Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3050 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Having too many scumreads isn't that indicative unless there's something else that makes it necessarily scummy.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3051 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:31 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1368, 123456789 wrote:
In post 1176, Ankamius wrote:
In post 271, Cerberus v666 wrote:I'm pretty sure purely random out of 5/22 is almost guaranteed to wind up with a scum. Purely random with a smaller number of people selected *might* be optimal, but really, I think that's a silly line to take.
THANK YOU

Titus + Nancy are scummy as fuck for pushing that randomize-PRs suggestion and justification.

I really want to flip Titus now; at the very least, FA would be heavily spewed as town from it if she flips scum since that is absolutely not a SvS interaction.
But do you have a method that is *guaranteed* to have a lower chance of including scum? (Eh, let’s say 95% confident because guarantees are like non-existent in this game.)
In post 1179, Ankamius wrote:
@Mod: Is Impenetrable skin usable all the way through the game until it's used or does it expire on Night 2?
In post 1183, Titus wrote:I should stick to MU. There my intelligence is respected even if disagreed. I don't get voted for mechanics disagreements and trying to sort from my theory.
Yeah, well, it benefits scum to suggest ideas about mechanics that are likely to help scum. In other words, you can’t completely absolve responsibility for what you post since it is just mechanics-related.
In post 1185, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1183, Titus wrote:I should stick to MU. There my intelligence is respected even if disagreed. I don't get voted for mechanics disagreements and trying to sort from my theory.
You're literally suggesting a plan that:

1. Is likely to have at least one scum being picked for a superpower regardless just via statistics
2. Makes it so FA is not accountable for her picks
3. Makes it so FA can "happen" to have the picks land on scum if she's scum and claim they were random
4. Basically removes any readability from the mechanic, which is the biggest protown way to use it right now

This is a heavily proscum move and I see you in a better light than to assume you would suggest this as town, so you're scum.
1) Is pretty much unavoidable.
2) Is true but is it really that big a concern? The likelihood that FA chooses 3-5 of the scum isn’t that high.
3) Not really. It’s harder to tell, yes, but I would be suspicious if a lot of scum were chosen.
4) Meh
I’m not convinced that it is heavily pro-scum though I agree it prob. benefits scum to a degree.
In post 1192, Titus wrote:Yet when I push for FA to claim targets, I get called scummy for wanting that accountability. It's a catch 22. If I say nothing and blindly trust FA, then I am acting proscum. If I speak up, those who like FA and elect her basically attack because they feel like they are untouchable majority who shouldn't be suspected.

What likely happened is scum dispersed on buddyable people.
This is generally what happens.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3052 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3037, Sakura Hana wrote:Interactions with Numbers Nancy, the post links are from Numbers
I think Numbers was probably just WIFOMMING. That doesn’t mean that either mylo or random couldn’t be scum but I’m not putting much stock into that list.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3053 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3050, Ankamius wrote:Having too many scumreads isn't that indicative unless there's something else that makes it necessarily scummy.
Right..And there is. Namely Cerb's death and the fact he wanted to lynch in {Titus, you, and Nancy} and the post below among other "chainsaw" defenses.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3054 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:34 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 3048, MathBlade wrote:I do actually want to. But not with people who don't actually play forum mafia.

I actually play on other sides and am very close to well regarded and a threat, especially in turbos, F2F's, or mashes. Sure people joke but they joke with content. There is a bare minimum to it. If you want to spam or go talk music, go somewhere else. Call it LAMIST all you want, but quite unless mechanics dictate it, a game in a game is just noise.
i know, i guess it was a bit unfair for me to write that statement about someone who wants less noise in a game, wasn't it? almost makes it seem like i was just writing something with no intent to further the game or provide useful content, doesn't it? almost seems like i was trying to make you look worse without good reasoning, right?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3055 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3038, Ankamius wrote:I don't understand why one of them has to be scum and not just both being lynchbait he wants to push in the future
Yeah, their posts were all over the place. They self-vote, then deny it. Call Muffin both town and scum. I’m definitely not assuming anything based off that list. The most likely basis for linking the two of them together, was obviously LURKING.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3056 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3054, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 3048, MathBlade wrote:I do actually want to. But not with people who don't actually play forum mafia.

I actually play on other sides and am very close to well regarded and a threat, especially in turbos, F2F's, or mashes. Sure people joke but they joke with content. There is a bare minimum to it. If you want to spam or go talk music, go somewhere else. Call it LAMIST all you want, but quite unless mechanics dictate it, a game in a game is just noise.
i know, i guess it was a bit unfair for me to write that statement about someone who wants less noise in a game, wasn't it? almost makes it seem like i was just writing something with no intent to further the game or provide useful content, doesn't it? almost seems like i was trying to make you look worse without good reasoning, right?
It's more likely that you're trying to piss me off.
Or draw a parallel between that and your reads on Drixx.

I'm sure there's some underlying point you're trying to make and I'm missing here at my expense. I'd rather you just say what the fuck you're thinking and be transparent. Because right now I'm pretty sure you + 1233456789 + Titus are all scum together and this was a Titus plot.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3057 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:42 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1099, 123456789 wrote:
In post 1050, Ankamius wrote:Titus, you're not looking very town
The same could be said for your slot.

Random could also be scum by virtue of having done like nothing this game; I can’t remember a single post from them. Same for Mylo who also has a scum meta of keeping quiet.
In post 1100, 123456789 wrote:
In post 1055, Titus wrote:
In post 1053, Ankamius wrote:Can you look town in the meantime so I can solve the game
You know I lack that gene. So I am not going to Peacock. Talk to me about Numbers. Do you see that he has little follow through like I do?
If you are doing the same thing as me, why are you scumreading me for it?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3058 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:44 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3040, zMuffinMan wrote:already said it's a meta point on numbers, but also those two were hardly the only two players in the game lurking and he felt a deliberate need to call out those two in particular (though mostly mylo). also think about why he mentioned mylo's meta in 1099 and just follow through the logic (from the perspective mylo is town and the perspective mylo is scum)
Disagree, they were the most obvious lurkers. I didn’t have much of a read on random. He was NAI to me, though I leaned towards disinterested villa at the time but Math seems kind of villagery to me, so meh. As for mylo, their posting is more concerning because unlike random, who just basically vanished, they keep just posting filler. If this continues, I’d definitely start to get suspicious.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3059 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:45 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Now with the three posts here, if Numbers was town, he should have been happy that two of his scumreads were going at it.

He could have offered to bus or what not. Instead he argues the same could be applied to Ank.

Now WHY? is the question.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3060 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:46 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 3058, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Disagree, they were the most obvious lurkers. I didn’t have much of a read on random. He was NAI to me, though I leaned towards disinterested villa at the time but Math seems kind of villagery to me, so meh. As for mylo, their posting is more concerning because unlike random, who just basically vanished, they keep just posting filler. If this continues, I’d definitely start to get suspicious.
nico, drixx, cupcake, bbMolla and probably others i am forgetting were all either doing the same thing as mylo
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3061 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:48 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

oh yeah, and kokichi

man, we had a long list of lurkers d1 but he picked those two names in particular!

what a coincidence!
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3062 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:50 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3043, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3038, Ankamius wrote:I don't understand why one of them has to be scum and not just both being lynchbait he wants to push in the future
A friend of mine told me recently when I said I wanted to change how I review things: "If you want to find scum you'll always find something scummy. If you want to find town you'll always find something townie. If you want to find the truth, then you'll only find questions. Then based on those answers you'll have reality."

In other words, if a particular event looks funny to you ask about it. Don't assign an alignment.

It looks like here muffin is assigning alignment versus actually asking the questions about it.

Furthermore, Titus knows practically everyone and how to manipulate things. Using common assumption with her is bad. I've stated this several times. If Titus is scum, then using "Titus would or Titus wouldn't..." is bad. Similarly for any of her members. If scum have daychat and she talked with them almost anything is possible.

@NancyDrew39 It's disgusting because it's saying because I sucked in past games that I automatically suck here. It's like me saying because your username has numbers in it, clearly you're scum with numbers. While the statements themselves are true, what naturally follows doesn't. It's at best gambler's fallacy and at worst just outright shade.
I view it more as absurd tinfoilling, more than anything else. I prefer to focus on players’ ISOs and interactions, as the most reliable way to find scum.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3063 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Now, any 5 people in a group of 22/23 people does have a high probability of hitting at least one scum. However his response is underwhelming here in 1368.

People being accountable for their picks is a big way reads are being generated so far. Randomness also removes the ability to get reads at all. It's why moving out of RVS is important.

It also tells me that scum didn't feel in control, especially if Titus is scum. As either alignment she throws fits when she isn't in control.

Now a scum team not in control, reads become paramount to manipulating scenarios later. Especially if two scum were being wagoned end of day one.

This means anyone they pushed has a higher probability of being town to me not scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3064 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:55 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Do you think the push on me towards the end of day one was scum-motivated, math
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3065 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:59 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3064, Ankamius wrote:Do you think the push on me towards the end of day one was scum-motivated, math
I think 123456789's posts definitely were. I haven't read enough of end of day to say the whole thing yet. I'm still going through Titus's ISO.
I don't recall there being a push though, more shade. I think Titus and 123456789 were the main people I saw in those ISO's being pushed. :/

Mainly it's really hard catching up and we only have a short time til deadline. So I'm looking at the events people mention first. And that's what caught my attention.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3066 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:00 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 3065, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3064, Ankamius wrote:Do you think the push on me towards the end of day one was scum-motivated, math
I think 123456789's posts definitely were.
how can you tell?

:thinking:
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3067 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:02 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3066, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 3065, MathBlade wrote:
I think 123456789's posts definitely were.
how can you tell?

:thinking:
1) Because he flipped scum.
2) Not all scum posts have a scummy motivation. I just think there was motivation behind these posts. Sometimes scum post things in order to have town pick things up and run with it. It's more which posts have intent.

I apologize if my wording was unclear at all in that. It's more purpose I'm after and trying to find.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3068 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:05 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3059, MathBlade wrote:Now with the three posts here, if Numbers was town, he should have been happy that two of his scumreads were going at it.

He could have offered to bus or what not. Instead he argues the same could be applied to Ank.

Now WHY? is the question.
Ank, why do you think he included you? Yeah, this is even more reason why this makes no sense. I did think that Ank and Numbers could have been w/w at the time but when Ank made that post about Numbers’ having town markers on them, I realized I was probably wrong about that.
In post 1768, Ankamius wrote:Ftr numbers is probably flipping town.

The wagon has huge town markers all over it
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3069 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:07 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3060, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 3058, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Disagree, they were the most obvious lurkers. I didn’t have much of a read on random. He was NAI to me, though I leaned towards disinterested villa at the time but Math seems kind of villagery to me, so meh. As for mylo, their posting is more concerning because unlike random, who just basically vanished, they keep just posting filler. If this continues, I’d definitely start to get suspicious.
nico, drixx, cupcake, bbMolla and probably others i am forgetting were all either doing the same thing as mylo
I dunno but I still don’t think it necessarily means anything.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3070 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3053, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3050, Ankamius wrote:Having too many scumreads isn't that indicative unless there's something else that makes it necessarily scummy.
Right..And there is. Namely Cerb's death and the fact he wanted to lynch in {Titus, you, and Nancy} and the post below among other "chainsaw" defenses.
Umm no. Cerb wanted hebi
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3071 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3070, Titus wrote:
Right..And there is. Namely Cerb's death and the fact he[123456789]
wanted to lynch in {Titus, you, and Nancy} and the post below among other "chainsaw" defenses.
Umm no. Cerb wanted hebi
#rapid posting clarification by way of quote edit
GTKAS -- MathBlade
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3072 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 3069, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I dunno but I still don’t think it necessarily means anything.
if we're dealing in absolutes, sure. nothing that get said in a mafia game
necessarily
means anything (with the obvious exception of mod confirmation in non-bastard games)

but hey...
In post 1387, 123456789 wrote:BBMolla - Null leaning town
NicoRobin - Null
Randomidget - Null leaning scum
Kokichi Oma - Leaning Town
Katsuki - Null
Myloninja13 - Null leaning scum
Drixx - Null
wow, look at that. only two specific names among the people lurking were "null leaning scum" despite a similar level of content across the board

hmm, probably means nothing

wow, a cursory glance at how he treats a lurking buddy in another game shows a similar way of calling attention to a buddy lurking. know what i can't find in numbers dude (and ircher's) scum games? directly calling out a town player and asking them to provide content. (it may exist, i just couldn't find an example of it - and someone else is free to put the time in to find a counter-example here if they want. he does
mention
lurkers in other games, just not in the same way)

guess it means nothing

(the point here is that there is better reason to assume he was extremely conscious of a buddy lurking than not)
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3073 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:45 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3070, Titus wrote:
Umm no. Cerb wanted hebi
I think he meant Numbers not Cerb.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3074 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:49 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3072, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 3069, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I dunno but I still don’t think it necessarily means anything.
if we're dealing in absolutes, sure. nothing that get said in a mafia game
necessarily
means anything (with the obvious exception of mod confirmation in non-bastard games)

but hey...
In post 1387, 123456789 wrote:BBMolla - Null leaning town
NicoRobin - Null
Randomidget - Null leaning scum
Kokichi Oma - Leaning Town
Katsuki - Null
Myloninja13 - Null leaning scum
Drixx - Null
wow, look at that. only two specific names among the people lurking were "null leaning scum" despite a similar level of content across the board

hmm, probably means nothing

wow, a cursory glance at how he treats a lurking buddy in another game shows a similar way of calling attention to a buddy lurking. know what i can't find in numbers dude (and ircher's) scum games? directly calling out a town player and asking them to provide content. (it may exist, i just couldn't find an example of it - and someone else is free to put the time in to find a counter-example here if they want. he does
mention
lurkers in other games, just not in the same way)

guess it means nothing

(the point here is that there is better reason to assume he was extremely conscious of a buddy lurking than not)
So you want to lynch based on this? What about ISOs and interactions - the usual foolproof method for catching scum?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”