcemanCh »

In post 500, Marshmallow Marshall wrote:By the way, should I self vote?

This seems like scum trying to look town..... or in the off chance no one see's it that way a scum trying to get control of the NK.
IcemanCh
IcemanCh
Goon
IcemanCh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (isolation #32) » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:47 am

Post by IcemanCh »

VOTE: Iceman

Return to “Completed Open Games”